As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    Had enough coins and cubes for twenty-one more rolls.

No Washington. :(

Man, I must be crazy lucky so far. I've been reading a lot of people complain about spending a ridiculous amount of cubes and not getting all of the event ships, but I got all of them from the previous 2 events, even having just started playing the game during the first and not having many cubes or coins at all, and all of them from this event without barely trying. Maybe that's the secret. ;) I've been doing only 3 builds per day most days, but would do a few more if I was full on money, and I still have 47 cubes. It makes me worry that my luck is going to run out soon and I won't be able to get them.

Fake edit: Actually, remembering back, I didn't get all of them for the first event I did. I got Prince of Wales and Vampire, but not Atago, but I barely did any building on that one.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I was lucky to get an early Zuikaku draw in Visitors. I did fail to get Akatsuki but she's a stage drop anyways.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I'm still short North Carolina and Washington, don't know if I'll manage to gather enough of either resource to get them. At least I've got all the other ships, including multiple Minneapolis and Takao.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    And that, as they say, is that.

Maint has come and gone. Fallen Wings has left us; in its place, Main Story Chapter 9 and the Tea Party event.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Events/Tea_Time#Japanese Server

List of how to get the puzzle pieces for the Tea Party event. For the ones that come from specific maps you have to beat X number of enemy fleets and it will appear on the map like a ? space. So don't be like me and try to clear world 2-4 5 times.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Christ, full clearing stages on World 9 is no joke.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    I just four-starred World 6 this week. Debating whether I want to push onward or stop and do the Dog Farm. (And the Fox Farms since I haven't yet.)

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Did some light constructions since I had to blow some gold and got Unicorn and Ping Hai. Who were #1 and #2 on my still need to "pull those" list.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Weird, the current Tea Party and Witches' Night events seem to be doubling up. Two stages per day, each. I've already got my cage and carriage.

My time at the 2nd Division Rabbit Farm has been less productive. I'm on my fourth Hiryuu with no Souryuu.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    So you gotta get all the puzzle pieces AND then solve it. Almost didn't because I'm not a fan of those sliding puzzles, but it wasn't so bad.

My dorm is absolutely horrendous now...
    rewv42uaiyar.png

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I keep accidentally spending gems, which is annoying. I'm trying to save up for unlocking my 5th dorm slot, which I probably would have by now, but I keep accidentally spending them.

• Options
    Yeah I didn't realize you had to actually solve the puzzle at the end. Was really confused and thought my game bugged.

• Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't realize you had to actually solve the puzzle at the end. Was really confused and thought my game bugged.

I kept trying to drag pieces around until I realized it was a sliding puzzle. I used to hate those, but the number of games that have forced me to do them over the years have got me halfway decent at them. I still don't particularly like them, but can solve them without too much headache.

• Options
    Just wait till we get the memory matching games and you think you got a good time and see someone on Reddit did it in like 20 seconds.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    4 SSR limited constructions is gonna be painful

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Aaand we're live!

...I shouldn't have done that last 10-pull at the end of Fallen Wings.

EDIT: OP updated. The community Discord's been a good source of info for the events abroad, specifically the Utawarerumono collab. Hope you enjoy it as much as we'll enjoy the Neps!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Reminder Fallen Wings meal shop and the Tea Party end today. Only Purple Heart, White Heart, and Blanc have boosted rates right now half way through the event it change to boosted rates for Black Heart, Green Heart, and the tsundere loner.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Tsundere Loner is best ship(girl).

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Looks like there was some troubles if you tried to buy either of the Lucky Bags? Those affected are getting some Cubes and APOLOGEMS plus everyone's getting some Coins and drills.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Downes Retrofit is on the way. I anticipate Cassin won't be far behind.

I wonder if Oklahoma (and Nevada) aren't coming soon as well.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I finally got a Purple Heart this morning, so I guess I'm good on the first round of SSRs for this event. I have a ton of cubes but am constantly out of money due to buying weapon skin boxes.

• Options
    Same thing for me. I've pulled a Purple Heart and two of Blanc but no White Heart yet.

