Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

18889919394100

Posts

  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I finally reached that archwing rush mission that one guy (I don't remember who it was) was talking about so many pages back. Originally I was thinking "It can't be THAT bad" ... famous last words. I have failed that mission at least 20 times now. I followed the advice ... took it slow and killed all the magnet things, speed on the straightaways and was barely getting halfway to the dock. I just have a couple of things to vent about:

    1. Lotus ... your ass can't start me closer to where the actual transport ships are huh. Yeah, start me all the way on the other side of the map ... AND I have to catch them ... LULZ.
    2. Okay ... so I can't fly outside the ship too huh. I gotta find my way through a freakin maze with no map ... ROTL.
    3. Oh and by the way yeah ... drop me in with like 2 minutes to cover 12000 miles (Yes I know its meters but it might as well be miles)
    4. And the worst part ... it's only like 30 seconds max between the first and last transport leaving. I'm supposed to stop them ... How?

    I finally get there where I suppose the dock is before the last ship leaves and I'm now disoriented with no marker pointing me towards my objective. Cool. I know it's doable but I'm feeling like I'm fighting against the map, time, mines, and Lotus here.

    Not to mention my Internet still sucks. Well, the silver lining my ISP is supposed to be upgrading us to fiber this week. Let's see if my game that keeps kicking me out every hour on the hour is going to continue to do this after the upgrade. I'm burnt out right now. Archwing rush can kiss my balls and lick my boongie hole tonight ... I'll try again tomorrow.

    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    BahamutZERORed Raevynironsizide
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Today was pretty productive. Finished the jordas precept quest. Killing the golem with basically zero archwing mods took like 20 minutes of just shooting... it was terrible. Then i dont even get atlas?! i would have to farm that crap more to get the pieces, pass. Then i farmed the arena/kela like all day, pausing if a nitain alert came up or something. Took like 25 tries but i finally got the damned systems, so the 3 saryn parts are cooking. Then i also did the umbra quest, and while the story was kinda cool, having to fight him with an unupgraded spoiler mode was tedious. Though umbra is crazy tanky. I also formad my rubico prime like 4 times, and also rhino maybe twice. that 7 day affinity boost from twitch prime was pretty clutch for this weekend. also have nezha and inaros cooking along with arca plasmor and like 4 other weapons ive never heard of before. I also built and leveled a phantasma because people said it is ubergood, im not sure i really care for it. and thats my blogframe for this weekend. but i guess there is tomorrow too because federal holidays. but i have to do grownup things like dishes and laundry.

    Why are you trying to rush through quests without the power level needed to enjoy them? It's a bit like going to a movie and then slamming a door on your fingers over and over.

    At the least, ask some of us for basic mods so you'll enjoy them more. Basic mods aren't a luxury, they're a requirement.

    Basil
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Heh. The PUG I'm grinding Hydron with just laid waste to the Speedbump Three in less time than it took to type this.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    ironsizide
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    You can often find help for the Jordas golem in LFG chat too. If you get someone with their stuff all kitted out they can kill him in a few minutes. I think I kill it in about 5-6 minutes which is still heaps better than before I potatoed a Velocitus. Doing it before that was nothing I cared to repeat.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Well, it took us like a year, but found myself with both types of resource boosters at the same time so myself, @dporowski, and some fine folks from the recruiting channel finished up something that's been a long time coming for the Unavoidable Dojo Prerequisite.
    https://xboxclips.com/cZb557/e787b80f-0878-4440-a1dc-ebac6ffe5963

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    dporowskiBasil
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I finally reached that archwing rush mission that one guy (I don't remember who it was) was talking about so many pages back. Originally I was thinking "It can't be THAT bad" ... famous last words. I have failed that mission at least 20 times now. I followed the advice ... took it slow and killed all the magnet things, speed on the straightaways and was barely getting halfway to the dock. I just have a couple of things to vent about:

    1. Lotus ... your ass can't start me closer to where the actual transport ships are huh. Yeah, start me all the way on the other side of the map ... AND I have to catch them ... LULZ.
    2. Okay ... so I can't fly outside the ship too huh. I gotta find my way through a freakin maze with no map ... ROTL.
    3. Oh and by the way yeah ... drop me in with like 2 minutes to cover 12000 miles (Yes I know its meters but it might as well be miles)
    4. And the worst part ... it's only like 30 seconds max between the first and last transport leaving. I'm supposed to stop them ... How?

