As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    >_>

<_<

250px-GGI.png

e: Worst TOTP ever

Jragghen on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Siren also poisons or saps I think so that eats the astra and you get silenced.

Feels really weird to skip realms on parade.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    shit hmmm...well I guess it's time to dust off my Seifer, Rufus and Sephiroth BSB team. I wanted to go Jill USB, Kuja USB and Cid BSB but my current Astra is limited to Iris.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Got a win vs Phoenix, something like 35 seconds. Noticed I somehow ended up at over 1500 red 5* motes (seriously, why do those pools suck so bad), so I don't feel too bad about doing a LD for Wakka of all people

Tyro: godwall, Mako Might, wrath+entrust to Elarra
    Elarra: USB1 + BSB, ATK/MAG dance, RM extra meter when receiving hits
    Tidus LD; Chain + USB1, Dr. Mog's, Sapphire Bullet R4
    Bartz LD: USB1 + BSB(water), 30% sword damage, water+lightning spellblade R4
    Wakka LD: USB1, 30% blitzball damage, Full Break + Sapphire Shot R3
    RW: Priestess (!)
    Magicite Geosgaeno (Famfrit, Kraken, Seraph for MND boon, Evrae)

Will have to play with it, maybe I can get it sub-30 if I switch Tyro to Ramza or Ignis and RW Wall

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What does Wakka have again?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Extra Water damage and chance to Imperil Water with Sharpshooter abilities.

• Options
    Oh. There’s much worse than that somehow.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Threw some mythril in for RoP and got a bit lucky.

Type 0: 1/3, Deuce USB (dupe). Eh, at least I have a 7-star version now.

FFT: 1/3. Alma USB "Sacred Barrier". Haste, Protect, Shell, major Regen, Reraise, and all down allies are raised with moderate HP. They also get a barrier to let them dodge one debuff. Yep. That's a damned run saver if I ever saw one. And it's only a USB instead of a AOSB? Is there a downside to this break, or...?

I had some extra mythril burning a hole in my pocket, and I was bored. So I dumped it into one of the last 11x draws for 15 that I'd had lying around- I still have my XV, my III, and my Type-0 to do on those. I figured I'd roll on the XV banner and see what came out.

3/11.

Three discos. No doubles.

Noctis AOSB "Critical Link". Three massive physical attacks with a 100% crit rate that can break the damage cap.

Prompto Chain "Custom Starshell". 150-hit Lightning chain with major ATK boost and also majorly increases Lightning damage.

Aranea OSB "Highwind(XV)". A massive lightning/dark jump attack that hits harder with a slight weakness or weakness present, can break the damage cap.

Uhm... if anyone is looking for their draw luck, I think I found it...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    That Alma's USB's catch is "no medica, also reraise sucks."

haste/protect/shell/major regen is great - but you want your healer to be able to spend meter healing everyone with a medica.

Reraise sucks because people come back without their buffs (haste, protect, shell, wall, attack buffs, etc) so they're just sitting ducks.

I didn't think XV was up yet? That's a hell of a draw though.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    That Alma's USB's catch is "no medica, also reraise sucks."

haste/protect/shell/major regen is great - but you want your healer to be able to spend meter healing everyone with a medica.

Reraise sucks because people come back without their buffs (haste, protect, shell, wall, attack buffs, etc) so they're just sitting ducks.

I didn't think XV was up yet? That's a hell of a draw though.

The XV draw he did was the discounted realm draw, 15 for 11 relics.

I've had Reraise work for me occasionally, but with the caveat that I'm using Porom's Ultra for Reraise; it being an instant medica itself, with Last Stand, I can in certain fights drop another one to protect the revivees as they come back. And hopefully it's also at a moment where I'm reupping my buffs.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    The other catch to Alma's USB is that it isn't instacast, but honestly it's still a whole lot of good things packed into one move. If it had a Medica or 0CT it would just be plain unfair to all other healers.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was the discounted realm draw. I'm sitting on a bunch of stamina potions, too, and I have enough greens to refill off the chocobo store... it's looking like Sunday is going to be a good grinding for SBs and Materias day. I have so many to grind and learn so I can get my teams together... but the more options I have, the better!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    XV: Prompto BSB

Nothing world breaking, but might be just enough to get me to sneak past 30s on the XV 280

• Options
    edited December 2018
    XV dropped me Gladio's LMR. Which, ehhh. I already dove him in hopes of getting him to do good work for Quetzalcoatl, so this Cover LM is fighting with Sword-based damage up and Attack Up on hits taken. It's a hard sell, particularly when that still wasn't quite enough power, compared to Guy.

But, since I have my Zappy Birds, I can perhaps use him for fights where overwhelming power isn't as necessary.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Dupe day again for me

Daily draw: Rapha BSB dupe
    XV RoP: Gladio BSB dupe

Womp Womp

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I had it set in my phone there's maintenance tonight, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It's gotta be soon, no?

• Options
    Maintenance is usually at 12am PST or thereabouts, so if there is one it would be in like 6 and a half hours.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Maintenance is usually at 12am PST or thereabouts, so if there is one it would be in like 6 and a half hours.

Don't they usually give a few days heads up?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2018
    XV - 1/3 - Gladio LMR

I dunno about this one, doesn't seem overly hottt.

A duck! on
  • Options

Don't they usually give a few days heads up?

Yes, that too. Apparently we haven't received any heads up, so either no maintenance, or intern forgot to send out message and apology bard mote incoming.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    XV: 2/3, one disco. Noctis Glint (dupe), Noctis USB2 (dupe).

