As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Free 40-1 : 6/40, 2 disco
    Cid (VII) BSB
    Garland LMR (dupe)
    Gladiolus LMR
    Theorode LMR - that helmet looks cool AF!
    Alma USB (dupe)
    Orlandeau USB (dupe)

Free 40-2 : 9/40, 4 disco!

Refia BSB
    Serah LMR - a swimsuit, wtf?
    Krile Glint
    Noctis Glint
    Firion OSB
    Lightning OSB
    Mustadio USB
    Relm USB (dupe)
    Locke Arcane

Woah that's a lot of goodies :D

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Serah LMR is +ice light armor

So you can and should make squall or Sora wear it

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ultra select banner for Beyond has Lann as the poster boy.

Select only contains relics for Aemo and Morrow.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    And now, Wonder draw.

1/11. Ovelia Burst2.

Well, way to make me kind of want my money back. Oh well, there's still the ultra selection, I guess.

Which I'm gonna wait on until after I can pull on the Roxas banner, or after something new drops, anyway. It's available until the 13th, and it's a big choice.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    My first 40 pull was 4/40 2 6* all dupes. very rude

Second 40 pull was like 10/40 6 6*, meliadoul usb, aemo usb, vanille usb1, rinoa ice brave, terra brave, dupe noel usb2, edge lmr, decil lmr which would be neat if i had anything, and dupes that i forget. i'd have preferred vanille's actual ultra, and rinoa's earth brave cause i have her usb1, but i broke the seal on anything useful for terra so that's nice, and aemo's usb is actually pretty good.

Wonderous draw was 2/11 2 6*, balthier usb2 which is fine and squall aosb except the fire one not the incredibly good ice one. alas.

Not sure what I'm going to pick, syldra still looms large but I kinda want to pick something for torment.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Had an 8/40, followed by 11/40. Lots of dupes, but highlights were:

Red chain
    WoL chain
    Galuf chain (technically my third, but I didn't remember having it hah).
    Zidane ASB, finally a strong +wind sword.
    Yuffie Glint
    Ignis LMR

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Shit. I thought I would have no problem with Burger King but only using Edward USB as Boostga I'm not capping damage with Rinoa and Maria using Chain Stonega. My best run was 80% using Guy for his Imperil Earth...dammit. Is there another way to boost my mages damage? Already LDed 'em and used Crystal Water. I tried to Bard Song with Edward but there's a lot of ramp up.

Maybe just field Curilla and Radiant Shield this fight?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    And now, Wonder draw.

1/11. Ovelia Burst2.

Well, way to make me kind of want my money back. Oh well, there's still the ultra selection, I guess.

I find for my mental health it works best if I assume the draw itself is going to give me literally nothing. Then I'm just paying $5 (or $30) for the select.
    Knight_ wrote: »
    and aemo's usb is actually pretty good

It is pretty good, and I did use it for a while, but it does have the glaring issue of not being instant.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    And now, Wonder draw.

1/11. Ovelia Burst2.

I find for my mental health it works best if I assume the draw itself is going to give me literally nothing. Then I'm just paying $5 (or $30) for the select.
    and aemo's usb is actually pretty good

It is pretty good, and I did use it for a while, but it does have the glaring issue of not being instant.

oh no i just assumed, i only half read it.

nevermind it's downgraded to i guess serviceable.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    40x draw Cloud USB dupe and Yda USB dupe.
    40x draw Yuna BUSB and Meia OSB.

Nothing on daily.

Why do we have to fight game?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    First pull:
    Emperor LMR - Dupe.
    Cyan LMR - Dupe.
    Vincent doublecast LMR - Decent; have his USB.
    Ingus BSB1- Meh.
    Agrias BSB - Still don't have enough DPS to attempt the top-level Torment.
    Firion USB2 - Maybe decent? Great stat stick at minimum.
    Seymour CSB - Already have Garland, but not bad. 6* +dark staff, too.

