As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Eitri, you be crazy
    https://youtu.be/wPNOLtPgaJY

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Oh, two mythics? That's new.. https://youtu.be/jyMA8VvjfRc

Edit: Aaaand pulled both in like five pulls. There goes all my luck for the rest of the year...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Other stuff from the FEH channel:
    https://youtu.be/Ei0NJ1LbSpQ

https://youtu.be/KoEsCnHvxZY

I'll edit in the banner when they post it later... Which, it's about fucking time Basilio, one of the best Awakening characters, gets added.

Edit: It's out
    https://youtu.be/6wg1ffItyhc

Also boo PvP (also I thought Feh was the one in love with Xander, not Fehnix...)

Edit: Also I approve of the new profiles and especially the new filter options (FFS the filter by Legendary/Mythic/etc one was especially sorely needed)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Yeah, the filter update is actually what I'm looking forward to most. Trying to get around it by using heart colors is cumbersome.

Now all they need is to let you use the 'filter by skill' from Inherit Skill in any view so I don't need to scroll through my barracks during arena assault trying to remember who has red tomebreaker etc.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Nobody wanted live PvP in FEH, fuuuuuck this is going to be bad and annoying.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Nobody wanted live PvP in FEH, fuuuuuck this is going to be bad and annoying.

Agree 100%. I suspect this is gonna be a thing I just kinda ignore like most of the PvP stuff beyond arena (seriously I just can't with resonant battles and shit anymore... too time consuming for like, one orb and some flowers or whatever bullshit). Even arena I have stopped caring if I drop just as long as I get all my wins. I care a little if I lose someone cuz then I definitely drop. But if I don't score enough points or whatever I don't really re-do it.

Edit: Honestly this game has become bloated as shit with modes. There is TOO MUCH to do to the point I've just stopped caring and skip like 50% of it...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    The game was pretty anemic at release, but they've steadily added and never stopped, to the point of yeah having too many. Especially when some of them just aren't very good, like Grinding Bonds or Heroes' Journey. Adding Duels to the list of weekly tasks when all I really want them to do is swap Arena Assault to biweekly and Allegiance Battles in instead is bleh...Duels doesn't even sound fun against AI.

Wasn't there a mode they retired once a long time ago because it was skewed so hard they had to nerf it once or twice immediately and then never reran it, or am I mixing that up with Rival Domains? I just remember a mode where you fought a bunch of enemies on a large map and as you progressed up the tiers/difficulties they got ridiculously strong very quickly. I think maybe you just had to survive X rounds?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Also I'm amazed they're giving a good F2P sword infantry with a distant counter/dodge PRF. I was assuming we'd just have yet another flying lance unit with middling stats, a repeat lance+ and Chill Def.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    The game was pretty anemic at release, but they've steadily added and never stopped, to the point of yeah having too many. Especially when some of them just aren't very good, like Grinding Bonds or Heroes' Journey. Adding Duels to the list of weekly tasks when all I really want them to do is swap Arena Assault to biweekly and Allegiance Battles in instead is bleh...Duels doesn't even sound fun against AI.

Wasn't there a mode they retired once a long time ago because it was skewed so hard they had to nerf it once or twice immediately and then never reran it, or am I mixing that up with Rival Domains? I just remember a mode where you fought a bunch of enemies on a large map and as you progressed up the tiers/difficulties they got ridiculously strong very quickly. I think maybe you just had to survive X rounds?

Yes, Rival Defense or something like that. It was so unpopular and difficult that it lasted like a month or something and never came back (if only they did the same for Aether Raids...). Technically also that Garden whatever it was called which wasn't that bad but then they just stopped making maps for it. Also kinda Tap Battle? Which they stopped doing but then like maybe twice a year will randomly bring back one of the old ones.

TBH Forging Bonds is one of my favorite modes. Not for the actual gameplay which is pure auto trash grinding, but the stories are great. Honestly seeing the characters of different games interact with each other and mock the obvious tropes of the franchise is one of the best parts of this game. So I mean, for that I'm ok with it. Though I wouldn't complain if the "gameplay" actually meant something.

