Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Ördael: The Night Plague

245

Posts

  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus sees Solvan's flail find purchase in the beast's head. He nods to Solvan in thanks, that could have gone poorly.

    Corvus takes a moment to survey the battlefield and his eyes catch Bennu grappled by another creature. He will not lose another friend, not today.

    "Bennu!" he cries.

    Corvus searches for his weapon and sees it flung to the ground. He forgoes his sword and makes his way to help Bennu.
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Tackle Attempt

    Tackle Attempt:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=2, 1]

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Counterattack
    Geth roll 1d6+1 for Damage

    Ephraim, Exorcist 6/6 HP

    Ephraim is prepared for the creature's lunge, easily slipping inside its guard with another warding slam from the buckler and burying his ornate dagger in its vitals.

    Counterattack:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=6, 4]
    Damage:
    1d6+1 5 [1d6=4]

    Auralynx on
    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png


  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Bennu the Wanderer - HP: 2

    Why were there stars? It was too early for the night to have.... Bennu's eyes focused as the pain in his hands sharpened the foggy thoughts into reality and he snarled, trying to find some bravado in the moment. "Not today, Grandfather!" He swung his feet in the air trying to kick the beast's face to blood it and make it slip up for just a moment.

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Boot to the face

    Boot to the face:
    2d6 7 [2d6=5, 2]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    Corvus tackles the beast from the rear. It jolts forward just as Bennu’s boot connects with its jaw. The beast’s loses balance and falls backward, its full weight slamming to the ground.
    Momentum tosses Bennu at Argyle’s feet.
    The beast takes 1 damage.
    Bennu, you have the condition: dazed
    Corvus, you have the condition: pinned.

    Dead before it falls, you are already beyond it Ephraim. It breaths its last as you stride forward.
    You gain 50 experience.
    That beast fallen on Corvus screams in rage, limbs kicking violently. In a moment may turn and devour him, or launch itself at another.

    You’ve all got it, but for clarity all I’m asking with conditions is a bit of acting, it’s not a stat change or anything. What can’t you do well right now is the question, but you can still do a lot.

    I’m keeping track of your experience too.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Solvan Sant, Hunter- 10 HP, 1 Armor

    Grumbling as he extracts his flail from the beast's head, the Hunter of Darkwilde sees Corvus again in danger.

    "Bereksi, moilto dronai fe laska machai..." He swears in his native tongue as he whirls the flail to gain momentum, yelling a prayer to the Saints as he again plunges into the fray.
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 3x Combo

    Geth, roll 2#2d6+1 The old one two

    3x Combo:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=4, 1]
    The old one two:
    2#2d6+1 2 # 7 [2d6=5, 1] 13 [2d6=6, 6]

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    With uncontrollable fury the beast lunges at Solvan before he can make good his flail. It bites down hard on his shoulder and clings to his head with clawed hands.
    You take 3 damage.

    Geth roll 1d6 for Maximum Chomp

    Maximum Chomp:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Quantronic Dreamgirl Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d6+1 for gun

    gun:
    1d6+1 6 [1d6=5]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Across the clearing a sharp and sudden noise rings out louder than thunder.
    The beast’s torso is gone. Just gone. The beast is done.
    You gain 50 experience.

    Jacyth, the mechanisms of your gun are held forward incorrectly. It’s jammed. You’ll need a short time to realign it before you can fire again.
    The blind beast sturrs under your foot. One of its back legs pushes into the earth. It stops screaming. Its breath slows.
    What do you do?

  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Quantronic Dreamgirl Registered User regular
    Jacyth swore, panic infecting her voice as she stepped up and away. Simply calling out “aid required!” Her hand going to hold the music box for comfort and to muffle its tune as she tried her best to remain quiet while working the mechanism back into place and keeping her distance from the wounded beast.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for not tripping in the woods.

    not tripping in the woods:
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=5, 2]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    The blind beast slowly rises on to its misshapen paws.

    7m3wnux6vfg5.jpeg

    It steps towards Jacyth with ears pricked by the tinkling tune of the music box.
    Jacyth, you’ve backed away some, but you fumble with the mechanism. It clicks forward again incorrectly.
    Just a quick breaking of the kayfabe, it might be worth noting as this is the largest one it deals 1d6+1 damage.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    For the second time, Corvus finds himself on the ground. An insufferable inconvenience.

    He hears Jacyth shout from across the clearing and watches the hideous creature rise up from the ground.

    "Get ready everyone. I'm going for lucky number three."