    I finally get there where I suppose the dock is before the last ship leaves and I'm now disoriented with no marker pointing me towards my objective. Cool. I know it's doable but I'm feeling like I'm fighting against the map, time, mines, and Lotus here.

    Not to mention my Internet still sucks. Well, the silver lining my ISP is supposed to be upgrading us to fiber this week. Let's see if my game that keeps kicking me out every hour on the hour is going to continue to do this after the upgrade. I'm burnt out right now. Archwing rush can kiss my balls and lick my boongie hole tonight ... I'll try again tomorrow.

    Once you get the hang of it (i.e. actually make it to the transports) you only have to kill one to pass the mission. My two bits of advice are make sure you're shooting the shield drones and don't necessarily go after the targeted transport (if it has a target it's getting ready to leave and you might not have time to kill the stupid drones).

  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Doing The Sacrifice now.
    I'm on the second level now. I brought in Excalibur and failed miserably, but perhaps not as miserably as I might have.

    Are there any alternatives other than spending weeks turning my Operator into a badass or Valkyr cheese? Valkyr cheese will probably do it for me, it worked really well in the Octavia quest.

  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Doing The Sacrifice now.
    I'm on the second level now. I brought in Excalibur and failed miserably, but perhaps not as miserably as I might have.

    Are there any alternatives other than spending weeks turning my Operator into a badass or Valkyr cheese? Valkyr cheese will probably do it for me, it worked really well in the Octavia quest.
    If you're still on a Mote, upgrading to not a mote is a solid first step. Ultimately those parts are a pain even with a bufferator, so bringing in a meatframe for the heavy lifting may be a good idea, though I don't recall if they made it so you HAD to use kiddo mode during it or not.

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    cB557manwiththemachinegun
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Doing The Sacrifice now.
    I'm on the second level now. I brought in Excalibur and failed miserably, but perhaps not as miserably as I might have.

    Are there any alternatives other than spending weeks turning my Operator into a badass or Valkyr cheese? Valkyr cheese will probably do it for me, it worked really well in the Octavia quest.
    If you're still on a Mote, upgrading to not a mote is a solid first step. Ultimately those parts are a pain even with a bufferator, so bringing in a meatframe for the heavy lifting may be a good idea, though I don't recall if they made it so you HAD to use kiddo mode during it or not.
    Yep, you do need it. You use Void Blast to make it vulnable. I believe you also need the Amp to do damage, but I'm not sure.

    And yes, get a 111 Amp. It's so much better than the Mote it's not even funny.

    On fire
    .
    Island. Being on fire.
    Commander Zoom
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Doing The Sacrifice now.
    I'm on the second level now. I brought in Excalibur and failed miserably, but perhaps not as miserably as I might have.

    Are there any alternatives other than spending weeks turning my Operator into a badass or Valkyr cheese? Valkyr cheese will probably do it for me, it worked really well in the Octavia quest.
    If you're still on a Mote, upgrading to not a mote is a solid first step. Ultimately those parts are a pain even with a bufferator, so bringing in a meatframe for the heavy lifting may be a good idea, though I don't recall if they made it so you HAD to use kiddo mode during it or not.
    Yep, you do need it. You use Void Blast to make it vulnable. I believe you also need the Amp to do damage, but I'm not sure.

    And yes, get a 111 Amp. It's so much better than the Mote it's not even funny.
    The grind is going to be significantly hindered for me by the fact that Vomvalysts don't exist outside of Teralyst fights.

  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited January 21
    jothki wrote: »
    Nought wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Doing The Sacrifice now.
    I'm on the second level now. I brought in Excalibur and failed miserably, but perhaps not as miserably as I might have.

