As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I knew from the moment I saw Dido clutching that little hand-maid (see what I did there?) doll of her sister Sirius I was going to like her. I assume everyone gets her whenever the community fills the progress bar or what?

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Dido is in the light construction builds.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Yep. Newcastle's the Maid Battle reward at 24k points.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    The gacha gods smiled on me for this event. I think I spent 80 cubes and got 1 Dido, 2 Gloucesters, and 1 Halsey Powell. I'll do the 3 a day to see if I get a Biloxi and then maybe do more at the end, but I'm currently sitting on 429 cubes, which feels kinda strange.

• Options
    Finished FDG and I am already 10% into the first exp grind for Azuma.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm going to actually start taking Roon Grinding seriously by dropping my various junk Iron Blood light cruisers into the 10-hour XP grinding commissions twice a day.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I've got one each of Dido, Biloxi and Halsey Powell in 26 draws.

Oh, and don't spend all your cubes here - Polaris is inbound very soon.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I already have a Cleveland?

• Options
    So far I've only gotten Gloucester in about...12 cubes of drawing? Maybe 16?

That doesn't bode well. At least they're one cube each.

• Options
    The five Polaris band members are all variant ships (like BB Kaga and the smol botes).

Akagi μ, bass guitar
    Cleveland μ, drums
    Sheffield μ, keyboard
    Admiral Hipper μ, 5-string guitar
    Gascogne μ, lead vocal

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I already have a Cleveland?

Now you can make a fleet with just Clevelands.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I'm going to actually start taking Roon Grinding seriously by dropping my various junk Iron Blood light cruisers into the 10-hour XP grinding commissions twice a day.

I'm pretty sure only actual sortie xp counts, the xp commission does not count towards the xp missions for PR ships

• Options
    I should probably have FdG as my current dev because I'm using an Ironblood DD squad in the Maid battles.

Also need to invest more into Sakura DDs and/or pick up on the Jintsuu farm so I can get Kitakaze.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

I'm pretty sure only actual sortie xp counts, the xp commission does not count towards the xp missions for PR ships

Yeah but if Leipzig have only been doing commissions then you probably need to put some levels on them to get them up to the content you are actually doing.
    Ianator wrote: »
    I should probably have FdG as my current dev because I'm using an Ironblood DD squad in the Maid battles.

Also need to invest more into Sakura DDs and/or pick up on the Jintsuu farm so I can get Kitakaze.

Rather then DDs invest in Yuubari and Sakura Cruisers before doing Kitakaze, Azuma, or Ibuki. That 15% exp gained by cruisers skill is no joke.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Rather then DDs invest in Yuubari and Sakura Cruisers before doing Kitakaze, Azuma, or Ibuki. That 15% exp gained by cruisers skill is no joke.

...I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options

Tonight's patchnotes:
    - Lantern Festival quiz event
    - Southampton and Kiyonami permanently added to Light Construction
    - Acasta skin
    - End of Lunar New Year. Events concluding, skins and lucky bags leaving the shop.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Guess I better use these 35 maid tickets later tonight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I got to 24k in the maid event for newcastle and just stopped

Something about AL's UI really annoys me when it comes to spamming battles for an event like this

Probably because of all the submenus i have to click through for a single battle when i'd rather the game lock in a fleet comp until told otherwise by me and actually have 1 click of the event button be 1 battle
    I also had to roll 200+ cubes to get Gloucester which is a rare case of RNG screw for me

Anyways it looks like the muse ships are a subunit of their own and not that great outside of it

• Options
    I got to 24k in the maid event for newcastle and just stopped

Something about AL's UI really annoys me when it comes to spamming battles for an event like this

Probably because of all the submenus i have to click through for a single battle when i'd rather the game lock in a fleet comp until told otherwise by me and actually have 1 click of the event button be 1 battle
    I also had to roll 200+ cubes to get Gloucester which is a rare case of RNG screw for me

Anyways it looks like the muse ships are a subunit of their own and not that great outside of it

Hah, of the event ships other than a second Dido, the only duplicates I've gotten are a bunch of Gloucesters. I've started retiring them at this point, and I've mostly just been doing 3 ships a day.

And I mispoke earlier, I only spent 40 cubes on 10 pulls with this event. I was thinking they were 2 cubes each, but they're lights.

• Options
    I too stopped doing the maid battles at exactly 24,000.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I just wanted to interrupt the discussion and say that my PS4 game is shipping from Limited Run Games.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Oh boy, looks like Northern Parliament might finally be getting some love for the next event.