    Corvus whistles as loud as he can and begins shouting insults at the monster.

    "HEY NO-EYES! COME 'ERE BOY! COME GET SOME!"

    Corvus throws his torch at the beast.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Dex Torch Throw

    Dex Torch Throw:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=1, 2]

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The beast rushes through the torch, cinders flying as the backdraft blows the flame out.
    Corvus, roll+DEX to get out of the way, or roll+STR to leap over its back. With Athletics, a miss counts as a partial success with a greater cost or consequence.



    The Die of Fate is cast...
    Geth roll 1d6 for Shelled Fade

    Shelled Fade:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Bennu the Wanderer - HP: 2

    Bennu hit the ground hard, he could feel his jaw still vibrating from the impact as he pushed himself up. 'Nothing a warm fire can't cure later, eh Argyle?' He smiled, although the world was still spinning and Argyle was still a bit of a blur. Unsteadily, Bennu pushed himself up and drew out his blade. "First things though..." He looked back at the beast that had Corvus pinned and began to stagger towards him, each step causing the world to tremble and shake his legs.

    "Steady...steady..." Bennu cursed his slowness as he raised his sword and gamely run towards the fallen beast, his eyes assuring him that it had somehow turned in three in the meantime as the world spinned. He hoped he was aiming at the right run as he fell forward at one of the beast blade downwards, trusting his aim to see him through.

    Geth, roll 2d6 to Stab the beast?

    Geth, roll 1d6 to Injure the beast?

    to Stab the beast?:
    2d6 4 [2d6=3, 1]
    to Injure the beast?:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus dives away from the lumbering beast, hoping that an opening is left for his allies.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Athletics to Dodge

    Athletics to Dodge:
    2d6+1 5 [2d6=2, 2]

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Solvan Sant, Hunter- 7 HP, 1 Armor

    Heedless of his bleeding, almost useless shoulder, Solvan rushed the large creature, silvered dagger lashing out like a metal claw.
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 3x Combo

    Geth, roll 2#2d6+1 The old one two

    3x Combo:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=6, 2]
    The old one two:
    2#2d6+1 2 # 9 [2d6=5, 3] 11 [2d6=6, 4]

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    In one sudden clash Corvus is struck. Blood splatters high into the air, and an ear-piercing schriek is heard. A body falls. It is that of the blind beast. Steam lifts from the punctures in its side.
    Solvan, you gain 50 experience.

    Annoyed, but unharmed, Corvus sits down and breaths a heavy sigh.

    HORRORS SLAIN
    Everyone gains 50 experience!

    —————————


    The sun has set. The clearing grows quiet. A scant few fireflies tentatively rise amongst the trees, illuminating the dense flora. The mist, drawn from the lake over the course of the battle, is no higher than your boots, but hangs thick.

    Now, answer honestly:

    Argyle, the one you killed first, what about it unsettled you more than the others?

    Corvus, how did Argyle earn your trust in the first days of this journey? Do you think they trust you?

    Jacyth, what were you and Bennu arguing about before the ambush?

    Bennu, what can your faith not abide? Who comes closest to breaking this tenet?

    Solvan, which dead member of the march do you miss most? What killed them and got away?

    Ephraim, what marks your culture as truly foreign to the others?

    After you’ve answered, feel free to roll+WIS to scavenge for items, or to roll+INT to investigate the clearing. Those with Heal, go for it. Anything else you think you could do, you just do it, no need to roll for a mundane action.

    When you’re through, together you must decide what to do next. If you want to rest right here it’ll be a damp night, otherwise you’ll need to venture a little into the woods.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Investigate

    Ephraim, the Exorcist 6/6 HP

    Ephraim lowers his dagger, with the time to throw it into the melee never having come. Sheathing it, he lights another torch and holds it aloft, illuminating the shadowy clearing.

    "Argyle, see what you make of these tracks - these things must've come from somewhere."

    Ephraim himself seems focused on the looming rock formation, examining it for signs of pictograms or other infernal influence. In his youth, before the brothers of the Order had taken him to train for the war against darkness, he'd been told that those from the nations nearer to Zuovellos' Citadel rarely recognized the methods of evil even when they were in plain sight. They preferred to destroy the signs of the Enemy and do battle with him head-on, rather than bind creatures away from their settlements with knowledge gleaned from the Enemy's own dark lore. So far, the journey had borne him out, and his parents would have been pleased to know that where many men and women from the West had failed, Ephraim was still standing and still watchful.

