As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    And I'm barely 1.5m EXP into my third ship...

On the plus side, I had a far easier time with the once-a-day EX stage this time than I did with the Kizuna Ai event. And I'm gonna need it because there aren't 3x Point Drops like there are on non-collab events.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    On one hand the team building requirements are easier cause it is just using a faction's main fleet or vanguard fleet but on the other hand there are rainbow rarity ships that are even more expensive to unlock and upgrade.

steam_sig.png
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    can't decide if i want to get Friedrich or Seattle first

on the one hand Friedrich seems absolutely insane but Seattle also seems excellent and is a mega qt

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Yeah I've only unlocked half of PR1 so PR2 is gonna be ugh.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Patchnotes!

- Operation: Christmas! event for Ooshio's "The Reindeer's Present" skin
    - Hatsuharu and Ariake permanently added to Light Construction
    - Christmas Skins, plus Hatsuharu's new "Snow of the Early Spring" at 10% off for a week
    - Ajax and Hammann secretary quests
    - End of the Hololive event! Have you crafted your trophy yet?
    - Gun mechanics patch! Apparently vanguard ships' firing animations would affect the fire rate of their guns. In particular, Sandy Retro, Seattle and Kitakaze suffer significant drops in DPS from it.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Well, I've done a very lackluster job at the Hololive event, though I did get a surprising number of the unique ships from drops/building. If I already have the SR ship from the event store, what would be the best use of the event currency?

Furniture and unique gear if you fight to collect everything, gold cat boxes, PR blueprints, purple plates, gold equipment boxes if you need gold items and are feeling lucky.

steam_sig.png
    After getting Fubuki like 10 times I gave up on getting Aqua. Did a literally last second roll and saw the 20 minute timer right before the server went.

steam_sig.png
    Aqua was the last one I had to pull, got her like three days before the end. Also got a second during my last 10-pull early yesterday morning.

What I didn't get was a Miobubs (Dive Bomber) weapon skin. Seriously, I wish they hadn't separated plane skins by plane type because it gets frustrating trying to get a full matched set on one ship.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I didn't get all of the event ships, but I have no idea what Hololive is, so I wasn't particularly interested in trying. I just did 3 pulls per day for the tnt points.

Now, if they do a Love Live! crossover, I'm going to be in trouble.

edited December 2019
    Sounds like there was a mistake after the update in which the Light Construction banner was identical to the JP version which displayed Sirius, Swiftsure and Southampton. If you did any Light builds between patches you'll probably get a refund, plus everybody's getting Apologems and more regardless.

The allure of Torpedo Bulge Sword Maid is compelling indeed.

EDIT: Also, Chapter 13 and Chapter 9 Hard are inbound. Y'all ready for Bunker Hill?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Heads up, tomorrow will be the last day you can redeem rewards from the Hololive event's HQ Blasting and Port Terminal banners as well as the TNT Point Exchange.

Meanwhile I'm still only 56% into Neptune's second EXP dump, though I did finally get three stars on 10-1!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List

Tonight's patchnotes:
    - Two minor Christmas events
    - Challenge Mode, Season 3
    - PR2, at long last!
    - Christmaskins.
    - "Fairytale Town" and "Christmas Town" dorm sets.
    - Laffey oath skin!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Welcome back.

Real talk: the holiday Gacha Thread made me wonder if AL was the right game to get invested in, that I probably should've given Girls Frontline a shot when the VA11 HALL-A collab was running.

And then I updated the OP. Seriously, this event is pretty fun so far even if my first thirty pulls have yielded all of three Suruga (and an Illustrious).

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    I do like the character designs for this event.

But I also got into the CBT for Arknights so splitting time.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    Last day for Swirling Cherry Blossoms, plus patchnotes for the update in 21-and-a-half hours.

How'd you do? I got eight Suruga. I didn't pull Kasumi until two days ago but I *think* I have enough time to get her to 70 before the chat frame event ends. Still gonna run 400 Training Points' worth of missions just in case though.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited January 2020
    Ianator wrote: »
    Last day for Swirling Cherry Blossoms, plus patchnotes for the update in 21-and-a-half hours.

How'd you do? I got eight Suruga. I didn't pull Kasumi until two days ago but I *think* I have enough time to get her to 70 before the chat frame event ends. Still gonna run 400 Training Points' worth of missions just in case though.

Wow, and I was annoyed I never got Ryuuhou (who I wanted most purely based on design). I got two Suruga, Kasumi and Noshiro in ~100 cubes worth of builds (I still have 156 cubes left, but I'm pretty much spent for gold). :bigfrown: Kinu I cnan get through the store, but darn it, I wanted Ryuuhou! Arg!

Used the New Years invitation to pick Zuikaku to join Shoukaku (I missed red sister in the original event, and haven't taken advantage of the "playback" thing that was added). Wish getting Akagi to go with my two Kagas was so easy.

