[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Fire Emblem Magical Fairy Edition

16062646566

Posts

  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Lol Navarre just crushed Asker. So much for those feathers!

    The Counter phase seems so poorly designed and explained.

  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I skipped it last week to see if you could stockpile Counter Arrows, and the answer is no.

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited January 12
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Yeah. I skipped it last week to see if you could stockpile Counter Arrows, and the answer is no.
    The in-game info actually says as much. Doesn't explain how the opponent's power is calculated in the Counter phase though. At the moment the only "strategy" I can see for the counter phase is to check every hour to see if Askr is "weaker" (x3 attack power) and the "combo" multiplier is maxed (x1.5 attack power), and use all your Counter Arrows then. Doesn't seem to be much point in not using them all at once.

    homogenized on
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Free pulled red today on New Power, thinking a Leif might appear or at least a red Raven time. Nope, it was free Elincia! Been hunting her for years to no avail! +Atk -spd, so workable for a chunking brave build. Quads will be harder, but maybe I'll get a merge at some point.

    Excited to build her up. Found the home for my swift Sparrow seal.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Omg it finally happened

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Andy JoeBrainleech
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »


    Let's get a TMS banner in January, IntSys.

    Thank you, IntSys.

    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane
    Pokemon Sworc Name: Claíomh
    KasynWarlock82
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 15
    I'm frankly a little amazed. I had almost convinced myself that IS was going to ignore this game in Heroes. This gives me hope for Cipher and Warriors OCs too. (not that the Warriors OCs are any good but I mean, I want everyone represented here :P They added them to Cipher anyways)

    (the sad aspect is I literally have no money to spend on this right now so this banner better be effing lucky for me... I only have like 70ish orbs to work with here..)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Extreme hard pass for me. I know they've skirted this aesthetic for a while now but this crosses the line into very unappealing for me. Medieval warfare yes, Japanese high schools no. Hope it's a one off.

    Kasyn
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'm put off by the aesthetic a bit, but really the units just don't seem very good. Maybe they'll have really good stat spreads, who knows. Tsubasa's weapon has a decent effect, but the skill pool additions are weird. Sword Session seems good but also the order in which you take your turns is a primary concern in the harder modes, so it's kinda a crapshoot if you'll actually be able to take advantage of it. Shield Session is worse, since you can't affect the order in which enemies act at all.

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    Kasyn
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I think they tried their best to interpret TMS:#FE's Session mechanic into not broken skills.

    Andy Joe
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 15
    Acheron wrote: »
    Extreme hard pass for me. I know they've skirted this aesthetic for a while now but this crosses the line into very unappealing for me. Medieval warfare yes, Japanese high schools no. Hope it's a one off.

    Dear friend lemme talk to you about Persona

    Transporter on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    There is also a 100% chance the FEH team used Mirage Sessions to backdoor talk about a Persona 5 collab.

  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I'm put off by the aesthetic a bit, but really the units just don't seem very good. Maybe they'll have really good stat spreads, who knows. Tsubasa's weapon has a decent effect, but the skill pool additions are weird. Sword Session seems good but also the order in which you take your turns is a primary concern in the harder modes, so it's kinda a crapshoot if you'll actually be able to take advantage of it. Shield Session is worse, since you can't affect the order in which enemies act at all.

    I think that sort of is the point, you need to balance move order with the skill, otherwise it would be broken AF

    camo_sig.png
  • KasynKasyn Registered User regular
    I'm struggling to figure out what I want to do with my Naga, who I was able to get some good merges onto from the last Legendary banner.

    Her stat spread is solid across the board but not spectacular on its own, though she gets pretty fierce when Divine Breath is maxed out. She's sort of fast and with enough mixed defense to be adequate on the enemy phase, except she's not colorless, and is a flier + dragon so she has a lot of liabilities there. Her stat boosts are somewhat forgiving but still sort of awkward to achieve. She's sort of just a really weird support unit? I dunno.

  • Andy JoeAndy Joe The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Spent about 180 orbs, but I got Tsubasa, Ellie, and Kiria! My first Valbar, too. Gonna consider that a fairly fortunate session.

    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane
    Pokemon Sworc Name: Claíomh
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Yea i got Tsubasa the axe fish tank girl and a Ross.

    camo_sig.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I wondered how they were going to handle the paralogs wrt the Askr trio, I guess they made the smart play of "don't even try".

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    It's kind of unfortunate, would've liked to see them react to "the World of Showbiz" back in Book I. Especially if IS went against expectations and had Askr and Embla already familiar with "modern" worlds.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I ended up spending way more than I wanted :( But I got everyone eventually...

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    https://vote4.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US

    CYL 4 voting is now open.

    Voting for a character who's not currently in Heroes seemed to work out last year with Tethys, so this year I will be giving all my votes to Ashnard.