(I hear things are happening in World of Warships that are getting joked about in the AL subreddit.)

Also, Javelin's "Midnight Pillow Fight!" skin is coming with the first print run of the anime's third volume.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Oooh, the PC version is now live. I don't know why I didn't think that there would be DLC for this....

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1150080/Azur_Lane_Crosswave/

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I don't follow PSN Trophies, so if I was going to grab this, it'd probably be on my PC (even though I do prefer physical copies, I'd have a better choice of game controller).

That being said, probably going to wait until it's substantially discounted on Steam, or CDKeys or Fanatic or whatever, rather than the pre-order bonus. It does sound very much like a game for the current fanbase, which is important, but perhaps not so capable on its own.

• Options
    So I had like 100k coins and almost 50 of those daily subscription mails in my inbox saved up for this event. First 10x pull gave me everyone but Cleveland with a bonus Hood and Belfast. Second 10x pull got Cleveland, a dupe Akagi, and Takao. Once I burn enough oil to let me open all the mail I'll have more cubes then I started with.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    40 pulls got me three Hipper, two Akagi and two Cleveland. Hoping Gascogne doesn't evade me for long.

Will update the OP tonight.

EDIT: Also, don't forget to set your Valentine's secretary tonight!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    i only did 20 builds because i don't really care about these ships other than for collection
    got gascogne, hipper, cleveland, so i figure i'll just do the daily builds from now on

• Options
    If anybody is interested, Indiegala has Crosswave for a bit less than Steam at $33.59.

https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/azur-lane-crosswave/1150080

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Oh boy, we might be getting back-to-back events! Call to Arms: Northern Front is going live after Thursday maint with EXP bonuses for Phoenix, Portland, South Dakota and Enterprise.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Jokes on you game I already have all of those max LB. But I'll take the bonus exp for the Georgia grind.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Russian ships being announced now on twitter

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Russian ships being announced now on twitter

Yup. On Reddit, about a half-dozen Soviet ships were announced, including (probably unnecessarily spoiled):
    Sovetskaya Rossiya (kind of odd, considering she was the third hull laid down, and the lead ship was much more completed, so maybe they're setting up one or more of the other hulls later), Chapayev, Pamiat Merkuria, Grozny and of course Gangut.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Their servers seem to be struggling after the update, so maybe some apologems in our future? I was able to do a 10 pull and got Sovetskaya Rossiya and Grozny, so that was nice.

Edit: Haha, yep. 100 apologems.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Solomon Ranger rerun after Northern Overture ends. Get yer Ryuujou!

Hm. Which torpedo skin should Laffey use, the wine bottle or the vodka bottle?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Hm. Which torpedo skin should Laffey use, the wine bottle or the vodka bottle?

Yes.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    One good point about Daylight Savings Time: an extra hour to complete the event. Got the trophy about fifteen minutes ago, not gonna bother with the SP stage.

Will probably give the Ryuujou campaign a token 3* full clear but I already earned her before so no way am I doing the 50? 60? runs this time.

EDIT: And then I forget maint is tonight and lose out on two Wisdom Cube commissions.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Yostar doesn't adjust the schedule for DST so we actually lost a hour since the 8th was only 23 hours long.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    First off, that Anavel Gato reference is *chef kiss*

As usual, I failed to realize yesterday was the last day of the event (and the event building list). Whoops. Fortunately, after Minsk I managed to have all six ships (and already had Aurora, who I limit broke over the event), so I was much more fortunate than with past events. I'll be using quite a few Bullins to level everyone up, and I'm disappointed I don't have enough event currency to get the battleship gun blueprints (not enough of them, assuming you need...what? 10? 15?), just the secondary gun. I presume that's what I should be buying with the ~3700 I have left? I need to check.

That being said, I'm left with +300 cubes. Currency wise, I probably could've only done another 20 builds or so, so it's hard to speculate what else I could've gotten. I guess I'm well set for the next build event?

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Glad someone got the reference!

Also, there were seven new Northern Parliament ships (plus Avrora makes eight). Sovetskaya Rossiya, Gangut, Chapayev, Minsk, Grozny, Tashkent and Pamiat' Merkuria.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Glad someone got the reference!

Also, there were seven new Northern Parliament ships (plus Avrora makes eight). Sovetskaya Rossiya, Gangut, Chapayev, Minsk, Grozny, Tashkent and Pamiat' Merkuria.

I counted incorrectly!
    1e2ians00vlb.png