As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Kelger is officially in busted good tier

That's entirely too many V events JP have had one every month for the past three months

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Got Yang's USB on my daily draw. Damn. That's just good. No ifs ands or buts about it.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Here's someone on reddit who got sub-30 on the middle difficulty of Deadeye, where the only SBs used were Aranea BSB and Relm BSB.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    JP banners are now saying if an item is a dupe

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well

i also got an insane item on my daily draw. kain chain.

except i already have it :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I also got an insane item in my Daily Draw.

Defense Veil: minor petrify resistance.

I think this is the first 5*, no SB item I've ever pulled in a draw.

I also did my last 15 mythril pull, Type-0: Machina OSB, BSB.

Eh, at least it's not a dupe. I already had his SSB so now I've got a couple more tools for him.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I've been going through and tossing debuff resist accessories. I should probably throw them all but I'm keeping the game ending ones for MP and such, but in any real content everything is autohit so blind resist silence resist is gone.

I cleared my magicite quest for last month so I feel like I owe myself another 15 draw, but I'm not really sure where my best bet is.

FFI Just seems a waste even though there are two chains here. I have the upgraded dark chain.
    FFII I already have most Maria junk and KB is down.
    FFIV golbez chain and that doublecast USB. probably should pull here.
    FFVI Celes USB looks good. Strago chain would be nice.
    FFVIII Laguna chain or Rinoa AOSB would be good.
    FFX Riku chain? I'd probably still rather use Tidus. Is Tidus AOSB in?
    FFXI Shanotto chain would be good, but probably the only good pull here. Scared.
    FFXII I should pull here but this realm is so MEH
    FFXIII I have all lightning junk except LMRs. Have Raines BSB and OSB. eh?
    FFXIV No interest.
    FFXV Probably should pull have little
    FFT Ramza Chain or TG CID USB would be good.
    FFT0 I could use Cinque USB for the bird I think.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Torment VI 280 in 29.52 seconds. Finally got around to it. The 280s are more a matter of finding time than gear, one ringer from out of town is enough to fix almost any realm. Mog BSB, Relm BSB, Setzer entrusting, Locke ASB/USB-imperil/LD, Terra everything always.

Accidentally started a round against the D??? before starting the sub-30 280 fight. Took me a couple of rounds to be sure what was going on. Still almost got a 50%, largely because of Terra. Locke only had 12 total hones, no 6* thief yet, and I haven't figured out yet how to skip the second sleep (does Locke need an enfire?). And I'd rather be using Shadow USB instead of Setzer for D???. And most importantly, Terra was in the 3rd slot, so she died right before finishing an OSB that would have put me over the top (she capped her ASB). So... 50% should be a cinch. I need to look at the reddit mastery thread, I might be able to get much further.

edited November 2018
    Tired of writing documentation, did my VIII draw because I'm not expecting a sudden phantom 50 mythril draw I want to do to appear.

3/11, two disco
    Squall BSB2 (slightly irritating because this is a dupe of a choice I made earlier)
    Selphie USB (instant h85, astra, reraise) - that's a weird one, but it's an instant medica and my previous best in-realm was her SSB, so great.
    Fujin AOSB Neat! Got her BSB and SSB, AND she's already dived from back when that combo was quite powerful, so I'm going to be able to do some fun shenanigans with this.

e: Game, I have enough magic thrown weapons in 8. Yeesh. I've got:
    Valkyrie (Rinoa Unique)
    Sorceress's Might (Edea Super)
    Edea's Valkyrie (Edea Burst)
    Fujin's Shin-Chakram (Fujin Burst)
    Crystal Cross (Rinoa Burst)
    Twin Viper (Rinoa Over)
    Conformer (Rinoa Chain)
    Wing Edge (Rinoa Glint)
    Fujin's Wing Edge (Fujin Arcane)

Also also I just realized this Selphie USB is my first USB in-realm. Huh.

e: good draw made me keep going.

X: 4/11, one disco
    TINY BEE
    dupe auron BSB (the enElement one)
    Paine LMR (eh)
    Paine USB (okay, maybe I should dive her now)

XII: 3/11 ALL DISCOS
    Larsa USB (whoo!)
    Penelo USB (FOURTH FUCKING COPY)
    Fran USB (ice/dark, imperil ice, and....party quickcast 2? I could see this thing having a lot of value in torment)

Jragghen on
    Congratulations and welcome to the Tiny Bee club!

Congratulations and welcome to the Tiny Bee club!

8 is my weirdest fucking realm.

I have literally every burst except Ward, Ultimecia, Kiros, and I think Selphie and Zell's seconds. Also got 7 supers.

Until this draw, I had nothing above a burst for anyone other than Rinoa, who has her glint, OSB, and chain (and squall's LMR).

Almost the whole realm is ice-typed, so that chain with those bursts can still carry me over the finish line for most stuff, but top end content has felt super awkward with them lately.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I kind of WANT a Tiny Bee now.

I feel left out.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Well, ran the XV discount draw in honor of the Torment.