    Are there any alternatives other than spending weeks turning my Operator into a badass or Valkyr cheese? Valkyr cheese will probably do it for me, it worked really well in the Octavia quest.
    If you're still on a Mote, upgrading to not a mote is a solid first step. Ultimately those parts are a pain even with a bufferator, so bringing in a meatframe for the heavy lifting may be a good idea, though I don't recall if they made it so you HAD to use kiddo mode during it or not.
    Yep, you do need it. You use Void Blast to make it vulnable. I believe you also need the Amp to do damage, but I'm not sure.

    And yes, get a 111 Amp. It's so much better than the Mote it's not even funny.
    The grind is going to be significantly hindered for me by the fact that Vomvalysts don't exist outside of Teralyst fights.

    Oh. Right.

    Edit:
    I guess that the only consolation about that is that I farmed the first two lvls of Quills by my self on the plains, and I really really wish I had just joined a PUG Terry kill afew times.

    I know that's not helpful, but farming them with the basic spoiler is very close to unnecessary self flagellation.

    Nought on
    On fire
    .
    Island. Being on fire.
    Commander Zoom
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    You can often find help for the Jordas golem in LFG chat too. If you get someone with their stuff all kitted out they can kill him in a few minutes. I think I kill it in about 5-6 minutes which is still heaps better than before I potatoed a Velocitus. Doing it before that was nothing I cared to repeat.

    I had @jeix help me with that and it only took a minute per run with him. I dont know what he was using, but we were in and out repeatedly. Im super glad too because I was not having fun before we optimized our archwings for it, it was so slow and boring and just shitty without someone being super crazy geared.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Red Raevyn
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Nought wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Doing The Sacrifice now.
    I'm on the second level now. I brought in Excalibur and failed miserably, but perhaps not as miserably as I might have.

    Are there any alternatives other than spending weeks turning my Operator into a badass or Valkyr cheese? Valkyr cheese will probably do it for me, it worked really well in the Octavia quest.
    If you're still on a Mote, upgrading to not a mote is a solid first step. Ultimately those parts are a pain even with a bufferator, so bringing in a meatframe for the heavy lifting may be a good idea, though I don't recall if they made it so you HAD to use kiddo mode during it or not.
    Yep, you do need it. You use Void Blast to make it vulnable. I believe you also need the Amp to do damage, but I'm not sure.

    And yes, get a 111 Amp. It's so much better than the Mote it's not even funny.
    The grind is going to be significantly hindered for me by the fact that Vomvalysts don't exist outside of Teralyst fights.
    If you are desperate enough, cores drop from Sentients on Lua as well.

    steam_sig.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Reactor BP on PC for the next hour.

    steam_sig.png
    CorriganX
  • metaghostmetaghost Registered User regular
    Does anyone in the PS4 Alliance have access to the Ignis Wraith blueprint?

    Bandcamp (I make weird rap music) / PSN: Mugen_Kikaider
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    edited January 21
    jothki wrote: »
    Doing The Sacrifice now.
    I'm on the second level now. I brought in Excalibur and failed miserably, but perhaps not as miserably as I might have.

    Are there any alternatives other than spending weeks turning my Operator into a badass or Valkyr cheese? Valkyr cheese will probably do it for me, it worked really well in the Octavia quest.

    As someone who just id that whole questline...
    i used trinity And basically just ran away the whole time. You can pop out the operator shoot it for a few seconds and pop back in the frame before he kills the operator. If you do that it wont put you in the frame at like zero shield to get pummeled. Popping in and out of the frame seemed much faster. Also any time you see green pop back into the frame too or it will just kill you. On a later mission you can basically just keep dying and graveyard zerg it. It is doable to beat it with the basic mote, but it does take a while.

    everyone keeps saying get the 111 amp and i dont even know what that means. Is that just get the 3 different parts from the rank above zero with the quills? I think i would have to grind out on the plains for a bit to get cores for that, but dont have cetus rep to refine the gems/ore to even make them.

