As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So maybe a dumb question, but are not SRs straight up better than Elites of the same class and in turn Elites better than Rares? Or is there room for debate amongst ships of the same class?

I’ve been using all the SRs I get.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    So maybe a dumb question, but are not SRs straight up better than Elites of the same class and in turn Elites better than Rares? Or is there room for debate amongst ships of the same class?

Even commons can be useful. I think their abilities, level, and equipment matter more than their rarity.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Rarity is more of a loose guide than an absolute indicator - just look at Our Memelord And Savior, San Diego for the ultimate proof. You'll want to rely more on how your ships' stats, equipment and abilities contribute to your fleet composition.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    What is the deal with the Sandy Cult, anyway? Never quite got it.

San Diego is Numbah Wan!

The joke is, from what I understand, that she is SR, but seemingly more common than Commons.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Yep. She's an SSR but you can pull her from all three standard banners (Light, Heavy and Special Construction). Statwise she's overkill on Anti-Air and mediocre in everything else, not even having the secondary DD gun slot that is a signature of almost all other Eagle Union cruisers (a trait she shares only with the Omahas and her own sisters Atlanta and Juneau).

You also can't discount the fun factor. This dumb-as-a-brick AA cruiser somehow merited being the first SSR to get a retrofit and become the second Legendary-rarity ship in the game behind Bismarck.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Leander is a common cruiser that is more useful than some super rares once you get her retrofitted

Finally getting the 2nd floor for the dorm, those 500 gems have been gathering dust for a while now

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    The Atlanta class cruisers like Sandy can and should equip DD guns since those get good damage modifiers and the faster firing rate means more barrages. This helps make up for them not being gunboats like most Eagle Union ships

Rarity is a good indicator of base stats but a good skill can be a game changer. Also the higher a ships rarity the more they cost quick look at the Dockyard page shows higher rarity cost more to limit break, retrofit, raising their level cap(when it comes to EN), and will take a little bit more oil per fight.

steam_sig.png
    Going by the raw numbers, apparently the 5* Twin 127mm Mk12, a DD gun, beats out comparable-tier CL gun in DPS. It's a good one. I've got one on Laffey V and she gets consistent MVP over my Ayanami (admittedly underleveled and not yet retro'd).

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Personally I am a fan of the Twin 100m it only really suffers DPS wise when compared to the Twin 127mm with heavy armor which is rare for PVE, will proc barrages faster and doesn't have the slower bullet travel time of HE guns so less enemy ship girls moving out of the way. I don't have the chart anymore but Ayanami get's like over 90% of her damage from torpedoes and her Demon Dance skill. Single 76mm is her best gun cause it has the fastest firing rate for more chances to proc her torpedo buffing skill. If you play on manual and point blank enemies with torpedoes and barrages she will dominate the post battle damage chart with auto play your got to hope the game doesn't wiff on the torpedoes but once we get homing torpedoes auto play will be a lot nice to torpedo boats.

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2018
    Oh yeah, my Aya's got the lightspeed peashooter, gold 610mm quadtorps and the T93 Oxytorp. I just don't take as many opportunities to facetorp enemies until I hit the boss so Laffey's constant gun output (and higher level) put her as MVP four battles out of five.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    mostly once Ayanami procs Supernatural she gets obscene damage from torpedos

this is in PVP so the numbers are skewed a bit but

unknown.png?width=594&height=568

is the result of Ayanami getting 5k torpedo crits on the enemy backline

Enterprise still beat her but it's Enterprise so that's to be expected

Also: regarding the rarity of ships: Azur Lane up to the current content we have now excluding EX event stages is not a terribly difficult game - it's possible to beat stages with commons and rare quality ships. That being said, Elites and SRs are just likely to have better skills/more skills in general and have higher baseline stats, although there are still some SRs that are underperformers. Retrofits do also address the disparity somewhat by giving lower rarity ships a shot at filling out their kits and getting the stat boosts they need to compete (Portland post-retrofit, for example, is widely regarded as one of the strongest CAs once it actually comes out, though she might be a bit of an outlier).

SR Ships like Hood, Enterprise, Washington are consistently top performers due to invaluable skills or strong stats overall.

Heh, luck is funny sometimes. I was looking at my collection this morning and saw the only ship I didn't have yet was Houshou. I decided to work on 7-4 this morning, since that's my next stage to complete, and what does the second battle drop? Houshou.

More common retrofits coming - Crescent confirmed, Comet likely to follow.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Higher rarity ships also cost more fuel, so there's that when trying to farm efficiently.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    Maint has started. Got spooked 'cuz the subreddit was tallying up their Nep draws like the event was supposed to be over.

