As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I battled my friend. He got a bunch of sinnoh stones and I got dust... *sigh*

The long awaited Pokemon/FEH crossover event has arrived! :wink:

Dammit, wrong thread :( I am too tired today apparently

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Pokemon has some kind of crossover with some SRPG samurai franchise or other, so it wouldn't be the first time. :)

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Holy cow Surtr is broken in arena. I just set an all time high run of 5 wins without losing a single HP!

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Paired up Aversa +5 and Eir. Seems like a perfect match.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I pulled an Eir with +SPD/-DEF. Now I get 111 lift per win. :hydra:

Her RES is pretty bonkers, especially against Veronica due to Mystic Boost. Sadly, you can't put Flashing Blade on fliers, or there'd be more than enough Icebergs to make you sing Celine Dion.

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Just got a successful first defense of the day because their Celica lacked axe-breaker and they ran out of time killing both Surtrs. I feel evil, but hey, saved 80 lift!

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I have a team specifically for Surtr! Though I’ve never needed it yet.

I had to use my escape ladder today. Turns out, you cannot smite through buildings (catapult). I was going to lock my Cecelia to bait and kill Reinhardt and bait Bow Lyn with no ability to enter melee, instead it cost me the match.

Live and learn!

• Options
    From reddit, someone having fun with their defense:
    uxm82tgk17421.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=bf24e9364b480d911118350a80e7b8f04d9b0820

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    fng3n0aocs1f.png

Speaking of theme teams. These are all fully kitted out with flier buffs. Even with BLyn and two dancers I only survived with one unit.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I fought an all-Lucina team in the Arena once. Didn't seem like they were terribly powerful, though.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Theme teams tend to be pretty easy usually I've noticed

Edit: Ugg, I can't find an Aether Defense setup I'm happy with. I just switched again to a flier team. Maybe this one will fair better. I tried to leave things more open for this one. Decided penning my guys in doesn't do much for me anyways. And I'm using my aether fountains as bait since who the fuck cares if *mine* get destroyed (it's weird that it doesn't penalize you or reward you for them surviving). We'll see how it works out. +10 Summer Corrin can maybe blarblade me to victory, I dunno :P

Random side note, one of my pulls I managed to snag a +SPD/-HP Lewyn so I merged my old one into him and have been re-leveling today. God damn I forgot how broken this guy is. Special every turn is really not fair :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I have no fucking clue. Maybe the one on the left is Fae? Looks kinda short and scruffy like Fae. But it's really dang hard to tell

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    It's Wrys, seen from above.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    https://youtu.be/hRCtC3Lg9w8

Edit: Wait so it's a Sacred Stones Christmas banner but the bonus Tempest Trial unit is Cecilia from Binding Blade? Uhh ok?

Also Eirika looks fucking nuts. "Buff the shit out of the hero with highest attack" the healer

Edit 2: oh wait, Fae is from Binding Blade, I'm dumb. It's weird that they are split like that though rather than a four hero banner like they've been doing with the two game holiday banners

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Ephraim also looks baller. +10 to atk and def if solo +4 to everything else.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I swear Ephraim's voice actor sounded different but I'm pretty sure they listed the right guy so maybe I just haven't heard him speak enough :P

Also they seem to have a hard-on for Sacred Stones lately. Feels like Eirika and Ephraim and Myrrh are the new Fates/Awakenings :P Tho I guess they were kinda like that towards the beginning of the year with Blazing Blade spamming Lyns and Hectors

I had to look up who the TT hero was cuz I couldn't recognize Cecilia from that tiny sprite :P What a weird character to give an alt to. I feel like she's such a nothing character in Binding Blade.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Definitely what we needed was Surtrs with armored Eirikas giving him +5 DEF/RES and +6 ATK and healing him when he takes 3 damage from someone.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I'M SO SCREEEEEEWED

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Definitely what we needed was Surtrs with armored Eirikas giving him +5 DEF/RES and +6 ATK and healing him when he takes 3 damage from someone.

I mean, it's not like you couldn't set that up already.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    True, and Surtrs haven't personally been much of a problem in Aether Raids because of Tiki (even though I still think he's totally ridiculous), so it's more like just a learned reflex at the sight of seasonal armors.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Welp, spent my next 20k feathers promoting a Sothe so I could use up the other 5*s I had sitting around.
    xyz00w5fk0a8.png

Almost wonder if I should take him the rest of the way, but probably just hold off for now. Maybe I should start working on Sheena to get another +10 armor ready for potential bonus ally status

• Options
    Decided to use some of the summon tickets and try for something on the hero fest. 20 more orbs got me Deidre and Eir!