Also running out of dock space (too many Bulins!) and the main story worlds are getting harder to clear.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i got all 4 of the Heart girls so now i can cruise on crafting

they don't seem...incredible or anything compared to the high performers of AL so they're probably going to just be commission fodder

i feel like these event schedules are kinda tight and you don't have that much time to accumulate resources for the next event. i get we're playing catch-up and all but it feels like people who haven't been playing from the beginning are probably constantly pinched for cubes and coins. maybe the next event will be more chill on the crafting front.

P.S. Laffey and Ayanami retrofits are real good. Vanquish Mode and Demon Dance are hella strong assuming you're playing manual and/or your auto doesn't have them squatting at the bottom of the screen when they proc

• Options
    Same thing for me. I've pulled a Purple Heart and two of Blanc but no White Heart yet.

Also running out of dock space (too many Bulins!) and the main story worlds are getting harder to clear.

I've been out of dock space for months now, but that's because I have to collect them all, including duplicates for limit breaking. I'm slowly leveling them up to 70 so I can only have 1 copy of each, but man, SO MANY CARDS.

• Options

I've been out of dock space for months now, but that's because I have to collect them all, including duplicates for limit breaking. I'm slowly leveling them up to 70 so I can only have 1 copy of each, but man, SO MANY CARDS.

imo you should be aggressively using bulins as long as they're for ships you intend to use in fleets and not like, commission runners - you get a steady supply of purple bulins and as long as you plan ahead you can also have sufficient gold bulins. i also tend to retire dupes if they're ships i'm only using to run commissions with since it's not like i'm going to use them for anything else and therefore they don't need limit breaks (unless they're in a collection set or i'm leveling them via the 8/10 hr commission that actually gives loads of xp)

i also have to admit to being guilty of retiring purple bulins because i just have too many of them and no use for them currently

• Options
    I have I think currently 4 purple and 2 gold bulins, so I'm not drowning in them at the moment. It's all of the duplicate cards that fill me up, but I'm fine with having to enhance after each stage for the moment. I don't know if they'll add more ships to the collections, but I'll be ready when they do.

• Options
    if you are constantly scrapping dupes of someone then there is no point saving 2 copies for when she gets another 30 or so levels especially if you got a bunch of Bulins that you don't know what to do with. Next major event is not till around Christmas not a bad idea to start saving Iron Blood equipment boxes just in case it is the Opposite-Colored event which would add magnetic homing torpedoes and some other stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yay I finally cleared SP-4!

Boo I can't even attempt the EX stage because I can't build a decent fleet with an average level of 90

Oh yeah, Cassin Retrofit also confirmed.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I have I think currently 4 purple and 2 gold bulins, so I'm not drowning in them at the moment. It's all of the duplicate cards that fill me up, but I'm fine with having to enhance after each stage for the moment. I don't know if they'll add more ships to the collections, but I'll be ready when they do.

i wouldn't hold dupes for grey ships unless you are planning on leveling and using them right this instant tbh

you will get many of them all the time. If you're holding onto dupes of blue and up ships then that's fine, but also just keep in mind there are many ships that you will probably end up benching in time and therefore you might want to weigh keeping those vs the annoyance of having little to no dock space.

• Options
    Dorm 2nd Floor coming soon as "leaked" on Discord.

Also, World 7 is kicking my ass. So many fireboats.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »

i wouldn't hold dupes for grey ships unless you are planning on leveling and using them right this instant tbh

you will get many of them all the time. If you're holding onto dupes of blue and up ships then that's fine, but also just keep in mind there are many ships that you will probably end up benching in time and therefore you might want to weigh keeping those vs the annoyance of having little to no dock space.

For the commons, I keep 2 of the ones I don't see super often and 1 of the ones I do if I'm hurting for space, unless it's for a ship that I have in the dorm at 60+. I don't run stages that often per day, unless an event requires it, so the space issue isn't a huge deal for me at the moment. Thanks for the advice, though. :)

Boo I can't even attempt the EX stage because I can't build a decent fleet with an average level of 90

I was able to get a fleet together that beat all of the recommendations for EX 1 but still ended up having to retreat using Auto. I might give it a shot doing manual, but it's not easy. I think even all 100's would have to be careful.

