As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    So what is a quick way of bum rushing through the remaining 1/8th of MR10 and all the way through MR11 to get to MR12? I want that specifically because I finally managed to get all the parts and bps needed dor both Sybaris and Rubico Primes only to realize that they both require MR12. Sigh. Also, does re ranking a weapon to rank 30 give MR experience? I ask because I formad my Ignis Wealth for a slot and am powering thru that up using the Onslaught thing.

Inaros is finally in the oven and my Lanka, Arca Plasmor, and Tara should be ready when I get home in 5 hours. Still trying out frames to decided which I really want to through a potato on. So far I threwbone into Rhino and Nezha, and I got Trinity Prime and Umbra that came with one... and I got around 6 reactors left. Course I also got like 8 catalysts left after Hek, Ignis Wealth, and my Is this Prime. Sad thing is I used one on Hek and I am a skip away from Vaylor Hek right now. Worth it? I did get get through most of the starchart using it.

All this without yet getting the Twitch Prime resource boosters yet... waiting til Friday for it to not waste time usage because I got real life crap taking up most of Wednesday and Thursday.

Warframes, Archwings, K-Drives, Companions (Sentinels, Moas, Kavats and Kubrows) earn you the most Mastery points (6000 when you level it up from 0 to 30 the first time).
    Weapons (of all kind) is the second biggest source of xp with 3000 per weapon.
    Doing maps and junctions for the first time will also give you more points (although not as much. Missions will only yield an average of 65xp and junctions will give you 1000).

To get from 10 to 12 you need 110,000xp. If you did it purely through weapons it would be 37 new weapons

Slight correction, 9,000 per warframe, 300 per level.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Wierd bug last night, I logged in and all my appearance customisations had been reset to default. This happened to anyone else? Was it something I did?

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Wierd bug last night, I logged in and all my appearance customisations had been reset to default. This happened to anyone else? Was it something I did?

!

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry for your loss.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Next unvaultings are for Frost Prime and Ember Prime

Sounds like they'll rotate in when the current unvaultings rotate out which is a lot quicker than I was expecting.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I suppose they may be trying to get the new Switch economy "caught up" in some sense.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Oh dammit they're just cycling the next vault in right away? I was looking forward to getting the mesa relics on the bounty drop tables.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Next unvaultings are for Frost Prime and Ember Prime

Sounds like they'll rotate in when the current unvaultings rotate out which is a lot quicker than I was expecting.

Nice, I was hoping for Volt since I think he's been out the longest, but I don't have either of Frost or Ember so this works great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Oh dammit they're just cycling the next vault in right away? I was looking forward to getting the mesa relics on the bounty drop tables.

Some do pop up on the ghoul bounty tables so there's some reason to pay attention when Spacemom sends you another voicemail about ghouls.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Some do pop up on the ghoul bounty tables so there's some reason to pay attention when Spacemom sends you another voicemail about ghouls.

They also make up the majority of Void mission relics. IIRC running the capture missions over and over are the single fastest way to grind the relics that drop from them by quite a margin.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    What a weird feeling, my first unvaulting where I already own all the main stuff. I think the only thing I'm missing out of it is that Pyra Prime Syandana :p

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    ok today was weird af.
    so i did the umbra quest over the weekend. today i had logged in to queue up another forma, because im messing with the new patch in WoW, and i was alt tabbed, but could still see part of the game on the side of my screen. So i was in my warframe and sitting on the table where the market is was my operator with "bellas's" eyes. and he was talking to me about remembering that i killed isaah. Then the operator image just disappeared. was weird af.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    ok today was weird af.
    so i did the umbra quest over the weekend. today i had logged in to queue up another forma, because im messing with the new patch in WoW, and i was alt tabbed, but could still see part of the game on the side of my screen. So i was in my warframe and sitting on the table where the market is was my operator with "bellas's" eyes. and he was talking to me about remembering that i killed isaah. Then the operator image just disappeared. was weird af.
    Rumors of the Void having sentience in the form of a primordial cosmic horror that awakened when operators unlocked their void powers are purely speculation and conjecture, kiddo.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Well I haven't really seriously played Warframe in a long time now, I'm kind of in a holding pattern logging in for daily rewards and I'm not sure why I'm doing that. Other games to play, other things going on.

