As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a thing I try to get across to people. They're different games! I always see "Oh Bungie is dead, play Warframe instead because Destiny is shit" or what-have-you and no! They're not the same at all!

My issues with Destiny come more from the shooting/movement side.

After several hundred hours of Warframe Destiny feels like slogging through a muddy field in terms of movement. We discussed it a bit on Discord today, but I tend to fall on the Warframe side of a more freeflowing style of play where ammo/cooldowns are not really an issue and movement is fluid and can be changed (literally) on the fly. It's about speed and power.

Destiny you can run out of ammo and abilities are more limited. It's a different experience and designed that way and that is fine.

But every time I ran out of boost juice in Destiny when I was trying to get up onto a ledge in the back of my head my brain was saying "you could just run up that shit!"

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a thing I try to get across to people. They're different games! I always see "Oh Bungie is dead, play Warframe instead because Destiny is shit" or what-have-you and no! They're not the same at all!

After several hundred hours of Warframe Destiny feels like slogging through a muddy field in terms of movement. We discussed it a bit on Discord today, but I tend to fall on the Warframe side of a more freeflowing style of play where ammo/cooldowns are not really an issue and movement is fluid and can be changed (literally) on the fly. It's about speed and power.

Destiny you can run out of ammo and abilities are more limited. It's a different experience and designed that way and that is fine.

But every time I ran out of boost juice in Destiny when I was trying to get up onto a ledge in the back of my head my brain was saying "you could just run up that shit!"

I hated the Warlock weird floating double jump in Destiny 2. It ruined what otherwise was a class I was enjoying and forced me into Hunter with its much more precise triple jump.

I also took issue with the complete lack of in game communication tools at launch (not as big a deal on console where you have PSN or XBox Live baked in but a much bigger deal on PC) and the focus on longer form raids as an end game activity which again you weren't given in game tools to coordinate a group for. The hours needed to do those just aren't in the cards most nights with other obligations, hobbies, and activities and that makes those nights feel a bit pointless.

But that Warlock jump is just truly awful.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    So I finally finished farming up the last of the Hydroid non-prime pieces yesterday, now all I have left for non-prime frames is Harrow (shoot me!), and Trinity (not even going to try). I think my MR gain is going to take a nosedive from here on out. :D

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    So I finally finished farming up the last of the Hydroid non-prime pieces yesterday, now all I have left for non-prime frames is Harrow (shoot me!), and Trinity (not even going to try). I think my MR gain is going to take a nosedive from here on out. :D

Trinity is... Ambulas, iirc? Need to get around to that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

Trinity is... Ambulas, iirc? Need to get around to that.

Yeah, I looked at the process needed in order to get the nav coordinates, looked at my free Trinity Prime and said nope.

steam_sig.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Okay but on the other hand skating > bullet jump chaining

The one thing I don't like about Fortuna is it looks like a snowy wasteland. Since I already live in one I'm not sure about the game I use as an escape mirroring what is right outside.

steam_sig.png
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    I kinda like how Warframe has slightly odd or unexpected environments like this. Venus is cold and snowy. Uranus is an underwater environment. Earth is largely uninhabited, not because is the usual post-apocalyptic barren wasteland, but because it's an overgrown jungle. Etc.

cB557 wrote: »

Only if we're talking Tribes.

And Nezha is the Tribes frame.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOIMKCQ8F6w

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular

That is a character propelled by farts.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »

They're a master of their craft. a Fartisan if you will.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Red Raevyn wrote: »

They're a master of their craft. a Fartisan if you will.

It's a trade that's gotten a bum rap in recent years.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'd like to start working on Quills rep but atm I've only got a mote amp. Am I better off whittling down t1 eidolons solo or doing the Ivara pickpocket thing for a couple days and starting with a real amp?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'd like to start working on Quills rep but atm I've only got a mote amp. Am I better off whittling down t1 eidolons solo or doing the Ivara pickpocket thing for a couple days and starting with a real amp?

Ignore Eidolons for now, build up rep by doing Konzu's bounties so that you can rank up and buy a better amp. Once you get a basic amp then start the Eidolon hunts, the mote is absolutely useless.

steam_sig.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I think the general recommendation (and how I approached it) is to get roughly familiar with how the hunts work and bring a support frame. A typical pub group has no real issue with the shield-breaking aspect of the fights (which is what the amps are mostly used for), so you mostly just want to do what you can to stay alive and help everyone else stay alive.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Ignore Eidolons for now, build up rep by doing Konzu's bounties so that you can rank up and buy a better amp. Once you get a basic amp then start the Eidolon hunts, the mote is absolutely useless.