• Options

I was able to get a fleet together that beat all of the recommendations for EX 1 but still ended up having to retreat using Auto. I might give it a shot doing manual, but it's not easy. I think even all 100's would have to be careful.

So I just tried EX with manual and it went much better, until the boss. I was able to clear the whole board and went into the boss battle with my main fleet barely damaged, but I wasn't able to get to the boss before losing 2 of my backline (including the flagship). I used my one free heal on the flagship and tried again, but the backline was wiped again before getting to the actual boss. I think you're going to want a really tanky fleet for that, and I just don't know if I have it.

• Options
    EX bosses are definitely best encountered with full lvl 100 fleets and all the enhanced gear you can muster

for this specific fight you probably want a triple light cruiser frontline. you can maybe fit in 1 retrofit destroyer or a heavy cruiser but you really need the survivability light cruisers have vs the bosses even when doing your best on manual to dodge their attacks because both of them have a roided out version of the tracking barrage the one Siren unit from Fallen Wings had. As always, the Beaver Squad emblem is going to be a must for your boss-fighting team because you need that movespeed for extra control.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    So I finally got all four of the girls and two of the Hearts.

Noire shall likely remain my secretary ship for the foreseeable future.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    No reward for 3-starring the EX map so no reason going for a full board clear all your doing is taking more damage on your boss fleet and giving up the 10% damage buff. My EX boss kill fleet was Wichita, Laffey, Helena, Hood, Akagi, Kaga. Replacing Wichita with a tankier Heavy Cruiser like Portland or Minneapolis would of made it easier, definitely give the Beaver Squad emblem to your Heavy Cruiser since that will more then double their evasion. Vanguard fleet's job was staying alive and let Helena's skill do it's thing. Main fleet did pretty much all the damage I made sure Akagi had the faster takeoff time so by the time I damage them enough to stun them Kaga's IJN Torpedo Bombers come in and land like all their shots. The fight becomes a lot easier once you take out one of the bosses.

Patch notes for December 5th include the already mentioned Cassin and Downes remodels, Second Floor for the dorms, World 6 Hard Mode, Secretary missions for Shiranui and Concord, Z23-Sensei mini event.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    why do I like updating the OP so much

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I just tried EX again. My boss fleet was the strongest ships I have: Long Island Variant (100), Saratoga (100), Prince of Wales (100), Belfast (100, with Beaver medallion), Vampire (100, with rainbow oxytorp), and Prinz Eugen (99). They all had mostly gold equipment enhanced around 75%. Used Fleet 2 to get the boss to appear, then went for it with fleet 1, it being their first battle.

Backline still got wiped before the boss even appeared. Vanguard was in pretty good shape, though. Ah well.

• Options
    Is your backline getting bombed by the suicide boats? Prince of Wales and Long Island V are consistently low on the tier charts, plus carriers don't have Heavy Armor which means big damage from the bomb boats. You may want to bring Nelson and Rodney up to speed as their Heavy Armor, aux CL guns and Big Seven barrages are top-tier as a final line of defense. Those two with Queen E at the center are my main fleet comp for the Maritime Attack dailies. (Not that it's an easy thing to work towards on such short notice...)

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Is your backline getting bombed by the suicide boats? Prince of Wales and Long Island V are consistently low on the tier charts, plus carriers don't have Heavy Armor which means big damage from the bomb boats. You may want to bring Nelson and Rodney up to speed as their Heavy Armor, aux CL guns and Big Seven barrages are top-tier as a final line of defense. Those two with Queen E at the center are my main fleet comp for the Maritime Attack dailies. (Not that it's an easy thing to work towards on such short notice...)

I don't know what really happened since there was so much going on. I do know the carriers went down first, followed shortly by PoW.

Yeah, all of those ships of mine are in the low 30's at the moment. One thing I plan to do soon is really start going through potential fleet builds. So far I've been able to brute force most things with just levels and equipment, but that is already starting to run out. I did manage to unlock the 5th dorm slot this morning, so that should help a bit. My main focus has been fully limit-breaking ships, since that scratches my collect-a-thon itch.