As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    My "Finish 8-4" mission for Akashi has been up for over a month at this point and I'm still chewing on Chapter 8, 3-4 Hard, 6-4 Hard and Event Chapter C. I may have to buy gems soon.

Also, the Saratoga award is not terribly impressive for me now that I already have her.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Orphane on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    CN and JP patchnotes just went up. EN has also confirmed the remaining Devas.

We, uh... we're in for a helluva ride, boys.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Stop I just recovered my cubes from Amagi

Don't do us like this yostar/manjuu

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    That is a big patch for being in between major events.

steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Servers are back up. There are a lot of buttons on the Events screen.

edited January 2019
    The events give out a lot of free stuff, which is nice

Did like 4 10-pulls and got Yat Sen, Chaser, and Tai Yuan out of the elites, and a bunch of the blue ships on top of our constant companion:

o3e72bar0xg7.png

obviously happiest about getting Yat Sen since that completes the trio, so now I just have to retrofit Ping/Ning Hai....and....train all their skills..........................

Also I retrofit Portland so there's that

Orphane on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I did a 10 pull and got a Kimberly and a Curlew (and a Sandy), so not too bad of a start.

Rip red and yellow skill books.

steam_sig.png
    Dang, I just realized you have to clear SP3 60 times in a week to get the reward Graf Spee.

My plan is day 1 clear SP1 and SP2. Day 2-7 beat SP3 10 times. Having a map to grind is nice for the spend a bunch of oil objective for Lunar New Year event too.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Having a map to grind is nice for the spend a bunch of oil objective for Lunar New Year event too.

Yeah, that's true. I've cleared SP3 twice so far today, so I guess I'll plan on doing 10 a day, as well.

Is there any trick to the fighting game event? Or is it just a "do 10 times each day" kind of thing?

It's just log in every day and use up your attacks.

steam_sig.png
    Huuuh. Okay. I think I've got the OP updated with all the current events.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I think I lucked out. I've done four "heavy" builds since the event began, and I managed to get a Nelson and a Graf Spee. At least I don't have to worry about the event to get the later!

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Anyone got tips on how to kill Graf Spee before she self destructs?

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    Anyone got tips on how to kill Graf Spee before she self destructs?

bank either torpedos from your frontline or air strikes from your backline to blow her up once her cast bar shows up

this may be more difficult to do if your ships aren't max level or with fully enhanced gear, since she does pump out a lot of bullets, but if you run a full fleet you should be able to hang on to at least a few cooldowns to put the pressure on once she starts her self-destruct sequence

ah damn there's limited build for the light boats too. I've mostly been spending them on the heavy stuff

urquanlord88.png
    Well that was a fortuitous pull.

Yat Sen and Tai Yuan and Chang Chun. And Chaser. And a Belfast.

I'm down to three left: Mullany, Curacoa and Curlew.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Just finished clearing SP3 for the 60th time. Now if you'll excuse, I'm throwing away my phone.

edited February 2019
    My last 10-pull was eight commons, Mullany and Sandy. The Algorithm is no longer in my favor, it seems.

EDIT: Sandy, Curlew and two Chang Chun. At least she has a cute line when you strengthen/LB her. "When do I get missiles?"

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    When you finally get Graf Spee but notice you are at 14/15 quad torpedo BP...

steam_sig.png
    Ianator wrote: »
    My last 10-pull was eight commons, Mullany and Sandy. The Algorithm is no longer in my favor, it seems.

EDIT: Sandy, Curlew and two Chang Chun. At least she has a cute line when you strengthen/LB her. "When do I get missiles?"

I still haven't gotten any of the ships pictured on the build screen. I've gotten a bunch of Curlews and Curacaos (and Sandys). I was scared to keep building because I was already having space issues, which made grinding SP3 a pain, but now that I'm done, I can do some more building.

TNTrooper wrote: »
    When you finally get Graf Spee but notice you are at 14/15 quad torpedo BP...

notlikethis.jpg

I'll say it again, I wish I had autoplay for the maps and not just the battles.

Also, having Hard Mode stages in these smaller events would be lovely, not just to challenge higher-level players but to get the "instant boss nodes" bonus from Threat Levels.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    not gonna lie to you guys

i'm too lazy to make sure graf spee doesn't blow up when i autobattle her with my low cost 3-ship fleet so i just have 2 cruisers that will survive the blast

Orphane wrote: »
    not gonna lie to you guys

i'm too lazy to make sure graf spee doesn't blow up when i autobattle her with my low cost 3-ship fleet so i just have 2 cruisers that will survive the blast

I did Amagi, Graf Zeppelin, and Z23. Most of the time they beat the timer. If not Z23 with the 15% damage reduction could tank it easily.

steam_sig.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Started this recently.

What is the recommended strategy for leveling ships?

I’m at 3-2 and have a few ships at ~30 but as I get more units, how do I best level them?

I’m mostly running 6-ship fleets, but that may not be ideal overall

Grinding an easier map and putting them in the dorm will be the fastest way. When you aren't playing for a while send them out on longer commissions. Larger fleets just means you are spending more oil but if it's all ships you plan to use it's not a waste. Oh and don't forget to do your PVP exercises even if you get creamed you get exp.

steam_sig.png
    ya the dorm, commissions and pvp felt the fastest for leveling ships to me

urquanlord88.png
    Alright. I’m doing all that, just making sure I wasn’t missing something I guess

I have not kept up on my SP3 runs to get Graf Spee.

Decided to do a 10-pull on Heavy Construction.

FREAKING HOOOD at #8.

Happy surprise at #10.

My day is saved.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Since I need some levels for chapter 3, is it worth farming for Rodney and Nelson?

edited February 2019
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Since I need some levels for chapter 3, is it worth farming for Rodney and Nelson?

they are solid battleships with a decent barrage (although low proc chance) who are kept in the game by Queen Elizabeth being an incredibly strong buff unit to all HMS ships, but eventually you will phase them out because the power creep in Battleships is real

that being said, if you're just starting out, they're going to perform better than a lot of your current options. I don't know that i would specifically try to "farm" them though since it's more likely you'll accidentally build one or both of them in the process of doing daily builds for Hood or other superstars, or they will drop in the process of you grinding xp

Orphane on
    I still need to grind out Renown and Hornet.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Also, is it worth leveling Elizabeth’s skill to buff HMS units?

It seems like it could be solid with Leander and other cruisers as well as HMS backline units. On the other hand I’ve seen things like that turn out to be huge newb traps.

edited February 2019
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Also, is it worth leveling Elizabeth’s skill to buff HMS units?

It seems like it could be solid with Leander and other cruisers as well as HMS backline units. On the other hand I’ve seen things like that turn out to be huge newb traps.

QE's skill is basically the anchor for all HMS fleets because while she's fairly unremarkable otherwise, a 15% buff to all relevant stats to herself and 5 other HMS ships is statistically amazing, esp since HMS has strong Battleships (although we don't have all of them yet), decent carriers, and a fairly well balanced frontline selection. Not only is it an offensive buff in buffing both aviation/firepower/torpedo and reload, it shores up defense by increasing evasion and AA.

Oh, and did I mention it stacks with other support buffs since it's not considered one of the generic "command" support skills?

Orphane on
    Ugh I've built 3 Belfasts amongst other rares but no Chang Chun

urquanlord88.png
    Fun fact there are so few SSRs in light construction their individual drop % is higher then getting a specific elite.

steam_sig.png