As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    Now I want a gun that shoots ciphers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hggaMqJbSxE

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    I only now just noticed the 10-Cipher blueprint. 200 hours in.

I've been doing them one-by-one.

By the time you can blow 250 thousand credits on ciphers, you should have enough of a backlog that you don't need it.

You've never seen how many ciphers I go through. I cipher EVERYTHING.

Even the console to start a survival mission!?

Well yeah. I got time to waste doing the survival, not playing connect the dots!

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    "I finally have enough nitain to craft Vauban Prime"
    *looks at other resources needed*
    *Looks at personal Oxium stash*
    *Looks again at how much Oxium is needed*
    "Weell, looks like we're going to have to kill some corpus..."

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Upside: Oxium drops aren't 1-2 at a time... and it's not just that one osprey

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So, the Mag/Nova prime relics were hotfixed out of the drop tables on the Switch version today. Considerably earlier than on the other platforms and noone seems to have stated why.

Added to the fact that on the Switch version they were not obtainable from bounties for some reason (possibly a bug, but also unexplained) and could only be gotten from the void at a much lower rate.

This kind of sucks.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I wish when looking at a blueprint, it would also indicate if you have the thing that blueprint builds. Maybe not the thing the thing the blueprint builds builds, that might make the ui a bit messy. But one step further would be nice.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    I wish when looking at a blueprint, it would also indicate if you have the thing that blueprint builds. Maybe not the thing the thing the blueprint builds builds, that might make the ui a bit messy. But one step further would be nice.

I don't know if it does when buying it, but if you look at it in the Foundry it does.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I now have Excalibur Umbra.

And I will finish
    What was started
    The fight of...
    PROTOMAN
    jPzRsbd.jpg

Needs some work I think, and deffo a Shield weapon. Probably Sigma and Octantis, since you can throw that shield.

(Also featuring Rush, a Very Good Dog.)

Might also change the scarf to grey and make the Syndana the "scarf" in yellow. Could alternately change him to Protoman.EXE's color scheme, which is a bit nicer.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

I don't know if it does when buying it, but if you look at it in the Foundry it does.

Yes, the foundry does show it, but when you're going to buy it, you won't see it.

The filter(s) available in the market would be nice to have elsewhere.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I have come to the conclusion that the Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon missions are not prepared to handle 3+ Mesas. Two is stretching things a bit but 3 felt like the threshold whereupon any dropship will only dispense corpses falling to the ground and as long as the Mesas keep refreshing their 3 nothing is really going to be able to stop them from turning enemy camps into morgues.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    I only now just noticed the 10-Cipher blueprint. 200 hours in.

I've been doing them one-by-one.

By the time you can blow 250 thousand credits on ciphers, you should have enough of a backlog that you don't need it.

You've never seen how many ciphers I go through. I cipher EVERYTHING.

Even the console to start a survival mission!?

Maybe.

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    I got my space cat! Due to his looks, I named him Brak and now I need to find some kind of blue strappy armor.

I do miss vacuum already. Can't wait for the big Switch update so I can get Fetch.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I got Fetch so now I have a space cat named Moxie that comes everywhere with me and is specialized in dying in inconvenient places.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I have come to the conclusion that the Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon missions are not prepared to handle 3+ Mesas. Two is stretching things a bit but 3 felt like the threshold whereupon any dropship will only dispense corpses falling to the ground and as long as the Mesas keep refreshing their 3 nothing is really going to be able to stop them from turning enemy camps into morgues.

with the right build, one will maximize the slaughter. She is the best for the plains no contest, though I'll often use a frost or gara in orb.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So I got to level 3 with the Quills, and opened the ability to gild amps and stuff. So I guess I should look into making a decent Amp. Not sure what pieces to use though.

I really do wish you could swap pieces around before gilding, because the sheer risk of wasting all these wisps on a bad combination is kind of paralyzing.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Passed the MR 11 test last night! It turns out that the magic was inside me all along I just needed to, you know, actually practice something in order to git gud. This is what a childhood without athletics failed to teach me.

I gave up trying gimmicks like using Titania's flight and instead just practiced the initial platforming section until I got it (mostly) down, minimizing my overshooting and undershooting on my jumps (I'm going to do like I did as a kid for a moment and blame the controller). :) My only concession was to switch to Valkyr so that I didn't lose any time on a goofy landing. I had beat my head against this wall long enough that I qualify for MR 12 already; I just have to wait 24 hours between tests. I've ground enough Steel Meridian rep to let me buy the Vaykor Hek I've been dreaming about once I hit that next rank. So close I can almost taste it...

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    So I got to level 3 with the Quills, and opened the ability to gild amps and stuff. So I guess I should look into making a decent Amp. Not sure what pieces to use though.

I really do wish you could swap pieces around before gilding, because the sheer risk of wasting all these wisps on a bad combination is kind of paralyzing.

