Options

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    crafting submarines is kind of a shit show because the special build pool is so heavily polluted with ships from other categories (looking at you, heavy cruisers)

did like 40 builds and only got the same purple sub twice

their build system is a clusterfuck in general tbh

light ships should be in light, heavies in heavy, and specialty ships in special instead of this mishmash they've got going

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Hope you didn't blow all your cubes on subs cause they just announced 2 DDs from Nagato's event. Ise and Hyuuga retrofits announced too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Just watched the AL x WoWS show which also included some AL Crosswave stuff. The latter part showed a whole pile of new ships. Fair warning, this will likely be a ways out for EN folks.

- 6 new PR ships: USS Seattle (Worcester-class CL), USS Georgia (Iowa-class BB), IJN Azuma (B-65 concept BB), IJN Kitakaze (Kai Akizuki-class DD), FS Gascogne (Richelieu-class BB) and KMS Freiderich der Grosse (H-class concept BB). You will need to be at Commander Lv80 in order to work towards these.
    - The two silhouettes on Crosswave's character page have been revealed: IJN Shimakaze and IJN Suruga. These will be making their way to AL proper soon enough.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    we haven't even gotten the first wave of research ships (Saint Louis, Roon, Neptune, Monarch, Izumo, Ibuki) so who knows when we'll get these just now being announced

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    There goes the PVP meta

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    There goes the PVP meta

i'm not really sure Nagato will really shift the pvp meta, mostly due to the fact that the EN server is in the unique situation of getting Amagi before Nagato

Amagi kind of occupied the same space Nagato does, just with defensive buffs/debuffs instead of straight offensive ones

• Options
    Welp got Maya from the world 8 sub map. Hope I didn't just blow all my luck right before Nagato comes out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Patchnotes.

- Event runs 11th through 25th. As elaborated on before Winter's Crown, we are not getting the new ships Suzuya and I-13 introduced in the rerun.
    - Ise and Hyuuga retros. BBV fans, rejoice!
    - New skins include the new Nagato and Mutsu skins from the rerun which is a pleasant surprise.
    - Ooshio secretary quest.
    - Buncha voice updates.

Kizuna Ai collab running April 26 through May 15.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    got 2 Nagatos in 40 pulls but no Kawakaze

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Is anyone else having a problem where the game doesn't think you have a character?

• Options
    A character? Where? Your secretary ship?

Also, got Nagato in my first 10-pull! And no other event ship. Did get two York though so she's maxed out and ready for retrofitting.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    My first 10-pull was awesome. Nagato both elites and one of the rare ship. Unfortunately my luck didn't hold so getting Kawakaze took another 5 or 6 10-pulls which took up all my gold so retrofits are going to be a bit slow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »

Also, got Nagato in my first 10-pull! And no other event ship. Did get two York though so she's maxed out and ready for retrofitting.

Like, the game doesn't think you've played it before and is giving the new player tutorial.

I've been playing here and there fine today. About 2 hours ago the app updated and when I went back to it, it reloaded and I no longer had a save.

• Options

Like, the game doesn't think you've played it before and is giving the new player tutorial.

I've been playing here and there fine today. About 2 hours ago the app updated and when I went back to it, it reloaded and I no longer had a save.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Yeah, just saw that. It was originally pushing me to the Washington server, but even after switching back to Sandy, it was still giving me the tutorial.

I just tried tapping the Twitter icon on the main menu (which I had used to bind my account) and it thankfully seems to have restored it. Apparently this is a common issue with the update today, and if you haven't bound your account, it looks like you're SOL.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Yeah they warned people to bind account before updating. I imagine a lot of people are gonna have issues just because they never bothered and then updated automatically.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    It just happened to me. First time I got set to Washington and was served the tutorial. Second time I switched over to Avrora but still got the tutorial. Third time I hit the Twitter button (twice because it didn't work the first time) and got in fine.

I've updated the OP and title to advocate account binding.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Same for me as well--very common issue apparently. Still scared me, since I don't use Twitter and didn't see the notice (but I did bind it to my unused Twitter account fortunately).

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Same for me as well--very common issue apparently. Still scared me, since I don't use Twitter and didn't see the notice (but I did bind it to my unused Twitter account fortunately).

Yeah, it was not a pleasant feeling. I think I've spent all of a dollar on the game, but the hours and hours of time I put into it.... I'm just glad I bound my account recently because I kept putting it off.

• Options
    edited April 2019

Yeah, it was not a pleasant feeling. I think I've spent all of a dollar on the game, but the hours and hours of time I put into it.... I'm just glad I bound my account recently because I kept putting it off.