Kinda same deal with Heroes' Journey to a lesser extent. It's also pure mindless auto grinding but the little scenes are cute. They are also stupidly annoying to unlock tho (seriously you have to grind soooooooo much for the dumb 100 star bucks to pick a random one that is a duplicate 90% of the time)

But yeah, I'd say a good majority of the modes are kind of garbage. Most are almost all basically the same thing. GHB and BHB and Tempest Trials are maybe the only ones I don't dislike? (aside from Forging Bonds and to some extent Heroes Journey). The rest are kinda a hassle/ruined by whales.

Lost Lore is ok I guess but it's such a nothing mode too. I guess it's useful for getting official translations for FE3-5 stuff :P I still legit do not understand the point of Frontline Phalanx... It's maybe the most useless mode in the game? The Loki Chess one that I can't remember the name of and don't feel like looking up is ok I guess too but just takes forever.

Modes I actively hate:
    * Arena Assault (seriously I have been saying for three years now they need to fix the fact you have to do 7 matches in a row.. It's such garbage),
    * Grand Conquests (just a pure garbage not fun mode)
    * Aether Raids
    * Resonant Battles (just meh)
    * Arena I guess (I hate it less now that they gave you a do-over which helps SOOOO friggin much but it's still a game of "Oh look, there's +10 Legendary Chrom, or Corrupted Edelgard, or Ninja Lyn duo, or Summer Byleth duo, etc."... It's so tedious...)
    * Voting Gauntlet for being way too time dependant

And the rest are just whatever. Man, remember after the first year when they did like a survey and took fan feedback? Gee, that sure was nice... And it never happened again.....

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really don't understand Mjolnir'd strike and how do I lose?
    The voting gauntlet can go to hell because of reddit backing certain ones to win
    I don't get Aether Raid but that's became I am level 7 and I have no idea how to raise it. I don't get compile either as am renting them or?

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I really don't understand Mjolnir'd strike and how do I lose?
    The voting gauntlet can go to hell because of reddit backing certain ones to win
    I don't get Aether Raid but that's became I am level 7 and I have no idea how to raise it. I don't get compile either as am renting them or?

Oh yeah I have literally never understood the counter phase of Mjolnir Strike. It doesn't seem to matter at all? You don't get anything for winning or losing so who cares?

Edit: Really FEH?
    c99dm7qgdqqy.png

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    BTW, the pulls were actually kind to me for once. They were crap until just before I hit 40 pulls and then I miraculously pull Priam in time (like, maybe even on my 40th pull or close to it) to free pull Flavia and GTFO of red (which thank Christ, I still wish they'd let you use that free 5* whenever you wanted instead of forcing it at 40... I hate split colors...). Also pulled a 5* Basilio like immediately afterwards and one copy of Ash. I may dip back in to see if I can get anymore copies of Ash but probably wait until I get the tickets from Forging Bonds first.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Edit: Lol, that didn't take long
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKUubQYVqsY

Spoilers if yer lazy:
    Winter Manuela, Artur, Mirabilis (because everyone loves Heroes OCs right? :3), and Young Lysithea/Lute duo

Also supposedly Winter Ignatz TT+ unlock

I guess I'll take three new characters even if they're once again only available as holiday variants... (when the fuck were we ever gonna get Artur anyways :P). Unless I'm forgetting a different Ignatz addition but I don't think so. I remember him being the one three houses character to get massively shafted outside of some of the teachers like Manuela, etc

Warlock82 on
  • Options
  • Options
    I blew over 130 orbs trying to get Thor so sadly she became the new Iduun for me. It was just annoying to get the colorless as all 5 over and over in my quest to summon Thor

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    I blew over 130 orbs trying to get Thor so sadly she became the new Iduun for me. It was just annoying to get the colorless as all 5 over and over in my quest to summon Thor

I also spent a lot of orbs trying to get Thor. Ended up getting 3 of Eitri instead. Not the worst consolation prize I guess.