Second pull:
    Vaan LMR1 - Worthless.
    Shantotto LMR2 - Have USB+LMR1; not sure this competes.
    Rydia USB1 - Dupe. Why couldn't you be USB2???
    Aphmau USB - Eh. Have Relm USB which is usually better.

That second pull was pretty rough, but not terrible overall. I haven't decided if I'm ponying up for the USB select yet. If I do it'd probably have to be for Godwall (or Onion Ninja USB, but wall is probably better since I have Tyro's crit USB). I might have been foolishly tempted by Rydia USB2 but it's not available.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Shit. I thought I would have no problem with Burger King but only using Edward USB as Boostga I'm not capping damage with Rinoa and Maria using Chain Stonega. My best run was 80% using Guy for his Imperil Earth...dammit. Is there another way to boost my mages damage? Already LDed 'em and used Crystal Water. I tried to Bard Song with Edward but there's a lot of ramp up.

Maybe just field Curilla and Radiant Shield this fight?

If you are using radiant shield you will probably need either an instant cast last stand, or two different last stands. Also you have to defend when he hits for 9999 fixed.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I started writing out things that could be of interest in the USB select and the list started getting way too long. Oh well.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I started writing out things that could be of interest in the USB select and the list started getting way too long. Oh well.

I’m probably going to go for a Knight Ultra, Elarra Ultra, or like, Hope’s Ultra (probably not). If I don’t get an amazing Roxas tool, I’m thinking of grabbing Marche or Orlandeau Ultra.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Ack, should've done my Wondrous Draw when I was running hot earlier. That'll show me, I guess.

2/11: Cid 14 LMR
    Yuffie LMR dupe :bigfrown:

I think this is the game's way of telling me that no matter how many times I pull on the KH banners, I will only get Yuffie LMRs, no Discos ever. A bad omen, for sure.

As for the selection, I'm mulling a few things.

Elarra USB would be the natural choice, except I'd like to hold off until after the 4A Core banner which features it. If I don't get it then, I'll probably buy it with the 4A select.
    Tyro USB3 is still the ultimate slot saver, but I'm not sure when I'd use it now, since I'm pretty much around the Magicite wheel. If I get Elarra USB and Tyro LMR on the 4A Core banner, I'll consider it for the 4A select, I suppose.
    Squall USB2 if I fail to acquire sufficient Sora things to dispatch Syldra.
    Alphinaud USB1 or Barbie USB for Tortuga.
    Madeen I'm definitely set for. Lakshmi I think I can at least beat.
    Ark I have Rem/Minwu/Arc USBs for DPS; my only issue is no Chain.
    Deathguise I might want to pick up Agrias USB2 to balance my lack of Chain.

Other than that, various healing USBs for the New Torments, since most of the bosses' damage seems to be balanced around their respective healer's USB.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    First 40-pull:

5/40, two discos.

* P-Cecil's Glint (enHoly, automatically heal the next 2,000 HP in damage allies take)

* Shantotto's Glint (boost lightning attack two levels, reduce user's action delay for two turns)

* Firion BSB (four ranged physical holy/nonelement attacks to all, allow allies to avoid one magic attack, burst mode for either up to 8 physical holy/nonelement attacks against one with more attacks the more the ability is used or four physical holy/nonelement attacks to one target and reduce delay of the user's next action)

* Gilgamesh (V) USB (dupe)

* Firion USB (10 holy/nonelement physical attacks to one target, enHoly, enter EX mode with moderate increase to attack, and a reduction in delay for the user's attacks)

Second pull:

5/40, two discos.