3/11: All discos:

Aranea Ultra (dupe)
    Aranea Ultra (dupe)
    Noctis Arcane

Well, that's certainly interesting. Unfortunately, Noctis's Arcane is probably the least useful Arcane (despite the 100% Crit chance), as it's really meant just for Omniresist bosses or an XV Chain. On the other hand, the XV Torment is here, and it's a neat-looking animation either way. A little salty at the double Aranea dupe. But I guess making the wristband more powerful isn't a bad thing.

Javen wrote: »
    I kind of WANT a Tiny Bee now.

I feel left out.

Bah, I got two, one for each hand!

I should probably combine them because I dunno what else to do with it.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    holy shit! I got both Gladio's Glint and his USB! In what order are you supposed to use them?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The 260 CM is hells of rough this time.

Honestly? I think just use the USB and enjoy the 10 ATK from the Glint.

Glint won't make it so your two abilities aren't heavy combat, and USB makes to so you don't need to hone enough for Ability boost to really give some oomph.

edited November 2018
    XV torment part 1 done in 21 seconds. I brought in Onion as a ringer, but I feel like I'm too slow in getting Protectga up; maybe I should run with Rikku in part 2.

Is there a better way to equip Noctis (with BSB, Arcane, and LMR) other than Lifesiphon and Omega Drive?

edit:

Man, pity poor Noctis. His non-elemental schtick really hurts; in a wholly idealized situation (XV chain), his Arcane was only able to do about 34k a hit to the boss. I honestly think I'd do better with Gladio and his OSB.

Enlong on
    I found he did better with lightning equipment and the 6* and 5* Celerity abilities.

Oh, I didn't think about giving him those. They would pair perfectly with Prompto and Aranea. If this Gladio attempt flops, I'll try that.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

It was slightly easier for me since my XV team is pretty stacked, but yeah that's some pretty nasty damage coming your way. I never had Reraise or Last Stand trigger, though.

Luckily, the boss only has 30-50% break resist, and XV has three characters with breaks (Ignis/Prompto have 5* Support, Iris has 4* Dancer). Also, the boss is completely piercing, so the game is basically telling you to RW Cloud USB. :P

After playing around with it in the CM, I have come to the conclusion that Ignis BSB is crazy good. I had him do nothing but spam buffs on Noctis, and with Full Break/Armor Breakdown/Prompto SSB/Cloud USB/Burst Mode, Noctis was getting 23k a hit using Omega Drive. He even had enough meter to use his AOSB at the end for 84k per hit.

Darklyre on
    Oh, it's completely piercing?

Well, I could've saved myself some time and had Iris BSB on turn 1 instead of casting Protectga.

Anyway, I got a sub-30 of part 2. Team was Gladio (OSB, Earth Sabre), Prompto (USB, electric Machinist combo), Aranea (USB, lightning dragoon combo), Iris (BSB, Protectga, Curada), and Ramza as an off-realm ringer (BSB2).

It got rough, and Prompto died in every attempt, but I finally got one where Gladio and Aranea both survived long enough to fire off their big guns and bring the boss down.

Darklyre wrote: »

It was slightly easier for me since my XV team is pretty stacked, but yeah that's some pretty nasty damage coming your way. I never had Reraise or Last Stand trigger, though.

Luckily, the boss only has 30-50% break resist, and XV has three characters with breaks (Ignis/Prompto have 5* Support, Iris has 4* Dancer). Also, the boss is completely piercing, so the game is basically telling you to RW Cloud USB. :P

After playing around with it in the CM, I have come to the conclusion that Ignis BSB is crazy good. I had him do nothing but spam buffs on Noctis, and with Full Break/Armor Breakdown/Prompto SSB/Cloud USB/Burst Mode, Noctis was getting 23k a hit using Omega Drive. He even had enough meter to use his AOSB at the end for 84k per hit.

In the 280 torment, Ignis buffs on Noctis (with Gladio's buff, too) made his BSB entry basically an instant-cast OSB which increased the chain hits by 10. Early in the chain it's doing around 5k per hit, late in the chain it's up in the 7-8k per hit range.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So the FFXV banner is more or less a Torment killer, huh? The only improvement for the Torment specifically would be dropping the Chain for Ignis USB for party quickcast.

I think pretty much every event for the foreseeable future has at least one banner that is the "Torment killer" for that realm.

wait, there's only 1 FF15 banner?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    FFXV 100 gems: 3* blah. Well, I'm basically at the point unless I have a string of 10 hits in a row, I'll be below EV for a long enough term to be indistinguishable from forever.

Data for posterity:
    27 misses in a row

38/337 lifetime

5/82 this batch

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

So managed the D240 Deadeye in ~16ish seconds with:

Noct Flash Disaster/Ripping Bolt BSB/AOSB
    Gladio Earthbringer/Gaia Cross BSB/OSB
    Iris Curada/Protectga SSB TGM LMR
    Prompto Power Breakdown/Entrust No SB
    Aranea Cyclone Bolt/Lightning Dive No SB
    Behemoth King

I would Entrust a bar to Iris turn 1, wait for her to get it, Hastega everyone via SSB, then Protectga, and start healing. Prompto wouldn't be fast enough to cancel Intimidate before the turn 3 attack, unfortunately, not having Haste soon enough.