    Investigate:
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=6, 1]

    Auralynx on
    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png


  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Quantronic Dreamgirl Registered User regular
    Jacyth sighed softly. Patting down her robes, re-aligning her pistol and clearing it of any built up detritus from firing before stowing it. Her music box chiming for a good minute before the clock work mechanism finally ran its course.

    "Those who require aid come to me, and perhaps this encounter should serve to enlighten our holiness as to the lack of value in following the main road all the way around the forest," she chimed. She was a talkative woman for a witch. A trait that in this case merely increased the amount of venom she could spew with her intellect. Trampling over to where her pack had being discarded at the start of the ambush. Fastidiously checking each and every possession was still in place. Casually adding "men like these tend to the roads travelled, an instinct residual that nags at them the same way doctrine anchors the devout and money shackles a man," while she procurred her medical supplies. A mixture of alchemical compounds, bandages and a reference manual that would have had her burned at the stake in certain baronys. At least before the troubles began.
    So hey, anyone who accepts the rest/healing can roll their HP again and add one extra hit die because Jacyth is attending, it does cost one ration though.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 to Practice some Medicine

    to Practice some Medicine:
    2d6+3 13 [2d6=5, 5]

  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher, HP 1 Armor 1

    Argyle doesn't acknowledge anyone until he finishes bandaging Sir Emory's wounds, but afterwards, quickly sets the dog to investigate tracks as he does the same.

    "Don't get your hopes up," he says. "Heard all the beasts chatter enough to know what they're saying. Heard enough made monsters shriek to know they don't talk like real things do."

    He contemplates the corpse he made, picks a bit of ichor from his axe, goes back to examining claw marks. "'Made things' like that yowper, they don't follow real rules."

    --

    Marking off the bandages (?), hoping for medicinal herbs somewhere, would rather not camp out in the wet, thank you.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 to inspect the beast tracks.

    to inspect the beast tracks.:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=1, 5]

    Glazius on
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus considers Jacyth's words well as he gathered his weapon from amoungst the mud. Previously he had argued that the path well worn was the surest route. He had always followed that path in his previous life. Until the reckoning had come for him and his.

    Ever since then he had felt drawn to the wilds, the unknown, the call of the void. He envied the mystics and strove to learn from them. He would gain the power to make things right in the world by any means. Any.

    "You're right Jacyth. The road known to the traveler is also known to his adversary. I see this now."

    He took a moment to glance at Argyle and the pup picking over the dead for any useful items. Survivors, he thought to himself. Corvus recognized kindred spirits. Corvus would do most anything to survive. He believed that those two would as well. He saw it one of the first nights in the journey. While everyone else drifted to an uneasy sleep it was him and Argyle who could not rest on the road. A constant vigil for dangers not present. Even by the time sleep overtook Corvus, he still heard their faint mutterings.

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    Studying the outcrop reveals it to be stonework, thicker than any construction of this age. It’s as if part of a mountain was torn out, smoothed and shaped. You’re not sure what it once was. There are no passages into the rock, so it could have been part of a wall, or even a fallen statue. You imagine the door to such a place would have been huge.
    You deduce all the rock formations by the lake were brought here long ago from elsewhere, Ephraim.

    Your skill as a healer is exceptional Jacyth, though your bedside manner could use some work.
    Those that seek aid from Jacyth are healed, and gain +1 maximum HP until they next rest.
    You gain 25 experience.
    Anyone that wants to rest, eat a ration and re-roll their HP you can say you’re doing that after this post and it’ll take effect. Let’s assume Jacyth is going to be at this a while.

    Sir Emory is doing great!
    The corpses have nothing of value.
    Together Argyle and his noble terrier follow the tracks back to the north for a few minutes. The trail begins at a shallow pit in the dirt. Their own footprints stretching back before it.
    They’d walked over them. You can’t imagine the strange life cycle that would make them bury themselves so.
    Sir Emory discovers this, barking happily:
    Pale Moss — Clump of translucent moss. — Eat for an unknown effect.

    Corvus, what do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus walks through the battlefield and takes the time to inspect the vile creatures for any clues of their origin or objects left upon them.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Scavenging

    Scavenging:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=3, 5]

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    Geth roll 1d6 for Dark

    Corvus knelt by one of the beasts, grabbing it roughly by the snout and pulling it around to face him. He checked its rotting mouth, then opened one of its eyes. Light blue, round pupil, short blonde eyelashes. He closed it again and did not check the other beasts eyes.


