Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

1777879808183»

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ahhh yes, the game is weird about merging different star values. I only ever merge 5*s these days so I forgot that was a thing.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Alright, I'll see if I can find the thing for using feathers to boost them to five stars, then merge them, I guess?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    So, I finally got a little time to explore here a little, and it says you can use Combat manuals in place of a hero in Merge Allies or Inherit Skill. Is there a preferred option here?

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    So, I finally got a little time to explore here a little, and it says you can use Combat manuals in place of a hero in Merge Allies or Inherit Skill. Is there a preferred option here?

Honestly it doesn't matter. The only reason to *not* turn someone into a combat manual is if you think you would ever want to use them as the primary (before merges) hero (like if you find a copy of a hero with better boon/bane and don't wanna spend the fruit to change an existing one.. I do that sometimes :3). Otherwise the manuals do literally everything else. You can even rank them up.

Looks like CYL results tomorrow. I swear to God if *a* Robin doesn't make it into the top slots again (preferably girl Robin) I will riot...

Meanwhile, some completely random "most improved" ranks:

Monica makes sense to me - she actually became a real character in Three Hopes. The rest is kinda random (tho I see a lot of Genealogy and Mystery of the Emblem in there.. Maybe people clamoring for a western release :P) And I assume Frost is only on this list because one year he came in dead last (like, maybe even 0 votes? Or at least single digits) and has probably been getting meme votes since.

Desaix is an odd top choice.. Maybe people getting back into Echoes recently. He's one of very very few characters not already in the game (Jesse might be the only main cast? Deen at least has a seasonal version now)

Edit: Oh yeah, Mycen.. Kinda a big one.. Been so long I forgot he joins for like two seconds at the end of the game. Ditto for Nomah. Fully expect to see those two share a banner at some point ("Kinda Jagens of the two main characters" the banner :P). Throw in FE6 Marcus and maybe FE3 Arran for a nice jagen banner :3 Or swap one of those two for an awakened someone who is already in the game, maybe actual Jagen

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    At the lowest end of the popularity spectrum you can get big jumps with small overall vote gains. I bet Desaix only got an extra two dozen votes or so as a matter of statistical noise.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    At the lowest end of the popularity spectrum you can get big jumps with small overall vote gains. I bet Desaix only got an extra two dozen votes or so as a matter of statistical noise.

Based on the image I'm assuming he went up by 288 votes (I mean, I think that's what those numbers are). Which I agree, is still statistically noise (probably? I guess it depends on how many people are still actually participating in CYL... but I'm sure it's still a decent number). But it's quite a few more than anyone else jumped up by, so it's a little surprising his rise was quite a bit higher (honestly I would have expected the highest jump from Monica, but maybe she also got an ok number of votes last year). I can imagine some small campaign to get him votes or something being enough for that kind of jump, but just a little unusual :P FWIW Desaix is actually a pretty ok character and I wouldn't mind seeing him get in (which I think is guaranteed now based on past CYL influencing heavily which heroes get added).

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Honestly it doesn't matter. The only reason to *not* turn someone into a combat manual is if you think you would ever want to use them as the primary (before merges) hero (like if you find a copy of a hero with better boon/bane and don't wanna spend the fruit to change an existing one.. I do that sometimes :3). Otherwise the manuals do literally everything else. You can even rank them up.

It's mostly crowd control, I was just thinking about how they'd be best put to use if I decide to do this with some of my favorites.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    https://youtu.be/YVLWXSDneJM

So Robin won, but the wrong Robin. BUT, I see Male Byleth on this list. That means there's still hope for Female Robin... In like three years after all the Engage characters age out of the top slots :P (she got so screwed when Three Houses came out too). I've long been under the impression that "one version of the character winning excludes other versions but I guess that doesn't count for avatar genders *shrug*

Rando Heroes OC who has been shown literally once winning first is baffling tho. Feel a little bad for Bernie fans.

Summoning changes are long overdue. So sick of my pity rate getting reset by rando off banner 5*s. Arena changes also seem relatively decent? I'm not sure what this will do exactly but seems like you'll be able to bring whoever you want and still get max score as long as you have the right legendary. (I've long since stopped caring and just bring my dragons every week :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Okay, so I've been turning what allies I can into Combat Manuals, and now I'm running out of room again. I can't merge allies, I can't seem to give them their Combat Manuals for some reason, and this is starting to drive me nuts. I'm at the point where I'm not even taking free draws any more because I know I'll hit my limit again soon, and I don't want to keep wasting orbs adding slots.

Are Manuals taking up ally slots? Since it shows them in the Merge Allies selection, but won't let me actually do anything with them there?

I really wish they didn't have to go and overcomplicate this.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Combat Manuals do not take up Barracks slots, no. You can still slot them into the right-side "Lose" slot for skill inheritance or ally merges, however, and they'll only show up at the top when they're relevant. If you're trying to merge a lower-star hero into a higher-star hero, check your Settings, and make sure that "Merge Heroes w/ Lower Star Rating" is On. I'm not sure when they added that setting, but that might be the cause for your issue.

Alternatively, if you don't want to spend Orbs to expand your Barracks, if you have characters you know you won't use but still want to have in your collection you can move them to your Reserves. It's in the same menu for managing your barracks as creating Combat Manuals or dismissing heroes entirely.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Combat Manuals do not take up Barracks slots, no. You can still slot them into the right-side "Lose" slot for skill inheritance or ally merges, however, and they'll only show up at the top when they're relevant. If you're trying to merge a lower-star hero into a higher-star hero, check your Settings, and make sure that "Merge Heroes w/ Lower Star Rating" is On. I'm not sure when they added that setting, but that might be the cause for your issue.

Ah, found it! That should be a huge help, thanks! =D

Edit: Yes! It's letting me use the combat manuals with them now, too! Many thanks! 😺
    Alternatively, if you don't want to spend Orbs to expand your Barracks, if you have characters you know you won't use but still want to have in your collection you can move them to your Reserves. It's in the same menu for managing your barracks as creating Combat Manuals or dismissing heroes entirely.

Oh, I saw that option, but wasn't entirely clear on what it did.

LBD_Nytetrayn on