As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    have they always kept track of if you leave the stream muted with the player controls? I've never run into that that I've noticed, but maybe I always just used the browser tab mute.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I heard it for the round before the one going on now. Didn't verify you get no drops so it might be shenanigans, but iirc it was the streamer saying it so I just went ahead and used the tab.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    So how does the Twitch thing work, do I just pick a random stream and have it running muted in the background while I do other things?
    If you mute it using the Twitch volume controls, no drops. But you can mute the tab in Firefox for instance (or in windows volume mixer) and still get em.

I have it muted through the volume controls, and I'm still getting drops.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Invited you lot. Gonna need to upgrade clan tier soon, we're almost to the 10 person ghost clan limit.

Careful there, upgrading the tier will triple research costs. You may want to hold off a bit and make sure that everyone is active before doing that.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Invited you lot. Gonna need to upgrade clan tier soon, we're almost to the 10 person ghost clan limit.

Careful there, upgrading the tier will triple research costs. You may want to hold off a bit and make sure that everyone is active before doing that.

Oh man...some of the research projects are only partially funded (some of them I started myself yesterday). That'd suck if suddenly they were 1/6th done instead of half-done.

We do have quite a few things going right now. And we still need to build some other rooms where research can be done, right?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Yet another -75% plat voucher. Man I get a lot of these. The algorithm must have pegged me as a whale. I've only spent a total of fifty bucks on you, game!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I've got access to the Index but still haven't done it.

I've noticed the node says something like "Endurance - The Index." Is that a specific game mode of the Index, or is that just what it always says?

And also it always says that 0 squads are there, which worries me, I don't want to wager 30k and then find out I have to do it alone the first time and screw it up and lose the money. Or is the squad counter typically incorrect? The Switch release is fairly new and it's possible few people are doing the Index yet, maybe. So I dunno.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    the Endurance is a holdover from when the Index first launched, there was the 'regular' mode where you did a single match and out, then a node where you could keep going theoretically forever.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Used up my A5 relics last night and picked up the Akvasto Prime link, but no bp. Sold an extra link and some barrels and bought the bp for 30 plat, and put the whole thing in the oven! Those extra Vasto Primes finally get to fulfill their destiny!

I also put the parts for my third kitgun in the oven last night! It will be a Rattleguts/Gibber/Thunderdrum, and I'm really looking forward to it. My last one was a Tombfinger/Haymaker/Killstream named Martian Manhunter, and I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would (I tend to dislike slow firing, high-crit guns). My first one was a Gaze/Lovetap/Sparkfire(maybe Ramflare?) named Theatre Genius, and I absolutely loved it. My last will probably be a Catchmoon/Ramble/Zipneedle, just to have made one of each of the chambers and grips.

I also built, leveled, and potato'd the Battacor and Ocucor and I really, really like those guns. The Battacor reminds me of the Sybaris with an Opticor secondary fire, plus it looks completely badass. As for the Ocucor, I just love beam weapons in general and it's seeking tendrils are just the neatest shit ever to me.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So how does the Twitch thing work, do I just pick a random stream and have it running muted in the background while I do other things?
    If you mute it using the Twitch volume controls, no drops. But you can mute the tab in Firefox for instance (or in windows volume mixer) and still get em.

I had Twitch streaming overnight, muted with the volume control on the player, and also got my expected drops.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    So I was a big dummy and misread the Twitch Prime loot stuff and was about to file a ticket whining that I had only received the Broca Syandana for linking my accounts. Thankfully I re-read the instructions again, and actually claimed my loot. :)

The Vectis Prime, O. M. G. I rarely play snipers at all (Sniper in TF2 is only ever Huntsman + Jarate for me), but this gun feels _wonderful_. WONDERFUL! And I haven't even really started modding the crap out of it yet.

HehehehahahahahaHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!

I have a mod on mine that makes it so enemies don't hear it.

It still goes "BANG, BANG" but the enemies just don't react at all.