* Terra Glint (enFire, reduce delay of actions for two turns)

* Garland BSB (eight physical dark/nonelement attacks to one, enDark, haste and Burst mode for either two dark/nonelement to one target and add one rank of Cycle of Death, or four to seven physical dark/nonelement to one target with crit chance, number of attacks and danage dealt dependant on how many stacks of Cycle of Death you have (up to three max)

* Rufus BSB (eight ranged dark/nonelement physical attacks to all targets, reduce their dark resist by two levels, haste and burst mode for either three ranged dark/nonelement physical attacks to one target and reduce user's action delay for two turns or two ranged physical dark/nonelement attacks to all with a small chance to reduce dark resist by one level

* Maria USB (ten magical earth/nonelement attacks to one target, enEarth, moderate MAG buff, small DEF buff, temp doublecast for black magic)

* Snow USB (dupe)

So, to total everything up...

Three glints, three BSB, and two useable USBs. I might hold off on pulls for a while, my luck seems to be shit with them these days compared to the rest of you guys.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Daily draw was Yuffie LMR

40-draw #1: Squall Lion of Destiny, Rinoa USB1 dupe, Tidus OSB, Rikku lmr, Ashe lmr, Sice BSB
    40-draw #2: Prompto USB, Ultimecia BSB, Aemo USB, Thancred lmr, Queen BSB

Wonder Draw: Shadow USB, Maria earth lmr, Meladoule lmr

So many relics.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Maria's USB is p.good. For earth magic, it will tear up things really nicely. She's not as good at overall magic compared to Vivi and Palom (no native or trance w-cast), but that ability double will still work serviceably outside of her expertise.

Firion USB1 is kinda meh right now, as his BSB is his only source of holy attacks to pair with it. But he eventually gets Knight ability access, and it might be worth revisiting his capabilities once he can access actual holy abilities.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I pulled a dupe disco on the daily draw, then 3 dupe discos on my first 40 pull after which I did at least manage to snag aria usb, raijin usb and ramza bsb2 on the second one, along with 4 dupes. That first 40 pull was awful though. No dupes with +element either sadly.

I'll just be glad I'm finally getting elarra usb on the wondrous draw, I'll wait til the end of the period for it though.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Shoulda gotten some magical ice tech from thw Wondrous select, but I went with Ignis USB because he's awesome and because I'm gonna stomp that physical fire magicite into the ground.

• Options
    Shit....got BK down to 99%. Savage Sunder fucked me over. If I had timed my Haste better he'd be dead.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Maria's USB is p.good. For earth magic, it will tear up things really nicely. She's not as good at overall magic compared to Vivi and Palom (no native or trance w-cast), but that ability double will still work serviceably outside of her expertise.

Firion USB1 is kinda meh right now, as his BSB is his only source of holy attacks to pair with it. But he eventually gets Knight ability access, and it might be worth revisiting his capabilities once he can access actual holy abilities.

The good thing about Firion USB1 is the quickcast works on everything, not just holy.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    4x draws:
    3/11 two discos. Gabranth OSB (+dark), Yuffie USB, Gogo LMR (dupe worst relic evar). The +dark weapon will be nice for Riku AASB. Yuffie USB is great, but I have no finisher for her. Maybe she comes to Phoenix to imperil?

5/11 two discos. Kain BUSB, Potato OSB, Laguna BSB, Eiko LMR, Hilda LMR. Well, Eiko's LMR will get used, and Kain's BUSB will be nice for Torment. First thing I've gotten for Kain since his Blood Lance unique four years ago. I've pulled often in an attempt to climb on the Kain Pain Train. Still need his Chain before I can leave the station.

Wondrous Draw:
    3/11 one disco. Aerith BSB1 (dupe), Bartz BSB1, Krile USB1. Krile's USB1 is great for pushing count on a fire chain which I don't have (and besides, Terra everything + Vivi USB + Onion mUSB = enough). Bartz's BSB1 gets me one step closer to complete SSB+ Bartz. All I'm missing are USB2 and Glint.

