As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Dang it, I'm so conflicted about which platform to play on now.

I originally intended to play on Switch, and being able to play in bed or on the couch or whatever feels great. Plus, assuming my play patterns eventually settle down into "check alerts a couple times a day" on most days, I'm more likely to keep up with the game if it's portable and easy to pick up and play for short bursts.

But playing on PC for a week made movement on a controller feel so clunky by comparison, and fluid acrobatics are kind of a big part of the game. Plus the player base and market are clearly a lot more active on PC.

Corpus hacking might be the dealbreaker. There's no way I could do a high-level Corpus spy mission on a controller.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Fomorian fleet event just kicked off on PC.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    How many mutagen samples do you need? I have 563 in my inventory.

I just ported my PC account over to Switch today, hoping to bring some mats with me for the Switch Clan. I don't know that I'll play much, but I can provide my 3-year backlog of collection garbage and if needed provide a moderate-to-hard-carry on any content people want to try if times line up.

Also, hopefully, when they introduce the Ignis Wraith to the Switch port, I'll have 114 BP's sitting and waiting for y'all in my inventory. Silly "economy items" clause.

Currently, we need 5000 for the Hema alone. Adding an additional member will bump it up to 15000. Yes, it's a horrible design decision that the developers have promised not to repeat.

It looks like Heretic_Astartes hasn't signed on for two weeks, so maybe we might be able to open up some room there?

God, those requirements are miserable. Could have sworn they reduced them at some point.

At any rate, if you want I can jump in the Clan, dump my mats, and then jump out so someone more active can take the slot long-term. IGN is CapnNips, let me know if you shoot me an invite.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Wyvern wrote: »

I originally intended to play on Switch, and being able to play in bed or on the couch or whatever feels great. Plus, assuming my play patterns eventually settle down into "check alerts a couple times a day" on most days, I'm more likely to keep up with the game if it's portable and easy to pick up and play for short bursts.

But playing on PC for a week made movement on a controller feel so clunky by comparison, and fluid acrobatics are kind of a big part of the game. Plus the player base and market are clearly a lot more active on PC.

Corpus hacking might be the dealbreaker. There's no way I could do a high-level Corpus spy mission on a controller.

Maybe you focus on PC, but still play your Switch account now and again when you feel the space ninja urge away from home? If someone on Switch can set you up with all the important mods you could still do quite a lot until you really start on that grind wall.

One notable advantage to Switch if you ever go full fashion frame is that on consoles Tennogen gear is bought with Plat (but never goes on sale) so you can earn those skins through trading, while on PC, since it goes through Steam, they can only be bought with real money.

Also, you want to buy cipher bps from the market if you are struggling with hacking. Only place you can't use them is sorties, and the only sortie you *have* to hack is spy, (even if the alarm causes a lockdown, Air support modules w/ Liset and one of the Moa pet precepts can still unlock them for you, even in sortie) and you can just be the one player who hot joins spy sortie so other players can do all the rooms for you :P

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    How many mutagen samples do you need? I have 563 in my inventory.

I just ported my PC account over to Switch today, hoping to bring some mats with me for the Switch Clan. I don't know that I'll play much, but I can provide my 3-year backlog of collection garbage and if needed provide a moderate-to-hard-carry on any content people want to try if times line up.

Also, hopefully, when they introduce the Ignis Wraith to the Switch port, I'll have 114 BP's sitting and waiting for y'all in my inventory. Silly "economy items" clause.

Currently, we need 5000 for the Hema alone. Adding an additional member will bump it up to 15000. Yes, it's a horrible design decision that the developers have promised not to repeat.

It looks like Heretic_Astartes hasn't signed on for two weeks, so maybe we might be able to open up some room there?

God, those requirements are miserable. Could have sworn they reduced them at some point.

At any rate, if you want I can jump in the Clan, dump my mats, and then jump out so someone more active can take the slot long-term. IGN is CapnNips, let me know if you shoot me an invite.

It'll be a bit before we can expand the clan size, anyway, at least if we want to do it the right way. I've started on the passage that will lead to the barracks wing, but I'll need to get in a T-junction and the barracks itself.

• Options
    So, uh...are there any openings in the PC guild? I don't plan on wasting space in both for very long, but it'd be helpful to be in both for now and then leave the one I spend less time with next week or whatever. The PC account name is LadyWyvernne.

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular

It'll be a bit before we can expand the clan size, anyway, at least if we want to do it the right way. I've started on the passage that will lead to the barracks wing, but I'll need to get in a T-junction and the barracks itself.