Well, other than the two that are suddenly flopping across the room :P

That is how all the Hush type mods work, they make them "silent" in the AI reactions and do nothing for the ear shattering ka-boom your speakers deliver. Side effect those mods allows Ivara to use them while in Prowl, cause they are "silent" now you see.

I have been using a silenced Pyrana Prime as my secondary in Fortuna in case the bounties want me to stealth.

So the ridiculous dakka as I fire off two fully automatic shotguns is apparently silent.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    I've got access to the Index but still haven't done it.

I've noticed the node says something like "Endurance - The Index." Is that a specific game mode of the Index, or is that just what it always says?

And also it always says that 0 squads are there, which worries me, I don't want to wager 30k and then find out I have to do it alone the first time and screw it up and lose the money. Or is the squad counter typically incorrect? The Switch release is fairly new and it's possible few people are doing the Index yet, maybe. So I dunno.

You apparently need to run it like a dozen times for the Nidus quest, but the first instance of that, you have to put up 100k. I ran the regular version once as a test b/c I had the same concerns as you about dropping 30k, let alone 100!

If you win the match but don't reach a certain point threshold, you get your investment of spacebucks back, but no prize monies. I ran it once solo and don't want to do it again (at least, there are other things I'd rather do for now); not looking forward to having to do it a bunch of times for Nidus.

What I've been doing for cash lately is running the defense mission at Seimeni on Ceres. 5 waves nets you 25k in spacebucks, and there's usually always a squad running it.

...of course, I've been immediately *spending* that money after making it, but that's a different problem. :)

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Thanks again for the invite.

You guys are lucky; right after joining I got the Guardian mod to drop and finally beat the level I was stuck on.

Now if only that luck had held out to get the Bite mod to drop too.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    It should be noted that the Nidus quest runs of the Index throw some extra requirements on top of the usual Index gameplay.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »

You guys are lucky; right after joining I got the Guardian mod to drop and finally beat the level I was stuck on.

I think I might have an extra Bite if you're on PC

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    My 3 new frames are done cooking and now I guess I need to master them. If I can hit MR 10 I can finally make that gun I got from PoE.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Yet another -75% plat voucher. Man I get a lot of these.

I hate you.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Yet another -75% plat voucher. Man I get a lot of these. The algorithm must have pegged me as a whale. I've only spent a total of fifty bucks on you, game!

I've seen that twice, both times I was very low on plat so my theory is the game gives you a larger discount or discounts more often when you are running low on cash to incentivize you to purchase.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

I've seen that twice, both times I was very low on plat so my theory is the game gives you a larger discount or discounts more often when you are running low on cash to incentivize you to purchase.

I still have like 2K+ plat left, so that seems unlikely. The fact that I don't actually like a lot of plat skins saves me a lot of platinum (like, Nezha's deluxe skin is neat, but it's just not Nezha to me, so I haven't bought it).

I notice that since the first time I got one and actually spent on it, they suddenly became a lot more common. That's why I can't help but think it must peg you as someone willing to spend if tempted.

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    novaspike wrote: »

I think I might have an extra Bite if you're on PC

On Switch, but thank ya regardless.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I, finally, got the last part of Nova Prime. It has taken a very long time to finish that frame.

• Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    It should be noted that the Nidus quest runs of the Index throw some extra requirements on top of the usual Index gameplay.

and they suuuuuck

also don't do the regular index solo, it suuuuucks
    but with teammates it's a pretty easy 250k credits per completion.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

I still have like 2K+ plat left, so that seems unlikely. The fact that I don't actually like a lot of plat skins saves me a lot of platinum (like, Nezha's deluxe skin is neat, but it's just not Nezha to me, so I haven't bought it).

I notice that since the first time I got one and actually spent on it, they suddenly became a lot more common. That's why I can't help but think it must peg you as someone willing to spend if tempted.

