As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    All PC hands on deck. Orokin Catalyst-Orokin catalyst invasion on Sedna.
    I'll do some missions for the losing party, doing my small part to make sure that it's up for as long as possible.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Nobody is even talking about that fucking awesome sugatra? I mean really? Really?

xeRXyBl.jpg

Baro says right there that fashion elites are talking about this. Are any of y'all actually even dedicated to fashionframe, or are y'all just fuckin poseurs?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Welp I figured out how to farm Cetus Wisps! My first attempt at night using that I managed about 30 trying to learn the route and what to look for. The next night I was able to get 60 branching out only a little bit from that route in the link. Took like 3 mins trying to fly at full speed in an archwing to complete the loop. Was actually kind of having fun by the end of it trying to fly under and through things.

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Another 15k Kuva in (do not ask how much I'm in already, it's a much larger number) I now have +MS/+Fire rate/+Heat.

That is at least USABLE.

This will not be a good gun. It will however be a fun gun.

dporowski on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I really need to get started on Sorties at some point. How much optimization do I need to worry about?

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    jothki wrote: »
    I really need to get started on Sorties at some point. How much optimization do I need to worry about?

It really depends on the specific Sortie of the day. Some mission/modifier combinations are incredibly annoying, while others just don't matter. It's a lot less about optimization and more about having the right tool for the job on hand - I don't bother with like half of sorties because one of the three missions sounds incredibly annoying to do with the stuff I have.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Most of them can just be soloed with Ivara.

The only ones I don't bother with are Defence because it takes forever with or without a group and the NPC keeps wandering out of any snowglobes/glass walls put down.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I've never had a problem just busting through the Sorties in a pug. Sometimes the group even sticks together through all three.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

You will want to have a tricked out Assault Rifle, shotgun, bow, sniper rifle, secondary and melee for the X only sorties. Note that "Bow" includes crossbows, and "Assault Rifle" actually means anything but the other catrgories.

Beyond that, the trickiest Sorties are Spy, Rescue, Physical/Elemental Enhancement, Eximus Stronghold and reinforced armor. Sortie Spy requires you to crack all three vaults, the countdown to failure for Rescue starts the moment you open the door to the prison, and you can't use Ciphers for Sorties, so you kinda want to practice those to learn how to get through the rooms as quickly or quietly as possible. The Enhancements give them a sizable bonus to a specific damage type, and greatly increase their resistance to either physical or ele damage; on top of needing a good slash status weapon for ele enhancement, you will typically want a taker frame, especially if the damage type is toxin, puncture or corrosive. Eximus Stronghold is pretty self-explanatory, and the armor one requires a lot of slash/corrosive status or anything else that might reduce or bypass armor. (There is also a shield version, that's a bit easier to deal with, with toxin and slash/gas status.)

Assassinations are often a pain as well, especially if it was a boss that is already obnoxious like Vay Hek or Ambulas. Since it's always the last mission, their damage and health are scaled to level 100, so one-shots are likely (especially if it's an Enhancement) and you will have to bring your best damage dealing weapons to the fray.

I personally bring out Valkyr for Rescue and most assassinations, so I can go invulnerable for cracking consoles under fire or rezzing allies, also slide attack spam for massive damage. Mobile defense and any endless mission type is your excuse to being your favorite mass murdering frame for that faction type. And while Spy doesn't normally *require* a Loki, Ivara or Limbo, the chance of failure is probably the highest of all mission types, so you want to be as prepared as possible.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Got the last piece for Nekros and he's baking now. That should help my farming.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I built my first kitgun last night. This thing is going to eat a bunch of forma.

Arcanes are still a bit off but I figure I might as well do the forma cycle now.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

You will want to have a tricked out Assault Rifle, shotgun, bow, sniper rifle, secondary and melee for the X only sorties. Note that "Bow" includes crossbows, and "Assault Rifle" actually means anything but the other catrgories.

Beyond that, the trickiest Sorties are Spy, Rescue, Physical/Elemental Enhancement, Eximus Stronghold and reinforced armor. Sortie Spy requires you to crack all three vaults, the countdown to failure for Rescue starts the moment you open the door to the prison, and you can't use Ciphers for Sorties, so you kinda want to practice those to learn how to get through the rooms as quickly or quietly as possible. The Enhancements give them a sizable bonus to a specific damage type, and greatly increase their resistance to either physical or ele damage; on top of needing a good slash status weapon for ele enhancement, you will typically want a taker frame, especially if the damage type is toxin, puncture or corrosive. Eximus Stronghold is pretty self-explanatory, and the armor one requires a lot of slash/corrosive status or anything else that might reduce or bypass armor. (There is also a shield version, that's a bit easier to deal with, with toxin and slash/gas status.)