Continuing further, I spent 30 and got Dream princess Corrin and dream prince Corrin! Had neither, but I’ve never had so many off banner 5 star before.

But, 150 orbs roughly for five 5* is a win in my book for sure.

• Options

Dang Christmas Cecilia looks pretty nice. Really like the art for her.

• Options
    Wonder what kind of stats an armored healer will get.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Need to see stats, but Fae could be bonkers. She gets +12 Def/Res when in an armor ball before wards!?!

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Random thought that will probably not be true because I don't feel like they can write stuff that cool:

What if Hel attacking Askr was not unprovoked? The queen mentions the king used to be like Alfonse until "an event" changed him. Maybe that event was someone dying (due to his recklessness or something) and the king opening a gate to Hel to get them back. Maybe it was even Sharena which would explain why she dies here. Or it could have just been the queen.

Anyways, my neat little theory that will probably not happen cuz it's too interesting :P

• Options
    Random thought that will probably not be true because I don't feel like they can write stuff that cool:

What if Hel attacking Askr was not unprovoked? The queen mentions the king used to be like Alfonse until "an event" changed him. Maybe that event was someone dying (due to his recklessness or something) and the king opening a gate to Hel to get them back. Maybe it was even Sharena which would explain why she dies here. Or it could have just been the queen.

Anyways, my neat little theory that will probably not happen cuz it's too interesting :P

i would subscribe to that newsletter

camo_sig.png
  • Options

7BbbYYp.png?1

Thanks, RNGesus!

PS. This guy is evil:
    jqddAoG.png?1

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    I'd go after the Lucina on the right over the walls with a dancing savage Veronica, picking up the aether while I'm at it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I like that they're using the "new" indicator on new skills in unit videos now.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »
    I'd go after the Lucina on the right over the walls with a dancing savage Veronica, picking up the aether while I'm at it.

That would have been smarter than what I did - she ended up doing one of her double moves and sniping a unit. I think that was the only one I lost, but I guess that demonstrates why you're ahead of me on the "Friends" ranking list. ;)

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Durinia wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »

That would have been smarter than what I did - she ended up doing one of her double moves and sniping a unit. I think that was the only one I lost, but I guess that demonstrates why you're ahead of me on the "Friends" ranking list. ;)

It's the experience from the OG desperate blade dancing team days being really useful in this savage Veronica based aether environment. :D

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    Glad I wasn't the only one who made "flap flap flap" noises constantly after that Feh Channel.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    I've been fortunate enough to hit tier 18, but getting to tier 19 may be very challenging and beyond me. I figure I can earn an average of 80 lift per fight. I generally get three fights day one and two fights every other day. That means 15 fights, or 1200 lift. I need 1000 to advance. That also means I need to lose equal to or less than 200/7 = 28 lift per defensive loss.

It would be nice to hit 19 so I can get that last defensive slot. Otherwise, there's no chance of me getting to 21, so until things change, it looks like I may be spending less time worrying about aether raids!

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I'm stuck at like tier 16 because I apparently suck. I just keep doing so bad. I dunno how I could fix things :/

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I'm stuck at like tier 16 because I apparently suck. I just keep doing so bad. I dunno how I could fix things :/

maybe you should consider dropping some money on orbs?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Also, I had four defense already. The first one lost a unit, good for me. The next three were all Surtr tanks your entire team.

Maybe I should put pass on my units.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    mts wrote: »

maybe you should consider dropping some money on orbs?

Hehehe well I did get a +10 Eir (I figured Hero Fest 5% chance was my best opportunity to spend the least amount of money on this and merges stupidly mean something). She's actually been good for my flier team for Aether Raids so I don't particularly mind. I dunno tho. I think I just need to Git Gud maybe. Maybe flier emblem is a bad Aether Raid team tho. It's iffy in terms of handling Surtrs for example, which is on literally every team. Eir can finally deal with Reinhardt and other casters tho so she's good.

Edit: That said I did upgrade my fortress this week and I feel like the extra stat boost helped quite a bit. I also upgraded my escape rope to tier 2 so I get two do-overs per season now which is nice.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I am getting a bit weary of the calculations involved in trying to get deathless raids, and it seems downright impossible withing 7 turns sometimes. So I've gotten to the point where I will move more quickly and make an aggressive double kill sometimes, knowing that unit will die but assure me a win with only one death.

Also, I had 2 defenses today. One, I killed no units. In the other, I killed all 5 enemies. Guess which one was first...?