Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Ördael: The Night Plague

1235

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 11
    You can’t make heads nor tails of it, Argyle.

    You look up from the altar with furrowed brow. Further north the flowers grow taller. Sunflowers and wheat speckle the otherwise blue and purple meadow, each as tall as a man.

    Sir Emory’s ears prick up. He turns to the broken spire.

    —————

    The man rumbles, “A cursed one.”, he gestures to a door, “Tried getting out and I just kept walking back in through the opposite door. I’ve give up, what’s the use?”

    He shifts, then let’s out a long sigh.

    “By Dark you came, and by Dark you are set free... Says that on the altar. Thought I’d save you the trouble, you look like the sought that’s curious. Best give up now, it’ll be easier in the long run.”

    Solvan Sant, what do you do?

    —————

    Bennu, you hear the man speak, ever so quietly. You spin this way and that, but there is no one there.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus -- HP 5, Armor 1

    Corvus stared at the large men in chains as if distracted by a strange bauble. Their demeanor reminded him of something. As if they were the memory of a familiar dream, long forgotten. Their armor called to him as well, though there were noticeably less runic inscriptions as there had been on his old casque.

    A few more drops of rain on his hand pulled his attention away and he turned to Jacyth.

    "Alright, then. What tricks do you have up your sleeve now?"

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The heavens open. It begins to rain in earnest.

    Corvus, how high in social standing were knights in your kingdom before the Night Plague? How were they treated after the royal family died?

  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Bennu - HP: 2

    Bennu whirled around, a thrill of disappointment crossed his face as he stood undevoured by the so-called maw. But there was a new mystery to be solved, he took a closer look the archway to see if there was someway to trigger it to take him to Solvan. Bennu ran his fingers across the rough stone of the archway trying to see inquisitive fingers could somehow winnow out the archway's unspoken secrets. Then he had an idea and reached into his pouch to pick out one of his precious vials of holy water.

    Uttering a benediction, Bennu drank down the sour-tasting water and closed his eyes urging his spirit to more quickly commune with Her for the secrets behind the archway.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 14


    Bennu receives a Vision:
    580efd3syt1z.jpeg

    In her name I am given voice and purpose.


    Less spoken, more imprinted into your mind from an unfathomable distance.
    You see an angel. She is as a woman, a bird, a flaming wheel. She is of Creation itself, and though frightful to behold you are made content in her presence.

    Do not mistake the demon’s closing lips as choice.

    It is weak. It cannot feed so quickly.

    Stay. Listen. You will guide your companion to the Material from outside the maw of the demon.

    There will come a moment where you shall strike through the Veil.

    There will come a moment where you shall pull them free. Your hands are as keys.


    Mere seconds have passed. As you return to your natural senses, a white bird flies overhead. Soon you loose track of it, Bennu.

    You have +1 to your next roll.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Quantronic Dreamgirl Registered User regular
    Jacyth just paused, looking to the figures on the bridge. Deciding against it and instead planning to resolve this mater somewhat more easily. Trudging down to the water's edge where the grand stone bridge's construction supports loomed large. Starting to carve arcane runes and measurements into it. Her ritual commencing.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 15
    0x4dcyc91awq.jpeg

    The drop into the canyon below looks like miles. The river is rapid, such a fall would be death for anyone.

    High upon the first steps of the bridge is a watchtower. Its design is defined by spiralling staircases, narrow platforms and sharp, foreboding battlements. Moving across it would take patience and poise—you wonder who’s up there.

    Back along the road the towering guards barely stir. Are they the model of discipline, or scarecrows?

    Over the noise of the distant rushing water you heard metal on stone.

    Jacyth, roll+DEX to remain stealthy as you work.

    A successful roll will count for Corvus too.
    If the plan is to harm the guards I’ll consider the road they’re on raised like a bridge, and you can do whatever you’re planning.
    Still, your ritual might catch the attention of two foes, and the aftermath will be far harder to hide from.
    The more potent the desired effect the greater the cost, always.