    The beasts wore nothing, but you manage to find a rusted dagger amongst the fallen leaves and twigs. Who knows how long ago it was lost.
    Rusted Dagger — A weapon of the desperate, the tip is snapped off. — 1d6. Light weapon.

    Dark:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    ]Solvan Sant, Hunter- 10 HP, 1 Armor

    Solvan collapsed near Jacyth, allowing the hot sharp agony of his arm to be felt as his memory drifted back to an earlier battle...

    It was a dark and stormy night. It always was in Crensh. There had been of them, a caravan hoping to gather a final army to cast down Zuevellos. Spirits had been high.

    Solvan was in particularly good spirits, his fingers buried in the fine hair of Brother Aquila’s, a man whose company he was growing to enjoy as the trip wore on. The ale flowed and fires burned long into the night, keeping the cold and wet at bay.

    Such merriment does not last long in this world though. A horde descended upon Crensh, the fellowship lost in a tide of blood and carnage.

    The Hunter and the Monk had been boxed into an alley, a group of beastmen hoping to make a meal of them. Solvan’s blood sang as he put them to the torch while Aquila’s tried to secure an escape for them. As he performed his work, a dark form swept down from the sky. Death flew on black wings, lifting the screaming Aquinas into the storm. The rain turn warm and sticky above Solvan, and when he looked up, blood drenched him. He leapt away as Aquinas’ drained corpse was flung back to the earth. As he howled his anguish, the wing black form with it’s terrible glowing red eyes watched from a roof across the street before letting out an ungodly shriek and alighting again into the storm....



    The hardy man whispered and muttered to himself as Jacyth finished her ministrations.

    “Thank you.” He rasped before taking stock of the area.
    Geth, roll 3d6 Healing

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 seeking signs

    Healing:
    3d6 9 [3d6=6, 2, 1]
    seeking signs:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=4, 1]

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    A red leaf falls softly onto you, Solvan. You feel an aching emptiness. There wasn’t time for a funeral. You’re not sure how his people did them anyway, was it burning or burial?
    You could ask Ephraim, they were of the same nation.

    From where you sit you cannot help but look out over the lake. It looks serene. You turn to the forest, noticing the mist thins somewhat in that direction. After a while you see Argyle returning from the north, his loyal terrier racing ahead.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Ephraim, the Exorcist 6/6, not healing.

    Ephraim conludes his search and moves nearer to Jaclyn, to respond to her comments about the wolf-men: "This was some form of fortress or other building in the age when giants built in stones. The creatures, perhaps, remember. I've heard the Citadel," he spits, "stands on similar foundations. We are drawing near to our goal at last."

    Carefully, he unpacks the navigation kit and starts taking bearings, assuming the others will want to move on in not too much longer.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png


  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    The Crimson Citadel is to the east, Ephraim, and discerning east comes easy to you, you barely need your compass for that these days.
    With your other tiny contraptions and honed skill you glean: Tonight the clouds are scattered, but the southern winds will bring in rain in a day or two. The moon is bright and close to being full once again.

    The most obvious route is east through the forest, though you could head south-east through brush, what might have been a road once, but is no longer. Both ways are drier than remaining by the lake, and it’s getting late.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 7, Armor 1

    Argyle takes a belt of wine "against the cold" on his way back, and gives Sir Emory a tiny sip too.

    "Waited for us in the earth," he says, "who knows how long. Might be sentries. Might be someone knows we're coming now. Can't say."

    --

    Emptying the wineskin, it'll likely hold water from here on out.

    Geth, roll 2#1d6+1 for shiny new hit dice.

    EDIT: Ah, thanks, that'll do for a bit.

    shiny new hit dice:
    2#1d6+1 2 # 2 [1d6=1] 7 [1d6=6]

    Glazius on
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited October 30
    Corvus -- HP 5, Armor 1

    "I think they were men once,' Corvus says as walks toward the group. "Albeit now they are a twisted mockery of humanity. It's the eyes. Waiting in the earth you say? I would venture they were not waiting, they were risen."

    SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Ephraim, the Exorcist 6/6

    "It seems best we not wait anymore," he said, pointing to the southeast. "There used to be a road running in that direction, I believe. We could try to follow it to some less mist-haunted area... or remain in the woods, which go more directly towards our goal."

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png


  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Bennu the Wanderer - HP: 2

    "You speak of doctrine anchoring the devout, that is no more true than a paddle inhibits a boat." Bennu wiped the dirt off his blade before tucking it away and looking at the aftermath. "Doctrine merely affirms what is right and just in the world and what displeases Her." He took a look at Jacyth's handiwork on Solvan, servicible enough but he wasn't about to concede any ground to the witch.