    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane
    Pokemon Sworc Name: Claíomh
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 22
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    https://vote4.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US

    CYL 4 voting is now open.

    Voting for a character who's not currently in Heroes seemed to work out last year with Tethys, so this year I will be giving all my votes to Ashnard.

    So vote for female Robin you say....

    Edit: FFS why is 3 Houses split into two games? I hope they count as the same character

    Edit 2: OK, they are combined.. Good

    Either way... Incoming Brave Dorothea..

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    https://vote4.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US

    CYL 4 voting is now open.

    Voting for a character who's not currently in Heroes seemed to work out last year with Tethys, so this year I will be giving all my votes to Ashnard.

    So vote for female Robin you say....

    Edit: FFS why is 3 Houses split into two games? I hope they count as the same character

    Edit 2: OK, they are combined.. Good

    Either way... Incoming Brave Dorothea..

    Brave Bernie you mean.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    SpoitAndy JoeCaptain Inertia
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Yeah CYL is strange for me at this point. Not sure who to pick to actually get a Brave Alt. Do I just vote for characters not yet in the game that I want to support? That list is getting rather small! Still, some notable exceptions remain for me (Jill, Deghinsea).

  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Academy Arc Dorothea will be getting all of my votes.

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Brave Bernie you mean.

    Plz no....

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Brave Bernie you mean.

    Plz no....

    She's just gonna have a 25MT weapon

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    DEF/Res solo for bernie

    camo_sig.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    You'll add her to your party and she'll immediately leave and go back to the barracks :3

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Three Houses is bound to get a lot more representation than it should due to a surprising lack of banners since its release. It's kind of a downer to me in that regard given that the timeskip variation of the lords were bound to appear in game at some point anyway, but they'll probably amass a lot of votes since they aren't actually here yet.

    Despite that, I'm going to be a giant hypocrite and vote for Lysithea anyway.

  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Brave Bernie you mean.

    Plz no....

    She's just gonna have a 25MT weapon

    2-4 range and cavalry obviously.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I think the new skills on speedmonsters that reduce all damage by 40% constantly are ridiculous. Not that eschutcheon etc. weren't already super weak, but fast bulky units didn't need wildly superior always-on damage reduction.

    s7Imn5J.png
    Acheron
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Brave Bernie you mean.

    Plz no....

    She's just gonna have a 25MT weapon

    2-4 range and cavalry obviously.

    yea i could see lysithea or bernie having extra range if some condition was met, health, debuff, class or something. that wouldn't be too broken assuming the condition was well thought.

    camo_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Brave Bernie you mean.

    Plz no....

    She's just gonna have a 25MT weapon

    2-4 range and cavalry obviously.

    yea i could see lysithea or bernie having extra range if some condition was met, health, debuff, class or something. that wouldn't be too broken assuming the condition was well thought.

    I'm just thinking a brave bernie needs to be her maximum ridiculousness as a bow knight. They can't give her Canto shenanigans, but at least she can get something representing Deadeye, right?

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Brave Bernie you mean.

    Plz no....

    She's just gonna have a 25MT weapon

    2-4 range and cavalry obviously.

    yea i could see lysithea or bernie having extra range if some condition was met, health, debuff, class or something. that wouldn't be too broken assuming the condition was well thought.

    I'm just thinking a brave bernie needs to be her maximum ridiculousness as a bow knight. They can't give her Canto shenanigans, but at least she can get something representing Deadeye, right?

    Sure though canto would be a pretty slick skill, albeit likely super busted. I made Bernie a pegasus bow knight in my current run.

    camo_sig.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    If there were any precedent for movement-restricted specials I think Canto could work as a weaker, melee cavalry only galeforce that lets you move again after combat.

    But then, nobody would take it because it doesn't help your damage output

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    If there were any precedent for movement-restricted specials I think Canto could work as a weaker, melee cavalry only galeforce that lets you move again after combat.

    But then, nobody would take it because it doesn't help your damage output

    You can't kill things if you are dead

    camo_sig.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Interim voting results:



    I know we all expected 3H characters to perform strongly because of recency bias, but seeing it laid out so starkly is still sobering.

    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane
    Pokemon Sworc Name: Claíomh
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Recency bias + the top 12 most popular non 3H related characters are excluded. I'd imagine Ike and Lyn could still do quite well in an open vote.

    Andy JoeLordSolarMacharius
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i mean, yea, but they are also cool characters with nice aesthetics (except claude war outfit that is terrible)

    camo_sig.png
    LordSolarMacharius
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    i mean, yea, but they are also cool characters with nice aesthetics (except claude war outfit that is terrible)

    It's weird how much of a mess Claude's costume is, especially when his special Barbarossa class has a totally different look (which is great).

Sign In or Register to comment.