As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I think the sweet spot would be to just use hall of forms to replace arena assault. I think it could easily be converted. Boost EXP rate or something and adjust who gets skills (maybe everyone who gets a kill or something rather than first) things reset after you beat the boss or you get a team wipe.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    mts wrote: »
    I think the sweet spot would be to just use hall of forms to replace arena assault. I think it could easily be converted. Boost EXP rate or something and adjust who gets skills (maybe everyone who gets a kill or something rather than first) things reset after you beat the boss or you get a team wipe.

I mean, I don't hate arena assault. At least in theory. I just hate that it's 7 rounds of brutal BS that you MUST do all in a row at once, no option to split it up or anything (It's also extremely tedious and time consuming since it encourages custom team building based on whatever random team you get matched with each round). What AA needs is a refresh like they did for Arena. Make it shorter, less punishing. I can't say how many times I went 6/7 and then lost someone in the last fucking map and just said fuck it because I refused to run that shit again

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    https://youtu.be/3sLNIrtmaPk

It's about effing time
    Why the fuck is Catria on this tho? She's on Celica's route.... And also already in the game :P Albeit not the Echoes version

Edit: Oh, we're FINALLY getting blue tomebreaker in the general pool.. Nice! No more poor Robins will have to be sacrificed for a skill that isn't even that great...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Can't wait to see Sol Lance and its eventual variants on every armor stall team that are already parked next to healing towers and quadruple warded.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Wonder if every new non-seasonal unit release will come with a new addition to the 3/4* pool from now on.

• Options
    Silque has kind of a brutal kit. special reset, no counter. While i doubt you would ever run 2 staves, having exp boost for leveling seems legit

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I wonder how viable an all-staff team would be. B!Camilla, Silque, B!Veronica, Loki?

• Options
    Yeah Silque gets a tradable version of H!Mia's staff. That's pretty nuts

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Stall is, imo
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I wonder how viable an all-staff team would be. B!Camilla, Silque, B!Veronica, Loki?

Suffers for lack of dancers and many of the strong A-slot skills I think

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    *sigh* Still no Valbar... even though he's on the friggin' box of Gaiden...

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Did you not see Valbar is the new Bantu?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Acheron wrote: »

Did you not see Valbar is the new Bantu?

God dammit Heroes... why you hide dis? (I seriously wasn't sure if you were joking until I went back and checked)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Yeah you'd think the first new 3-4 star armor EVER would warrant more than a 2 sec post credits clip.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I guess I just need to make sure I keep watching on all these. It kind of seems like they might be doing this with every new non-seasonal banner now (though two isn't exactly a pattern :P). I almost missed Bantu last time - I only caught because I happened to leave the video running. (these things tend to come out while I'm in the middle of watching something else so I always wanna get back to that after :P)

Edit: Random thought.. of all the characters still missing from Echoes, they chose Conrad for the GHB over Zeke? o_O (also I thought no one actually liked Conrad...) Or heck, just give us friggin Rudolf. That would be awesome as shit. TBH before I read the news though I thought it might be Mycen. It's really weird to me that he's not in yet.

Strange to think they almost have the entire playable cast tho. They're only missing Mycen, Luthier, Zeke, Tatiana, Kamui, Jesse, Atlas, Deen and Nomah (aka the guy who will probably never get added cuz no one gives a shit about him :P). (and I mean, I guess Palla and Est if we're REALLY doing this two versions of the same character thing...)

That's a pretty ok list compared to most other games (though I think Awakening is starting to fill out... they've almost finished the children - aka get rekt Laurent, no one cares about you either). This is not counting villains of course. Rudolf, Slayde, "Dozer" (aka Desaix :P), Jeddah and Nuibaba being the obvious choices. (edit: Oh duh, and Fernand... I totally forgot him..) Funny after they kind of ignored the shit out of Echoes post launch. Like, we got a couple banners and then NOTHING for like 2 years before they started doing some alts.

Edit 2: Oh, and I guess Mila mythic hero still needs to be done. Maybe she's up next. (though this month is a Legendary so...)

Edit 3: Now can we finally get Lena and Julius in the game? :P I still feel like they are sorta main characters of FE1 that you guys are totally ignoring the existence of :P (I mean, they're in the anime, that's main character enough for me :P Lena's also plot-important in FE3)

Another Late Edit: I just noticed Valbar has Vengeance.. Haha.. Story appropriate skills are the best

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    No luck with 5 stars on limited pulls + tickets, but I did get my last Klein for +10. Ahhh that's nice. My first colorless +10.

I love that they are adding new characters, not just alts. But aside from 3 houses, it's getting undeniably low on the "relevant characters not yet in game" scale. 2020 might have to be alt heavy by necessity, or else just have absurd stuff like random 3rd tier newcomers being stronger than all the series icons.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    No luck with 5 stars on limited pulls + tickets, but I did get my last Klein for +10. Ahhh that's nice. My first colorless +10.

I love that they are adding new characters, not just alts. But aside from 3 houses, it's getting undeniably low on the "relevant characters not yet in game" scale. 2020 might have to be alt heavy by necessity, or else just have absurd stuff like random 3rd tier newcomers being stronger than all the series icons.

Nah, there's a lot of choices still. They've barely touched Geneaology and Thracia for example. There's also quite a few characters from PoR/RD missing, like a few of the Greil Mercenaries and like the entire Dawn Brigade outside Micaiah and Sothe (fuck, Jill isn't even in there yet). Also the Shadow Dragon/New Mystery DS remakes have like a bazillion characters. Most are not super relevant but there's quite a few still that are.

