As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    Banshee Prime is getting vaulted in like 3 days, along with Euphona Prime and Helios Prime.

But, Division 2

*farms endless relics*

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Banshee Prime is getting vaulted in like 3 days, along with Euphona Prime and Helios Prime.

speaking of if anyone has Helios Prime Neuroptics I will literally give you platinum or a Basillica Prime blueprint

I am bloody desperate

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Arca Scisco, for those 100m headshots, @cB557 ?

L9C3upb.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9g41nH9so0

It was a Cestra riven, but the dream... that's what counts.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I see these messages about watching the twitch stream to get free stuff but how does it work? Yeah, I know that reading is fundamental and comprehension is just mental but ... I only signed up for twitch to get the free prime stuff and never used twitch before. How do I get the freebies?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I see these messages about watching the twitch stream to get free stuff but how does it work? Yeah, I know that reading is fundamental and comprehension is just mental but ... I only signed up for twitch to get the free prime stuff and never used twitch before. How do I get the freebies?

If you have linked your twitch account to warframe (which I think you have to have done to have redeemed the prime things), search twitch for a warframe stream that says "twitch drops". Leave that stream running in the background, and every so often you will get mailed rewards in game.

Make sure you're logged into you twitch account while you're watching.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    watching basically anyone streaming warframe counts I think?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Yeah during the current event anyone playing Warframe will get you drops.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Well balls. I still haven't managed to get the Euphona Prime receiver. I imagine prices must have spiked too.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Well balls. I still haven't managed to get the Euphona Prime receiver. I imagine prices must have spiked too.

Prices have definitely spiked. 10 days ago it was at a stable 29 platinum. Now it's at 50 platinum.
    Gonna do some axi-farming today.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden

Prices have definitely spiked. 10 days ago it was at a stable 29 platinum. Now it's at 50 platinum.
    Gonna do some axi-farming today.

Bleeegh. I don't have time to roll the excavation roulette, either, hoping for the one Axi that drops it and then hope that it actually drops. Not sure it's worth dropping 50 plat on it, either.

Don't do trades when you're half-sleep...

Was looking for more veiled rivens to open. Saw a guy selling two pistol rivens for 30p each. I invite him and he says 100p total in squad chat. my subconscious recognized this wasn't right, so I cancelled the trade he initiated. But I somehow also thought that I was buying them for 60p each—which is a bananas and nobody in their right mind would do this, go figure—and he was giving me a 20p discount for buying both and that I was being silly for failing at not recognizing this, and so I buy the rivens for 100p. Guy asks me after the trade if I meant to do that, and I tell him that he said "60 in trade then 100p total in chat", and that I was used to expecting changes in price up, not down, so it was confusing. He just says "Ok."

A few minutes later, the haze clears and I ask if he's the 30p guy and he's like "What??? Yeah" and then says "your not in my squad?"

I tell him it's cool, as I can't fault him for whatever just happened and log. But uh, Lesson learned.

edited December 2018

Was looking for more veiled rivens to open. Saw a guy selling two pistol rivens for 30p each. I invite him and he says 100p total in squad chat. my subconscious recognized this wasn't right, so I cancelled the trade he initiated. But I somehow also thought that I was buying them for 60p each—which is a bananas and nobody in their right mind would do this, go figure—and he was giving me a 20p discount for buying both and that I was being silly for failing at not recognizing this, and so I buy the rivens for 100p. Guy asks me after the trade if I meant to do that, and I tell him that he said "60 in trade then 100p total in chat", and that I was used to expecting changes in price up, not down, so it was confusing. He just says "Ok."

A few minutes later, the haze clears and I ask if he's the 30p guy and he's like "What??? Yeah" and then says "your not in my squad?"

I tell him it's cool, as I can't fault him for whatever just happened and log. But uh, Lesson learned.

If you want unveiled pistol rivens I think I have one or two I couldn't be arsed to open in my inventory? I'm at least quite sure I never opened one that required 16 syndicate medallions because that seemed boring.

Drascin on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

If you want unveiled pistol rivens I think I have one or two I couldn't be arsed to open in my inventory? I'm at least quite sure I never opened one that required 16 syndicate medallions because that seemed boring.

Yeah I think I have 4 unveiled pistol rivens you can have. I never bothered to unveil them because I'm lazy lol

JtgVX0H.png
    ... Spoiler related things.
    THAT'S how you level operator abilities? You gotta put the Lens in a rank 30 thing!? WHY WASN'T THIS SAID TO ME IN GAME LITERALLY ANYWHERE oh right it's WArframe, we aint' gonna tell you shit.