    Also what mission is best to actually level archwing stuff and get arch mods. Because my basic archwing isnt even maxed out and i have almost zero mods for it, let alone actually upgraded mods. So even stuff on like neptune is basically impossible.

    Enigmedic on
    3ds FC: 0645 - 7166 - 9801
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    edited January 21
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Today was pretty productive. Finished the jordas precept quest. Killing the golem with basically zero archwing mods took like 20 minutes of just shooting... it was terrible. Then i dont even get atlas?! i would have to farm that crap more to get the pieces, pass. Then i farmed the arena/kela like all day, pausing if a nitain alert came up or something. Took like 25 tries but i finally got the damned systems, so the 3 saryn parts are cooking. Then i also did the umbra quest, and while the story was kinda cool, having to fight him with an unupgraded spoiler mode was tedious. Though umbra is crazy tanky. I also formad my rubico prime like 4 times, and also rhino maybe twice. that 7 day affinity boost from twitch prime was pretty clutch for this weekend. also have nezha and inaros cooking along with arca plasmor and like 4 other weapons ive never heard of before. I also built and leveled a phantasma because people said it is ubergood, im not sure i really care for it. and thats my blogframe for this weekend. but i guess there is tomorrow too because federal holidays. but i have to do grownup things like dishes and laundry.

    Why are you trying to rush through quests without the power level needed to enjoy them? It's a bit like going to a movie and then slamming a door on your fingers over and over.

    At the least, ask some of us for basic mods so you'll enjoy them more. Basic mods aren't a luxury, they're a requirement.


    It was more there was zero indication i would have to use those unupgraded things in those quests, then once i was in them i was too stubborn to lose.

    That was supposed to be an edit not double post, yay phone things...

    Enigmedic on
    3ds FC: 0645 - 7166 - 9801
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited January 21
    jothki wrote: »
    Nought wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Doing The Sacrifice now.
    I'm on the second level now. I brought in Excalibur and failed miserably, but perhaps not as miserably as I might have.

    Are there any alternatives other than spending weeks turning my Operator into a badass or Valkyr cheese? Valkyr cheese will probably do it for me, it worked really well in the Octavia quest.
    If you're still on a Mote, upgrading to not a mote is a solid first step. Ultimately those parts are a pain even with a bufferator, so bringing in a meatframe for the heavy lifting may be a good idea, though I don't recall if they made it so you HAD to use kiddo mode during it or not.
    Yep, you do need it. You use Void Blast to make it vulnable. I believe you also need the Amp to do damage, but I'm not sure.

    And yes, get a 111 Amp. It's so much better than the Mote it's not even funny.
    The grind is going to be significantly hindered for me by the fact that Vomvalysts don't exist outside of Teralyst fights.

    ... except they DO exist outside of Teralyst fights? All you have to do is go to the Plains at night and hang out around lake edges or near Eidolon Lures. Seriously. Put yourself in Solo Queue and like... go fishing at night, you'll get hassled by Vomvalysts while you're trying to fish.

    The Teralyst might even spawn, but in free roam mode you can just ignore it.

    Also, if you really want to kill a Teralyst, I'm MORE than happy to help; I've got a Trinity kitted out specifically for that fight. We'll want to grab some other people with stronger Spoiler Modes (mine has a 111 Amp but I don't do a lot of damage yet) but it's seriously not that bad. (Unless you're not on PC, then I can't help you.)

    *edit* I've also NEVER had a Core drop from a Lua Sentient, but I've also ONLY ever encountered those Sentients in Quests. Still.

    Lucid_Seraph on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    He's mentioned before that the vomvalyst spawn rate on Switch seems to be way lower, to the point they might as well not exist.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Apparently (1) they're not on PC, and (2) on Switch, those don't free-roam the Plains at night.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited January 21
    Apparently (1) they're not on PC, and (2) on Switch, those don't free-roam the Plains at night.