    —————

    You duck low by the witch, Corvus. As the rain continues to pour and the sky darkens you feel your hands pulse with that fever, that honed sense—you could well be drawing blood soon.

    Corvus, roll+INT to remember what manner of knight would be duty bound to a watchtower. Be as detailed as you like.
    On a 10+, your answer is the truth. Add +2 to your next roll.
    On a 7-9, you have a good idea. Add +1 to your next roll.
    On a 6-, you’re dead wrong.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Quantronic Dreamgirl Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for sneaking
    And the grand plan is actually to leave Corvus holding the (magically active) chalk ready to blow the bridge before going to negotiate

    sneaking:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=4, 6]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    A sound plan. Afterwards, no matter how it goes, Jacyth will gain 200 experience.

    Jacyth and Corvus are as quiet as mice. The clinking up above fades into the distance, something or someone has moved away.

    You won’t have to roll to sneak back whence you came; you’re out of sight, out of mind. You could even come to this position to rest if you needed to.

  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 6, Armor 1

    Argyle looks out into the meadow, at the plants anyone could recognize, the crops growing wild. "Wonderful. A whole dead town. One person's not going to be enough to fill it up."

    Sir Emory's whining draws him back to Bennu. "Found something, have we, preacher? What's the plan?"

  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus -- HP 5, Armor 1

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Knightology

    As Corvus followed Jacyth down to the water's edge he also descended into thought. The rain washed away all other noise.

    It was raining the night the plague infected his city. As the enemy beat against the north gate, Corvus could see the fear on the eyes of the guard. Many were fresh. Just through initiation, this was most likely their first assignment. Others, like Corvus, were more grizzled. They had seen the bite of winter claim steel, men, and villages. These men were assigned here out of duty or punishment. Corvus was the latter.

    When the night crept into the keep, Corvus's entire regiment of knight-magi were not able to save their charges. The damned took the royal family. Enchanted steel and feeble conjurations were no match for the forces of Zeuvollos. Their dark magic was too impressive. Too infectious.

    After the fel creatures took their quarry and retreated, Corvus's regiment was blamed. The newly installed steward handed out justice swiftly. No longer was he a Knight-paragon, envy of young men and defender of law. His order was immediately sent to the front lines during the city siege. The people of the city would have thrown the rotten husks of food at the knights, had the blockade left any food to spare.

    The kingdom which had thrived for centuries past was decimated within days once the gates fell. Swords and spears were scattered to the winds. Corvus has not seen anyone from his city for quite some time. Every now and then the thought of him being the last survivor crossed his mind. A sobering thought indeed.

    Corvus vowed to take their power and to twist it against all who stood with Zeuvollos. The first step was to learn everything he could about how to obtain their teachings.


    A thought struck him. Perhaps these keepers of the bridge were as he was. Sent here as watchers of the watchtower. A punishment handed down for past transgressions. Depending on the priority of the bridge, either these guards were either too inept to march with the main force or worse...too dangerous to keep around others.

    The fact that they were chained to the bridge did not bode well.

    Knightology:
    2d6+2 6 [2d6=1, 3]

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
    Endless_Serpents
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Bennu - HP: 2

    Bennu blinked as he tried to clear his eyes of the light haze that seemed to suffuse everything. Every time he communed with his goddess, the journey always took a little extra toll from him but he was grateful for the insight that She granted. Pondering on the words for a moment, Bennu cleared his throat and spoke loudly and clearly,

    "Solvan, can you hear me? This is Bennu, say something that Jacyth would always say about me if you can hear me..."

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 19
    The voice of Bennu is carried to that other place as the softest of whispers.

    The flowers around Solvan’s feet appear to lean towards him, just for a moment.

    Solvan loses 1 HP.

    Solvan, you notice how odd the lighting of the hall appears, as if a whole day were passing outside. The statue casts a long shadow to the east... and you notice it is moving by the second. Soon it will begin to pass over the eastern door.

