As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Oh good morning, giant pile of aether stone quests.

I was starting to wonder how anyone was going to afford anything at the weekly rates.

Edit: welp, nm

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    These are actually a special glowing version of aether stones only usable for the three new cosmetic items, which from the sounds of it will vanish after three weeks.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    These are actually a special glowing version of aether stones only usable for the three new cosmetic items, which from the sounds of it will vanish after three weeks.

I don't think the items themselves will vanish, just the currency used to build them. I kinda like the idea of being able to decorate (especially in the long term when we have more variety), but I wish they didn't actually act like destructible walls. I've already got more than enough of what I need for strategic purposes, so they're just kinda in the way.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Haha, got my first total defense! Oh look at that no merge Ophelia with 3 CD on her special, how about I bait her.

Whoops, that's why there is a Dorcas and Young Azura! Instant AOE special! Boom. Half the team nuked.

• Options

Ick. On the bright side, I now have two more obstructions on my defensive map. :razz:

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    https://youtu.be/UNxlSzKmbmQ

Weird, a two unit banner. Also why is Ylgr a dagger?

I wonder if this means we're getting older sword brother for free via a tempest trial or something like that...

Edit: Oh or he could be the legendary hero too

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    20 damage to units within 2 spaces? IntSys must have been pretty keen to have the playable version have the same effects as the enemy version.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Oh, Sorcery Blade, a version of Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade based off RES this ti—oh wait it's completely unrelated.

Also I see Steady Stance going up to rank 4 had to throw unlimited HP threshold Guard into the mix, because why not.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I am very much not interested in these characters. A guilt-free Speed Tactic fodder unit would be nice I guess? Not gambling more than a few orbs on it though.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    surtyr looks kind of broken

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I want the requisite one of each, but I'm not super keen on merges or anything. So hopefully I can go light on orbs

Edit: God dammit schedule. STOP LISTING DATES FOR 11PM PST... Ugg.. I thought the banner was tonight.

Anyways, I now have Wendy up to +8. Suddenly my score range is going way up (I even got one 756 which is the max). She's actually turning into a really solid hero now that she's getting merges. Granted a lot of that is the bonus stats she gets from arena and all the buffs I give her, but still...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I broke 1100 orbs. Maybe I could afford to roll for new fodder. Steady stance 4 is kind of bullshit so I wonder if it's uninheritable but haha power creep demands it isn't.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    if he is initiated on by anyone within two spaces, he essentially gets
    ATK +4
    and an effective Def+19 (? math).

Likely is going to have like no resistance though. Basically hit him with a horse melee who moves in out of range or nail him with a wizard.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd bet money on steady stance 4 being inheritable. Both other tier 4 skills have been.

It seems very strong, but you do lose the special charge of a steady breath. Using it together with vengeful fighter would be awesome, actually. Not sure I would choose it on infantry over steady breath, even though the guard effect can make someone an absolute brick wall.

I'm not super psyched on this banner, though a spare Surtr would be nice. The hoard continues.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    mts wrote: »
    if he is initiated on by anyone within two spaces, he essentially gets
    ATK +4
    and an effective Def+19 (? math).

Likely is going to have like no resistance though. Basically hit him with a horse melee who moves in out of range or nail him with a wizard.

Surtr's Menace is start of turn buff/debuff so it won't activate unless you tried to bait him; he'll only get the Def+8 and anti-Special charge 1 from Steady Stance 4 if you stay outside his range before attacking him. No horse needed, 2 spaces is enough for any non-armour unit to close the gap, and armour units can do it too if he moves toward them on his turn. Also with the buff it's more like Def+16, the Def+3 from Sinmara is a flat increase that's always there no matter the situation (like a stat+ A-Skill, Seal, or weapon refine), I don't really count it.

homogenized on
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    um surtyr what

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Totally putting steady stance 4 on my 4*+10 +DEF Lukas and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Ok the odds to get a focus unit on this 2 focus banner are crazy high. I'll probably go at least 50 orbs to see if I can snag one. Not in love with either character, but they both have some primo fodder.

• Options
    Currently rank 46 in aether raids!
    ...of course, I am officially on the clock until someone removes 80 lift from my score, and I imagine there's a number of people who stopped just shy of 4000 points today. Still, happy about it while it lasts.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    4* +10 Lukas bros though mine only has fortress def and obstruct along with ignis

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Confirmed Surtr is broken

Look at those neutral stats. Then he gets like +8 defense and +4 to all stats from his skills. I kinda feel like he's gonna be stupid in arena

Also dang, finally Gharnef

Edit: My free pull was +SPD/-HP Ylgr... I'll take it game.