I'm sitting on a throne I've made out of forma, so I've added mats to start construction on the second elevator and the greater hall off of the mosaic room just now. I wasn't sure which of the other rooms waiting for construction to prioritize.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So, uh...are there any openings in the PC guild? I don't plan on wasting space in both for very long, but it'd be helpful to be in both for now and then leave the one I spend less time with next week or whatever. The PC account name is LadyWyvernne.

yeah there's lots of room on the PC clan
    e: invited

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I have so much cooking at all times now... in terms of just Warframes it's currently:
    1. Banshee
    2. Frost Prime
    3. Ivara
    4. Limbo Prime
    5. Mag Prime
    6. Nezha
    7. Nova Prime

Getting Prime frames is pretty easy when you make sure to radshare, then just play the market when you don't have the relic or don't feel like trying your luck. I just now needed the Mag Prime chassis but didn't have any Meso B3. 8 platinum for a part that's getting vaulted soon? Sure why not.

Edit: The exception there currently being Mesa Prime Chassis, since I can't get a relic for it for the life of me and I refuse to pay what the market wants. I can wait. Grumble grumble.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular

I'm terrible at hacking no matter the platform, so I'm used to just building cyphers as needed.

Are you playing with motion controls at all on the Switch? I personally like them. They definitely take some getting used to, but I feel like they make aiming overall more precise and natural. Or ar least less bad compared to stick shooting.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    All Grineer and Corpus had better cancel any vacation plans they had at Camp Crystal Lake, because I just put Garuda in the oven.

Farming those six toroids to build her was pretty tough. I wonder if the Baruuk farm involves toroids at all? Let me just check the wiki real quick and...

...oh.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Hm. Wonder if it's worth trying to farm it a bit. Building disruptors is a pain in the ass though.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Hm. Wonder if it's worth trying to farm it a bit. Building disruptors is a pain in the ass though.

On the plus side isotopes are easy to get but 300 cryotic per disruptor is painful if you don't have a serious stockpile and I didn't at all.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Regulators Prime with a maxed out Gunslinger mod are just... mean.

• Options
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Regulators Prime with a maxed out Gunslinger mod are just... mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzkJZ5sa1Ig

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thank you flavors of the month. Just sold my super shitty catchmoon riven for like 350 plat to a guy who wanted to try the reroll lottery. Personally I found the catchmoon super annoying to use with its tendency to explode on every little geometry protrusion, so hey, free plat.

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Nekros is fresh from the oven and I'm only 2 Kavat genetic codes from space cat goodness.

Anyone use them much and have a preference/opinion of Smeeta or Adarza?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »
    Nekros is fresh from the oven and I'm only 2 Kavat genetic codes from space cat goodness.

Anyone use them much and have a preference/opinion of Smeeta or Adarza?

I like Smeetas because they can go invisible and send out a decoy, and their charm buff is useful even if it's not reliable

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    IzzimachIzzimach Fighter/Mage/Chef Registered User regular
    I almost always use a Smeeta for the (small) chance to double loot pickups. The Adarza gives a more reliable crit buff so it's useful if you're using crit-based mods like Berzerker or Hunter Munitions.

• Options
    I still use my helminth charger for a pet. She's a good girl.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to build this Supra Vandal I have? I haven't really done status builds very much. Is Corrosive the usual go-to?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I still use my helminth charger for a pet. She's a good girl.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to build this Supra Vandal I have? I haven't really done status builds very much. Is Corrosive the usual go-to?

The Supra Vandal has a high enough fire rate you don't have to specifically slot in status mods to make them kick in. Just the pure damage elemental mods for Corrosive and then the status effect from the augment are enough but you can of course replace the former with the dual stat mods if you really want. Other than that, you can build it for crits. It's not specifically a status weapon per se, it just has such a high fire rate and large magazine size that it functions decently as one against anything that isn't quickly cut down.

Mine is setup based on a Brozime video:
    Infected Clip
    Entropy Burst (the augment)
    Point Strike
    Shred
    Vital Sense
    Stormbringer
    Split Chamber
    Serration

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I haven't really done status builds very much. Is Corrosive the usual go-to?

Corrosive is the go-to for most Grineer content and low level set it and forget it type of content. If you eventually want to do really end game, high level stuff like an hour+ long endless mission you should be matching the elemental damages to the types of enemies you will be fighting, but for low level content pretty much anything is good.

edit: mixed up corpus and grineer

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

I'm terrible at hacking no matter the platform, so I'm used to just building cyphers as needed.

Are you playing with motion controls at all on the Switch? I personally like them. They definitely take some getting used to, but I feel like they make aiming overall more precise and natural. Or ar least less bad compared to stick shooting.
    Motion controls are a big help for making fine adjustments while aiming at somebody standing in front of you, but it doesn't do much when what you need to do is "aim up and to the left, bullet jump over a pack of enemies, aim straight down, drop a helmsplitter on a riot-shielded Grineer precisely when you're passing over him, whirl back around 180 degrees, and go back to engaging the enemies from a second ago".

Warframe has a lot of maneuverability and a lot of being attacked from multiple angles and that's where the problems happen for me.

