As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    You can dodge them. Level is going to matter and you are probably going to want to change your fleet formation to double line. Bringing ships with a healing skill like Arizona or Unicorn or a defensive skill like Portland will help a lot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Also woo, finally got all three starters to 70+!

Now to begin raising the ultimate torpbote...

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Just got a Minneapolis from building, which was the last of the 4 I was waiting on. I've gotten 2 Washingtons, 2 Marylands, and 1 Colorado and the Minneapolis, just from doing the normal event stages and building 3 to 5 ships per day. Not too shabby. I still have 47 cubes left at the moment, as well.

I'm up to D1 (having cleared and 3 starred everything before that), which I've completed once, but I'm not sure if I'll press on from there. It wasn't too difficult, per se, but something weird is going on with the boss. I don't know if I ran out of time without noticing, but the first battle I was annihilated right as one of my backline ships went down, but I still had the other 5. I used the free daily heal on that ship and did the battle again with the same fleet, getting an S, so I don't know what the hell happened. I'm content with just auto-battling A1 through B3 each day, I think.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Are you sure this isn't Kantai Collection?

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

Preeetty sure. I'm not hearing horror stories about stocking up on steel for months just to overextend during an event and watch my prize bote sink to the depths.
    I don't know if I ran out of time without noticing, but the first battle I was annihilated right as one of my backline ships went down, but I still had the other 5. I used the free daily heal on that ship and did the battle again with the same fleet, getting an S, so I don't know what the hell happened.

Was it the ship in the center of your backline? That's the Flagship position and if it goes down you will lose the battle, regardless of the state of the rest of your fleet. That's also why you were able to reform, since you still had other ships that could take up the position.

Also, Nepneps confirmed for Black Friday!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    PLA wrote: »

Preeetty sure. I'm not hearing horror stories about stocking up on steel for months just to overextend during an event and watch my prize bote sink to the depths.
    I don't know if I ran out of time without noticing, but the first battle I was annihilated right as one of my backline ships went down, but I still had the other 5. I used the free daily heal on that ship and did the battle again with the same fleet, getting an S, so I don't know what the hell happened.

Was it the ship in the center of your backline? That's the Flagship position and if it goes down you will lose the battle, regardless of the state of the rest of your fleet. That's also why you were able to reform, since you still had other ships that could take up the position.

Also, Nepneps confirmed for Black Friday!

Ah, yeah, it was that one. Didn't realize that was a thing. Might have to rethink my fleet positioning.

• Options
    Man, Phase Three is being stubborn. I got North Carolina already (around 400/600 left), but I now have 19/600 left and still haven't gotten the fire control radar.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    I just need Minneapolis to be "done" with the event aside from the extra exchanges.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    I just need Minneapolis to be "done" with the event aside from the extra exchanges.

Yeah, I have everything else from the event, but I'll probably continue to do my daily stuff for it (1 hard story level, build 3 ships, A1-B3) just to get as much of the loot as I can. I can do all of that on auto-battle, so I typically do it whilst I'm working.

• Options
    I got Minnie last night. Just need to pull Wash and I'll have just about everything.

(I have basically zero chance of getting that silly medal at this point.)

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I got Minnie last night. Just need to pull Wash and I'll have just about everything.

(I have basically zero chance of getting that silly medal at this point.)

Which medal?

Edit: Oh, I think you're talking about the D3 reward. Yeah, I don't think I'm going to push for that either, but I might if I get bored enough.

Edit 2: I say that as I immediately go and start working on clearing D1.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Just got a Minneapolis from building, which was the last of the 4 I was waiting on. I've gotten 2 Washingtons, 2 Marylands, and 1 Colorado and the Minneapolis, just from doing the normal event stages and building 3 to 5 ships per day. Not too shabby. I still have 47 cubes left at the moment, as well.

I'm up to D1 (having cleared and 3 starred everything before that), which I've completed once, but I'm not sure if I'll press on from there. It wasn't too difficult, per se, but something weird is going on with the boss. I don't know if I ran out of time without noticing, but the first battle I was annihilated right as one of my backline ships went down, but I still had the other 5. I used the free daily heal on that ship and did the battle again with the same fleet, getting an S, so I don't know what the hell happened. I'm content with just auto-battling A1 through B3 each day, I think.

