As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    See now those are pants not trousers.

Still fucking crazy though.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    We can call them trousers?

How does one trouse?

One leg at a time?

Pffft, only if you're a noob

https://youtu.be/pShf2VuAu_Q

Boy, Parkour 3.0 got real weird when DE decided to incorporate FashionFrame into the movement system.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    A particularly good devstream abridged from Shy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-lldWPhys

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh, huh. If we get Akjagara AND Redeemer prime, we complete the whole set with Tigris Prime, don't we?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Thank you all for the frame recommendations a few pages back! I had hit a difficulty wall with Octavia and Mirage quests, and didn't feel like leveling the new frames that finished cooking recently (Limbo and Vauban), so a change of focus was very welcome.

(With Octavia, I went back to Sword Guy to use against some enemies I had hit a brick wall against in her second quest. After realizing that I had left my Exalted Blade underbuffed, I corrected that and started melting their faces instead. I eventually fell under their numbers in the third quest, but I should be able to crack that nut after a few more tries. With Mirage, it's a survival mission where I'm just not getting enough enemies to kill in order to get enough life support drops.)

So last night I put those both aside for a bit and ground out parts for Ember, Frost and Valykr. RNG was good to me for the first two, but Frost's systems BP took ages to drop (which is apparently A Thing). Valkyr's frame and parts for the first two are in the oven, but now I need to grind a whole bunch of spacebucks to get the other two going. Apparently the Index is the place to go for that, but I've got to spend some money to make some money there.

Taking a break from all of that, I decided to customize Oberon's color scheme with an autumn leaf theme, since he looks like the love child of Groot and the faun from Pan's Labyrinth. I thought my initial brown/red/orange theme looked good, but the entirely objective and not at all blunt spouse informed me that it looked a bit... poo-ish. So, I went back to the drawing board, prettied it up, and then lost about an hour to Captura mode trying to get the best screenshot of it.

...oh God, Fashionframe has its hooks in me _already_, doesn't it?

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    That Pursuit Archwing mission on Saturn can fuck right off.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    ...oh God, Fashionframe has its hooks in me _already_, doesn't it?

You were warned Fasionframe was the true endgame.

What you did not know, what you could not have foreseen, was that it is also the true early game and midgame.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

It really is terrible. Only Fluctus can make it somewhat bearable.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

yeah this one is literally the worst mission in the game
    thank god there's only that one node on the whole star map that uses that objective type

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    so i dont know if im just seeing things but in the clips of the orb mother fight that they showed on the devstream im sure i saw that some big green elemental damage symbols were floating above the orb mother's head - i caught cold and puncture and a couple others that were less clear. maybe theyre only going to be vulnerable to one damage type at a time?

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Sorry for the repeat, but if I can join the clan, my handle is NovusSpike. Thank ya'll.

• Options

thank god there's only that one node on the whole star map that uses that objective type

wait no I'm wrong, that's the second worst mission, the worst is the archwing mission where you have to kill some shuttles before they launch

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

wait no I'm wrong, that's the second worst mission, the worst is the archwing mission where you have to kill some shuttles before they launch

Eh, Itzal and Amesha can make it to the end in time without afterburners, so...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular

Oh that one was rough too, took a few tries.

The Saturn one I've just given up on for the moment. I'll come back with better stats later.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Those are both terrible, but the kill the shuttles one is the worst.

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Could I get an invite to the Switch clan? My game name is ROldford. Thanks!

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Ember in the cooker!

I see that the reason you guys suggested Limbo is that the one thing I'm missing frame-wise is a stealth frame, and he's pretty easy to get via quest?

After that, I'm out of 'frame slots, so it'll be farmin & sellin time.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I... don't like how mesa prime looks

she's just Too Horny

the jacket-boob thing and the chaps

it's like someone took a dominatrix and put a cowboy hat on her

and hey ya'll if you're into that then more power to ya

I just feel weird jumping around looking I ought to have a gimp on a leash

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I am very into cowboy dominatrixes so this works out for me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Jacoby wrote: »
    Could I get an invite to the Switch clan? My game name is ROldford. Thanks!

got ya

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I... don't like how mesa prime looks

she's just Too Horny

the jacket-boob thing and the chaps

it's like someone took a dominatrix and put a cowboy hat on her

and hey ya'll if you're into that then more power to ya

I just feel weird jumping around looking I ought to have a gimp on a leash

You can always just use a different skin

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    I mostly use the normal skins for my primes. The extra metal bits don't really go with my red and white color scheme and tend to make the different frames look less distinct, less like themselves, to me.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Yeah, i think a lot of the primes are a bit much. Overall I'm fine with that. A bit over the top on looks can be fine, and doing them as they are let's us decide for ourselves if this particular prime is ok with us or not. As has been said, there's always the option of using other skins if a particular prime is not up your alley.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yeah, i think a lot of the primes are a bit much. Overall I'm fine with that. A bit over the top on looks can be fine, and doing them as they are let's us decide for ourselves if this particular prime is ok with us or not. As has been said, there's always the option of using other skins if a particular prime is not up your alley.

Nekros Prime is definitely way too spikey. I like the Oberon Prime skin, but the hat, not so much.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Can the Tenno Lab in the Dojo conduct multiple research projects at once, like the construction of items in the foundry on your orbiter, or is it one project at a time? I was thinking of starting some projects in the Switch dojo but didn't want to if it was going to block other research projects, especially since I don't trust my prioritization quite yet.