So, Wondrous Draw... I'm thinking Onion3, Bartz2, or Laguna. The real question is whether Bartz USB1&2+AOSB, Sora AOSB+LMR, Serah/Rinoa CSB, Onion pUSB (or Tyro USB3&4), and Elarra everything will be enough for Syldra, or whether I need an imperil - in which case, Laguna. Thoughts?

Daffydd on
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Shit....got BK down to 99%. Savage Sunder fucked me over. If I had timed my Haste better he'd be dead.

If you have Edge SSB, this is easier. Like this:
    Edge +Blink Skill / Phantasm / SSB / MM
    Shelke Entrust bot / Ace Striker
    Onion mUSB
    DPS
    DPS

It's almost as simple as keeping a two count to keep track of BK's attacks (there are some minor timing twiddles you can make to keep phase timing from being an issue).

If you don't have Onion's pUSB/mUSB, do what you can to fix that, those two relics and Elarra USB are by far the most consistently useful relics in this game. If you don't have Edge's SSB... look forward to Anima Lenses in three months. Edge SSB is an obvious early choice.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Instead of onion musb, braska ssb works fine too for me along with Maria and rydia BSB. I assume even something like potato ssb would work.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Yup. It was all about timing. Also instead of building Rinoa's Brave to level 3 I just used it at level 2. Tho I did panic on one enrage mode. I don't know why but breaking his Enrage worked for me:
    gdodmdemgne6.png

A great idea was using Galuf instead of Guy for his Imperil BSB. He can carry Protect freeing up some turns for Maria and Rinoa to get going. I bet this could be even cleaner if I honed Chain Stonega and Stoneja to R4. Elarra continues to be MVP. Also, I'm so so tempted to get Emperor's USB just to get this done easier. Then I figure I only have to clear BK 7 more times and I think I'm better off using my USB Select on another Waifu pull.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

So, Wondrous Draw... I'm thinking Onion3, Bartz2, or Laguna. The real question is whether Bartz USB1&2+AOSB, Sora AOSB+LMR, Serah/Rinoa CSB, Onion pUSB (or Tyro USB3&4), and Elarra everything will be enough for Syldra, or whether I need an imperil - in which case, Laguna. Thoughts?
    Onion3 isn't available, if that helps

• Options
    Another thing about the Wondrous select - Sephiroth USB2 is a big part of why he's so good in JP. It combines perfectly with his AASB. It's also not available from Anima Lenses.

• Options
    Eh, honestly Sephiroth's Awakening is way more important for him being ridiculous in the future. Breaking past 20k per hit is a little bit overkill, and it doesn't apply to using him to cheat at magic damage.

...but if you like Sephiroth, sure, it seems like a good pickup.

• Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Alright I picked this back up after seeing KH things + the free 40-pulls and now I have new gear! And also QUESTIONS ABOUT IT

How notable are these 6* relics? A few seem obviously good and most seem situationally good:

Kuja USB (soulsplitter)
    OK USB (sage unleashed)
    Matoya USB (crystal power)
    Master USB (empty fist)
    Jecht USB (jecht slash)
    Sice USB (dark nebula)
    Exdeath USB (grand cross)
    Garland USB (source of hatred)
    P. Cecil USB (sacred cross)

Also picked up a few AOSB's but I'm not sure how universally useful those are? They were hyped when they first released but it's been a minute since then

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Aosbs are very good still. They lose a little luster in the aasb era and they’re more of a support relic to other relics, but as of right now they provide unmatched burst and allow you to just end bosses in their most dangerous phases.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I just realized

Sora is going to be choice for Odin.

• Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Aosbs are very good still. They lose a little luster in the aasb era and they’re more of a support relic to other relics, but as of right now they provide unmatched burst and allow you to just end bosses in their most dangerous phases.

Do you plan fights around them? E.g. setting up buffs/breaks/imperils around a character and then trying to end a fight early with the aosb?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Usually AOSBs are good single-shots of damage to get past a certain phase of a boss, or you can put one up on a RW and let them be used that way (I tend to think of them as more useful on RWs because they take forever and ever to generate enough meter to use, myself). Note that a RW with an AOSB can only be summoned once, though.