    Oh weird. That's... awful D: And stupid. Wtf? Have people reported/complained about that?
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    everyone keeps saying get the 111 amp and i dont even know what that means. Is that just get the 3 different parts from the rank above zero with the quills? I think i would have to grind out on the plains for a bit to get cores for that, but dont have cetus rep to refine the gems/ore to even make them.
    .

    Yes, it's the first 3 parts from the 1st rank with Quills. Amp parts are numbered 1-4 for Cetus Quills, and then uh 5-whatever for Fortuna Quills. Thus, a 124 Amp means an Amp using a Prism from Rank 1 Quills, a Scaffold from Rank 2, and a Brace from Rank 4. It's just easier to write out than Raplak-Shraksun-Anspatha. 111 happens to be the cheapest to get, has a nice long-range shot with precise hitscan as a primary, and the secondary is a charged shot kinda like the Opticor that *wrecks* things.

    Lucid_Seraph on
    BobbleCommander Zoom
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited January 21

    ... except they DO exist outside of Teralyst fights? All you have to do is go to the Plains at night and hang out around lake edges or near Eidolon Lures. Seriously. Put yourself in Solo Queue and like... go fishing at night, you'll get hassled by Vomvalysts while you're trying to fish.

    There's a Switch bug where, outside of Teralyst fights, Vomvalysts just don't spawn (or spawn but outside the map/fall through the map, I forget the exact details and can't find a link at the moment).

    *edit* beat'd. So I'm not just parroting others, here's some horribly low res Switch fashionframing of Gara; I was trying to go with a seaglass sort of color scheme:
    xkhvf6cdmdyo.jpg
    1cl8dpzc22sc.jpg

    Anti-Sean on
    camo_sig.png
    CorriganXLucid_SeraphBobble
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Worked on getting Akvasto/Vasto pieces while I had a resource booster, mostly by hitting Axi missions in the Void.

    I have like 4 of the Akvasto Links but only 1 Vasto BP after stopping when full groups stopped showing up last night. Oh, and like 30 Argon Crystals. And that's after building every blueprint that took them on the market that I didn't already have mastered.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    A very productive weekend of farming after taking a couple weeks off. Mesa Prime and Chroma Prime are in the cooker now, Redeemer Prime, Gram Prime, Destreza Prime, Soma Prime all done. Working on finishing off more Vasto prime/Akvasto prime bits along with AkJagara Prime.

    have two more nodes to finish off then the map is clear, working on maxing out Fortuna U and Vox Solaris rep as well, need to farm more Toroids.

    NipsBahamutZERO
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 21
    You can totally beat that mission line with the mote. I sure did!

    I still haven't worked up the desire to torment myself by farming anything to do with sentients.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    Ivan Hunger
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Nought wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Doing The Sacrifice now.
    I'm on the second level now. I brought in Excalibur and failed miserably, but perhaps not as miserably as I might have.

    Are there any alternatives other than spending weeks turning my Operator into a badass or Valkyr cheese? Valkyr cheese will probably do it for me, it worked really well in the Octavia quest.
    If you're still on a Mote, upgrading to not a mote is a solid first step. Ultimately those parts are a pain even with a bufferator, so bringing in a meatframe for the heavy lifting may be a good idea, though I don't recall if they made it so you HAD to use kiddo mode during it or not.
    Yep, you do need it. You use Void Blast to make it vulnable. I believe you also need the Amp to do damage, but I'm not sure.

    And yes, get a 111 Amp. It's so much better than the Mote it's not even funny.
    The grind is going to be significantly hindered for me by the fact that Vomvalysts don't exist outside of Teralyst fights.

    @jothki If you're still around when I get home in a few hours I can take you through at least 2 Eidolons. Should get you enough to get the amp.

    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro / PSN: DocDaft
    Nought
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    god fucking damn it, I forgot to migrate my account to Switch and I never saw any indicator of when it would be ending, ugh

    Basil
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Gotta check in more often! It was posted in the thread a bunch and there was a flashing thing on the in-game news thing too (right of your nav panel). Still, sorry you missed it.