Synthesis on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I've mostly been doing 3 pulls a day. I got 2 Kasumi's (1 on the first day), 1 Kinu, and I did 1 10 pull when I decided I wanted Suruga and lucked into her on that. I've found that not personally caring what I get gives me the best luck. :lol:

3 (sometimes 4) builds a day, with more towards the end. I just got a second Kasumi.

On the bright side, I have a lot of time to think about what to buy from the store. Especially since I don't need to spend 8000 on Noshiro.

Got all the ships and finished the chat portrait yesterday. Also finished the Seattle grind and am 7% into the 2.4m exp grind for FDG.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2020
    I'm terrible at those grinds. I'm still only 40% into the last XP grind for Roon and don't even particularly need her since I got Z46.

Synthesis on
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I'm terrible at those grinds. I'm still only 40% into the last XP grind for Roon and don't even particularly need her since I got Z46.

I got Monarch, who I'm on the last step of blueprints with, and am like 20% through the first XP grind for Roon. All I really do these days is the daily stuff.

I just put 3 Eagle Union vanguard ships in all my fleets and got Seattle on the 31st. And doing all the daily stuff and a bit of D3 grinding on the side with 3 Iron Blood main fleet ships already got me 1/3rd of the way to FDG in 8 days.

steam_sig.png

Roon is...on a whole nother level compared to z46

Orphane wrote: »

I mean, probably, it's just that I had a big gap in the Iron Blood Vanguard at the time, with Hipper as the most obvious fill.

By the time I actually get Roon, she still won't matter. Because I'm terrible at the grind.

On the last day of the event store, is it a safe bet to spend the currency on Special General Blueprints? I only have one of either, apparently, and I obtained both ships just through the builds.

edited January 2020
    Yes, PR Blueprints are a good spend for event points. That said, I do think the current exchange has just PR2 prints which means Seattle, Georgia, Kitakaze and Gascogne for the non-rainbow ones.

Also, CN/JP seem to be getting Royal Maids Battle Royale Rerun Season 2 next week. Think EN's gonna tag along?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Roon isn't going to be irrelevant anytime soon, she is one of the best heavy cruisers in the game. If you don't have anyone to grind for Roon then switch to another PR ship while you level Leipzig and someone from the Konigsberg class.

steam_sig.png
    Orphane wrote: »

I mean, probably, it's just that I had a big gap in the Iron Blood Vanguard at the time, with Hipper as the most obvious fill.

By the time I actually get Roon, she still won't matter. Because I'm terrible at the grind.

On the last day of the event store, is it a safe bet to spend the currency on Special General Blueprints? I only have one of either, apparently, and I obtained both ships just through the builds.

Thanks for the reminder. I almost forgot to spend mine. I actually did forget for the last event.

Haha, oh man. I almost feel trolled by the game. I finally got enough blueprints to finish limit breaking Monarch and thought "whew, that was a lot of blueprints, but it's finally done". But then, nope, Fate Simulation. The blueprint grind is real.

But once you do that her heal skill will last for 10 seconds instead of 8.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    But once you do that her heal skill will last for 10 seconds instead of 8.

Well, in that case.....

For some ships Fate simulation is huge or at least a decent buff. Then there is Monarch.

steam_sig.png
    Patchnotes

- Main Story: Chapter 13 and Chapter 9 Hard arriving
    - Airspace Control mechanics
    - 3x Core Data campaign (17th through 26th)
    - New Ships: Dewey, Bunker Hill (Ch13 drops)
    - New Retrofit: Hermes (Card games on motorcycles on the ocean!)
    - Agano's "Dating Game?" and Dewey's "A Christmas Thank-You" available 1/16 through 1/30
    - Dawning Ceremony ending tonight. Last call to get your event ships (Suruga, Ryuuhou, Noshiro, Hibiki, Kasumi and Kinu) to max LB!

In addition, Curacoa and Curlew retrofits have been announced for next update. Sounds like either Winter's Crown Rerun or Royal Maids Battle Royale S2 to me!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Today's announcement was Newcastle so it's Maids Bate Royale. Which is a pretty good way to grind PR exp and farm purple upgrade plates.

steam_sig.png
    Maids and qipao... Name me an odder couple that just works.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    I mean i would say fate sim is still worth it just because getting 15 luck as opposed to 0 is still helpful

But yes the skill upgrades are varying degrees of usefulness

I can't believe I edited a post in the Steam thread instead of this one.

Fletcher number seventeen, Halsey Powell inbound.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    I can't believe I edited a post in the Steam thread instead of this one.

Fletcher number seventeen, Halsey Powell inbound.

I wondered why you posted that random link in there. Figured you were just happy to share.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    I think we all know where this is going.

Yongshi and Manjuu present: Fletchermon! Catch all 175 Fletcher-class Destroyers! Coming Spring 2038.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Aaand we're live.

Hell yeah gimme that raid boss music

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List