Are you 3 starring the HM maps? The 3 star rewards are all normal or hard mode so you don't have to.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Are you 3 starring the HM maps? The 3 star rewards are all normal or hard mode so you don't have to.

I did on the C maps, but not out of specifically trying to.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Finally got my first win on 6-4 as well as the map clear star. We Touhou now boyos~

Also actually making my way through the Hard event stages. I think it's safe to say I won't be getting any S-ranks past C-1 until I can figure out how I'm supposed to dodge Chaser I's torpedo waves.

---

In related news, more new stuff is coming with the Nov. 15 patch! Tea Party skins for Ikazuchi, Inazuma and Illustrious. Plus Fubuki and Uzuki are being permanently added to the Construction pools.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Also actually making my way through the Hard event stages. I think it's safe to say I won't be getting any S-ranks past C-1 until I can figure out how I'm supposed to dodge Chaser I's torpedo waves.

Levels and equipment seem to be pretty huge in this game. My main 2 fleets are all in the 85 to 100 level range with decent equipment (some gold, the rest purple) and I'm able to auto-battle C1 and C2 without a second thought. C3 was tougher just because the sirens' guns rip me open (I actually found D1 easier than C3). I've found with events so far, I just go until I hit a wall and call it good. I wouldn't sweat it.

And I'm not sure that S ranks are even entirely necessary. They might affect the loot drops (and the daily/weekly missions), but I don't think they affect the clear percentage or anything like that, so as long as you successfully beat the flagship, I think you're good.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    So, here's a dumb question: Azur Lane has become my de facto mobile game (this isn't really something I do, I don't own a 3DS for the same reason)--it's surprising approachable. I've noticed though, since I'm still quite early on in the "story"--I just started Chapter 3, or perhaps Act 3, the third distinct map screen in any case--that I'm only building Eagle Union and Royal Navy ships. I think I got an Iron Blood ship, Prinz Eugen, by chance somehow.

That's normal, no? I need to progress further to start building the other nations ships in the "story"? Because I'm getting a lot of duplicates in ship generation (which I know isn't an entirely bad thing, with limit breaks and enhancements), but it would be nice to have a wider variety of ships.

I also find it mildly annoying that I actually have a few ships I can retrofit...but only T2 parts and no T1 parts. But I guess that's what I get for not checking the store often enough.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »
    So, here's a dumb question: Azur Lane has become my de facto mobile game (this isn't really something I do, I don't own a 3DS for the same reason)--it's surprising approachable. I've noticed though, since I'm still quite early on in the "story"--I just started Chapter 3, or perhaps Act 3, the third distinct map screen in any case--that I'm only building Eagle Union and Royal Navy ships. I think I got an Iron Blood ship, Prinz Eugen, by chance somehow.

That's normal, no? I need to progress further to start building the other nations ships in the "story"? Because I'm getting a lot of duplicates in ship generation (which I know isn't an entirely bad thing, with limit breaks and enhancements), but it would be nice to have a wider variety of ships.

I also find it mildly annoying that I actually have a few ships I can retrofit...but only T2 parts and no T1 parts. But I guess that's what I get for not checking the store often enough.

My understanding is that ship construction is random from a pool of possible ships. I wouldn't really build ships outside of events, unless there are some rares that you just gotta get. Just running stages should get you a ton of different ship drops. The level you play determines the possible drops. There are lists out there of what drops where, and they have different rarities.

Retrofits are something they slowly add to ships, I believe. There are only a handful at the moment that have them available. I have a similar problem with item enhancement where I'll have a ton of T2 and T3 blueprints, but no T1. You just have to keep playing getting drops. The daily missions are good sources for those kind of things, especially as you increase in levels.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

I just think the drop tables are balanced towards you getting your Sakura ships from stage drops. They start showing up in greater numbers when you hit World 4. Your Prinz Eugen came from your 7-day Beginner's Daily Login track.

Also, more pre-patch notes announced. Ayanami Retrofit and World 9 are confirmed!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Ironblood also has the least number of ships of the big 4 factions right now, with only 3 common drops (Königsberg, Karlsruhe, and Köln), and the lone rare is locked behind Max Limit Breaking the three Königsberg class ships
    Also, more pre-patch notes announced. Ayanami Retrofit and World 9 are confirmed!
    I just finished retrofitting Laffey and Z23 before the Ayanami retrofit annoucement, I would have held off on Z23 if I had know it was coming so soon

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Full team of level 100s (all 6 star super rares and a Unicorn) and I still can't even beat event D3 (on auto).

