As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Well Kasyn, you were not wrong. Edelgard is Surtr 2.0.

I got too psyched to wait for golden week, and it's unlikely to have anything I want more than Edelgard, so I dropped about 210 orbs.

I didn't have a fantastic 5 star rate, but oh man the quality of what I got is so high! I was sniping green, but I kicked things off with a freaking +atk -hp Duo Ephraim. Beast of a unit. Next came +atk -spd Edelgard, then a +def Edelgard, and finally a +atk Celica. Whew!

Edelgard has 65 attack at +0. Also she lowers defense by 6, so it's more like 71 attack. Bahah

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Spent ~50 orbs, got another Nagi (up to +2 now!) and and a neutral L!Edelgard.

https://youtu.be/KbWpOV_pzwM

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Free pull on the only green orb was +ATK/-RES Edelgard. Well shit, okay.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Between my free pull and my first summon ticket I got two Picnic Floras, the first +Spd/-Res and a neutral one I merged into the first.

Now I can spend the rest of the Golden Week tickets sniping on green for Picnic Felicia.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Garbage golden week if you ask me! Weak old seasonal banner at 3% instead of brave heroes at 5%.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Three Nagas in about 100 orbs. This game really wants me to max her.

Kasyn on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Three Nagas in about 100 orbs. This game really wants me to max her.

I hate all of you. It took me 100 orbs to get a single nagi. and nothing else.

And this is STILL better than my average luck, where I'm usualyl at like 150-200 orbs to just get a 5*

steam_sig.png
    My ticket today produced a +atk -spd Flora. Well, I don't love the aesthetics, but at least she uses an actual knife and not a duck or something. And she deals brutal damage when initiating. Guess she can hang around a while unless I need bold fighter fodder...

Next banner is a new fallen heroes:

https://youtu.be/ZyllQxsYQvc

But never mind that shit, here comes the Ashnard GHB I've always wanted!

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I don't understand why Ike is on here... Other than people like Ike :P Am I forgetting that one time he was evil? :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Yeah... I wanted a new OP Ike, but not an evil one! Kinda sad cuz now there won't be one for a while.

The good news is that I've found my next grail merge project. Come on Ashnard! Be good!

edited May 2020
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I don't understand why Ike is on here... Other than people like Ike :P Am I forgetting that one time he was evil? :P

The possibility of him touching Lehran's Medallion and going berserk like Greil was always there, which is why he was warned so strongly against it as a child.

EDIT: Apparently this version of Ike did previously exist...as a card in Cipher.

Andy Joe on
    The prospect of a guaranteed unit with neutral IVs after 130-150 orbs changes the game significantly. Puts a concrete price on skills like close call or heroes you just need to have. Lyon's massive % damage reduction makes him look like he will wreck even at +0, and the others are all loaded with power too. I'll probably dump my last 150 orbs in and hope for the best.

Hooo boy they did Ashnard justice. A great prf that blocks arrows and has a powerful Daunt effect. My 2600 Grails are ready.

The main thing that will hold him back is the crazy SI restrictions on fliers. Is the only option really QR and DC? Kinda lame.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    One day fliers will get a good B skill or two, though it's probably still a ways off as of right now
    Pegasus Flight 3 is a small step in that direction, at least

Got a Lyon and a Julia from my regular pulls, went for Ike as my free unit. With Ashnard from the GHB that'll be enough for a full Arena team next time the bonus units change. Won't be color-balanced, but eh.

I got a -spd +hp fallen Lyon and just launched him into Astra season AR with fierce stance 3 instead of bonus doubler. He is ridiculous! Already doing great work on certain ranged and razzle dazzle defenses. A great option to have in AR.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Playing War of the Visions made me realize that idle screen shut off isn't an Android native feature. That game will run as long as you want during auto-play. I hope they fix it here, it would be nice to run Forging Bonds with having to tap the screen every 30 seconds.

edited May 2020
    Well I'm up to a free pull, which I'll probably use on Lyon since I was chasing green anyway. Didn't get any focus units, but I can't complain as ~150 orbs net an Igrene, Mamori, Nagi, and Larcei—and more importantly, three more Echidna merges (which is why I was content chasing green to begin with).
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I hope they fix it here, it would be nice to run Forging Bonds with having to tap the screen every 30 seconds.

They did fix it...for $10/month.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Idle screen shutoff is a native Android feature, and it's the default: games have to explicitly say "hey, don't turn off the screen, important shit is happening right now" to keep it from happening. I know FEH turns it on for Tempest Trials, because my screen will only idle turn off on the Game Over/Stage Clear screen. I also know it doesn't turn it on for Rival Domains, since I've seen it idle in the middle of a go.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I have Feh pass. But my phone will absolutely shut off when I'm running FB using auto start.

Delzhand wrote: »
    I have Feh pass. But my phone will absolutely shut off when I'm running FB using auto start.

Same. I just tap it when I see the screen dim out of the corner of my eye.

New event calendar:

Anyone wanna take a stab at who'll be in the new bridal banner?