In either case, is there a sense of which projects we should be researching first?

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    Can the Tenno Lab in the Dojo conduct multiple research projects at once, like the construction of items in the foundry on your orbiter, or is it one project at a time? I was thinking of starting some projects in the Switch dojo but didn't want to if it was going to block other research projects, especially since I don't trust my prioritization quite yet.

In either case, is there a sense of which projects we should be researching first?

You can fund as many projects, in as many rooms, as you have the funds and materials for. I just started two on the PS4 clan.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Ember is a cookin', as is the last Limbo part, and a fancy new whip!

Bought Scattered Justice using the warframe.market site. Holy crow, I've been using baby mods on my Hek!

I tried to buy the ammo mag mod, I forget what it's called, but no online sellers were answering me.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    HereticAstartesHereticAstartes Registered User regular
    I bounced off of Warframe on the PC a few years ago. But I downloaded it on the switch recently and I'm now hooked. I'll hit you guys up for an invite to the clan soon.
    I am very into cowboy dominatrixes so this works out for me
    Yes. I haven't tried Mesa yet, but this is a day one buy on the aesthetics alone!

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Is there a list somewhere of what every frame is based on? Like there's the musician and the cowboy and the lobster and the rhinoceros beetle...

Is there a werewolf one? Abilities along those lines?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Is there a list somewhere of what every frame is based on?

No, there isn't. So I'll just make one for you right now.

Class-themed Warframes
    Ash - Ninja
    Harrow - Priest
    Ivara - Thief
    Khora - Femme Fatale
    Limbo - Stage Magician
    Mirage - Jester
    Nekros - Necromancer
    Nyx - Psychic
    Oberon - Druid
    Octavia - Bard
    Valkyr - Berserker
    Vauban - Engineer

Element-themed Warframes
    Atlus - Stone
    Banshee - Sound
    Ember - Fire
    Frost - Ice
    Gara - Glass
    Hydroid - Water
    Mag - Magnetism
    Nova - Anti-matter
    Saryn - Poison
    Volt - Electricity
    Zephyr - Air

Creature-themed Warframes
    Chroma - Dragon
    Garuda - Slasher Movie Monster
    Inaros - Mummy
    Nezha - Chinese Protection Deity
    Titania - Faerie
    Wukong - Chinese Folkhero Monkey

Playstyle-themed Warframes
    Loki - Stealth
    Rhino - Brick
    Trinity - Support

Weapon-themed Warframes
    Excalibur - Sword
    Mesa - Pistol

Enemy Faction-themed Warframes
    Nidus - Infested
    Revenant - Sentient

Then there's Equinox, whose's based on Yin/Yang, and as such sort of defies classification.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    You could prob put Mesa under class as gunslinger.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Is there a list somewhere of what every frame is based on? Like there's the musician and the cowboy and the lobster and the rhinoceros beetle...

Is there a werewolf one? Abilities along those lines?

Arguably Excaliber Umbra is a bit werewolf-y. But aside from the minor change to his blind power, he's pretty much just Excal in aesthetics.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    They should make a werewolf themed warframe that you get the BPs of by killing monsters that have been 'infected' by damage from other people playing the werewolf warframe.

• Options
    Rhino - Brick

8-)

• Options
    If someone would be so kind as to shoot me an invite to the Switch clan. Heretic_Astartes

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Ivara is a lot more inspired on a hunter than a thief, I'd say. She's basically stereotype ranger crossed with Robin hood crossed with a frog.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I came up with an idea for a werewolf/huntsman warframe once.

Passive - Alpha Dominance: When you first enter a mission, you will spawn with seven Pack Kubrows who act as permanent companions until killed. If you have fewer than seven Pack Kubrows, a new Pack Kubrow will spawn every 45 seconds. Pack Kubrows are individually weak, and are most helpful in large numbers. Pack Kubrows can be modded with kubrow mods, but all seven must share the same mod set-up.

1 - Throathold: Each of your Pack Kubrows will pounce on the nearest enemy and temporarily pin them to the ground, doing moderate damage with the initial attack and small, continuous damage after.

2 - Lycanthropy: While this ability is active, your Pack Kubrows will inflict any enemies to whom they deal damage with a temporary debuff that strips them of all armor and shields. Any enemies who are killed while under the effect of this debuff spawn a temporary additional Pack Kubrow from their corpse.

3 - Hunter's Horn: Teleports all Pack Kubrows to your current location and restores them to full health. Resurrects any permanent Pack Kubrows you are missing. Resets the timers on all temporary Pack Kubrows created by Lycanthropy.

4 - Mankubrows: Temporarily transforms all permanent Pack Kubrows into specter duplicates of either yourself or the nearest allied player. Temporary Pack Kubrows created by Lycanthropy instead transform into specter duplicates of the enemy type they were created from.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I kinda feel that Garuda has a matador theme going.

P.S: Sure, it's more of a Vega type matador, so maybe more Gladiator. But still.

P.P.S: Also, if you've seen Avatar: The Last Airbender. Khora is June in warframe form.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I bet Garuda initially started as a Matador themed frame but DE realized that might be a bit on the controversial side so they made her a bit more generic

same reason I think Equinox was originally supposed to be male and female (instead of all female; the different halves are even called Anima and Animus in the game files, which are the gendered Jungian concepts of the psyche) but decided to change it to avoid running into gender identity issues

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    there need to be more lady brick warframes

just like a big lady who could bench press me

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/