  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Finished up The Second Dream last night.
    So I'm a child now, though I guess I always was. I manged to have my Operator come out really cute though so I'm happy with that.

    Those last missions on Lua were super easy to just rush through, I wasn't expecting that, though the Stalker did almost stun-lock me into a corner at the end. Also the Stalker had never spawned up in my game before this, even though I had received plenty of those threatening e-mails, so it was weird from a narrative perspective that he would have this grudge against me.

    Did anyone else get the sense that Stalker was an adult Tenno that missed out on the cryo or something, and went crazy from the Void after all this time.

    BobbleTOGSolidLucid_SeraphSkeith
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Finished up The Second Dream last night.
    So I'm a child now, though I guess I always was. I manged to have my Operator come out really cute though so I'm happy with that.

    Those last missions on Lua were super easy to just rush through, I wasn't expecting that, though the Stalker did almost stun-lock me into a corner at the end. Also the Stalker had never spawned up in my game before this, even though I had received plenty of those threatening e-mails, so it was weird from a narrative perspective that he would have this grudge against me.

    Did anyone else get the sense that Stalker was an adult Tenno that missed out on the cryo or something, and went crazy from the Void after all this time.
    Stalker has some lore fragments that shed more light on his background if you scan him enough times. He's yet to be fully explained but one gets the sense of why he would have a grudge against the Tenno.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited January 21
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Finished up The Second Dream last night.
    So I'm a child now, though I guess I always was. I manged to have my Operator come out really cute though so I'm happy with that.

    Those last missions on Lua were super easy to just rush through, I wasn't expecting that, though the Stalker did almost stun-lock me into a corner at the end. Also the Stalker had never spawned up in my game before this, even though I had received plenty of those threatening e-mails, so it was weird from a narrative perspective that he would have this grudge against me.

    Did anyone else get the sense that Stalker was an adult Tenno that missed out on the cryo or something, and went crazy from the Void after all this time.
    Stalker has some lore fragments that shed more light on his background if you scan him enough times. He's yet to be fully explained but one gets the sense of why he would have a grudge against the Tenno.
    Like I said, he had never spawned, but I guess I need to take Helios out more. Good to know there is something talking about him, even if the roundabout way DE does most lore.

    Hellbore on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 21
    edit: whoops

    Crippl3 on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Finished up The Second Dream last night.
    So I'm a child now, though I guess I always was. I manged to have my Operator come out really cute though so I'm happy with that.

    Those last missions on Lua were super easy to just rush through, I wasn't expecting that, though the Stalker did almost stun-lock me into a corner at the end. Also the Stalker had never spawned up in my game before this, even though I had received plenty of those threatening e-mails, so it was weird from a narrative perspective that he would have this grudge against me.

    Did anyone else get the sense that Stalker was an adult Tenno that missed out on the cryo or something, and went crazy from the Void after all this time.
    Stalker has some lore fragments that shed more light on his background if you scan him enough times. He's yet to be fully explained but one gets the sense of why he would have a grudge against the Tenno.
    Like I said, he had never spawned, but I guess I need to take Helios out more. Good to know there is something talking about him, even if the roundabout way DE does most lore.
    IIRC normal Stalker can only appear if none of the players have done Second Dream. If you always grouped outside of quests odds are 90% of the time you were with someone who had already done it, so any time Stalker *would* have spawned was blocked.

    Anyway, if you want to know Stalker's codex lore:
    they were a Tenno who didn't go along with the whole "Murder the Orokin and cause the collapse of the Empire before vanishing off the face of the system" plan. And had been stuck wandering around for the last few centuries with the guilt of not doing something because of it.

    steam_sig.png
    HellboreBobble
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited January 21
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Finished up The Second Dream last night.
    So I'm a child now, though I guess I always was. I manged to have my Operator come out really cute though so I'm happy with that.

    Those last missions on Lua were super easy to just rush through, I wasn't expecting that, though the Stalker did almost stun-lock me into a corner at the end. Also the Stalker had never spawned up in my game before this, even though I had received plenty of those threatening e-mails, so it was weird from a narrative perspective that he would have this grudge against me.