Assassinations are often a pain as well, especially if it was a boss that is already obnoxious like Vay Hek or Ambulas. Since it's always the last mission, their damage and health are scaled to level 100, so one-shots are likely (especially if it's an Enhancement) and you will have to bring your best damage dealing weapons to the fray.

I personally bring out Valkyr for Rescue and most assassinations, so I can go invulnerable for cracking consoles under fire or rezzing allies, also slide attack spam for massive damage. Mobile defense and any endless mission type is your excuse to being your favorite mass murdering frame for that faction type. And while Spy doesn't normally *require* a Loki, Ivara or Limbo, the chance of failure is probably the highest of all mission types, so you want to be as prepared as possible.

This is a great list of tools that are useful. I'd add getting yourself a Rhino to this list. Seriously I do every sortie in my Rhino P. Only bringing out a Frost for excavations, and a Loki for doing the spy missions solo (I don't trust pug spy sorties).

Rhino is just my personal taste, as there are other frames that can give you the invulnerability (Valkyr, Wukong, etc.), but Rhino is just such a great frame for all levels of content that you will not go wrong investing in it a little bit.

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Forgot one other tricky Sortie type; Radiation Hazard. Rad procs=Friendly Fire, so if you are going with a nuker frame, you want to be *extra* careful not to cast anything when you are proc'd to avoid killing your allies. Consider bringing a frame that can ignore or remove status effects, like Rhino, Saryn, Oberon, and so on.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    and absolutely do not bring a weapon with mass indiscriminate AOE such as ignis or amprex to a radiation sortie as you will easily one-shot your teammates by accident

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Radiation is the best proc. :hydra:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    and absolutely do not bring a weapon with mass indiscriminate AOE such as ignis or amprex to a radiation sortie as you will easily one-shot your teammates by accident

Sure, "accident"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Warframe progress update:

Dumb technical bullshit finally stopped happening! I played a ton to try to get as much done as possible before doing the Switch transfer (so there will be less to redo if I decide I miss having a mouse too much). Some milestones include:

-Mastery 6
    -Got to Neptune
    -Efficiently spent down to 0 platinum
    -Got a full set of Nova Prime blueprints before they get vaulted (with two extra chasses to sell later)
    -Valkyr built; regular Nova on the way; have a complete set of Gara blueprints (but no resources to build them)

The one thing I kind of hoped to do but haven't was try to farm more Ivara pieces to avoid the risk of doing it twice, but due to vaulting being close I spent the time on relic-related shenanigans instead

I'll probably pull the trigger on the account transfer tonight to leave myself a day to beg to support if something fucks up (again). Just trying to decide if there's anything else I should do first.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Just did Patient Zero

Alad

Buddy

Pal

I say this as an alcoholic myself

you gotta stay OFF

the

SAUCE

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So today was hilarious. I had whittled down my carefully saved and hard earned plat buying slots, and Prime Warframe parts for Mag and Nova Prime since they're about to leave rotation. I had about 10 other things I wanted to buy, but it wasn't "practical" to do so. I had a few days ago gotten a Dread Riven though, which is a really good one. I've used WF market, but my experience buying and selling rivens is one of lots of boring spamming and trade chats that go no where. I was about to try to unload a Dread for only a 100p when a nice TC trader said. "You know, you should REALLY try making a few more Kuva rolls and post it on the market."

So I did, and got Multishot, Critical Chance, and Damage with - Zoom after two rolls. :biggrin:

Long story short, I'm 1.5k plat richer worth about $80 if you were to buy it from DE with no discount. And the moral of the story is, you ALWAYS get the best drops in Warframe when you're not looking for them / don't care.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Finished my Kavat upgrade and realized I need 10 MORE genetic code to finally make my space cat.

Back to the derelict mines.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Deadline approaching to transfer copy your account to Switch! Just keep in mind you have to install Warframe on your Switch to do the transfer, so don't wait until the last second.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Speaking of Switch, do we have a Switch clan I can join? I think the Switch account's public name is Wyvernne (unless it keeps the PC public name when you transfer, which I don't think it does).

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm now in the process of doing the Forma dance on my Tombfinger/Splat/Haymaker kitgun which has been dubbed Civil Discourse.

Also put started building the parts for my first MOA which should be ready for assembly tonight.

And I realized I had almost all the parts to make a Zaw with the Plague Kripath I got the last Plague Star event so I combined the Kripath with a Plague Bowen and the big status chance link. It's weird trying to do polearm combos after so much time using two handed sword stances.

I am going to have to actually finish up my rep grinds for the related factions though. Need max Solaris United rank for those Kitgun Arcanes (not to mention Orb missions) and need to be a bit higher with the Oston for the gem cuts I need on the Plague Star Zaw Arcane blueprints.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    Note to self: In the future when bringing a Nova into an Arbitration make sure you don't have the Speed Nova configuration active or people might get a little upset with you.