• Options
    One thing I really, *really* wish we had was the ability to stay in a practice session for an MR test. For one like MR 11, where, even when I should be able to cheese at minimum the initial platform section with Titania, I still wind up derping my way all over the map and failing repeatedly, having to do the load back to relay/load back to MR test dance over and over doesn't do much for the vast reserves of patience that I have thankfully cultivated as a mature and functional adult.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah having a "you lost" screen with an immediate retry button with no loading screens in the practice versions would be nice

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    A retry button that avoids sitting through all the loading screens would be nice on normal missions too.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular

Motion controls are a big help for making fine adjustments while aiming at somebody standing in front of you, but it doesn't do much when what you need to do is "aim up and to the left, bullet jump over a pack of enemies, aim straight down, drop a helmsplitter on a riot-shielded Grineer precisely when you're passing over him, whirl back around 180 degrees, and go back to engaging the enemies from a second ago".

Warframe has a lot of maneuverability and a lot of being attacked from multiple angles and that's where the problems happen for me.

That's all fair. I'm still going through the main map. I just unlocked Pluto, so I'm not in any of the high level (and more difficult) stuff. I can definitely imagine that sort of mission requires much more precise and accurate control.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Question for veterens, How to Mag?

I mean as, how do her abilities actually interact and which order should I be using them in?

• Options
    I was able to gild my MOA last night. Chocoroboto was quickly potatoed and stuffed with utility mods. But I'm not really sure how to build him out from there. I've mostly used a space cat so my robotic mods are somewhat meager in comparison. Right now I'm building a Dethcube so I can use its weapon on Chocoroboto and its Whiplash and Gravity bombs are amusing so they're on there but even my Helios Prime was kind of slapdash.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Anti-Sean wrote: »

I'm sitting on a throne I've made out of forma, so I've added mats to start construction on the second elevator and the greater hall off of the mosaic room just now. I wasn't sure which of the other rooms waiting for construction to prioritize.

Thanks for that.

We're running low on power, so the barracks wing is going to be stalled anyway until I get another reactor set up in the basement.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I mean as, how do her abilities actually interact and which order should I be using them in?

Her 1 is kinda lackluster and just used for laughs.
    2 has a synergy with her 3, in that the shards created by 3 are attracted to the orb to add damage, so you should at least cast 3 before the 2.
    3 strips armor from enemies, recharges shields of your groupmates (ideal for hijack missions) and creates metal shards which buff up the damage of her 2
    4 extra aoe damage and soft cc

See video for more in depth stuff, especially how to effectively user her 2.

https://youtu.be/2nkqYqRnG7I

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Pull (ability 1) is rather self contained, although it can be used to pull enemies into a magnetize.

Magnetize (2) is her most complex move. It can be used both as an offensive and as a directional defensive ability. It's used to create a field around a target that drags enemies closer to the center of the field, drags all bullets, projectiles and Polarize shards towards the central target and deals 25% of all delivered damage to every enemy in the field every .5 seconds. It can be used to absorb all enemies bullets coming from a certain direction. It interacts with both Polarize and Crush.

Polarize (3) is an AoE mixed offensive/defensive maneuver. It has a huge range, with an initial pulse of 8m that spreads in a wave out to frikkin 38 meters after 5 seconds (range with boost initial radius, duration will boost how far it travels). It will strip shields and armor, boost friendly shields and with an Augment it will disarm enemies and shut down robots for 4 seconds (duration will boost that). It will also fracture off shards which will boost magnetize damage.

Crush (4) is relatively straight forward, but deals double damage to magnetized enemies. Crush can give you and other players significant Overshields if it hits a lot of enemies. Use it after Polarize/Magnetize since if Polarize restores shields you'll gain the maximum overshields and it will deal maximum damage to the targets inside magnetize.

Should you use Magnetize or Polarize first?
    Depends. Neither ability will suffer much if it's used before or after the other (since they depend on debuffs and DoTs), but they definitely benefit if used in close proximity to each other.
    Then Crush if you feel like it, and want to overshield.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    If you play on Xbox, and popped the "It Keeps Getting Better" achievement (10 Hours played), you will unlock an avatar outfit... rofl... I popped that back in 2014 D:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Gara just came out of the oven today and I was going back and forth on a syandana for her because I pipped below 150 plat last night and that's getting pretty low.

Just got a 70% off coupon so now after giving them another $60 I'm just hemming and hawing on which pretty cape to buy and also trying to remember which weapons I wanted to potato :P

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I only now just noticed the 10-Cipher blueprint. 200 hours in.

I've been doing them one-by-one.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »

By the time you can blow 250 thousand credits on ciphers, you should have enough of a backlog that you don't need it.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I wish there was a way to make loc-pins more than 1 at a time. Even though I've been to lazy to actually put them in my equipment wheel, yet

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

By the time you can blow 250 thousand credits on ciphers, you should have enough of a backlog that you don't need it.

You've never seen how many ciphers I go through. I cipher EVERYTHING.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    dporowski wrote: »

You've never seen how many ciphers I go through. I cipher EVERYTHING.

Even the console to start a survival mission!?

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Now I want a gun that shoots ciphers.