Since when do Konzu's bounties give Quills rep?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    I do have Trinity Prime and a Vectis Prime from twitch and I've read up on mechanics. If people won't mind leeching for that phase then I'll go with that.

NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Since when do Konzu's bounties give Quills rep?

My mistake, I brain farted and was thinking Ostron instead of quills....yeah, ignore what I said, except mote sucks.

steam_sig.png
    People are pretty fine with it and it's been a long time since I've been in a random group that couldn't take down Teralysts fine. You can often get 3-5 depending on the group.

Trinity/Oberon/Harrow are all handy for support, although sometimes it can be tricky to keep enough energy up with Trinity unless you have pizzas.

Once you start running doing Eidolons you'll get plenty of Quills rep, it is a much better option that beating your head against the wall farming 'lil sentients.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I do have Trinity Prime and a Vectis Prime from twitch and I've read up on mechanics. If people won't mind leeching for that phase then I'll go with that.

what's your in game name? if you're on pc, and on in 10 minutes or so I'll do a hunt with you =)

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Ingame message 15min ago. Fortuna this week.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Damn, I missed quite a bit while at Blizzcon!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i hope it's not released on friday. would rather play it than wait the full weekend for them to fix the bugs.

in unrelated news, i had to wipe and reinstall windows yesterday, then reinstall warframe and now all my settings are awkward and the game control feels weird cuz i don't remember what my mouse speeds were. shoulda screenshot those settings.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    kralizecc wrote: »

what's your in game name? if you're on pc, and on in 10 minutes or so I'll do a hunt with you =)

Sorry, I was still on campus!

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Here's a handy rip of the website text I yoinked from r/Warframe. Spoilered because huge.
    Welcome to Fortuna. Explore the frigid landscape of Venus populated with new Corpus threats, subterranean mysteries and an ecosystem on the brink of destruction.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q29Q7qsKtkY

FORTUNA: A NEON SLUM BENEATH THE SNOW
    *Down in the underground city of Fortuna, you’ll meet the Solaris: a society of body-augmented individuals who live in debt-internment under Corpus rule. The Solaris live in fear of being “repossessed” — cybernetic limb and organ removal by Nef Anyo’s repo squads. Despite living in terror and debt, the Solaris are a hopeful community who pride themselves in their efforts to terraform Venus.

SOLARIS UNITED
    *A disbanded resistance front, the Solaris United fought to unshackle the Solaris from the Corpus “Taxmen.” It’s unclear why the movement ended, but rekindling the rebellion in Fortuna is key to a free Solaris society.

K-DRIVE HOVERBOARDS
    *Made with stolen Corpus technology, turbo-powered K-Drives are ideal for the mountainous Vallis landscape. Find the Ventkids — a local street gang that lives in the ventilation shafts of Fortuna — to create your own personalized K-Drive, then equip K-Drive Mods to increase your max speed, boost speed and more.

KITGUNS
    *Design and build weapons of destruction to handle any threat. Using a selection of parts available at Rude Zuud’s shop, create a modular Secondary Weapon custom-tailored to suit your playstyle. Gild your Kitgun to unlock new cosmetic options.

MOA COMPANIONS
    *Like most things in Fortuna, the Solaris build their own MOA Companions using stolen Corpus tech. Customize your own MOA to walk beside you, gather loot, use exclusive combat Precepts and more.

TRACK-AND-TRANQ
    *Wildlife has returned to the Vallis, but the Corpus are destroying these creatures for their Feed and Research Division. Work with The Business to track these endangered species down, tranquilize them and extract them to safety, away from the Taxmen's reach.

ADVANCED MINING AND FISHING
    *Fortuna delivers enhanced ways to mine and fish. Visit Smokefinger to purchase the new Sunpoint Plasma Drill, a fast-ignition, high-intensity mining tool that can superheat mineral deposits found around the Vallis. Each mineral has a “sweet spot” to hit for extra rewards. Buy an electrified spear from The Business to catch the robotic Servofish that swim in the coolant lakes and rivers. Dismantle them for scrap parts or trade them in for Standing.

ORB VALLIS, VENUS
    *Located in the eye of a snowstorm, the Orb Vallis was once a scorching wasteland. When the Solaris reactivated the Orokin coolant towers, life reappeared in the Vallis. Giant looming mushrooms sprung from the snow, and four-legged Virminks appeared in the valleys. Through their blood, sweat and tears, the Solaris terraformed this barren region into a beautiful, hospitable world — but the Corpus are destroying this delicate balance in their pursuit of profit.

