As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bombs sent to Obama, Soros, Clinton, CNN, multiple other targets, info still forthcoming

1181920212224»

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    He’s literally a narcissistic sociopath that can’t process that events exist outside of him. You know how in sims 3 there was a thing where the game didn’t bother processing events outside of the view of character the player controlled, so if you used a mod to track all the characters it looked like everone was just standing doing nothing while the player character was swarmed with activity? That’s how Trump sees the world.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    I honestly can't believe Trump is handling this so badly. Sure, it's not GREAT for him, because it's one of his supporters but this is such an easy time for him to show some utterly trivial 'moderation' which wont upset his supporters and will win him praise on the news and earn the Republicans votes. The guy was so obviously crazy that it allows him an easy out to criticize the angry guy living in his van mailing explosivies, while not upsetting his supporters who live in their parents basements shouting on Reddit.

This is a good explanation. (Short version: his base support is built on division, so not only does he not have any reason to moderate, he has a number of reasons not to.)

And Trump himself is incapable of self-control. Nothing about this incident actually changed his mind on anything. He doesn't feel any responsibility or shame (haha, Trump feeling shame) so what exactly was gonna change from last month to now? Nothing.

So all there is is a wait for him to return to normal.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Jesus Christ, he literally blamed the media for the hostility in the same sentence as calling them the enemy of the people. He's losing his mind.

It's not THEIR job to bring peace and unity, it's YOURS.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    He won’t condemn right wing terrorists because a big part of his base supports them

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    He won’t condemn right wing terrorists because a big part of his base supports them
    He won't condemn it because he doesn't see this as a problem because it's not personally effecting him.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    He won't condemn it because he doesn't see this as a problem because it's not personally effecting him.

And because he agrees with it.

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    HEY FOLKS, THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT TRUMP

We have established that he's still a garbage human, please talk about actual bombing related stuff.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    The MAGAbomber had a hit list of prominent Democrats and Trump opponents that he planned to send bombs to. He started at the top and was working his way down. Other articles have mentioned there were over a hundred names on the list. Also, the mail bombs were staggered, so there might still be more out there that haven't arrived. And that's before copycat attacks, which I expect at any moment now.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    The MAGAbomber had a hit list of prominent Democrats and Trump opponents that he planned to send bombs to. He started at the top and was working his way down. Other articles have mentioned there were over a hundred names on the list. Also, the mail bombs were staggered, so there might still be more out there that haven't arrived. And that's before copycat attacks, which I expect at any moment now.

If they ever publish the list, copycats will certainly try to finish it. So I'm glad that it doesn't appear that they have.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Mayabird wrote: »

If they ever publish the list, copycats will certainly try to finish it. So I'm glad that it doesn't appear that they have.

the list has been published a dozen times over =p

(It's trumps twitter feed)

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I am still not over the fact that this guy thought these bombs would actually reach their intended targets AND explode. Like - I get his intent, but did he at no point think that what actually happened is the most likely scenario? That these bombs are found long before they reach their target?

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    I am still not over the fact that this guy thought these bombs would actually reach their intended targets AND explode. Like - I get his intent, but did he at no point think that what actually happened is the most likely scenario? That these bombs are found long before they reach their target?

He clearly wasn’t a genius but I don’t think we should take much comfort in the fact that this time we got the equivalent of the underwear bomber rather than Khalid Sheik Mohammed. If enough people buy into terrorism eventually you are going to get one guy who is lucky or competent.

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I wish I had a source for this, but I remember years ago reading something that basically talked about how terrorism has a spectacularly high failure rate. Like, even without being caught or captured, there are also terrorism attempts that are just failures because making something that will explode when you want it to is hard.

Like, remember that van full of fertilizer and other explode-y stuff in NYC that didn't explode because the dude bought the non-explode-y fertilizer by accident?

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    It strikes me as one of those things where the detailed media coverage shows the next guy what not to do.

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    If you're smart enough to make a working remote bomb you probably already have a nice job and a healthy retirement account

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    If you're smart enough to make a working remote bomb you probably already have a nice job and a healthy retirement account

Or a cabin in the woods.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

He clearly wasn’t a genius but I don’t think we should take much comfort in the fact that this time we got the equivalent of the underwear bomber rather than Khalid Sheik Mohammed. If enough people buy into terrorism eventually you are going to get one guy who is lucky or competent.

This is a lot of people's concern about whoever comes after Trump...

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I knew deep down when the news came out, that this person was from Florida.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

Overheard at work today:

Person 1: "You know what would be a really great Halloween costume? Florida Man."
    Person 2: "Not this month it wouldn't."
    Person 1: "What? ....oh, yeah, good point."

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Eh, Montana would have been just as valid an answer.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular

Eh, Montana would have been just as valid an answer.

Nah, they’d have gone off if it had been Montana.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Let's stop there, shall we?