We're also missing a lot of important villains - Medeus (how is he not here yet? o_O), Nergal, Fomortiis, Ashnard, Ashera, Gangrel, Validar, Anankos, literally anyone with any actual plot significance from Three Houses... (seriously, Kronya is like the most nothing character :P And Death Knight is barely a level above :P Though at least he gets character development and shows up more than once)

Edit: All that said, if they had to they could probably do a whole year of nothing but important Three Houses characters and not run out. There's soooo much to mine from that game yet :P

Edit 2: Also just my gut feeling, but if power creeps too much more out of control we might just see a blanket buff to legacy characters. Legacy infantry can already use twice as many dragonflowers, though that doesn't do a whole heck of a lot. But they've been slowly giving all the old characters new personal weapons to make them suck less. I assume they'll keep going along that route (if they run out of weapons maybe they'll add skills or unique specials or something else...)

Edit 3: Completely random ass aside: I don't like that Valbar comes with Brave Lance :/ It's a weapon that doesn't technically exist in Echoes, at least, not in this form. Gaiden/Echoes Brave weapons are more of a Killing Edge +crit effect... it's super picky of me but it feels inauthentic :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'm very much enjoying the fact that Catria's forging bonds story is "Intellegent Systems *really* reuses the blue-haired pegasus knight sister archetype a LOT"

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Yeah there are characters to add, but would anyone be happy with Devdan showing up and outclassing Ephraim and everyone else? Or Edward being the strongest myrmidon in the series? You're right about the villains. They have never gotten in properly, especially now that GHBs are mostly good guys.

I hope you're right about new catch-up mechanics, and one that actually works this time.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Yeah there are characters to add, but would anyone be happy with Devdan showing up and outclassing Ephraim and everyone else? Or Edward being the strongest myrmidon in the series? You're right about the villains. They have never gotten in properly, especially now that GHBs are mostly good guys.

I hope you're right about new catch-up mechanics, and one that actually works this time.

Eh, we have like 10 different versions of Ephraim, one of them is bound to be better :P I mean, this is a game that already made Arden good and Haar trash :P I think we've long since thrown away adhering to the games' character strengths :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    so first free ticket round.

free- new catria

well that is sweet, maybe ill try the clear

clear- silque

oh. um ok, guess another red this time , let it ride

red-tibarn

ummmmm. ok. i guess i should finish

junk junk.

but hot damn. that was exciting. now i get to sit in terror of doing anything with my spare tibarn and have it be in purgatory. steady impact is amazing to give out or i can merge

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Ahh, I love it when an accessory just fits.

he2bkkw1mbzi.png

• Options
    Est: "Come on red army, let's go!"

<proceed to be put on Est's GREEN army>

:+1:

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Est and Palla are just very supportive of each other and can't help but root for their beloved sister.
    Sorry Catria, you'll have to get your love and support from some of your alts instead.

• Options
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Leif triples his body weight with armor in this one weird trick.

3-charge galeforce on a ranged unit but it gravs you is not something I saw coming.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The wording on his weapon about the second effect being triggered when player controlled is weird, does that mean it doesn't happen when auto-battling?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    The wording on his weapon about the second effect being triggered when player controlled is weird, does that mean it doesn't happen when auto-battling?

I think it means it doesn't happen when he's on a defense team.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    yea i doubt it would be auto battle since that still gets effects but who knows. seems kind of silly and i imagine it will be bugged and patched out.

also. this is a nice banner for colorless me thinks.

leif looks pretty good. so his ult is a short cooldown galeforce but you can only move 1 space after triggering right?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »

I think it means it doesn't happen when he's on a defense team.

^ It's this. It's to nerf him on Aether Raid Defense teams because he would be broken as shit. Kiiiiiinda wish they had come up with this effort for a few other units (L!Alm, L!Azura for example)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Threw some orbs at the legendary banner and pulled a L!Azura. Not my most desired unit, but I'll take it.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    This banner screwed me over hard. I just wanted any of the colorless units, but 100 orbs netted only a -SPD Ryoma. What a turd of a unit... Might be the worst legendary, especially with those IVs. Not even any fodder!

The good news is that I beat Abyssal Leif on my own. The insane power of my +4 Brave Ike with Lucina nearby tanked everything, including quads from Leif. Celica and LAzura murdered the rest.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Oof, got lucky on the first pull: Azura, Felicia and Palla. Sunk another 150 orbs in and ended up with 3 Alms, 2 Felicias, 2 Azuras, Leif, Palla, Ranulf.

Definitely going to stop while I'm ahead.

• Options
    Lol 15 orbs per 5 star?? The variance in this game... 100 to 1 vs 15 to 1. Instead of spurring orb purchases, to me it really devalues orbs. They can seem almost useless compared to Grails and feathers, which get known results.

• Options
    I got Leif like third circle or something. For once didn't need to even spend money, it was great. Absolutely no other pulls besides two Leifs (I pulled a little more and got a second one), but fuck, I'll take it.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    https://youtu.be/ldhCeVfyFQk

*insert Ghast going nuts*

Edit: Hey whatdayaknow.. All the recruits are here

Edit 2: I checked, Ross comes with a Brave Axe

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    At last, firesweep axe arrives.

Also, their duo skill is to give all infantry/armored +1 move?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/ldhCeVfyFQk

*insert Ghast going nuts*

Edit: Hey whatdayaknow.. All the recruits are here

Edit 2: I checked, Ross comes with a Brave Axe

Yes, Tethys is finally here!
    At last, firesweep axe arrives.

Raudrserpent, too. IntSys filling in gaps with this banner, it seems.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Ross! One I've been waiting for. Too bad he doesn't have a prf, but a better chance of getting him is great. Hopefully he has a trainee boost and good stay spread.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    HELL YES SACRED STONES. Still no Duessel tho. And it looks like Tethys is pretty demotable?