CORPUS FACILITIES AND NEW ENEMY UNITS
    *The Corpus maintain several facilities around the area, including a bustling spaceport, a secretive research facility and a massive shrine to Nef Anyo. Inside these fully-explorable areas, you’ll find new, specialized Corpus units ready to strike.

BASE CAPTURE, CORPUS ALERTNESS, NEW BOUNTIES
    *The Vallis was made by the Solaris, but it’s ruled by Nef Anyo and the Taxmen. Step out of line in this Corpus overworld, and reinforcements will arrive to take you out. Capture a Corpus base in the Vallis, and an agent will appear with new Bounties to take on. Complete as many of these Bounties as you want without ever leaving the Vallis.

UNDERGROUND CAVES
    *An extensive cave network runs underneath the Orb Vallis. These caves are rich with mining deposits, and the water here is full of unique fish species to catch. The Ventkids have also set up race courses through the tunnels.

RAKNOIDS AND ORBS
    *As you explore the Vallis, beware of mechanical, spider-like machines known as Raknoids. These Corpus-designed creatures range in size and lethality, from tiny Mites to the massive, invulnerable Orbs that loom over the region. Fortuna’s brightest are currently researching how to take down these Orbs.

GARUDA
    *Death's crimson maiden, the blood of Garuda's foes imbue her with strength and vitality. Visit Fortuna to earn this vicious new Warframe.

DREAD MIRROR
    *Rip the life force from an enemy and use it as a shield that captures damage. Charge to channel the captured damage into an explosive projectile.

BLOOD ALTAR
    *Impale an enemy on an altar of talons and siphon health for Garuda and her allies.

BLOODLETTING
    *Garuda sacrifices her health to generate energy.

SEEKING TALONS
    *Charge to expand the targeting area, release to send Garuda’s talons careening toward each target in area. Surviving enemies are prone to bleeding.

TENNO REINFORCEMENTS
    *Expand your Arsenal with these new Weapons, Mods and Customizations:

NAGANTAKA
    *Slash targets with a single precise bolt from Garuda’s signature crossbow. Alt-fire to let loose a barrage of bolts. All bolts have a chance to cause bleeding and headshots have a chance to increase reload speed.

GARUDA BATHORY HELM
    *What was once myth is now real, hand outstretched to claim that which runs within you. An alternate helm for Garuda.

SUPARNA SYANDANA
    *Flows like grace. Flows like blood. An asymmetrical, stain-resistant Syandana.

KRESKA
    *This unsophisticated Corpus survival tool does what it was designed for: hacking and splitting whatever it strikes.

OCUCOR
    *A weapon that reaches for its next victim even as it kills. With each takedown, this pistol spawns an energy tendril that reaches for a nearby target.

BATTACOR
    *A weapon that builds charge the more it kills. Hit capacity then release for an obliterating discharge of power.

OPERATOR ARMOR
    *Outfit your Operator with these Solaris-inspired Customizations.

SMELTER
    *Operator armor inspired by those Solaris who must work in searing heat.

OUTRIDER
    *Operator Armor modeled on enviro-gear worn by the surveyors and scouts of the Orb Vallis.

VENT RAT
    *Lightweight and practical Operator Armor designed for flexibility and tight squeezes.

HAZTECH
    *Operator Armor modeled on the daredevils of Fortuna's maintenance crews.

MOD SETS
    *Give your Warframes, Weapons and Companions a boost with new Mod Sets. A Set Bonus is applied when equipping Mods from the same set. These Mods are available as potential rewards from completing Bounties in the Orb Vallis.

SYNTH MOD SET
    *Set Bonus: +20% Clip Reloaded/sec while Primary or Secondary weapons are holstered
    *Synth Deconstruct - Sentinel: Enemies killed by Sentinel have +15% chance to drop a Health Orb
    *Synth Fiber - Sentinel: Health Orbs increase Sentinel Armour by 100% for 12 seconds
    *Synth Charge - Pistol: +80% Bonus Damage on last shot in clip
    *Synth Reflex - Warframe: +100% Holster Speed
    **Stats shown at Max Rank. Subject to change.