Well, there goes that theory.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

I had Twitch streaming overnight, muted with the volume control on the player, and also got my expected drops.
    Yarr, I'm deeply shamed by having misinformed and have edited me original post

• Options
    edited December 2018
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

and they suuuuuck

also don't do the regular index solo, it suuuuucks
    but with teammates it's a pretty easy 250k credits per completion.

Most common frames are Rhino, Nezha and Mesa but you'll see all types in there. Bring your very best, highest damage weapons, it is not something you bring your so-so unpotatoed frame and weapons into to level up.

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So yesterday I came to the conclusion that what I needed most right now was Nitain and Lith B5 relics. And today I get ghoul bounties rewarding Lith b5 relics and nitain. Void be praised.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    And the void taketh away. Ghoul bounties are bugged and give no reward.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    How does Ventkid Standing work? I feel like I keep nailing rad tricks worth 700+ flibberdeejibbits, but my standing will have barely moved.

Also, the various set mods from lower tier bounties are gonna be a pain to acquire, huh?

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    How does Ventkid Standing work? I feel like I keep nailing rad tricks worth 700+ flibberdeejibbits, but my standing will have barely moved.

Also, the various set mods from lower tier bounties are gonna be a pain to acquire, huh?

IIRC you get 1/4th trick score as standing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Do the festive solstice things go away after christmas or do you keep them? Because honestly I use the Salix syandana a lot and the solstice salix is tempting me something fierce.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »

IIRC you get 1/4th trick score as standing.

This. So your best bet is to max out your trick to 3000 and this earn 750 rep per trick run. Grabbing up the various movement mods as you go worked wonders for my trick scores as well.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Do the festive solstice things go away after christmas or do you keep them? Because honestly I use the Salix syandana a lot and the solstice salix is tempting me something fierce.

Anything cosmetic that costs plat stays year around, anything that just costs credits (except for color palettes) usually will get taken out of your inventory at some point, especially if they have their own cosmetic slot.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    When I bought the cosmetic hat for my Kubrow last night for 1 credit, it had a big warning on it saying it would disappear after the holidays.

it also didn't fit at all, I assume because I was using the Drahk skin? The hat was stuck in his neck, I had to swap it out :(

• Options
    yeah the drahk skin is at fault

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    And the void taketh away. Ghoul bounties are bugged and give no reward.
    I looked at trying to directly farm the relics for remaining Mag/Nova parts, and saw despair. So I said screw it, I'll run Meso/Neo fissures and hope strangers bring the relics. Worked for all but 1 piece. So I ran a survival fissure and we went long, got lots of loot/affinity and a single Neo N9 relic (what I needed). Radshared it, piece dropped, I'm done*. Praise RNGesus.

*I thought about getting last piece of Euphona Prime, but I've never even seen an Axi E2. Not sure that's worth it.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    *I thought about getting last piece of Euphona Prime, but I've never even seen an Axi E2. Not sure that's worth it.

are you on PC? i have 19 of em

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Valkyr came out of the oven, and she's pretty fun so far. Ember and Frost finish baking in a couple hours. Put Mag and Mirage in the oven this morning.

Took a break from running missions w/ Valkyr to try out fishing for the first time.

...oh no. Oh no no no. This feels way too satisfying, and is likely to become yet another timesink for me.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    How doyou guys stockpile your plat? Buying it, or selling relic drops? I've got a lot of relic duplicates that sell for a few plat here and there but I'm not sure how the Bazaar works or if I even want to spend time trying to sell stuff.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    How doyou guys stockpile your plat? Buying it, or selling relic drops? I've got a lot of relic duplicates that sell for a few plat here and there but I'm not sure how the Bazaar works or if I even want to spend time trying to sell stuff.

I sell relics and blueprints. Usually on the weekend I'll set aside some time to sell stuff. I typically use Warframe Market as a reference for prices or to find buyers.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    IF any of y'all use Twitch, I've been attempting to stream at :

It often fails if only because Windows can't decide if my mic exists or not. Still! I play phat tunez.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/