    Doctrine was handed down by the gods, filled with the wisdom of those who had came before and understood. To not heed that knowledge was to demonstrate an immature soul unready to truly face the world. Bennu supposed he would just have to set a better example to show how pious respect would lead to a rewarded and enriched life. There was something that bothered him about this land and Bennu was determined to find out what was prickling his hairs so.

    Geth, roll 2d6 to Investigate the Clearing

    to Investigate the Clearing:
    2d6 9 [2d6=6, 3]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 31
    Bennu, in the dark of night it was hard to find more than wet ankles. A owl swooped somewhere, her cry forlorn.

    Drawn to the thin set of trees lining the lake, you find half a boat stuck in the mud. Just another indication that a person was here once. They were always here once, but it’s been a long time since you’ve found someone alive along the march to the Crimson Citadel.
    Feeling the shape in the dark, the good craftsmanship, the winged figurehead—whoever made this shared your beliefs, if not the last passengers themselves.

    ———————

    I’ll take one more character getting healed if you want to re-roll your Hit Dice and add +1, so ask for Jacyth’s aid quick, first come, first serve.

    Night is deep.

    Vote now on where to go, there’s no more light even by torch for searching the area.

    Alternatively, force the issue by walking towards your chosen destination and the others must begrudgingly follow. This will have lasting consequences, fearless leader.

    Sleep is the burden of the living, but not of the creatures of the Night Plague!

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 7, Armor 1

    Argyle peers into the deepening forest twilight, fruitlessly looking for something. "Muck's hometown for me, but all the same I'd rather take the old road. Harder to bury things under the stones. Harder still for them to come up again."

  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus -- HP 5, Armor 1

    Corvus looked within himself for guidance. Creatures may lurk in the forest, but other dangers may yet arise on the road.

    "I agree with Jacyth. We should take the most direct route, through the forest. A shorter travel may lead to less trouble. The road has already proven trouble enough."

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Quantronic Dreamgirl Registered User regular
    Jacyth sighed as she repacked. Already tuning Bennu out. He was a good enough man for a priest, she remained unburnt after all, but she harboured no fantasies she’d some how save him.

    “The forest, an hours light left to find a good clearing and settle for the night,” she firmly said while she shouldered her pack.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Ephraim

    "I'd rather take the road, personally. Better sight-lines for us, more chance of shelter within something abandoned. The forests here are... unsafe."

    He frowned. His homeland was flat, compared to this region, and the trees fewer. These woods were old, if perhaps not as old as the stones he'd been examining. The trees were too thick and too tall, letting little light down to the floor, and the creeping bracken impeded progress. He'd have given a lot for a good horse, but horses were a luxury most could no longer afford.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png


  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Bennu

    "Speaking of something abandoned, there's a boat by the lake beyond the trees. It looks like it's of solid craftsmanship, perhaps we should rest there for the night. Who knows what sorts of things roam in the night looking for overeager travellers to march into their maw." Bennu gestured towards his discovery. "It looks abandoned and we're surrounded by plenty of good wood for a nice fire."

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Solvan Sant, Hunter- 12 HP, 1 Armor

    Solvan frowns.

    "The lake appears to be too calm, and the woods command our respect, and should command our fear. Strike out along the road, and stray not from it."

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 1
    The Knight Road

    Though not certain, the March continues along the old road. Bennu is the last to leave the clearing, the tug of the boat’s untold story slowing his pace.
    As they leave the mist rises, the lake lost in a high wall of white.

    jm0og2fdax05.jpeg




    Shortly you arrive at three ramshackled huts. You can see they were a groups first attempt at building a home, perhaps building anything. Recently, in the grand scheme of things, for such poor wood doesn’t last more than a few decades. You can fit no more than two people in a hut at any time.
    Each has a torch stand by the door, unlit and long cold.
    The road bends as it comes to a sheer ridge. With proper preparation it could be climbed, but not tonight.
    H = hut
    / = ridge

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 7, Armor 1

    "Eh, slept in worse," he says, Sir Emory sniffing idly at the air. "I'll stand first watch if it's all the same. Rather not sleep on a belly full of wine."

    He walks to the hut closest to the ridge, looks inside for a place to set his pack. "Any volunteers for second?"

    ---

    Geth, roll 2d6 for the first watch, if nothing else.

    the first watch, if nothing else:
    2d6 10 [2d6=5, 5]

Sign In or Register to comment.