Here I thought I was going to have to go kill Eidolons. No, I just need to pick a 'frame to stick the Lens on... looks like the best idea is a 'frame that kills with its powers a lot? So someone like Ember or Volt or Excal?

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    THAT'S how you level operator abilities? You gotta put the Lens in a rank 30 thing!? WHY WASN'T THIS SAID TO ME IN GAME LITERALLY ANYWHERE oh right it's WArframe, we aint' gonna tell you shit.

Here I thought I was going to have to go kill Eidolons. No, I just need to pick a 'frame to stick the Lens on... looks like the best idea is a 'frame that kills with its powers a lot? So someone like Ember or Volt or Excal?

Technically it is best to stick it on something you will use often and enjoy using. That way you can grind when you feel like it or just play and accrue it passively. But yeah something like what you mentioned is a good choice.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    It is one in a looooong list of features that were explained in the patch notes when it happened, with no actual ingame structure to explain it for anyone getting in after.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Decided to start a ruckus at the Spaceport hoping to acquire Vega Toroids.

Was not prepared for a million Comba units and those Vauban-wannabe dorks bopping me into the ceiling repeatedly.

After three deaths, I returned to base with a single Toroid and a Frost Jaw mod. Good enough, I guess.

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    furlion wrote: »

Technically it is best to stick it on something you will use often and enjoy using. That way you can grind when you feel like it or just play and accrue it passively. But yeah something like what you mentioned is a good choice.

Yeah while this is a nice sentiment, practically speaking you ain't gonna get shit for Focus any other way but Lensing something that kills with abilities a lot.

Equinox, Saryn, Volt, and Excal are premier Focus farmers in ESO.

Trying to do it "naturally" will get you a tiny trickle of Focus.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    You should probably also do some eidolon hunting though.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Yeah while this is a nice sentiment, practically speaking you ain't gonna get shit for Focus any other way but Lensing something that kills with abilities a lot.

Personally the benefits are not good enough to justify grinding for it either way. I used my Nova prime and am almost all the way done with the energy regen talent or whatever they call them. It is the only one out of the entire system that seems worthwhile to me. Once I get it maxed I will no longer bother with it at all. Plus ESO won't do shit if you aren't Saryn or not the only Saryn. To each their own though.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I've got all the passives unlocked, that's the extent of my caring about the current iteration. Makes the mandatory focus content that crops up here and there less of a pain.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Yeah, Eidolon Hunts let you circumvent the more arduous Focus grinds, but you also need to do some amount of Focus-grinding in order to properly contribute/participate in Gantulyst/Hydrolyst fights.

And while it's true that my focus yields doing ESO runs with Saryn/Volt are huge, it's also not such a great drop-off when I run with support stuff like Trinity or just want to derp with Rhino — as long as the arenas are tight and your allies are grouped well, the Focus gains will happen. However, ESO isn't really supposed to casually jump into at the start of Focus-progression. I'm not even sure when it unlocks in the New Player experience.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Personally the benefits are not good enough to justify grinding for it either way. I used my Nova prime and am almost all the way done with the energy regen talent or whatever they call them. It is the only one out of the entire system that seems worthwhile to me. Once I get it maxed I will no longer bother with it at all. Plus ESO won't do shit if you aren't Saryn or not the only Saryn. To each their own though.
    Well Nova Prime's actually decent for focus farming on account of antimatter drop.

edited December 2018
    Still annoys me that in order to farm focus effectively you have to gain mastery less effectively.

edit: also, thanks for the offers for rivens, but I play on Xbox D:

tastydonuts on
    Ahem. What is ESO.

Because I keep reading it as Elder Scrolls Online and I suspect that's not it.

Ahem. What is ESO.

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.

It's a Wave-based "Horde" mode, where each progressive Wave is in a new arena with higher level enemies. At the start of each wave, you get a 30 sec Focus-acquisition period.

yeah it's dumb. Also your frame gets 25% or something of all affinity you get no matter what actually does the killing blow so you don't need to worry about using a frame that kills with abilities that much, much more important to pick one you use a lot.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    So most may know this already, but I'll put it here since after 80 hours I only just learned this tactic from asking in-game. To make plat, offload your common prime blueprints to players looking to flip them for ducats.