Does anyone else playing on Switch want guild administrator rights?

Or if no one else wants it, I have no problem with someone @ing me or PMing me here if anything needs to be done.

@UncleSporky try giving it to Jothki ?

Giving me too much power would be a terrible idea, I'd be too tempted to actually use it.

https://youtu.be/Z17rrnRRHDM

I'm thinking more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkYfmRwryQo

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I actually can't promote @jothki any higher, but at general rank he can do literally all the same things a dojo owner can. However I would be worried if I stopped playing that they might do some weird thing like the leader hasn't been on for 6 months, dojo is deleted. I don't see how to transfer ownership. When I try to promote him to warlord it says I have insufficient privileges...as warlord myself.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    @Daimar No. 6000 per warframe, just like every other non-weapon. I don't know where you get 9000 from.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I actually can't promote @jothki any higher, but at general rank he can do literally all the same things a dojo owner can. However I would be worried if I stopped playing that they might do some weird thing like the leader hasn't been on for 6 months, dojo is deleted. I don't see how to transfer ownership. When I try to promote him to warlord it says I have insufficient privileges...as warlord myself.

I don't think non-owners can change the announcement message.

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular

Poking around about this, I don't see any notes about this here:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200049929-Clan-Alliance-and-Dojo-Guide

But I see a variety of reports of others experiencing the same issue (e.g. Founder leaves, and later Warlords receive the same response when trying to promote others to Warlord, even though their permissions are set correctly). Consensus seems to be to file a ticket w/ DE, as much of a PITA as that may be.

Also, now I need to switch up who I'm brownnosing *again*?! Sheesh! :)

• Options
    I feel that I should state that I'm keeping track of who has and hasn't been pulling their weight in regards to dye contributions. As for what I'm going to be doing with that information if I'm given ownership...well, I'm keeping my options open for now.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Did they rearrange the Silva & Aegis Prime polarities at some point? Builds I'm looking up have slots without a polarity where I have one....

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Did they rearrange the Silva & Aegis Prime polarities at some point? Builds I'm looking up have slots without a polarity where I have one....
    As in it lacks the polarity entirely or it's in a different slot? Because after you have dumped a forma into a thing you are able to shuffle where its polarities are located.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Daimar No. 6000 per warframe, just like every other non-weapon. I don't know where you get 9000 from.

Huh, for some reason I picked up 300 per rank back when I started for warframes only. No idea where it came from but looks like I was wrong.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    What's coming up next with the Switch clan? What are we aiming to build or research next? Or is there something specific we need to do in order to allow more members?

• Options
    What's coming up next with the Switch clan? What are we aiming to build or research next? Or is there something specific we need to do in order to allow more members?

We've gotten most of the cheap stuff out of the way, all that's left is a bunch of stuff in the bio lab that needs mutagen samples and a few items with ridiculous requirements.

We're at ten people now, we can have room for more if we build a barracks but that will triple costs for everything. Sporky wants to get out, though, and there's a member who hasn't logged in for three weeks, so we may have two slots open in the near future.

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    What do we need to contribute for dyes?

I haven't dropped much, but is there somewhere I can look to see what's currently needed?

• Options
    Tiberon Prime has become my go to primary for PoE and Orb Vallis bounties. While I vastly prefer the Supra Vandal or shotguns for indoor maps, the longer ranges you deal with favor hitscan rifles and while many people love sniper rifles on those maps I figure someone should handle killing things in quick succession if they get closer (though since I tend to run those missions in Mesa that is arguably already covered).

Plus it's still a good performing on indoor maps if I forget to swap it out. Being able to go full auto is handy for dealing with larger enemy groups containing weaker enemies like Infested or some Corpus maps.