You'll need to make an amp with each prism eventually for the mastery grind anyway. No clue what the math nerds say is the best amp, my Tenno Handshake is the fourth Quills prism, then Vox parts for scaffold and brace, don't recall their number shorthand.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

with the right build, one will maximize the slaughter. She is the best for the plains no contest, though I'll often use a frost or gara in orb.

It will likely take a bit to get the corrupted mods used in some of the more ridiculous builds.

Though even just one does a number on the plains, more so than one in the vallis for whatever reason. The enemy density on the plains is far more dense to the point where I often can't see the screen due to the amount of drop pod blasts filling up the screen. Using just basic lenses in one bounty I grabbed a focus glowy thing and racked up over 4k focus from using Mesa's 4 from a clifftop to buzzsaw through multiple spawn locations.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

The first amp I built was the "111", so the first prism, brace and scaffold since it was the cheapest in material cost and easiest to obtain. That is a massive upgrade over the Mote and will let you start contributing on eidolon hunts, even if it isn't optimal.

The second one I built was the "223" amp, so the Shwaak prism (tier 2), Shraksun scaffold (tier 2) and Lohrin brace (tier 3), which at the time was one of the recommended builds for eidolon hunts, I have no idea if the new Venus amps have changed that or not since I haven't bothered building any of those yet.

Most of the helpful amp building stuff I got from this thread, though it is now out of date thanks to the tier 4 parts on Earth and the new amps on Venus.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/924749-new-to-amp-construction-fear-no-more/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Oh, for people with Amazon Prime/Twitch Prime, there is a new free giveaway of boosters and plat.

https://www.warframe.com/news/get-50-platinum-free-with-twitch-prime-for-a-limited-time

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    THICCframe coming up

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Oh, for people with Amazon Prime/Twitch Prime, there is a new free giveaway of boosters and plat.

https://www.warframe.com/news/get-50-platinum-free-with-twitch-prime-for-a-limited-time

Alienware also has some boosters (and a syandana) https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1968070/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/warframe-booster-pack-key-giveaway

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    SOUL 👏 REAVER 👏 WAR 👏 FRAME 👏

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Lol for the latest Devstream.
    T-girl warframe bug.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    SOUL 👏 REAVER 👏 WAR 👏 FRAME 👏

looks like a mr mysterio thing to me

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    Missed the devstream but read a few of the highlights.

@Lucid_Seraph If Saryn isn't as built as you want in a lady frame, perhaps one of the frames in development will meet your needs
    5b3f3a5203.jpg

And if Hyldren doesn't meet your needs, I think you're beyond help.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I see they've moved away from classical horror monsters for Warframe themes and have gone into gender reversed Spider-man comic characters. :P

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Sexy "New War Concept Art"
    10d3701f53.jpg

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Also, they tweeted a link if you want to download concept art for the two new warframes they spoiled today.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Some crazy alerts today. 2x Gift of the Lotus (shotgun riven, catalyst) and PC just triggered a Orokin Reactor alert for the next 1h30m

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Shotgun riven: 8 headshots from 100m alone. Going to try ivara and navigator but not sure if any of my shotgun even travel that far.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    thanks for the heads up about the reactor

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »
    Shotgun riven: 8 headshots from 100m alone. Going to try ivara and navigator but not sure if any of my shotgun even travel that far.

You don't need to get the headshots with the shotgun. Just have the riven equipped to the shotgun in your loadout, then use your secondary/melee to get headshots

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Darmak wrote: »

You don't need to get the headshots with the shotgun. Just have the riven equipped to the shotgun in your loadout, then use your secondary/melee to get headshots

And there are Two Sniper pistols w/zoom as well; the Knell and the Arca Scisco.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

Please record this video of you getting melee headshots from 100m. I love Warframe!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Wound up having to solo the riven alert... infested survival on my mag. fun times! Pull is useful there to stop the ancient scream chain.

Easiest riven challenge I've ever had: kill 52 enemies while sliding in one day.

• Options

Please record this video of you getting melee headshots from 100m. I love Warframe!

Glaive Prime is what I normally use, and if you need assistance then Ivara's navigator will do the trick

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

Glaive Prime is what I normally use, and if you need assistance then Ivara's navigator will do the trick

I'm being sincere, this game is hilarious with what you can do.

I've always just sniped in the Plains for that Riven though.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

I got the same thing. I grab the Concentrated Arrow augment for Ivara and used her 4 with sleep arrows out on the Plains. Would have been easier in daytime but I got it done.

• Options
    So, I was thinking to myself as I did the riven, I bet it'll be a Hek Riven, what else could it be?
    It's a hek riven.

+84.7% damage, +43.4% Projectile speed, +59.7% Multi

Not the best rolls but eh.