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    a nu start wrote: »
    Full team of level 100s (all 6 star super rares and a Unicorn) and I still can't even beat event D3 (on auto).

I've done it twice, on manual. First I beat it with only losing 1 vanguard ship, though another ship was really close to going down. The second time, my flagship went down when the boss was literally 1 or 2 hits away from dying. I had also lost 2 of my vanguard and my other fleet was out of ammo, so I had to retreat. That stung a little, to say the least. I haven't tried again since then, though I probably will before the event ends. 5 victories to clear is pretty rough.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm able to auto S-rank D3 now but when I started I did get the surprise annihilated screens.

Ttq3nval.jpg

This is what I'm using now. Fleet 2 clears 5/6 enemies and Fleet 1 does one regular and the boss node to make sure it has the 20% ammo damage bonus. I adjust Phoenix to be at the front of the vanguard once I'm in she since basically doesn't die to trash mobs

Dracil on
  • Options
    The Siren bosses in hard mode have a mini enrage mechanic were they will get a second bar next to their HP bar and a circular meter that starts to fill. If you don't do enough damage to empty the second bar before the circle fills up then it's Touhou time.

Fleet positions are based on the order you selected them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wondered what that circle meter was for.

• Options
    Turns out the downside of skipping ahead in events is we probably skipped ahead in tutorials as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Woo, just cleared D3!

...and, the medal is just a dorm item. :rotate:

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Woo, just cleared D3!

...and, the medal is just a dorm item. :rotate:

Why I wasn't too worried about it. That damn stage is taking up all the room.

Did finally beat D3 though.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    I'm playing casually enough that I'm not entirely sure I have a fair shot at D3. My strongest bote is Laffey Retrofit and she's still only at 90.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I'm playing casually enough that I'm not entirely sure I have a fair shot at D3. My strongest bote is Laffey Retrofit and she's still only at 90.

Yeah, that's going to be tough, but possibly doable. My philosophy has been if I'm not enjoying it, I'm not doing it. Once I feel like I'm barely scraping by, I stop and work on something else. I haven't even started stage 6 yet, though I'm probably massively over-leveled for it at this point, because I barely scraped by 5 when I did it.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    My D3 boss killing fleet is only 4 ships. Hood, QE, Belfast, Javelin(partially remodeled). Only really notable equipment is Hood has a +10 T3 Twin 410mm and +9 High Performance Fire Control Radar. Belfast and Javelin have +6 T3 533mm Quintuple Torpedos and Javelin has the rainbow pure oxygen torpedo which is also only +6. You can definitely make up lower levels and equipment by filling in the last 2 spots just save torpedoes to fire them point blank into the bosses when the mini enrage bar shows up.

Edit: If you can clear D3 then you can probably auto your way through world 8.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    When does the next event start? I think it's the Neptunia one? Kinda hoping for at least a small break, though weapon skins sound fun.

• Options
    When does the next event start? I think it's the Neptunia one? Kinda hoping for at least a small break, though weapon skins sound fun.

Neps arrive on the 23rd I believe.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    The Neptunia weapon skins are amazing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Now wait a minute. When I installed the game, it wouldn't let me use my normal name (SirCarcass) due to non-allowed words (I assumed the "ass" at the end, I've run into that before) so I just went with SirC. I just defeated someone on an exercise by the name of Assburger.

• Options
    Might actually be the word carcass

• Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    Might actually be the word carcass

If so, thankfully I saved Assburger from having to see that horrible word.

• Options
    Last call for Halloween Bailey and the JK skins for Minnie, Hobby and Kalk. I also believe tomorrow's the last full day before Fallen Wings ends.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Last call for Halloween Bailey and the JK skins for Minnie, Hobby and Kalk. I also believe tomorrow's the last full day before Fallen Wings ends.

Yep last day to upgrade your gold fire control radar and F4U as much as you can before they get the gold equipment tax. And of course chasing Washington and Minneapolis.

And then it's remodeling Ayanami and saving up gold, cubes, and furniture coins for Neptunia.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wait, Neptunia also has furniture? I am never gonna have enough dorm coins. These events are too much at once.

But I am sitting on near max coins and a lot of cubes for building/weapon skins.

• Options
    Had enough coins and cubes for twenty-one more rolls.

No Washington. :(

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List