• Options
    Same situation except ~300 orbs and I got Dagr, the one green unit I already had...7 times. The disbelief increased every time I pulled another green focus and it wasn't either Thorr or Eitri. Not the worst fodder, but ugh I hate legendary banners.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/NJhdTxO1ejs

Wow, an actual money saving perk to FEH pass?! I am teh shocked

(TLDW 40 summons and you can pick any focus hero but only for Feh pass members)

• Options
    https://youtu.be/u69RUTOSBgc

Huh, I wasn't expecting Ascendant Heroes to include non Heroes OCs... Can I get Ascendant Robin then? :3

• Options
    edited January 2022
    https://youtu.be/tP1gAtHXuKE

Weird, they just kind of went all over the place with this one. I think everyone is from different games except the two Tellius characters

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited January 2022

I continue to be baffled by the Bernie popularity... *sigh*

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Oh hey, an actually interesting deep cut hero, I'll take it (also thank God not a Heroes OC)
    https://youtu.be/BhJTrXl3Fbo

Also she's a healer and they are always fun (man, remember when healers sucked?)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    And yet we still don't have Athos.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    https://youtu.be/xBmfbVOhEiY

Edit: Wow, I guess this is a thing too:

Google translate:
    Pre-orders for "Fire Emblem Heroes 5th Anniversary Memorial Box" have started.
    In addition to the soundtrack, it is packed with goods such as visual sets that look back on the five years of " #FEヒーローズ ". It is a made-to-order product, and reservations are being accepted until 23:59 on March 31st.

Introducing the contents of "Fire Emblem Heroes 5th Anniversary Memorial Box".
    ◆ Original soundtrack / music CD x 3
    ・ Successive title music data DVD
    ◆ Main visual set
    ◆ Mini Hero Sticker Picture Book
    ◆ Faye's soft smartphone stand

I'm assuming this is Japan exclusive

Warlock82 on
  • Options
  • Options
    It's BS the "free" after the 40 is for only FEH subs

• Options
    edited February 2022
    It's BS the "free" after the 40 is for only FEH subs

Yeah, I'd be all for them just doing it for everyone. It's weird it's different between special and normal banners.

Side note, I love that this Lucina is using the design from the soundtrack
    51cgmRJDG8L.jpg

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Holy shit this banner refused to give me Chrom/Robin duo... I finally got it after spending a lot of money T_T

• Options
    edited February 2022
    https://youtu.be/xV_qsbP-lh0

Oh shit, Nimah.. Or I guess "Niime" (I will never get used to some of these official localization names :P)

Also Cath is the 4*? Cath is actually cool. I'm shocked it's not Hugh. I'm trying to remember if Ascendant Hero means extra character kicked off the banner like when they put mythics in a normal banner. I guess either way there'll be a GHB. I'm calling Jahn if they're going to have an Idunn on here. (but it's a shame Murdock isn't in the game yet... But I'm guessing he doesn't fit as well with this banner's characters)

Edit: Oh shit, PM1 is saying Gonzales is coming? YES PLZ

My boy

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Yeah, the in game notifications usually announce if another character is also coming in a GHB or TT at the bottom of the video post.

• Options
    Yeah, the in game notifications usually announce if another character is also coming in a GHB or TT at the bottom of the video post.

Yeah, I saw the video late so I didn't even think to look.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Oh yeah, they released this at a weird time so I forgot to link it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nerpLL_WaBQ

Hey look, Caeda finally gets to use the weapon type she's actually supposed to have :3

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Now with cowgirls.

My second GF was a Taurus. Highly recommend.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    I had like 35 orbs and managed to pull Caeda just before running out. I consider this a win :P

• Options
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Popped in to this after like, a year? More? I dunno.

I forgot everything and there are so many more systems now. Yikes. What is the groups and reserves stuff in the barracks tho?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera