Options

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Kinda new, as in I had an account for a long time but never really grinded. And after grinding a week trying to do Kizuna Ai stuff, I noticed all my ships are USS, so decided to go for Saint Louis.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    PSA: If you're missing the last 4 photographic memories, they unlock in the event stages after clearing SP Pitch Black. I just realized that.

Any tips on finishing SP1 with 8 ships? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm concerned it's not going to be easy, based on the other 2 stars.

do you mean SP black?

you can either do a 1:1 mob fleet if you're confident and a 3:2 fleet for the boss or do a 1:2 mob fleet and a 3:1 boss fleet (remove submarine fleet to be on the safe side)

your mob fleet will have to be able to deal with the roving ships so they can't be pushovers

Yeah, sorry, Pitch Black. I had trouble with those roving ships with my 3:3 mob fleet, so, hmm. Worth a shot, though.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Well, shit. So I managed to get to the boss with my boss fleet at 4/5 ammo and almost full health. I got the boss down to 16x health, but it just wasn't enough and my only vanguard ship went down. Do you even get anything for 3-starring that stage?

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    For the “Less than 8 ships” requirement, you can have your mob clearing fleet engage one of the mobs still left on the map and then retreat that fleet

It gives you the credit regardless of how many ships you used in either fleet because you won’t have more than 8 ships left after you beat the boss

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Yep, SP-Black boss node is a pain. Seems to me that the safest route is to go "screw the S-rank" and poke from the back.

My last attempt I got down to like x13. Then I got a lagspike and my Ayanami sank before I could hit pause.

EDIT: May 9 patchnotes. Hewwo Abercrombie!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    For the “Less than 8 ships” requirement, you can have your mob clearing fleet engage one of the mobs still left on the map and then retreat that fleet

It gives you the credit regardless of how many ships you used in either fleet because you won’t have more than 8 ships left after you beat the boss

Oh really? Interesting.

That's worth trying.

Edit: Well I'll be, actually worked. I took 2 full fleets (no subs) got my mob fleet down to no ammo, did another stage with them for good measure, then engaged another fleet with them, backed out and retreated, did 1 stage with my boss fleet, then the boss. Got the third star. Thank you!

Edit 2: I'll specify that I did the little Retreat bubble over the fleet, not the Retreat button that exits the stage completely.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    finished the manjuu event and got little Bel

now i just need to farm the kizuna event over the next week or so while working on Roon

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Damn. Another SP-Black run scrubbed when I ran my Ayanami into a boomboat.

Considering changing my backline to Ranger/Uni/Shouhou.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    SP boss isn't that bad just wait for that spirally bullet pattern before charging in to shotgun torpedo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The spirally bullet pattern is what gets me, usually on the way out.

I get the last laugh today though!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    my advice for SP black is if you're not overpowering the boss to run CVs and a durable vanguard of CLs/CAs

then just bank airstrikes and overwhelm her

• Options
    My boss fleet is Enterprise, Hood, Unicorn, Belfast, Ayanami, and Sirius. Most are 110 (4, I think) and the others are close. I didn't have too much trouble with the boss node. I think Enterprise did most of the work. I pretty easily got S rank, outside of the 1 try with 4 ships. Ayanami was down to maybe a quarter health each time, and she was the lowest. Like Orphane said, I just saved my airstrikes and most of my torps for the boss. I'd mostly stay back and hit an airstrike when she did her barrage, and only get up close if I was feeling brave.

• Options
    Alas, I don't have any 110s and even fairly few 100+s. There doesn't seem to be a special reward for getting 3 stars so I'll just do the daily clear for points.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    Alas, I don't have any 110s and even fairly few 100+s. There doesn't seem to be a special reward for getting 3 stars so I'll just do the daily clear for points.

Are you trying to get the < 8 ship star? Because the retreat trick totally works.

• Options
    edited May 2019

Are you trying to get the < 8 ship star? Because the retreat trick totally works.

Oh, I did that one already. It's the "sink all fleets" one I'm gonna let go... unless the Active Enemies don't count? I'd think they would.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options

Oh, I did that one already. It's the "sink all fleets" one I'm gonna let go... unless the Active Enemies don't count? I'd think they would.

Oh, yeah, I think they do. Yeah, that one was rough. I think I had to do 2 stages with no ammo and barely scraped by.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Youtube recommended this to me today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMhOWaQNWds

Japanese vtuber singing patriotic North Korean pop set to Chinese memes. What a time to be alive.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Sara seems to be a common subject of Billibilli meme videos, though the reason(s) why are quite beyond me.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    r9i5pgey09er.png

god that took a lot of grinding

now to get 2x as much xp

• Options
    And then comes the real grind PR blueprints.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Something I’m wondering, do you have to keep developing that character for things like XP to actually fill their meter? Or can you switch off them and it still counts?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    You have to stay on that ship to earn xp.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Vocaloid music with voices instead of singing actually sounds pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwU7s3UJvvc

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I just can not get enough of that Lady "dammit Sara can't I just get five minutes of quiet" Lex.

Oh yeah. Sussex and Abercrombie are live in Heavy Construction, the CoCo Ichibanya skins are out and Manjuu Daycare dorm, Tanikaze and Uzuki skins are in, and JP Twitter all but confirmed that the next event is indeed the Battle of Denmark Strait.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Finally got Little Bel. I wasn't sure if I would be able to, but 8-4 is pretty easy to farm and only requires 5 battles per clear.

I also just got the 2 hidden event scenes, so check your Memories and if you have 22/24, you probably need to clear SP4 some more. You get 1 for clearing it 8 times and another for 11.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Finally drew an Anniversary Ai, meaning I can redeem Elegant Ai from the event Exchange and spend the rest of my daily draws on Special Construction for smol botes.

These skin boxes, though. Ooof. So many planes and so seldom the skins I actually want.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    GIVE ME ZEPPY ALREADY
    Thank you for the 4 Hiei-chan and 2 Akagi-chan
    But where my zepzep, yo

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Well thanks to a lot of time sitting in a passenger seat on Sunday I finished the XP grind for Saint Louis. Time to take a break from grinding so I can have oil again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    switched to farming 11-1 for PR xp

it's...brutal with a KMS frontline so i decided to use Akashi and Shouhou to keep my frontline healthy but....at what oil cost..................................................

at least all the other PR ships will be more manageable simply by virtue of having more roster choices

I'm basically forced to use Eugen/Graf Spee/Leipzig right now simply because any other eligible ships would underperform by a lot

• Options

Bigass UI update coming, make sure you have space on your device(s) and your account is bound to Twitter, FB or Yostar.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options

it's...brutal with a KMS frontline so i decided to use Akashi and Shouhou to keep my frontline healthy but....at what oil cost..................................................

at least all the other PR ships will be more manageable simply by virtue of having more roster choices

I'm basically forced to use Eugen/Graf Spee/Leipzig right now simply because any other eligible ships would underperform by a lot

8-4 is probably the best for keeping oil cost down. Won't be the fastest buy you should be able to do just Konigsberg class and Leipzig with just 1 main fleet ship.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

8-4 is probably the best for keeping oil cost down. Won't be the fastest buy you should be able to do just Konigsberg class and Leipzig with just 1 main fleet ship.

problem is i don't have the konigsbergs even remotely trained/leveled so Eugen and Graf Spee are my only real choices and if I'm running them I might as well go for the best xp i can manage

I've sunk cost my oil basically; I also do want to finish this asap because i only get to play a lot on my days off from work and the XP is the only thing I'm missing to finish Roon

• Options
    I am in the same spot I leveled some skills but not the ships. Well maybe Bismarck will come with a new Iron Blood cruiser.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I was able to drop Shouhou once Danger level for 11-1 went to safe

the 20% dmg reduction is huge for keeping ships healthy

• Options
    tfw you fail the SP-Black boss on her last health bar

Kagerou's been an important part of my boss fleet with her DD Torpedo Command and Double Torpedo skills but I wonder if there isn't someone else I should have there instead.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    What is the rest of the your fleet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vanguard is Laffey, Ayanami and Kagerou. Main fleet is currently Enterprise, Saratoga and Unicorn. If I wait a while Shouhou should be back from commission so I can swap her in somewhere.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    With that backline, you might want to give Sirius a shot.

• Options
    Well I finished it this time.

My Sirius is a bit underleveled but I'll likely bring her once I start researching Neptune.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List