MECHA MOD SET
    *Set Bonus: Kubrow marks an enemy every 15 secs for 12 secs. Killing this enemy applies all status effects on them to other enemies within 30m.
    *Mecha Overdrive - Kubrow: +60% Status Link and +90% Status Duration
    *Mecha Recharge - Kubrow: +20% Shield Recharge and -50% Shield Recharge Delay
    *Mecha Pulse - Warframe: Killing a Marked Enemy grants +20% armor for 12 secs for each enemy within 30m.
    *Mecha Empower - Aura: +40% Extra Damage vs Marked Enemies.

TEK MOD SET
    *Set Bonus: Kavats create a 10m wide zone every 15 secs, which deals 50 damage/s for 8 secs.
    *Tek Collateral - Warframe: Standing in the zone grants +60% Critical Damage
    *Tek Enhance - Kavat: +30% Kavat Ability Duration
    *Tek Assault - Kavat: 60% chance for the Kavat to ignore Lethal Damage, instead gaining immunity for 4 secs
    *Tek Gravity - Melee: Slam Attacks pull enemies within 20m to the point of impact.

ADDITIONAL UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
    *Kavats and Kubrows now have a Vacuum Mod called Fetch!
    *The Business is offering a new Sentinel to aid in your Vallis Conservation efforts. The Oxylus comes with two Precepts for locating Conservation opportunities and resource containers. Also includes a new Sentinel Weapon: the Multron, a burst-fire rifle with armor-piercing rounds.
    *Ayatan Amber Star Blueprint is now available for 10 Vitus Essence from the Arbiters of Hexis.
    *Five new Dojo Pigments are available for research.
    *New Designer Glyphs are here! The Venter Glyphs are illustrated by renowned fantasy artist Pete Venters!
    *Focus School is now available in Arsenal

LIMITED-TIME TWITCH DROPS
    *Watch Warframe on Twitch when Fortuna launches to get free in-game items! Possible drops include the Nidus and Khora Warframes, a Rifle Riven Mod and more!

MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON

FORTUNA MERCH
    *Gear up with limited-edition Warframe merchandise. Get your Fortuna T-shirt and exclusive Poster now, but hurry — these items are only available via pre-order until November 21!
    Pre-order now!

My personal two favorite notes are that Garuda's 4 has been reworked and Ayatan Amber Stars are now purchasable via Arbitration rewards so people can finally fill out all their statues for endo farming/IkeaFrame. The new pet sets all sound pretty damn cool too. I'm going to finally be incentived to play Pokemon in this game to level them up thanks to those sets and the long overdue Fetch mod.

Most importantly, I'm definitely looking forward to colouring Garuda like Alucard and blasting Andrew WK all over Venus while impaling everything. :biggrin: Also that limited Vitruvian shirt is sick as fuck looking and I am ordering one ASAP.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Tek Gravity - Melee: Slam Attacks pull enemies within 20m to the point of impact.

This is gonna be fun.

• Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I've seen some streamers with a Fortuna icon on themselves. Where do you get that?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
    edited November 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ML0XkLygDM

JFC Shy is a god damn comedy goldmine.
    I've seen some streamers with a Fortuna icon on themselves. Where do you get that?

If you mean the glyph then enter the code SOLARISUNITED into the promo code section on the Warframe website.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    LIMITED-TIME TWITCH DROPS
    *Watch Warframe on Twitch when Fortuna launches to get free in-game items! Possible drops include the Nidus and Khora Warframes, a Rifle Riven Mod and more!

Um, yes? But maybe you should make the drop rates not suck too.

Worth keeping a window open though, that would save a lot of grind if you don't have them.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    *Set Bonus: Kubrow marks an enemy every 15 secs for 12 secs. Killing this enemy applies all status effects on them to other enemies within 30m.

This is what they might term as "pretty useful".

dporowski wrote: »

This is what they might term as "pretty useful".

I have some status hoses I would just love to use this with. Or to be honest, just plug them with a Tigris Prime point blank.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Just drop a Lenz shot with Hunter Munitions on it in that area when the mark goes off. 5-figure slash procs everywhere, and if not, everything over there is dead anyway so oh wells.

• CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Kept splinterstorm going through 10 waves on Hydron and it was up to 154k at the end.
    Seems good.
    I wonder how big I can make the death bubble before it becomes unsustainable..
    fmiep9bbpy4q.png

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Wait, free Nidus AND Khora? God dang it, those are exactly the two frames I bought with plat!

Anyway, when's that stream with supposed free stuff?

Steam ID: Right here.
    Drascin wrote: »
    Wait, free Nidus AND Khora? God dang it, those are exactly the two frames I bought with plat!

Anyway, when's that stream with supposed free stuff?

We'll know that when we know when Fortuna drops which will be any day now.

wWuzwvJ.png