Please, someone take my luck. Nothing but great relics and they're all dupes!

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Gladio glint. That seems handy if I ever get around to the 5 star magicites. Hades and Siren still in my way.

• Options
    Killed the FF9 Torment Part 2 just barely under 30s. My Magicite actually got the killing blow. Boy does that boss do a lot of damage. Is this considered one of the harder Torments? I don't see how you do it without Eiko's guts Medica.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    XV parade - Noctis Glint

Seems pretty useless. I have no supporting relics.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    XV parade - Noctis Glint

Royal Guardian (100% HP Bubble and Combat damage boost), or Warp Factor (crit damage buff and speedcast)?

• Options
    Killed the FF9 Torment Part 2 just barely under 30s. My Magicite actually got the killing blow. Boy does that boss do a lot of damage. Is this considered one of the harder Torments? I don't see how you do it without Eiko's guts Medica.

The trick is that's the home of (good!) trance LM2s, they expect you will have three to five of them and the attack routine is programmed accordingly.

Someone on Reddit did part 2 sub 30 with no soul breaks at all, just some excellent hones and a set of trances.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    XV Prompto Materia....hmmm.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    XV parade - Noctis Glint

Royal Guardian (100% HP Bubble and Combat damage boost), or Warp Factor (crit damage buff and speedcast)?
    The second one. I don't have a source of crit chance in the realm and I never bother with non-elemental teams anymore, so...

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    IIRC, the only things in realm that would interact with it would be Noctis's Arcane, or Ignis's Burst.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    So, uhh, there was a Livestream earlier from the developers and there is some stuff to see in ~6 months.

Elemental Sacred Weapons

Records Lab:
    Gain Anima Lenses from events, pulling dupes. Three tiers of lenses, they are redeemable for:
    L1 - Unique, SSB
    L2 - BSB, OSB, or LMR
    L3 - USB

New Magicite Dungeon: Boss strength/weakness will depend on your first attack. Use Water, it will be weak to it and attack with fire. Reward is a 6* Accessory that has moderate resist to all elements.

6* Glints. Can only be used once per battle, consumes no meter. Example: Kain 6* glint, 0CT, instacast 1, no air time for a short period of time.

Upcoming JP fest will have dream selects in the LMR, BSB, OSB, USB, Glint, and AOSB categories.

More rewards for 3 and 4* Magicites. Less exp to level 4*s.

Accessories will be able to be converted to Rainbow Shards.

Anyway there's a bunch more but that seemed like some of the really interesting stuff.

Edit: More details on Lens stuff, it's not a one to one sort of deal; you get x number of lenses per whatever but you need like 1000 to cash in for a relic. Less cool but it's still getting to pick something for collecting rewards so better than nothing. Also you get retroactive rewards if you cleared a record dungeon or whatever that will now get the updated reward.

3 & 4* magicite fights will now have a continue option, which gives some stat boosts and 1 ether.

Crit rate for bosses to be adjusted in Magicites, torments, record, and boundless. I'm assuming down/removing, less random bullshit lucky bosses I hope.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Oh shit, you can trade in accessories? Shouldn't have sold all those DEF/RES 5* ones then.

• Options
    Eh, I was going to say that, but we got more notice than Japan at any rate. Probably trade in all the debuff resists by then and hope for the best.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Oh shit, you can trade in accessories? Shouldn't have sold all those DEF/RES 5* ones then.

That's kind of annoying, I just cleaned out a bunch of junky 5* accessories. Oh well.

Interesting thought: I still have a bunch of accessories in the Gyshal Shop, if they aren't removed, I can save them there until we get this update, to convert to rainbow shards

• Options
    My vault is gonna be SO BIG from holding onto things for rainbow shards.

• Options
    Well, 800 slots. Then you get to replace your 1-4 with 5 in FFRK UI up to ten a time. Looking forward to that.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Eh, I was going to say that, but we got more notice than Japan at any rate. Probably trade in all the debuff resists by then and hope for the best.

I’m still gonna hold on to 5 of each ailment if I can. Even if many fights use auto-hit ailments or use them infrequently enough that Astra can serve, I can’t be certain that I won’t have to contend with an old-school ailment spammer who’s better dealt with usinf Affliction Break and resistances. Better, I think, to have a few extra slots filled then to run into a fight for which I don’t have the tools, because I sold them off.

• Options

I’m still gonna hold on to 5 of each ailment if I can. Even if many fights use auto-hit ailments or use them infrequently enough that Astra can serve, I can’t be certain that I won’t have to contend with an old-school ailment spammer who’s better dealt with usinf Affliction Break and resistances. Better, I think, to have a few extra slots filled then to run into a fight for which I don’t have the tools, because I sold them off.

I still hold onto way too many things. Excluding the last couple I haven't stuck in my spreadsheet yet, I've got 145 accessories.

• Options
    I figure, keep enough of each accessories to cover a full team for whatever element/debuff, chuck the rest to rainbow shards for me.

Priority to keeping accessories that have dual or more resistances, as they are big time inventory savers.

I was actually thinking of purging some accessories last week, good thing I never got around to it. I doubt accessories will give very many shards, but with a new tier of sacred weapons, every shard counts I guess.

• Options

Eh, at most I'm going to be out 1 mythril and some orbs and crystals. I can live without that.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I just realized the feature I most want.

You know how they're going to update the auto feature to do SBs and abilities? Add the Gambit system from XII. Have various gambits be rewards for events and allow us to customize our Auto config and store it with teams. So then, once you can beat a 5* magicite the game becomes "okay, now how do I program this?"

This discussion has been closed.