    —————

    Jacyth, the deftly etched symbols of your ritual are complete.

    What is the intent of your Deconstruct ritual?
    How potent will the effects be? The stronger the effect, the more dangerous the aftermath.

    If you are to attempt to speak with the guards further back, or enter the watchtower, you will need your companion to remain behind to bring the ritual to fruition.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Quantronic Dreamgirl Registered User regular
    Jacyth merely hands the chalk off to Corvus. The magic still harsh in it. Nipping at his fingers and trying to pull towards the wall. Rituals always wished to find completion after all. Especially one big enough to topple the bridge.

    "Hold this, if I shout let your hand fall forwards, the chalk shall do the work for you, oh, and then run," she says curtly. Flashing a smile before trudging back up to the bridge. Strolling towards the guards, gun at the ready as she calls out "I have business with your captain men of steel, best run and find him,"

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 20
    The shackled guards tilt towards you, Jacyth. They tower over you, clad in weathered dark steel, each one holding an oversized maul.

    They speak as one.
    “Here. We remain. Here. Bound to service. Our minds protected. From the curse. Bound in chains.”

    Before the last word is spoken the nearest guard swings for you, but you’re too far back for it to connect. He pulls his arm back and thrusts forward with his vicious maul, but still lands short.

    “Ahead the captain. Awaits. Before her two knights. The watchtower. They stand in vigilance. Our saviours. True knights.”, they shudder, “You may pass. They will judge your right. To see our captain.”

    One struggles against his restraints as another reaches for you with a gauntlet stained with old blood. Their speech and temper seem at odds, an obvious turmoil burns in their hearts.

    Jacyth, you’ll have to pass the guards to reach the watchtower. You won’t be harmed by them, but you must roll+CHA to maintain your cool presence as you enter the watchtower alone.

    In the distance two silhouettes have appeared along its walls.
    Don’t split the party they said, we’ll show them!

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Trepidation pervades the air, Corvus. Magic, you think, right at your finger tips. You stare at the intricate lines with frustration. However does such work cause an effect?

    Corvus, roll+WIS. I’ll tell you why after.

    —————

    Ephraim, you are furthest from the ruin.

    Glancing back towards the strange robed witch’s cage, you see the door is fully open. It creaks in the breeze. Below it a few bones are scattered.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Ephraim, the Exorcist 6/6, 1 armor

    Ephraim observes the sudden absence of the suspicious witch with alarm, and shouts to the others near the gate: "The witch is out, be wary!"

    Readying the halberd, he approaches the empty cage to look for some sign of the crone.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png


  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Quantronic Dreamgirl Registered User regular
    Jacyth just snorted, walking past the guards with as much confidence as she could muster. After all, a clap of her gun would send at least one of the parties involved reeling.
    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for witch walk

    witch walk:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=4, 1]

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    As you reach the cage a thorough inspection reveals the case that supposedly held a magic scroll. It is empty. As you turn the case in your hands it loses its lustre, becoming plain wood.

    How much do you know about rituals?
    Ephraim, roll+INT to recall what manner of trickery has taken place here.
    On a 10+, you tell me.
    On a 7-9, I’ll give you good information, with a piece missing.
    On a 6-, you simply aren’t sure. I’ll hold that against you later.

    —————

    Jacyth, proud witch, you press both hands on the tall double doors of the watchtower and throw it open. Beyond is silence, gloom and dust.
    You have the condition: cocky

    The entrance hall of the watchtower is elaborately decorated with ornate spears, kite shields, tattered banners, with paintings of battles and portraits of noble bearing hung from the walls. Every canvas is slashed in half, or else turned to the wall.

    To the east is a staircase.

    To the north is a shattered door leading to another room.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Occult Knowledge

    Occult Knowledge:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=2, 6]

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png


  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    That hollow wooden carving was never a scroll case, there was no scroll. Dark magic was worked to fool you all.

    The Art of Illusion has demonic origins. Lying to man’s senses, falsehoods strong enough to convince the world. Most consider it witchcraft, but the vast majority of witches of the Council despise it—at least in open conversation. Schooling in this Art is therefore a private affair, usually passed from an outcast witch to their own child for generations. You consider a demon might be able to grant such power directly in times like these, but you don’t know for sure.


  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    wc8ev39uico4.jpeg


    The northern door is ajar. A cursory glance shows three bodies left to rot. Not much else can be seen in the sudden dark beyond it—you’ll need a light source if you want to do more than stumble in there.

    A stone staircase spirals up to the next floor. Some broken arrows litter the steps. Blood still shines on their iron heads.

    Jacyth, what do you do?

    —————

    Rain sets in, Argyle. The clouds above are being pushed west, and blacker, heavier clouds are making their way over the land. You glance again at the tall sunflowers and wild wheat as they sway in the wind.

    Suddenly, you where a loud snap. Your faithful terrier returns to your side, back arched and tail stiff with concern.

    Argyle, what do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 6, Armor 1

    Argyle grabs his hatchet and pets Sir Emory a few times. He sidles over to Bennu, talking in a low voice. "Right, preacher. Keep trying from your end, I think something out there has taken an interest. I'll get you what time I can."

    He surveys the field, looking for the source of the noise to stalk in after it.

    ---

    Geth, roll 2d6 for reconnaissance.

    reconnaissance:
    2d6 8 [2d6=3, 5]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    Hacking and crushing your way through, you find an old fountain thick with algae. The water’s surface is coated in it. You’d have to pull some of the thick, moist greenery out to even see the water.

    You must be stood in what was once a town square. You pick out a few segments of brickwork in the distance, but nothing to indicate the scale of the place that was once here.

    Suddenly you see a sunflower stem snapped in half by an unseen force! A line of wheat is being trampled in your direction. You have just enough time to ready yourself!

    Argyle, roll+INT to steel against fear.
    On a 10+, you’re calm. What do you do?
    On a 7-9, pick one:
    • Flee.
    • Lash out recklessly.
    • Lose something.
    On a 6-, I’ll tell you.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    Argyle bites his lip reflexively. Whatever he was worrying about before, it wasn't important now.

    Argyle loses track of something important.

    ---

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for nerves of steel and other metal-themed attributes.

    nerves of steel and other metal-themed attributes:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=1, 4]

    Glazius on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    You feel the rush of air. Then you see the blood. Your blood. Before the pain registers. You stagger back and clutch your chest.

    Argyle, you take 1 damage.
    Geth roll 1d6 for an invisible blade


    Something else isn’t right. Where is Sir Emory? Gone. But how?
    Sir Emory is lost.

    an invisible blade:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 5, Armor 1

    Argyle blew through a gap in his upper teeth. The whistle would be too high for most things to hear. He always did it when he wasn't sure where Sir Emory had gone to.

    Whatever had just hit him was more of a concern. If there was someone else out here, could he risk the lantern...? No, its light never went unnoticed, cursed thing. He'd need the element of surprise. Just had to be quick enough.

    One thing had changed - whatever was out there now had Argyle's blood on its blade. If he could only see that coming...

    ---

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Argyle stabbed first.

    Argyle stabbed first:
    2d6+1 5 [2d6=1, 3]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Sir Emory does not return. You hear a strangled growl cut short.

    As you charge down the invisible foe you feel a pressure, like running into a body, quickly dissipate and pass you like a sudden draft.

    Argyle, your wound is deeper than you realised. Your clothes are drenched a brilliant red.
    You have the condition: bleeding out.

    A faint shadow cast across you from behind. It looks like the figure is clad in steel, longsword raised over their head.

    Roll+DEX to dodge death!

    —————

    Bennu! Now is the time to act! For all your sakes!