Fuckit, I'm going to go take my anger out on CPU and just try to burn the damn thing down. I've been stuck on this thing for months, and it's high time I just hone my abilities to help deal with it. I mean, I've got over 200 orbs of each type on 5-star levels except for summon, and enough crystals saved up I think I could get Neo Bahamut to Rank 3, and the rest of the stuff could make rank 3 or 4 easy. I have plenty of lower stuff I could mash together if I needed to, as well...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Wonder draw 1/11 disco

Eiko USB 2. Not sure how often I'd use it over the USB 1, but she is one of my go to healers, and it wasn't a dupe.
    Picked Elarra USB no hesitation. So uh Eiko may be a bit less go to now.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    So, how do I decide what to pick as my Wonder Draw bonus? Or do I need to figure out what I already have to make a decision?

• Options
    edited February 2019
    KiTA wrote: »
    So, how do I decide what to pick as my Wonder Draw bonus? Or do I need to figure out what I already have to make a decision?

You probably want Tyro's Divine Veil Grimoire.

USB selects are basically:

Tier 1: Tyro USB3, Elarra USB1
    Tier 2: OK pUSB, OK mUSB, Cloud USB1, Vivi USB/Palom USB, TGCid USB

It fragments from there depending on what you have.

Divine Veil is "Haste, protect, shell, and wall - 200% DEF and RES" for the whole party.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Dvg is IMO only v good when paired with gen 2 chains

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Dvg is IMO only v good when paired with gen 2 chains

It compliments his primary team:
    Sora AASB
    Krile CSB
    Elarra USB
    Ignis USB

There's no boostga, but with DVG, Elarra can bardboost.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    40 draw #1:
    8/40.
    Dupe Rapha BSB
    dupe Fujin BSB
    WoL Glint
    Rikku USB2 (imperil water)
    Raijin USB (party lightning reflect and 50% crit chance)
    Morrow USB (lol)
    Rem USB1 (holy quickcycle)
    dupe Squall Arcane

So when I get around to doing the D$$$ X Torment, it is going to be fully water imperilled, that will probably be useful. Rem will be good for D$$$ T0 and will probably help with 5* dark magicite. Raijin may or may not see use in VIII Torment, I think I already have the water magicites pretty well in hand. His hammer has a pretty cool in-combat sprite, too bad it doesn't have any kind of boost inherent to it.

40 draw #2:
    6/40.
    Dupe Fujin LMR
    Selphie BSB2 (curaga + RES)
    Quina BSB2 (party Esuna + Astra + 2000 Stock)
    Tidus BSB2
    Tidus USB2 (brave, water aura)
    Delita USB1 (self 50% crit chance and instant cast 2)

Possibly better than, or at least a nice accompaniment to, the Selphie SSB I already had. I guess Quina exists if I really want to try to deploy Astra for the IX Torment. Finally getting a burst for Tidus will be handy for fest bosses, since he's my water chain. And Delita is a cool guy, even if that isn't necessarily an especially top tier SB.

Also that's my third distinct 6* water blitzball, lol

500 gem USB select:
    4/11:
    Marcus BSB
    dupe Raines OSB
    Master USB1 (self crit damage, chase on crits)
    Edea Arcane

Expect nothing, get some useful stuff? Sure, OK

Ok game, I get it, you think I need to get off my ass and sub 30 the D$$$ VIII torment.

Will have to think about what I want to select. Might just get something cool for a character I like/ I don't know that there's anything that's going to be especially helpful with Adamantoise, which is likely to be a problem for me when I get there, due to no Wind chain. Might also grab something for a Torment.

I can already tell I am going to forget 75% of these hits, and some of them are actually pretty useful! I've noted all of this stuff in my log of relic draws so at least I'll remember where I got it.

Fry on
This discussion has been closed.