Check trade chat for people buying "trash prime", and they'll usually list a ratio. 5:10p or 5:12p. Right now, since Baro is in-town, people are looking for your trash. Just farm Lith fissures, select bronze rewards (unless something comes up you actually need) and then check trade chat for people buying.

I was told you can actually hang out near Baro to find buyers, but I'm MR8 and can't confirm. Hopping into strangers' dojos to quickly trade is working fine so far.

Now, if someone can share a better method of telling which of my prime blueprints are "trash" in-game without having to constantly check warframe.market for their relic source, that would be swell!

Download an app called "Ducats or Plat", it'll give you a quick visual indication of which parts are worth selling for plat and which are worth more in ducats. Also which parts are never vaulted and which are for stuff that is vaulted or is in the vaulting rotation.

steam_sig.png
  • RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    @Daimar really? Just Google that or you got a link? Is it easy and user friendly?

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
    FYI switch tenno, I accidentally started our clan ascension ceremony from rank 0 to rank 1. People have 72 hours to visit the clan hall and interact (Y button) with the blue glowy thing in the middle of the entry hall and get a free 15000 endo... buuuut you need to have been in the clan a certain amount of time to get it I think, and I don't know how many qualify. @unclesporky probably does I think, not sure about anyone else.

15000 endo is a huge chunk so try to go check if you can collect it.

Also sporky if you could change the message of the day to mention interacting with the thing that would be helpful, I forgot to.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    FYI switch tenno, I accidentally started our clan ascension ceremony from rank 0 to rank 1. People have 72 hours to visit the clan hall and interact (Y button) with the blue glowy thing in the middle of the entry hall and get a free 15000 endo... buuuut you need to have been in the clan a certain amount of time to get it I think, and I don't know how many qualify. @unclesporky probably does I think, not sure about anyone else.

Also sporky if you could change the message of the day to mention interacting with the thing that would be helpful, I forgot to.

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to interact fine and that's a handy pile of Endo.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Daimar really? Just Google that or you got a link? Is it easy and user friendly?

Someone here suggested it a few months ago, I just typed that into the Google Play store and it popped up. Not sure if it is in the Apple store or not but it is easy to use, updates whenever you open it for current prices and I have no complaints.

steam_sig.png
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Ahem. What is ESO.

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. The practical way to get Focus without going insane is to take a "murder the whole map" frame like Saryn or Volt or Equinox into ESO with a lens on the frame, and one weapon that is also lensed. Then you murder the whole map with your 4, or whatever.

Then you get like anywhere between 20 and 160k focus per wave depending on conditions. Doing ESO with a map wipe frame can get daily focus done in like 30-45 minutes.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited December 2018
    SPOILERS
    As a ageless child warrior that maintains a collection of border-line sentient living weapons via possession... I... have to say that the Ventkids are kind of disturbing.

tastydonuts on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2fwgZf7i-Y

Ikea Frame is evolving in...weird ways

wWuzwvJ.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to interact fine and that's a handy pile of Endo.

Me as well. From what I read you have to have been in the clan for a number of days equal to the rank gain, or something like that.

Also, we aren't going up to rank 1, we're going up to rank 5.

jothki on
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    (caution to newer folks pre-Second Dream/War Within, don't go googling Eidolon hunting and focus or you'll get spoilers!)

I think I'm missing something about the benefits of Eidolon hunting, how does it circumvent/help with focus grinding? Is there a way to convert Eidolon spoils to focus?

Red Raevyn wrote: »
    (caution to newer folks pre-Second Dream/War Within, don't go googling Eidolon hunting and focus or you'll get spoilers!)

I think I'm missing something about the benefits of Eidolon hunting, how does it circumvent/help with focus grinding? Is there a way to convert Eidolon spoils to focus?
    Brilliant/Radiant eidolon shards can be converted into Focus. Also the sentient cores are used to level up one of the cetus factions, who can provide things to improve focus-related stuff.

And the Focus acquired from Eidolon Shards doesn't go against your daily cap.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    This just showed up in my youtube feed and it seems super helpful for newer players. I'll be throwing it in the OP!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJ2znHWges

The Warframe Guide looks like it's exactly what some of you have been asking for: A text guide that explains everything. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vR41ia5_FmKfyfL9oGakbTc1qkzDJuL3AQ7-F40gmW4/edit#heading=h.govkubc266rr

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png