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Speaking of Switch, do we have a Switch clan I can join? I think the Switch account's public name is Wyvernne (unless it keeps the PC public name when you transfer, which I don't think it does).

We do, I've just sent an invitation to "Wyvernne". Hopefully that actually is your name.

That pushes us to 10 members, which means that we can't go up any further without tripling research costs.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    What's the next "tier" of clan size?

• Options
    What's the next "tier" of clan size?

11-30, I think?

Expanding it should be fine, as long as the incoming 11th person is willing to cover the extra mutagen samples needed for the Hema.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    How many mutagen samples do you need? I have 563 in my inventory.

I just ported my PC account over to Switch today, hoping to bring some mats with me for the Switch Clan. I don't know that I'll play much, but I can provide my 3-year backlog of collection garbage and if needed provide a moderate-to-hard-carry on any content people want to try if times line up.

Also, hopefully, when they introduce the Ignis Wraith to the Switch port, I'll have 114 BP's sitting and waiting for y'all in my inventory. Silly "economy items" clause.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    How many mutagen samples do you need? I have 563 in my inventory.

I just ported my PC account over to Switch today, hoping to bring some mats with me for the Switch Clan. I don't know that I'll play much, but I can provide my 3-year backlog of collection garbage and if needed provide a moderate-to-hard-carry on any content people want to try if times line up.

Also, hopefully, when they introduce the Ignis Wraith to the Switch port, I'll have 114 BP's sitting and waiting for y'all in my inventory. Silly "economy items" clause.

Currently, we need 5000 for the Hema alone. Adding an additional member will bump it up to 15000. Yes, it's a horrible design decision that the developers have promised not to repeat.

It looks like Heretic_Astartes hasn't signed on for two weeks, so maybe we might be able to open up some room there?

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    1gljEyi.png

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    1gljEyi.png

Fun tip: Limbo can deploy Simaris traps from Rift, and cannot be hurt while inside Rift.

Helped me rather a lot with not freaking out.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    My Plague Kripath Zaw is now gilded, potatoed, stuffed full of status effect mods, and christened as Influenzaw.

My first MOA is a slower process as these things are really fragile starting out. They're nowhere near as deadly as a space cat or dog off the bat but I can see the potential here once it's gilded and potatoed.

Solaris United is just over 1 day away from hitting max rank. While I could squeeze in a bunch of fish donations to push it over in one day, I don't see a lot of point given that I'll still need to keep doing rep for Arcanes.

In contrast, Ostron rank is a much longer grind. I forgot how much more rep that needed and how much less rep you normally get for a bounty. I already have 10 blueprints of both Plague Star Exodias so i don't need this maxed out that quickly but still.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    You non-Switch players have the Ostron grind much easier than we do. On the Switch, Vomvalysts basically don't exist outside of Teralyst fights.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    vomvalysts only spawn when you don't care about them spawning on every platform

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Osteron rep is much easier to bank though. One night of fishing can last multiple days worth of standing, whereas while you can trade in orb vallis fish and bonds, they're worth pennies on the dollar. And the minerals are probably better sold for plat than changed to standing

steam_sig.png
  • Options

And since they literally almost never spawn on the Switch (I have yet to see one in the wild myself), Switch players never stop wanting them to spawn.

• Options
    IzzimachIzzimach Fighter/Mage/Chef Registered User regular
    Any suggestions for Cave fishing in Orb Vallis?

Every cave pond I go to produces 2-3 scrubbers, a mirewinder, and maybe a Charamote. Then the pond dries up and I have to wander off to another cave. I guess the cave south of the Space Port has hotspots sometimes?

Also I'm keeping my Moa just for whiplash mine. I LOVE watching whiplash mine activate.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Izzimach wrote: »
    Any suggestions for Cave fishing in Orb Vallis?

Every cave pond I go to produces 2-3 scrubbers, a mirewinder, and maybe a Charamote. Then the pond dries up and I have to wander off to another cave. I guess the cave south of the Space Port has hotspots sometimes?

Also I'm keeping my Moa just for whiplash mine. I LOVE watching whiplash mine activate.

You need to find a cave with glow. Check the two caves north east and north west of Ustara crater. One of them usually has a good glowy spot, then you dump in luminescence and a synathid/charamote bait. Charamotes sometimes appear without a bait, but for Synathids you practicly require it. (Then you keep at that spot until the bait sinks. Usually 2-3 rounds of fishing).

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular

And since they literally almost never spawn on the Switch (I have yet to see one in the wild myself), Switch players never stop wanting them to spawn.

If anyone in the Switch clan needs a kickstart on Quills rep, just ask.

I've got my Lanka kitted out and a good amp and can pretty much solo Teralysts now. I'm happy to carry people to rank 2 for their amps.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro