As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I could see Oathkeeper+Oblivion being a relic for Roxas’s Arcane or some variety of Ultra (Magic Hour, probably?)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Interesting question that would make pulling on KH easier:

Do you think we will get Anima Lenses for our pulls on KH? Japan will get them. Anima Lenses are when you pull a dupe you get a thing that you can trade for older relics.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

Do you think we will get Anima Lenses for our pulls on KH? Japan will get them. Anima Lenses are when you pull a dupe you get a thing that you can trade for older relics.

I would guess we will probably not get that system.

But I'd give it maybe 20% that the global devs somehow screw up and still have calls to that system, and so the game crashes when you try to do a relic draw.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»

I would guess we will probably not get that system.

But I'd give it maybe 20% that the global devs somehow screw up and still have calls to that system, and so the game crashes when you try to do a relic draw.

If there's anything with Anima lenses, I would guess it's like last time and they do a system update and global just gets the system early.

The other thing to keep in mind is that KH probably will have the nerfed banner drop rates that JP has now.

• Options
    An example of how crazy Syldra is making me; I decided it would be a good idea to break out my Manticore team again and grind out 4 more copies just to get a slight edge in DPS over what I'm pulling now.

• Options
    Were we expecting dream draws dropping tomorrow? I don't think I was.

• Options
    I absolutely was not.

....I am not sure whether any USB would help me sans chain right now, either?

• Options
    This seems like a ploy to extract money from players right before Kingdom Hearts drops a couple of Arcane Awakenings on us to obliterate all difficulty for the next year.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    That’s been everything they e done for the last month heh

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I think Japan had a midsummer dream draw, so this should line up with it.

Sucks for us though, the timing with the KH stuff around the corner.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Earth magicite will be up when maintenance is over.

Realms on parade starts 3/8.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Well, good for the Earth Magicites, then.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Even if I had Syldra, not sure if this would work against Adamantoise:
    Zack CSB/BSB LD
    OK mUSB LD
    Palom USB LD
    Fujin SSB/OSB/AOSB
    Healer of some kind

Covers all the bases, but Palom's initial cast will do zero damage/chain count, and Zack will be lackluster. Chain is pretty much required to break Savage mode though, since the boss takes half damage under it, plus buffs Shell and +500% RES periodically.

E: maybe Alphinaud BSB instead of Palom?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Some nice QOL changes.

Relic auto-sell for relics below 5*. Although now we are supposed to save them for rainbow whatevers so this is actually no longer useful.
    Relic Draw Animation SKip
    Change number of selectable items from 10 to 20.
    Soul breaks will show entire description of the soul Break. FINALLY.

3 Stamina potions for the +++ costing too much stamina.

There is a wind pickup banner but its full price and doesn't have a chain.

Attack and Magic softcap up.

Fat chocobo now has crystals.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Introduction data for Awakening Soul Breaks have been mined and dated for the 21st, so it is exceedingly likely Kingdom Hearts with have new Awakening SBs.

• Options
    Also, a bunch of characters got their legend Materia changed to fit a different element, or all elements, like Jecht and Terra.

• Options
    You probably weren't buying major orbs from the fat chocobo anyway, but the limited time orbs are now more expensive than regular price orbs :/

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Is geocities the only 5* with Blade Ward?

Standard Dirt Snake Team did not succeed.

ans8r1cwl0kz.jpg

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Is geocities the only 5* with Blade Ward?

Standard Dirt Snake Team did not succeed.

[https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/f1/ans8r1cwl0kz.jpg[/img]

Mateus.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    []

Enlong on
  • Options
    Wind pick-up 100 gems: 4* blah

Data for posterity:
    7 misses in a row

39/363 lifetime

1/13 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is "just kill yourself" levels of bad RNG. Fuck me forever)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB (twice!).

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    you know what, I welcome that Major Arcana change. Seriously there is only so much Magicite Leveling my heart can take.

edit: so it's the Golden Festival USB draw huh? Man a few weeks ago I would've bought Orlandeu's USB...now I wonder. I actually so try to pick up something for the realms I haven't cleared 280s yet like 3 and 14. Or maybe pUSB or mUSB

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Daily hit: Aria LMR2, which gives me both her LMR and nothing else :p

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    wait a sec. biggest buff. Sky High is 5 hits finally!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    you know what, I welcome that Major Arcana change. Seriously there is only so much Magicite Leveling my heart can take.

edit: so it's the Golden Festival USB draw huh? Man a few weeks ago I would've bought Orlandeu's USB...now I wonder. I actually so try to pick up something for the realms I haven't cleared 280s yet like 3 and 14. Or maybe pUSB or mUSB

This is actually just the "Midsummer Dream Selection", ported forward two seasons for Global. There will be more and more varied Dream Selects with the Fest next month.

• Options
    Apparently the jump airtime "fix" was stealthily implemented.

Before: airtime counted down while other animations played, so you would often have dragoons landing immediately after the next action
    Now: it doesn't do that, so dragoons will have very slow DPS unless you use Cyclone Bolt or other tech to remove airtime

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Ugh if only there were something for Zack in the AA!

Think IX main character with usb would be better than Bartz with usb for Hecate?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I wonder what USB I could purchase that would help with Syldra

• Options
    If it matters to you there is a list on reddit of what's available on the dream select that won't be on anima lenses.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Beasteh wrote: Β»
    I wonder what USB I could purchase that would help with Syldra

Didn't you sub-30 it a few weeks ago? I thought you posted a picture of your clear.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    I... I think I can do this. Just need a bit more crystal water and not try to rush as much.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Wind banner states G5 for 3-pull, but it's not providing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/antg0r/windrelicbanner_states_g5_for_cultof3_but_its_not/

Basically, PSA for anyone who wants to roll the dice, because I would imagine DeNA has to compensate anyone who doesn't hit because that's pretty damn explicit.

• Options
    Also, new magic numbers for new caps:

SAgg1ES.jpg

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Wind banner states G5 for 3-pull, but it's not providing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/antg0r/windrelicbanner_states_g5_for_cultof3_but_its_not/

Basically, PSA for anyone who wants to roll the dice, because I would imagine DeNA has to compensate anyone who doesn't hit because that's pretty damn explicit.

Sidenote: I gave this a shot because I'd love to have that OK AOSB and got a 6*....dupe Luneth off-banner OSB. Where I've already got an 8* copy.

Ahahahaha *sigh* I can't even be mad because I knew it was just rolling the dice for shits and giggles, but come on.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I got Cloud Glint. I'm not sure if this helps me over his BSB2 actually because that is the only combat wind attack. Hmmm.

Why can't anything be a wind sword? Bah guess he can keep using Dorgann's Blade.

Do the new buff numbers make it better to use a high attack power weapon vs small boost under a chain?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I got Cloud Glint. I'm not sure if this helps me over his BSB2 actually because that is the only combat wind attack. Hmmm.

Why can't anything be a wind sword? Bah guess he can keep using Dorgann's Blade.

Do the new buff numbers make it better to use a high attack power weapon vs small boost under a chain?

My gut is higher ATK, but that's just from eyeballing the numbers.

• Options
    What do people use cloud glint for? Just spamming usb1?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I use Cloud's glint to turn on Wind Aura Stacking when I'm doing entrust strats, but that's about it. Usually do something like USB1 > Glint > USB2 > USB1 > USB2 > Arcane

• Options
    Is that stacking powerful compared to command 2 of bsb2?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Hecatoncheir down in 19.28 seconds with Cloud Keeper and the usual suspects.
    Zack Lifesiphon/Ripping Blast (CSB, BSB) Ace Striker (LM1, 2)
    Onion Knight Wrath/Entrust (BSB) DMT (LMR)
    Shelke Wrath/Entrust (No SB) Battleforged (LM1, 2)
    Aerith Curada/Protectga (USB2) MM (LM1, 2)
    Cloud Lifesiphon/Wind Quadstrike (Glint, USB1, USB2, AOSB) +DMG (LM1, LMR w-cast Wind)
    Typhon (+Wind x2)
    Sylph (-Earth)/Silver Dragon (+DEF)/Phoenix (Blade/Spell Wards)/Evrae (+Health)

Major Earth resist on Aerith, Moderate on everyone else. +40% Wind on Cloud, +20% on Zack.

Zack: LS x2, Chain, spam Rippling Blast, BSB when it's up
    OK: BSB, Wall, Wrath/Entrust Cloud
    Shelke: Wrath x2, Entrust Cloud, Wrath, summon Typhon, Entrust Cloud, Wrath/Entrust Cloud
    Aerith: Protectga, Wait for after first Looming Wrath series, USB2, then Curada if you have time, otherwise just wait and refresh USB2. Takes the most practice to learn timing.
    Cloud: Lifesiphon, Glint, USB1, USB2, Quadstrike, USB2, AOSB.

Actually I think I need to run it again to get the exactness down, but that's it 95%.

38thdoe his Glint is good here because the stacking EnWind greatly increases the damage of his SB entries when they break the damage cap.

silence1186 on
This discussion has been closed.