As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    No. It’s done on the 16th, and today is the 15th.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Is fest done in 30 min?

Tomorrow.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Woo, first Manticore kill, 30.53 seconds. I'm absolutely going to forget how I did it, but I should be able to get three more kills in.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So Allegro Con Moto was the missing piece for Typhon, as I suspected.

Scanning the clear thread on reddit, there's two main takeaways:
    1) Bring Elarra or go home
    2) The structure of the fight is such that you basically have to shoot for a speed kill, so sub-30 (or just over) or bust

I was able to piece together something mostly resembling this.

I don't have Elarra's USB though, only her BSB. So I gave her Gathering Storm and hoped triple cast speed medicas would land in time. Guts was super useful, in lieu of Regenga, for this fight.

My edge's over that clear were a magicite deck honed more for specifically this fight, and instead of Ysayle I was running Rinoa with USB1 and Arcane, which killed the boss right before he killed me.

My problem is if I push the boss from phase 1 to 2 too quickly, Elarra doesn't Medica before Heavensfall, which is a wipe, so RNG boo. Farming may be a nightmare, and I do need ~20 copies of this guy.

Also sometime next February we should get the 6* Cold Machinist ability, which should help a bit. Maybe wait for copies past 4 until then.

• Options
    The reddit mastery threads are depressing.

Feels like 90-100% of the clears these days use Elarra U, Aerith U2, or both.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    As an owner of Elarra U I find that 90-100% of clears require some other darn thing that I don't have. Usual Suspects include Onion p/m USB, Chains, Edge SSB, Palom/Vivi USB, any kind of decent magic anything, etc.

So its not a silver bullet.

I managed to kill Phoenix once and now I can't repeat.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    After much trial and error, I got a win against manticore, happened to be sub 30

Papalymo BSB OSB
    Vivi USB
    Elarra BSB USB
    Tyro super wall, mental breakdown
    Krile chain and chase USB

Elarra isn't a free win here since every other action has a sap on it. Key was opening with BSB for the first heal, last stand saves my butt going into phase 3 and the mnd buff from burst mode helps make the second heal big enough to get through phase 2

Tyro deals with both dispels via re wall and second rw

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hmm I wonder if I could do better on geo by putting Shantotto on slot five so she trances later.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I think I'm just gonna farm exp until the fest is over.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I think I'm just gonna farm exp until the fest is over.

You will hit a point where you stop needing EXP and Growth Eggs way before you stop needing Major Orbs and Crystals, so I'd stick to Crystal farming unless you desperately need someone at level 99 and don't have enough Growth Eggs to put them up right away.

• Options
    the thing is im a lazy bum and there's a bunch of magicite I have to level too and I dont want to hear the hymn today

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Imagine if the Magicites used the music from their respective games.

I suppose Umaro’s Cave would get old when fighting Midgardsormr, though.

• Options
    Geocities is awful. I'm so close but just run out of hones before he dies. Maria is awful without hones.
    Argh.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    As predicted, I can't remember what sort of mystical sequence netted me a Manticore win, and have instead been banging my head against the desk ever since.

• Options
    Magicite is a special torture isn't it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    so I'm sub 30ing Water, Fire, Ice and Wind 4* Magicites. Any suggestions where should I start on 5* Magicites? I'm thinking either Fire (Tidus USB+AOSB, Rikku Chain, Bartz USB1 and Wakka USB Imperil) or Wind (Laguna Chain, Noel USB1+2, Squall BSB2+USB2+AOSB)?

• Options

It’s one of those things that exposes real issues with the systems.

Trying to push the speed as far as it’ll go makes it clear that we need a Wait mode. Enemy crits ruining an otherwise perfect run shows that enemy crits are a bad idea. And such.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    so I'm sub 30ing Water, Fire, Ice and Wind 4* Magicites. Any suggestions where should I start on 5* Magicites? I'm thinking either Fire (Tidus USB+AOSB, Rikku Chain, Bartz USB1 and Wakka USB Imperil) or Wind (Laguna Chain, Noel USB1+2, Squall BSB2+USB2+AOSB)?

The easiest place to break into the wheel is lightning physical, because the Heavy Combat abilities can break damage cap by themselves. Trying to break rage with just OSB/AOSB is quite hard and you won't have the meter to consistently do it (which is why having the previous 5* magicite, along with a chain so they benefit from the aura boost, is so valuable).

That being said, that water team you describe may have the pieces that you might manage to beat Phoenix, maybe. Phoenix is super duper fast with rage up, and your AOSB will only be able to break once.

• Options
    Geocities is awful. I'm so close but just run out of hones before he dies. Maria is awful without hones.
    Argh.