Lucina hasn't been around for awhile.
    Maybe Camilla, since current events in 2020 seem to suggest this is the darkest timeline.

edited May 2020
    Beaten the limited battles til now, but an abyssal using only unmerged Reinhardt and Sigurd is where it ends. Hard for me to be a fan or invest in FE4/5 when they aren't playable for me!

Edit - nevermind. Holy crap I had never given Reinhardt the DB3 seal before. He was wrecking everything. Luckily the first couple abyssals aren't nearly as overwhelming as recent ones.

Acheron on
    Yeah, limited abyssals are going to be a challenge in the future. I had to modify some of my skills/seals and inherit some on my untouched green Olwen, but Reinhardt, flying Ishtar and actually-just-a-mobile-wall Altena swept it up.

s7Imn5J.png

That's definitely a sheathed katana, meaning it's a Hoshido-themed banner...but you know who's always crashing Hoshido banners?

Bridal Camilla, here we come!

Fallen girl Corrin appearing on a banner again meant I blew a bunch of resources on her for merges. I don't usually do that sort of thing for 5* exclusives, but the power and simplicity of her kit (on a colorless unit) broke me down. So now she has a +7, dragonflower'd up tummy ache and is quite a monster.

I was also hoping for Norne pulls on the way to make her my next common +10 project but she never wants to come home. I got a couple more copies. Literally two. So now I can make a +3 Norne, and it's going to be a *very* long road to +10 her at this rate.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    It turns Oboro was the crasher on an RD banner. That silhouette was highly misleading!

A full-spectrum Micaiah team will be possible now.

Probably gonna pull on green (for Nailah's offensive power) and colorless (to keep my Micaiahllection complete).

Not sure about a Nailah that doesn't come with distant counter. Her kit is basically just a more offensive-oriented version of her base one, but then Glare seems kind of useless. Cool art, though. As for Micaiah, a colorless Thani is appealing, and her duo skill giving the team +21 damage against people in three columns is pretty nuts.

In honor of his original purpose, I hope new Hinata comes with some great fodder.

s7Imn5J.png
    Ugh hope this didn't use up Tellius' turn for a banner .. prefer new heroes to seasonals by a lot. Getting a GHB is better than a TT unit too.

I admit Ashnard was good enough though. Saving feathers for the +10 already.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I have some time to hoard grails before they get dropped into the pool, but it still feels bad to be at the bottom of the mountain with two different grail projects at nearly the same time - Ashnard and Mininerva.

Still, both are great and I'm thrilled to finally have a red sword flier worth building.

Really mixed on where to go with Ashnard though. Sturdy Impact would give him some pretty great mixed phase potential, but DC or Fort Def/Res would be nice and I tend to lean into a unit's strengths rather than try to round them out. (He gets QR in the B slot pretty much either way though.)

Gave mine DC and QR3 already, haha. Rest of the build isn't as important til he is +10 for arena scoring. Thinking that harsh command+ from the divine codes would suit him.

Acheron wrote: »
    Gave mine DC and QR3 already, haha. Rest of the build isn't as important til he is +10 for arena scoring. Thinking that harsh command+ from the divine codes would suit him.

What kind of team are you building around him? I've stopped looking at individual units in a vacuum and try to build full teams at this point.

He finds a home tanking in my Flyer Brigade. Most of my other flyers are more player phase or mages. Also use him for the monthly flyer quest with some non laguz friends.

Longer term I will make him a main member of my arena core though. 750 score without needing any useless skills like R duel flying, and with Guidance he could be a huge help with mobility. Beats out my black knight, who I refuse to sully for arena scoring by like... Inheriting DC over his steady breath.

Spent about 130 orbs, got a Micaiah (+Def, -Res), a 4* Rafiel (+Spd, -Def), and a Nailah (+HP, -Def). There were still a couple green stones after, so I pulled on them on the off chance I could get a merge, and randomly got my first M!Grima (+Atk, -Spd).

edited May 2020
    Maybe it's because I am currently playing radiant dawn on Wii yet again, but Micaiah has been kind to me this week. Free summoned her blue form yesterday (merged to +3), and today free summoned a +atk -spd bride version. Wow. She is a beast with a fun and cohesive kit. Looking forward to her dominating TT.

Haven't even tried the duo skill yet. Wonder what I'll need to make it shine in AR.

Edit - arena assault. Team of 4 whale armors, all +10 and varying colors. Fort def res 3, the works. Bride miccy obliterated them all with about 10-20 overkill, it was beautiful.

Acheron on
    Myrrh refine is extremely unexpected but very welcome, as she's one of the very few 5* exclusives I've managed to max out over the years. Wonder where they're going to go with it.

My +atk Myrrh eventually got up to +3 due to random pitybreakers, but I have high hopes for her refine. I'm sort of hoping it reduces the defense check to a smaller gap than 5, and even something like a built in Iote's effect would help her a lot by freeing up her seal slot. I'm not sure what else they'd be willing to do with her outside that, but it's been ages since I used her and it would be nice if she was at all relevant again.

Yay for Myrrh! Have her +4 with +res and DC. She can still do work in some cases, so it'll be nice to get extra power.