I'll likely swap back to a shotgun when I'm done leveling another throwaway secondary and can reequip a hitscan kitgun since Pax Seeker is far too entertaining but it's good to have something I can use to pick enemies off of dropships in the meantime.

Steam Profile
  • Options

We've gotten most of the cheap stuff out of the way, all that's left is a bunch of stuff in the bio lab that needs mutagen samples and a few items with ridiculous requirements.

We're at ten people now, we can have room for more if we build a barracks but that will triple costs for everything. Sporky wants to get out, though, and there's a member who hasn't logged in for three weeks, so we may have two slots open in the near future.

Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by tripling costs?

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

When you increase the cap on the number of people in your clan, the costs of all research and (I think?) room construction goes up as well, relative to the increase in space. This is so smaller clans can also finish stuff while making sure larger clans aren't entirely carried in their research by one or two players who never sleep.

The first jump triples the member cap from 10 to 30, so the cost of all research will be tripled as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

When you increase the cap on the number of people in your clan, the costs of all research and (I think?) room construction goes up as well, relative to the increase in space. This is so smaller clans can also finish stuff while making sure larger clans aren't entirely carried in their research by one or two players who never sleep.

The first jump triples the member cap from 10 to 30, so the cost of all research will be tripled as well.

Aaaah I see. Well that's annoying and unfortunate, to be sure.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    novaspike wrote: »
    What do we need to contribute for dyes?

I haven't dropped much, but is there somewhere I can look to see what's currently needed?

The dye research console is in the Tenno lab. In the back-right corner.

It took me looking it up on the wiki to find it. Also to find out how it works as the game seems terrified of ever actually explaining itself.

You will only see dye drops for the current research target and can hand them in at the console.

I checked earlier and a dye is processing so we won't be able to collect more until it's done.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Whats a good like laser machine gun i can pew pew with. I have a tenora for an assault rifle type thing but want something star wars blaster-esque. I just want it to actually be effective in some way as well. I did get a prisma weapon from the lasto baro which kinda fits the bill, but googling the weapon looks like its pretty shit.

Therr are so many weapons ive never heard of so just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions. Like 90% of random people i play with are using arca plasmor, amprex, or the ignis wraith, and just want to try something more interesting.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    For machine gun, There's the Supra Vandal. For a secondary weapon that feels like pew pew lasers, consider making a Rattleguts kitgun. I made myself a Rattleguts/Haymaker/Splat, and it is a very satifying pew pew feeling.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    As in it lacks the polarity entirely or it's in a different slot? Because after you have dumped a forma into a thing you are able to shuffle where its polarities are located.

Yeah different slot. I didn't know you could rearrange. That's super helpful.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I feel that I should state that I'm keeping track of who has and hasn't been pulling their weight in regards to dye contributions. As for what I'm going to be doing with that information if I'm given ownership...well, I'm keeping my options open for now.

dye contributions?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    IVARA'S NEUROPTICS FINALLY DROPPED

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

dye contributions?

Yeah, the clan can research dyes to customize their dojo, and they require special drops from various enemies.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

...Now I wish I hadn't filed a ticket saying to make jothki the emperor-god-king.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    So I wound up using my 50% coupon on Harrow this weekend (with just a couple hours to spare before it expired) and wow, Space Pope is pretty fantastic. Equinox came out of the oven yesterday, and so far I like them a lot, too.

Just had the last two Revenant part BPs drop for me earlier (I somehow lucked into his Neuroptics really early on), took a look at the build requirements, and oh boy. Guess I can't put off Eidolon hunting any longer! :)

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Finally worked up the nerve to try out sorties. I did the ones yesterday and today, and got scultures for my trouble. I guess that's a...common...experience, though.

Do you have 350k endo in reserve for Primed Mods?

Don't look down on statues.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Space Mom best Mom 2019.

I'm not too sure about Space Grandma though.

She seems kinda cosmic horrory.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Space Mom best Mom 2019.

I'm not too sure about Space Grandma though.

She seems kinda cosmic horrory.

I love space grandma

BahamutZERO.gif