Reading the Discord news, it almost was over. But we got another day! So uh, get to spendin' those cubes when the servers come back up.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    All I am missing is Black Heart... so close.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
    Well thanks to this extra day I was able to finally get a pixel fighter skin and complete a set.

steam_sig.png
    Doesn't look like I'm going to get a Green Heart. Got the others, and Noire, though I'm not as concerned about the elites as the SSRs. Just spent my last 10 cubes and got 3 Suffolks, 1 Kent, and 1 North Hampton, all of which I've fully level broken.

edited December 2018
    Green Heart is my last one.

Funny thing, I've got plenty of cubes. It's the gold I'm out of!

EDIT: Oh, does anyone know what this month's Login Rewards are for CN and JP?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Once you pick clean the heavy and special constructions and start doing light construction for daily and weekly missions the cubes just start piling up. By the time the next event starts I'll probably need like 300k gold to use up all my cubes.

steam_sig.png
    Lucky Lou is arriving at maint next week!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    I hope they added the Porter at some point. The ship's story itself is like something out of McHale's Navy.

I have been told the loading screen ship girl is supposed to be the Porter.

If you go to the Collection screen, the same Fletcher shows up for a split second as the placeholder sprite. Willie Dee is a silly girl!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ianator wrote: »
    Lucky Lou is arriving at maint next week!

The FB post and tweet are saying she is going in the construction pool so no world 10 yet.

steam_sig.png
    I'm not in any rush. Only cleared 7-2 earlier today. Sad to see my USS CA fleet can't keep up anymore, though my HMS CL squad is acquitting itself.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Goodbye Neppers, and may you bless us again one day with Another Dimension MkII.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    They announced Tripitz a couple hours ago so next event is Opposite-Colored. Hope you have saving your Iron Blood equipment boxes so you can pull lots of new gear right away once they get added in.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2018
    Available after the patch update on 12/13.

Well hope you still got some cubes and gold for Graf Zeppelin, Z46, and Admiral Hipper too. This is like a week earlier then I was expecting.

Edit: And torpedo upgrade plates.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Been sitting on 30 gold IB boxes for a while so this is good news

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg

Is there any reason to not open them and rank em up?

Is there any reason to not open them and rank em up?

Currently the Ironblood faction's most desired equipment, Magnetic Torpedoes, aren't currently in their drop pool. They will be once Opposite-Colored drops. Hence, saving the boxes until you can get the good stuff.

I guess you could open the T3 ones now if you want some of the other neat things they currently have - the 203mm SK C/34 is one of the better CA guns.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    the difference between manual and auto Ayanami is.....considerable

esp when you shotgun two bosses with her 4-torp spread

t5bwsasds4d2.png

Definitely looking forward to Jintsuu and her retrofit which should take Ayanami's torp dmg to absurd levels

Orphane on
    Huh. They deleted the Tirpitz announcement from Twitter. Probably put it up by mistake before announcing the event.

Also, Kamen Rider Ryuujou. Is this JP's monthly login reward?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    The official word on Discord is that there was an error in the Tripitz post so it was deleted and will be reposted later with the correction. They are not saying what the error was but everyone assumes it had the wrong date. More time to stock up I suppose.

steam_sig.png
    And today's announcement is Graf Zeppelin coming out on uhh 12/13 so we are back to where we started unless they delete this one later tonight too.

steam_sig.png
    So Ryujo's coming from an event but it's getting pushed back in favor of Graf. Spee rerun. Meanwhile, they still haven't actually announced Opposite-Colored for EN.

(also I did not log in at all yesterday, Torchlight Frontiers so good even in alpha)

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ianator wrote: »
    So Ryujo's coming from an event but it's getting pushed back in favor of Graf. Spee rerun. Meanwhile, they still haven't actually announced Opposite-Colored for EN.

(also I did not log in at all yesterday, Torchlight Frontiers so good even in alpha)

Ask and you shall receive.

Guess we are calling it Divergent Chessboard in EN.

steam_sig.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    In the process of still learning the game--I've been trying to retrofit CV Ranger, since I actually have carrier upgrade kits--upon which I noticed I hit a brick wall. The fifth column upgrade "Bombing" is locked, with no indication of how to unlock it. I have the necessarily materials. "Tactical" in column for at least says I need to get her to lvl 55, but am I missing something for the other upgrades?

Synthesis on
    edited December 2018
    Synthesis wrote: »
    In the process of still learning the game--I've been trying to retrofit CV Ranger, since I actually have carrier upgrade kits--upon which I noticed I hit a brick wall. The fifth column upgrade "Bombing" is locked, with no indication of how to unlock it. I have the necessarily materials. "Tactical" in column for at least says I need to get her to lvl 55, but am I missing something for the other upgrades?

You need to unlock Tactical first before Bombing.

edit- If you look close you'll see little lines running from Hull and Tactical to Bombing.

Axen on