Also lol, what the heck:
    b82yzxysufmj.png

The one on the left is +ATK/-SPD btw

Edit 2:
    https://youtu.be/o3P4Fbmf0D8

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    It took 120~ orbs until a 5* popped out but at least it was a banner unit. Snagged a Ylgr

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Holy crap, I got a Surtr with my free pull! That's probably all my luck with this game gone, I'll blow all my orbs in an unsuccessful attempt at the next Camilla alt or something.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Somehow got a ylgr on my second and surtr on my 5th. Then I wasted another 5 or so trying to get a better surtr

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Got a crappy +HP -Atk Surtr, which is fine. I can have fun with him for a while and use him as a bonus unit before foddering him without feeling bad. Took about 80 orbs, no other 5 stars.

• Options
    Mine is +spd - def which may not be that awful considering his boosts

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    How do you even begin to counter/fight Surtr? He looks like a tough egg to crack ... let alone scratch.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    YEAH....Sutr is not even remotely balanced.

• Options
    Isolate then come at him with magic with ploys active hopefully.
    that or super saiyan Lillina

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Baiting him isn't tenable due to his axe and C skill, and attacking is hard because of his A and B. Gotta either dance a red, use a powerful red with armorsmasher, or attack with two units.

• Options
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    How do you even begin to counter/fight Surtr? He looks like a tough egg to crack ... let alone scratch.
    If he has Infantry March you can bait him like any other enemy phase unit. If he doesn't you can save him for last and kill him with a mage supported by a dancer.

• Options
    Yeah, he doesn't have DC, so just gang up on him with mages.

Which raises the question - what would Surtr be like if you replaced SS4 with DC?
    Especially if he's -SPD/+RES...

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    My free pull had 3 blues and 2 greens, which I took to be an omen. I pulled the full round and my last orb was a +HP -ATK Surtr. Not bad. I feel like he's going to be super annoying in AR.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Freebie pull was surtr. Not sure how I feel about it since I don't like his character. I was gonna pull for Yglr instead for my free roll but my other orbs were red and grey. I'm saving my orbs since I'm orbless atm.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    A pull with two blues and one green spat out Silas(-RES/+ATK), Ylgr(-ATK/+SPD), and Surtr(-SPD/+ATK). Took maybe 30 orbs total.

Damn it; why can't I have this kind of luck on banners with units I actually like?

I guess I'm obligated to keep the Surtr with those stats, but I have to decide what to do with Speed Tactic. Maybe put it on Airlivia and make a Titania with Attack Tactic? Or would it be better to give Titania Speed Tactic and partner her with Nephenee with Odd Attack Wave? The rarer skill should probably go on the more versatile unit, especially since I can only get Titania to +4...

Airlivia feels like the best choice overall since as a non-infantry dancer she fits into pretty much any Tactics team (and if I was going to run more than one other flier I'd be using Airzura instead of tactics strats anyway). Are there any major considerations I'm not thinking of?

Wyvern on
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Damn it; why can't I have this kind of luck on banners with units I actually like?

Because there's a flat out higher chance of getting a focus hero on this banner. A video I watched pointed this out and I hadn't considered it. This is the first 2 unit banner. Therefore the 3% focus chance is split across two heroes instead of 3 or 4. That means you have a higher chance, on top of green and to a lesser extent blue being the best colors to summon on due to fewer non-focus heroes. It's kind of a perfect storm. Honestly this banner is probably functionally a similar pull rate to Hero Fest I'd guess.

• Options
    Huh. Somehow haven't had a defense loss yet since pushing over 4k lift yesterday. Did lose another unit on offense today, though. Thought my units was going to barely survive, but I didn't notice that they were getting hit by a tower that turn. Oh well.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Wonder which heroes will be involved in the next Forging Bonds event, because so far they've used the most recent released ones, and the Event Calendar doesn't have any new batches between now and the next Forging Bonds. I doubt Ylgr, Surtr, and Gharnef will going on a potentially wacky campaign together, but the idea tickled me a bit.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Surtr's confession makes clear there's no room for character growth there, yeah.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So I did get Sutr who’s -SPD/+ATK.

If you want to really mess with the AI, run Sutr in the DC armor ball

Except don’t give him DC.

Ranged will target him since he can’t attack back

But whoops he’s in the armorball shredding defense and doing 20 damage whoops