This did NOT work for the 280, however. Even with TGM speed and LMR for the occasional W-cast, Iris was too far behind on healing after spending the first 2.5 turns waiting for Entrust, hasting the team via SSB, and putting Protectga up (barely before the 3rd turn AoE). Also the overflow 2 slot piercing attack hurt like crazy. Probably going to have to sub her out for a healer with a BSB carrying Protectga and Hastega.

Should that not speed things up enough, I might just need more relics, since I have no relics for Prompto, Aranea, or Ignis to up their DPS. Maybe just one of Ignis/Promto on Power Breakdown/Entrust, and the other Wrath/Entrusting to Gladio for OSB spam.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    100-gem'd the XV banner and got Noctis Glint.

That'll do, game.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    I got another 6* from daily.

Dupe gaffgarion ultra.

Butwhy.gif

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    IV pull, Edge BSB (have his USB so pretty meh)
    Rosa USB !!! I kind of forgot this existed after they swiped it off that fest banner what a year ago? This really blows her SSB out of the water. I wonder if there is anywhere I can use the thing now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

So managed the D240 Deadeye in ~16ish seconds with:

Noct Flash Disaster/Ripping Bolt BSB/AOSB
    Gladio Earthbringer/Gaia Cross BSB/OSB
    Iris Curada/Protectga SSB TGM LMR
    Prompto Power Breakdown/Entrust No SB
    Aranea Cyclone Bolt/Lightning Dive No SB
    Behemoth King

I would Entrust a bar to Iris turn 1, wait for her to get it, Hastega everyone via SSB, then Protectga, and start healing. Prompto wouldn't be fast enough to cancel Intimidate before the turn 3 attack, unfortunately, not having Haste soon enough.

This did NOT work for the 280, however. Even with TGM speed and LMR for the occasional W-cast, Iris was too far behind on healing after spending the first 2.5 turns waiting for Entrust, hasting the team via SSB, and putting Protectga up (barely before the 3rd turn AoE). Also the overflow 2 slot piercing attack hurt like crazy. Probably going to have to sub her out for a healer with a BSB carrying Protectga and Hastega.

Should that not speed things up enough, I might just need more relics, since I have no relics for Prompto, Aranea, or Ignis to up their DPS. Maybe just one of Ignis/Promto on Power Breakdown/Entrust, and the other Wrath/Entrusting to Gladio for OSB spam.

drop Iris and Prompto for whatever ridiculous healer and buffer you have. You can put two off-realm characters in a D280 team and not be penalized too horrifically.

Question, how does the Series Chain in the Torments compare to a Gen 2 Chain?

edited November 2018
    Question, how does the Series Chain in the Torments compare to a Gen 2 Chain?

Dr. Mog's "Bonds of Historia" (the Series Chain RW available in Torments)
    - chain count limit of 150
    - 30% "field effect" damage bonus

Gen 2 chains
    - 50% "field effect" damage bonus
    - usually also have a large ATK or MAG bonus (Edward Chain is medium MAG/MND)

Gen 1 chains
    - chain count limit of 99
    - 20% "field effect" damage bonus
    - other effects vary

"Gen 3" chains (that's what I'm calling them for the moment. The realm chains that are actual relics you can pull for characters)
    - 50% "field effect" damage bonus
    - so far, they all have party haste and +30% ATK/MAG

Fry on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I was wondering why the XV Torment 240 was so painful.

Whoops, forgot that Protectga is a thing!

Still beat it in 23s, but that was somewhat touch and go.

Also did two 15 mythril pulls.

XI - 1/11, Ayame LMR. Yayish?
    XIV - 2/11, Potato LMR, Cid XIV BSB. Decently useful!

My discounts are reduced to 1, 2, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, and Type 0. Today will likely be my last daily discount pull for a while. So I need to pick which one is the most likely to be good.

Enlong wrote: »
    My discounts are reduced to 1, 2, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, and Type 0. Today will likely be my last daily discount pull for a while. So I need to pick which one is the most likely to be good.

I was looking forward, and I don't think I'm going to pull on any realm banners short some kind of emergency in the next six months. There's just too many lucky draws to do.

I'm down to 1-3 and Type 0. Should probably stretch them out because otherwise I'm done with pulls until the next realms on parade, I think.

Enlong wrote: »

I was looking forward, and I don't think I'm going to pull on any realm banners short some kind of emergency in the next six months. There's just too many lucky draws to do.

The only one I’m interested in is ff8.

My life for an ice chain.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I'm pulling on all of them as I have mythril, and letting my wife pick a realm number each time. Seems easier than really trying to analyze what is the most helpful right now, but I also haven't been worried about staying on top of all content for awhile. I've still not touched Siren or Hades for example.

This discussion has been closed.