    Did anyone else get the sense that Stalker was an adult Tenno that missed out on the cryo or something, and went crazy from the Void after all this time.
    Stalker has some lore fragments that shed more light on his background if you scan him enough times. He's yet to be fully explained but one gets the sense of why he would have a grudge against the Tenno.
    Like I said, he had never spawned, but I guess I need to take Helios out more. Good to know there is something talking about him, even if the roundabout way DE does most lore.
    IIRC normal Stalker can only appear if none of the players have done Second Dream. If you always grouped outside of quests odds are 90% of the time you were with someone who had already done it, so any time Stalker *would* have spawned was blocked.

    Anyway, if you want to know Stalker's codex lore:
    they were a Tenno who didn't go along with the whole "Murder the Orokin and cause the collapse of the Empire before vanishing off the face of the system" plan. And had been stuck wandering around for the last few centuries with the guilt of not doing something because of it.

    Thanks for this.

    E: Is it just me or is the Equinox grind the most ridiculous of the early boss dropped Frames. Eight pieces with no guarantee of not getting a double-up is insane.

    Hellbore on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    It's MLK Jr. Day in the US. I found out about this earlier today, it's an old news broadcast interview with him from just less than a year before he was assassinated.

    @Crippl3 Wrong tab?

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 21
    I think Warframe is the only game that punishes you for seven days for committing the offense of playing with other players.

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Basildipuc4life
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I'm trying to decide what to focus on next, now that I've finished War Within and gotten to Sedna and Eris.

    I've thought about building out Dread or Hek to improve my ability to contribute to level 50+ content without relying on Valkyr so much as a crutch, but I haven't actually used that many weapons, so maybe it's premature. Plus I don't have Hell's Chamber, Scattered Justice, or any toxic mod for Hek.

    I guess what I really need more than anything is slots so I can experiment more liberally with stuff, but my platinum value is mostly tied up in excess Nova chasses that will be worth more after she's vaulted and random uncommons that I don't know how to sell efficiently.

    I also need to farm toxic mods from Eris and Ivara parts from Spy missions, and I think it's possible to get some somewhat valuable mods from those, so I could try that first. I wouldn't really have room for for Ivara even if I got her, though.

    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 21
    Stalker it's implied
    found his purpose and meaning serving the Orokin. Why we don't know, but one of his hidden codex entries shows his horror at the Tenno betrayal and slaughter of Orokin leadership at the post Sentient victory celebration. The reason he works to avenge bosses is he hates the Tenno for being judge and executioner, either because he believed in the Orokin or lived and suffered through the dark age that followed without entering cryo. In current times he sees himself as an agent of Justice.

    manwiththemachinegun on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    It's MLK Jr. Day in the US. I found out about this earlier today, it's an old news broadcast interview with him from just less than a year before he was assassinated.

    @Crippl3 Wrong tab?

    whoops yeah, opened both this and the youtube thread lmao

  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide what to focus on next, now that I've finished War Within and gotten to Sedna and Eris.

    I've thought about building out Dread or Hek to improve my ability to contribute to level 50+ content without relying on Valkyr so much as a crutch, but I haven't actually used that many weapons, so maybe it's premature. Plus I don't have Hell's Chamber, Scattered Justice, or any toxic mod for Hek.

    I guess what I really need more than anything is slots so I can experiment more liberally with stuff, but my platinum value is mostly tied up in excess Nova chasses that will be worth more after she's vaulted and random uncommons that I don't know how to sell efficiently.

    I also need to farm toxic mods from Eris and Ivara parts from Spy missions, and I think it's possible to get some somewhat valuable mods from those, so I could try that first. I wouldn't really have room for for Ivara even if I got her, though.

    Ivara has a fun kit to play with.

    As long as you make sure to get all 3 vaults per run, it should only take you ~2-3 runs per piece.

    Do not do the spy missions on Uranus though. Fuck that planet.

    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Hellbore
Sign In or Register to comment.