  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus -- HP 5, Armor 1

    Corvus was drawn to the runes outlined on the support columns. He studied every line, every curve. The intricacies eluded him. He wished to write them down into his notebook, but for some reason could not tear himself away from the chalk outlines.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for WIS

    WIS:
    2d6+3 12 [2d6=5, 4]

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 5, Armor 1, bleeding out

    Everything slowed.

    ---

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 to dodge death

    to dodge death:
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=3, 4]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Though you could not pierce the Veil of magic, you gain some rudimentary understanding of how this ritual will affect the world. It is the Deconstruct ritual, usually writ to make light work of dismantling a witch’s gun for cleaning, or carefully taking apart an artefact of the past for inspection. Not so here, it has been amplified to dizzying heights—enough to topple the stonework it is on!

    Despite your intent learning, Corvus, the hairs on the back of your neck prick up. Some other sense makes you aware that a thing of the Night Plague is clambering up from the deep canyon. You are well prepared, and have time to make safe the chalk Jacyth gave you.

    First one strange limb, then another. You... don’t care to know what it is. Things like this don’t have names.

    rum1xygk2hpc.jpeg

    You’re in an advantageous position! Your first strike will deal double damage.

    —————

    You instinctively roll to the side, stumbling back, then ducking and weaving in a circle. The sound of each passing strike is like Death itself. You are sure it’s mocking you... some of those swings are the kind of famboyant flourishes a young knight would make during a staged duel.

    A sharp pain flashes from your head and you scuttle back, eyes momentarily blurred. Your left ear is gone.

    You find yourself pressed against the fountain. Your assailant is ten feet in front of you, a bloody longsword floating with intent. Absurd. Truly happening. This is all madness, you briefly consider. Elsewhere you hear something heavy and metal, and several sunflowers are flung up into the air.

    Fighting is no longer an option for you, Argyle.

  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 5, Armor 1, bleeding out, no left ear

    Argyle couldn't bring himself to stand, but he smiled all the same. That is to say, his mouth was open, and his teeth were showing.

    "You arrogant heaps of nightsoil want to watch me bleed? FINE!"

    Both hands grabbed onto the lantern, gripped it desperately, lifted it from his belt. There was already blood enough for its purposes.

    Someone would have heard the sounds of battle, right? Someone would be able to see this light, right?

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The lantern gleefully ignites, spitting blue sparks across your trail of blood. The meadow seems to shudder against its piercing light.

    Argyle, you feel a racing heartbeat coming from the fountain. It’s enough to rattle your teeth! Beneath your fingers the old stone behins to soften and move—muscle, you think.

    No... You’re astounded for a moment. Then it becomes clear.

    Before you stands none other than Solvan Sant. His eyes are empty. His lips are pulled into an inhuman smile. Solvan is trapped in some elsewhere demon’s guts, but black magic allows his blade at least to return to the material with deadly accuracy.
    Parts of his body fluctuate in the light, as if made of mist.

    Further down a hill there is a roar of anger! A large figure in full plate is swinging a great sword wildly. Sir Emory must be there. The knight leaps and vanishes, too far away for the light to reveal any more.

    Argyle, until help arrives you may try to reason with Solvan. Roll+CHA.

    Until you are healed you have -2 STR.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Ephraim, the Exorcist 6/6, 1 armor

    At a loss to explain the hag's disappearance, Ephraim turns to return to the vicinity of the mysterious gate...

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png


  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 5, Armor 1, bleeding out, no left ear

    "Blood and flame! The past never leaves a man alone, does it?"

    It wasn't a promising card to play, but it was all Argyle had left. He gathered as much breath as he could.

    "Hello in there! Sir hunter! Wherever you think you are it ain't your friend! Tear it down! Rip it all apart!"

    --

    Geth, roll 2d6 for a desperate plea.

    a desperate plea:
    2d6 9 [2d6=4, 5]

  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus -- HP 5, Armor 1

    A cold chill ran down his spine as Corvus caught site of the abomination crawling up the canyon wall. The chalk heavy in his hand, he glanced back at the intricate runes Jacyth laid on the pillar. Perhaps if he copied them exactly...