- More hones!
    - Are your other DPS characters running out of hones at the same time? If your other DPS still have gas in the tank, try delaying Maria's USB a couple turns

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

It’s one of those things that exposes real issues with the systems.

Trying to push the speed as far as it’ll go makes it clear that we need a Wait mode. Enemy crits ruining an otherwise perfect run shows that enemy crits are a bad idea. And such.

*highlights, slams agree*

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

The easiest place to break into the wheel is lightning physical, because the Heavy Combat abilities can break damage cap by themselves. Trying to break rage with just OSB/AOSB is quite hard and you won't have the meter to consistently do it (which is why having the previous 5* magicite, along with a chain so they benefit from the aura boost, is so valuable).

That being said, that water team you describe may have the pieces that you might manage to beat Phoenix, maybe. Phoenix is super duper fast with rage up, and your AOSB will only be able to break once.

Oh man. Well I kinda have a Guetto Physical Earth Team with Gladio USB, Bartz USB and Guy BSB for Imperil. No Earth Chain tho. Maybe I can run Ramza with Earth Sabre? Oh! I forgot I also have Dorgann's USB...

• Options
    Physical Earth is really tough. Magical Earth you can beat with radiant shield and last stand.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    In my experience, Guy with his Burst, his legend dive, and the Heavy abilities makes a decent source of Imperil Earth, with access to Stone Press to remove Rage mode. If you have enough power from equipment and Magicite, you can potentially get away with using a heavy charge just once per Stone Press, after the first one, leaving room to use the Burst for more Imperil.

• Options
    Without chain? +30 Atk, Imperil two +earth equip had me 50/50% to break rage without chain.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Gladio USB has heavy charge boost, you absolutely want him as your stone press dude. Once he gets rolling, 2/3 of his actions should be breaking damage limit: his rotation is Grand Charge -> Stone Press -> recast USB. Grand Charge doesn't break damage limit but the other two actions should!

Guy can do monk stuff or whatever

Fry on
  • Options
    I think I'm going to let the rest of my tickets expire. Crystals have exactly zero value for me. No matter what I craft I'm still not punching up into magicite. Very disheartening.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    yeah, I might LD Guy before I try my hand at Quetz. I'm wondering if I should try my hand at 5* Magicite or work on all the d280 Torments I haven't cleared yet. Basically any realm I didn't have a USB or healer.

• Options
    I think I'm going to let the rest of my tickets expire. Crystals have exactly zero value for me. No matter what I craft I'm still not punching up into magicite. Very disheartening.

Just farm Black Crystals while doing something else. It's a break from Magicite at least.

• Options

Were you not just lamenting a lack of hones?

Any old team can auto through the ticketed fights, turn on auto-auto, set speed to 5, and just tap your phone a couple times a minute while you're netflixing or whatever

• Options

Sorry missed your response above. Can't have more than 20 hones is the problem. Everyone runs out of hones around the same time right after stone punch. Shantotto getting tranced later pushes his bar closer to empty but not enough to bring it home while coasting on Elarra USB heals. So its not just hones its hones and healing.

I probably could eventually RNG more victories against phoenix but each attempt goes to 40+ seconds and takes too much time in real life.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Personal opinion here, but tickets are super low effort for something you might need later. They are still releasing new 5 and 6* abilities so you never know if you might need more resources in the future.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Ashe’s Burst provides her a command with useful power, infinite hones, and a bit of personal healing.

I know I keep bringing her up, but she really did help when I did Geo.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I’ll try swapping her for Maria. Without ability double she should have half her bones left and infinite bsb when Elarra and garnet get petrified.

In other news we are apparently getting a login bonus you can purchase.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Poked around at Syldra.

Not sure how to get through phase 3's impenetrable defenses before she hits her 30th turn and goes ballistic. Going to have to mull this over.

Things I've learned: Ignis BSB gets running way too slow without his LMR. Best not to get cute and stick with Onion Knight and his LMR. It helps get set up so much faster.

Actually not sure if Squall BSB2 or his Glint + USB1 (the bad chase one) is better for this fight.

No AOSBs for phase 3 is rough.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Welp, just cheesed Transcendant Bahamut Fury. First time using invincible Galuf.

• Options
    Are there any soul breaks that break DEF/RES/MND?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Are there any soul breaks that break DEF/RES/MND?

I doubt it; I feel like the point of that buff is to be unbeatable.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Ultimecia gets a USB that does, but it's not out in global yet.

• Options
    And I feel like using a slot on a Dark/Wind magic Bubsy in that fight isn't worth the break.

• Options
    When 5* Magicite go past their turn limit, do they get any faster? Or just hit harder?

This discussion has been closed.