I actually have spent some money on it (not an absurd amount, but it's pretty much the only Google store game I've ever spent actual money on). Going through the tutorial was a bad surprise (I didn't realize you should sign into your account via the button on the title screen).

EDIT: Aside from impatience, is there any reason to spend 20 cubes in one go? I've generally had a low number of cubes since I've been playing less between events, so I've just been doing the usual "Build 3 ships" to get the daily challenge and hoping for the best. Building 10 ships at a time doesn't actually change the odds, right? I thought I'd do so towards the end of the event if I was still looking for certain ships.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    EDIT: Aside from impatience, is there any reason to spend 20 cubes in one go? I've generally had a low number of cubes since I've been playing less between events, so I've just been doing the usual "Build 3 ships" to get the daily challenge and hoping for the best. Building 10 ships at a time doesn't actually change the odds, right? I thought I'd do so towards the end of the event if I was still looking for certain ships.

I don't think it increases the odds. It's just once you get to the upper levels, you get cubes and coins somewhat faster. I still typically do 3 a day except for a 10 pull here or there, for the most part. I'll do more towards the end of an event if I'm still missing ships that I want.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    If you can't recover your account they are helping people in the official discord channel. Also if you haven't noticed yet notifications are broken so if you want to keep on top of your commissions and skill training then you need to manually check on them every now and then and if your game randomly restarts that is why.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Monarch. Looks like we're getting Research very soon.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    And the great grind begins.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've gotten three Kongou drops so far in battle...after the first one that actually got me the Kongou. I have no idea if that's normal, but I don't consider myself lucky, so I assume so.

Really glad I didn't spend the 4000 in event currency first, because the Kongou is the one I wanted...and I have a feeling I'm going to get more (well, I could limit break her very fast, that's good). Between having the Kirishima like everyone else, and then buying one from the event..that just leaves the Hiei.

• Options
    According to Google Play Store they just updated the app to fix notifications.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PR ships confirmed for April 26.

...I need to renovate the OP.
    I've gotten three Kongou drops so far in battle...after the first one that actually got me the Kongou. I have no idea if that's normal, but I don't consider myself lucky, so I assume so.

Really glad I didn't spend the 4000 in event currency first, because the Kongou is the one I wanted...and I have a feeling I'm going to get more (well, I could limit break her very fast, that's good). Between having the Kirishima like everyone else, and then buying one from the event..that just leaves the Hiei.

What about Haruna tho?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    PR ships confirmed for April 26.

...I need to renovate the OP.

What about Haruna tho?

Haruna you can buy, alongside the Kongou leadship. I'm annoyed that Hiei isn't available for completionist sake, but I guess you just need to play the RNG.

• Options
    Took me a couple rereads to put stuff together.

Looks like we'll have to wait on Hiei until granny Mikasa comes around.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    If we keep to the CN/JP event order that is only 3 events out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh dear.

Akagi vs. Roon.

https://youtu.be/XKdJ6DnPhzk

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Wonder how they will do the rewards or if they are just doing the rerun instead.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    oh gods what is happening

Little Zepp

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I guess they wanted to add another Iron Blood carrier to the game so you could run a full IB fleet while still fulfilling Tirpitz skill requirements. It's not like they had any other options since the KMS scrapped their other one without naming her.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    In other news: there's four of them!? There's going to be four Kizuna Ai collab ships, all different categories: DD regular Ai, CV/CVL Elegant Ai, gunbote Anniversary Ai and heavily armed Super Gamer Ai. (I didn't catch anywhere saying the exact ship types.)

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    oh gods what is happening

Little Zepp

With Graf Zeppelin as my strongest carrier overall (either that, or Retrofit Ranger), Chibi-Zeppelin or whatever they call her strikes me as hilarious. It looks like she's wearing the normal versions clothes, but they just fit.

Also the Kizuna AI crossover is great. I've been a fan for a while (I even made a Kizuna AI classic Formula Two car in Forza 7), I really want that destroyer with her classic outfit.

• Options
    Also the Kizuna AI crossover is great. I've been a fan for a while (I even made a Kizuna AI classic Formula Two car in Forza 7), I really want that destroyer with her classic outfit.

Lucky for you then, the EN promo just dropped and classic Ai seems to be a simple login reward like Kirishima or HDN Nep. Still no word on exactly what kinds of ships the variant Ai are though.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Carrier
    Cruiser
    Battleship

steam_sig.png