As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

we still need to talk about [My Hero Academia]

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The worst thing about Mineta is he has no purpose and is really the only problematic character on the show.

He could never be in another episode and the show would only improve completely.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    The worst thing about Mineta is he has no purpose and is really the only problematic character on the show.

He could never be in another episode and the show would only improve completely.

Hell I wouldn't mind him still being in the show as long as they were to get rid of his dumb perv nonsense.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Trace wrote: »

Hell I wouldn't mind him still being in the show as long as they were to get rid of his dumb perv nonsense.

Well... That's kind of his whole character at this point though.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    timeskip mineta is gonna blow our minds

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Mineta is only in this story so anime watchers / manga readers can continue to discuss how much he sucks every few weeks, instead of discussing other flawed elements of the plot.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Mineta is only in this story so anime watchers / manga readers can continue to discuss how much he sucks every few weeks, instead of discussing other flawed elements of the plot.
    Mineta is in the series because lots of people don't see a problem with him and find his bullshit funny, including Kohei Horikoshi

It sucks but its true!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    It's too bad because I'd love to see more fun and interesting uses of his quirk but... I don't want to see him.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    When I saw Two Heroes in theaters the audience fucking loved Mineta and cracked up at all of his bits and I felt extremely uncomfortable

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    timeskip mineta is gonna blow our minds

Oh we might be headed for a timeskip yeah. Not the 4 month thing but after that event

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I need the show to reveal that the real reason Deku switched to shoot style was to eventually become strong enough to punt Mineta into the sun and how that was the act that made him the world's greatest hero.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    timeskip and mineta is just gone and nobody talks about it

• Options
    To conclude, give less screentime to perv Mineta, and give more screentime to Tokoyami, the true hero of this series, and all sins will be forgiven.

• Options
    More screentime for Hagakure

• Options
    What are you talking about, she is almost in every scene

• Options
    What are you talking about, she is almost in every scene

Maybe she should wear more clothes then!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I have seen every episode of this show up to the new series and I could not tell you the names of more than like, 3 people.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Well, do you screw with your phone/do things on a second monitor while MHA is playing?

• Options
    They seriously put their names on screen constantly

• Options
    I quit reading the things after like, episode 3 because they kept putting so many things on the screen all the time oh my god

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I quit reading the things after like, episode 3 because they kept putting so many things on the screen all the time oh my god

those are called subtitles

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »

those are called subtitles

How dare you I am a filthy fucking normie I only watch the dub

• Options
    But... They put up character cards several time per episode with name and quirk!

Pay attention!

• Options
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

the community team for Warframe is very good at their jobs and also very mature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMz_GZARsEo

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    That was a great recap episode

I still love Aizawa

The preview showed Kaminari playing with Ojiro’s tail again!
    To conclude, give less screentime to perv Mineta, and give more screentime to Tokoyami, the true hero of this series, and all sins will be forgiven.

Finally, someone else understands

(I dearly hope that Tokoyami’s apprenticeship with Hawks is given more time than the manga allocated to it)

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    That was a great recap episode

I still love Aizawa

The preview showed Kaminari playing with Ojiro’s tail again!

Finally, someone else understands

(I dearly hope that Tokoyami’s apprenticeship with Hawks is given more time than the manga allocated to it)

In this episode, Tokoyami was a true bro and had Dark Shadow grab food for everybody.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    gotta be honest the season 4 opening is probably my least favorite. it's the first one that really didn't hit for me.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    the ending is un-fucking-fair though, for a manga reader. jesus. that's some weapons grade feels.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I know nothing about this horned girl but the OP and ED are really priming me for getting ruined huh

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yeah its laying it on a bit thick

Feels better as a second op for the season when you know the deal instead of just

HEY

HEY SEE THIS PERSON

BE PREEMPTIVELY SAD

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    well just the past openings had I felt more specific theming while this one feels a bit generic.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm surprised to say that I really liked that recap episode

it's a simple reintroduction, but it's also just a really nice little short story about the weight of expectations on Midoriya

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Odd I bet it fits in a mysterious 4 month tine gap

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    It'll probably be cool, but it will be:
    1) Like every shonen manga tie in movie ever, structurally,
    2) Require me to go to a dangerous movie theater to see, if it's anything like my last time.

Really wish these would stream somewhere, or get picked up by a different brand of movie theater.

• Options
    2) Require me to go to a dangerous movie theater to see, if it's anything like my last time.

Really wish these would stream somewhere, or get picked up by a different brand of movie theater.

The first movie is streaming now

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Oh? Who has it?

• Options
    edited October 2019

Oh? Who has it?

Everyone has it now. Be careful the dub and sub are separate entries. I rented it on Amazon

King Riptor on
  • Options

Oh? Who has it?

Everyone has it now. Be careful the dub and sub are separate entries. I rented it on Amazon

Oh neat. No one has it like, included in their library yet, it's probably too new and they'll make you pay for it, right?

• Options

Oh? Who has it?

Oh neat. No one has it like, included in their library yet, it's probably too new and they'll make you pay for it, right?

Maybe Funimation at some point but I doubt it