As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

we still need to talk about [My Hero Academia]

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Aoyama needs even more of an arc

He's the damn best

I'm still sad about him getting one shot during the tournament

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah I want to see more of Aoyama, Sero, Shoji, and Ashido.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    At least Ashido and Aoyama should be getting more upcoming screen time than my fave lil edgy birb

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I should watch the sub!

I do really like most of the cast dub, though. Especially Midoriya and All-Might.

Comparing the the two the dub is good but the japanse cast has a few standout performances which make it definitely the way I like to experience it. Bakugo is way better in the Japanese casting. Shigaraki is way better.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Nope.
    Bakugo is a jojo and thus has no time for women

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Nope.
    Bakugo is a jojo and thus has no time for women
    That pretty much is the only way to get him to do something, so well played, Ochaco.

sig.gif
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Bakugo loves throwing his baggage on other people so much I can’t not see him as an incel

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2019
    Javen wrote: »
    Bakugo loves throwing his baggage on other people so much I can’t not see him as an incel

I feel like Bakugo gets laid though. He's too fake confident. He seems more like the guy who sleeps with as many women as possible to try and fill the void in his heart when all he really wants it to be loved.

But he's afraid to admit it because it would show weakness.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I feel like Bakugo gets laid though. He's too fake confident. He seems more like the guy who sleeps with as many women as possible to try and fill the void in his heart when all he really wants it to be loved.

But he's afraid to admit it because it would show weakness.

The only thing Bakugo cares about from any potential relationship is how hard they can hit things.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Actually come to think of it I wonder if Bakugou might be ace. He's never shown any inclination towards a romantic relationship or reacted to anyone in that way like Midoriya has

I definitely don’t see Bakugo as an incel but I agree he has no time for women right now.

I wonder if the popularity of Ochaco/Bakugo (at least from what I’ve seen there’s a decent amount of fan content for it) stems more from Ochaco’s cheery personality being seen as a good match for Bakugo, or from a dislike of Midoriya/Ochaco?

Both kids told us yesterday that MHA is one of their favourite shows. It’s Niko’s fave, and Anya’s ‘favourite of the shows I’ve watched with you’.

• MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Eh, Ochaco/Bakugo is the same "primary girl/primary bad boy" ship you see in every fandom, like Katara/Zuko or Hermione/Draco. Midoriya/Ochaco gets less attention by comparison because, at least right now, it's the most likely thing to actually happen and therefore considered boring—like Aang/Katara and Harry/Ginny before it.

I'm curious whether MHA will end when they finish school, or if there'll some sort of timeskip and we'll see everyone as pro-heroes.

Bakugo has I don't think at any point in the entire series show any romantic or sexual interest towards anybody.

Also if we're talking crack ships then it has to be Deku/Todoroki.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I am not sure Bakugo would have a type he might like given he would probably see everybody as less than him or someone he hates for being stronger than him.

Except for Eijiro, who is a precious boy.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Bakugo is not emotionally mature enough right now to have a romantic relationship.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Bakugo is not emotionally mature enough right now to have a romantic relationship.
    That is probably true of most teenagers.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Bakugo has I don't think at any point in the entire series show any romantic or sexual interest towards anybody.

Also if we're talking crack ships then it has to be Deku/Todoroki.

deku/todoroki would be very adorable

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Yes, but it's especially true of Bakugo, who is currently incapable of viewing anyone as a stepping stone or an obstacle.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Bakugo is volcel

Bakugo's mom basically has him completely figured out

Couscous wrote: »

And a fair few adults, too.
    Bakugo's mom basically has him completely figured out

Bakugo’s mom is the reason he is why he is.

After the first few episodes I knew exactly what his parents would be like, and I was correct!

She's why he's loud, but he's also got a flashy quirk and has been naturally good at everything society cares about, in a world that seems to really be into openly evaluating its young people constantly

Yet he wants to win fairly, and when we do see him fail, he doesn’t throw a tantrum. He doesn’t display the bitterness or blaming of others that you’d expect from someone who was spoiled or had incel tendencies.

Ochaco on Bakugo, from the School Briefs book:
    “What if you could be one of the boys for a day?”

The girls thought about Kendo’s suggestion, and one particular boy popped into Uraraka’s mind.

“I’d wanna be Bakugo for a day.”

“Eh? Him, really?” asked a shocked Jiro. Ururaka smiled and blushed.

“Mhm. He gave me a solid beating at the Sports Festival, right? During that battle, I really got a feel for how strong he is. Might be awesome to get a taste of that strength, myself!”

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    Eh, Ochaco/Bakugo is the same "primary girl/primary bad boy" ship you see in every fandom, like Katara/Zuko or Hermione/Draco. Midoriya/Ochaco gets less attention by comparison because, at least right now, it's the most likely thing to actually happen and therefore considered boring—like Aang/Katara and Harry/Ginny before it.

I'm curious whether MHA will end when they finish school, or if there'll some sort of timeskip and we'll see everyone as pro-heroes.

Bakugou/Ochako comes entirely from the fact that at one single point in the series he treated her like a human being worthy of a bare minimum amount of respect.

That's it, that's the ship basis.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    Oof I wonder if the new chapter’ll be adapted for the anime, because if so...

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    This chapter 236, uh:
    JFC this chapter!

Mon-chan noooo. You didn't deserve this! You were a good dog!

This legit upset me, because whenever I'm upset my dog can just sense it and comes and finds wherever I am in the house and lays down on me, just like the dog in this chapter. They very notion of hurting a dog boils my blood. You fill them with love and you get manifold returns on it.

Aside: when I checked the reddit thread for this chapter, 1000 people also had the same JFC reaction.

Janson wrote: »
    Oof I wonder if the new chapter’ll be adapted for the anime, because if so...

I'm sure it will be but it will be heavily edited. You can't directly show that stuff on Japanese TV no way.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Well, that’s one way to show how a villain came to be.

JFC.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Guest writer Hirohiko Araki

Yeah, uh, my mind went there too

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019

Is that the JoJo author that shows how evil his villains are by having them abuse dogs?

silence1186 on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Apparently the new MHA spin-off manga will be all about the UA kids teaming up with pro heroes in standalone stories which

Hell yeah I'll read that

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Apparently the new MHA spin-off manga will be all about the UA kids teaming up with pro heroes in standalone stories which

Hell yeah I'll read that

Fuck yeah!!!

Hell yeah I'll read that

GIVE FROPPY HER OWN SERIES

Hell yeah I'll read that

Thats what I need in my life. Gotham PD style side stories for Pony-chan and Tetsutetsu.

Plz no Mineta

Maybe we'll get some damn figuarts outta this