    No, he did not trust himself to interpret the runes correctly. There would be an equal chance of causing a landslide or blowing himself up. He searched the edge of the precipice for a loose boulder. One big enough to roll over the edge, or at least hide behind so he could ambush the creature as he mounted the cliff.
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 For boulder hurling or monster striking

    Geth, roll 1d6+1 for if the sword strike rings true

    boulder hurling or monster striking:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=5, 5]
    if the sword strike rings true:
    1d6+1 2 [1d6=1]

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited December 1
    Solvan rushes towards you Argyle! Their form brushes past you like a frosty mist. He slams his blade into the fountain, and the layer of moss part slowly.

    Looking into the fountain you see a grand hall reflected... or is it beneath it? It’s impossible to tell.

    “Get... the preacher.”, the softest of whispers. “I am so—“

    The lantern is snuffed. It rattles like an angered snake in your hands. The demon has forced back the light. You no longer see Solvan, nor see anything in the fountain.

    Argyle. At the end of your next roll, successful or not, you will black out.

    —————

    The rock you hurl over the edge meets the creature with a satisfying crunch, and together they plummet into the depths below.

    Corvus, you gain 100 experience!
    That’s 275 experience in total.


    You stand at the edge and peer—there are more. Tiny dots scrambling up the sheer cliff. At least five. It’ll be awhile until they reach you... you hope.
    What renowned weapon do you wish you possessed, Corvus?

    —————

    The rain has set in. From meadow to watchtower the sky is black with bruised, churning cloud. Thunder rolls and all manner of flying things, both animal and twisted beast take off for safer climes.
    The rain is so incessant you’ll have to shout just to talk to someone near you.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Argyle, the Ratcatcher -- HP 4, Armor 1, no left ear, bleeding out, blacking out

    The fountain, sunk in the earth, screened from the path by long-forgotten crops. The ruin, there in the distance, right there, close enough to spit.

    But he had no breath, and no voice, and maybe no time either.

    Argyle staggered to his feet, pointed himself at the ruin, and pitched forward, trying to keep himself as balanced as he could. Maybe he'd be able to stay upright all the way there, burst out of the ground cover, and people would know to investigate where he came from. Maybe he'd even be conscious long enough to tell them about the fountain.

    Wouldn't that be nice?

    ---

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for run run, hurry hurry!

    run run, hurry hurry!:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=2, 1]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited December 2
    You have just enough breath to shout, “Fountain!”, before passing out. You haven’t moved more than a foot from it before tumbling to the earth.

    A countdown is set for Argyle’s death. If he is not stabilised by one that can heal by Monday 2200 GMT... he is doomed!

    Only Argyle may read this:
    “You are so far from comprehending this dream. It is such a pity. I hoped you would last a little longer before fooling yourself.”

    Space is cut out where a person would be. They take a long drag of a pipe and blow a circle of smoke upwards. A halo of smoke.

    “All this fear, worry, anger... about what? If you understood anything you would walk freely between planes of existence. Your view is so limited.”

    The voice holds you in the palm of their hand.

    “In time I will expand it. You have a purpose Argyle, so I don’t think you’ll be dying. Far from it.”

    Endless_Serpents on
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Corvus -- HP 5, Armor 1

    "Well, that went better than expected" thought Corvus. Then he spotted the rest of the figures crawling, inhumanly and inexorably up the canyon wall. If only he had the power to bend these creatures to his will. The abilities of the necromancer wizards of legend. What sacrifices he would make to posses dominion over his own death. He'd heard the tales of the Undying Staff between the war mages of his company. Before that fateful night he never believed them, but perhaps in this age anything is possible.

    Corvus returned to the inscribed rune on the column, took out the chalk, and stood sentry. He waited for Jacyth's signal or barring that, the first sight of a creature heaving itself over the edge. Either way, he was prepared to run. He only hoped that Jacyth would finish her task before they were upon him.

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
Sign In or Register to comment.