As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• FryFry Registered User regular
    When 5* Magicite go past their turn limit, do they get any faster? Or just hit harder?

Usually they just go on a three turn rotation of all their most bullshit attacks. Imperils, stuns, petrifies, paralyzes, huge piercing attacks, etc

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    When 5* Magicite go past their turn limit, do they get any faster? Or just hit harder?

Usually they just go on a three turn rotation of all their most bullshit attacks. Imperils, stuns, petrifies, paralyzes, huge piercing attacks, etc

Hmm. Maybe I can just Wrath/Entrust Aerith and kill Syldra phase 3 via Ice Damage Reflect from Snow?

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    It’s always such a bummer when the power-up dungeons revert to their daily schedule. I need earth or fire crystals, not this dark/ice stuff!

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I screwed up when waiting for the last Exaflare on Transcendent Bahamut Fury, so my first try was only a completion. I ran it again, this time using Curaise immediately after the 86s mark, which was just enough time for Galuf to rezz all of my party members right before Osmosega stole all of the remaining hones, getting me mastery.

It is utterly hilarious seeing Cloud do 380k in a single turn to a D450 boss...using BSB commands. Hell, Luneth was capping with basic attacks after his burst mode ran out.

Fry wrote: »

Hmm. Maybe I can just Wrath/Entrust Aerith and kill Syldra phase 3 via Ice Damage Reflect from Snow?

The good news is, no status bullshit for syldra overtime mode, just a ton of damage. The bad news is, all of her attacks have fast cast speed all the time, and her ATB and cast speed are even faster in enraged mode, she may attack faster than aeris can take instant turns

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Upcoming event in Japan is a V event.

Krile gets the realm chain.
    Galuf gets an earth AOSB.

Lenna gets an AASB: 0CT h105, 70% Raise, Last Stand, Dual Blink 1, Haste to Party. She gets Mercy Awakening: Unlimited White Magic, high quickcast white magic, and party heal on white magic, potency based on hone level.

WOW.

Edit: Lenna also gets a 6* Glint, Proshellga + Haste. 0CT, 0 SB.
    Krile LMR4 start with Haste and IC1

Elderlycrawfish on
  • rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Jesus that’s... something.

What's going to be really crazy is the eventual escalation of white mage AASBs, I'd wager.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    rattletrap wrote: »
    It’s always such a bummer when the power-up dungeons revert to their daily schedule. I need earth or fire crystals, not this dark/ice stuff!

You can never have enough dark orbs. NEVER.

Also I still need a fuckton of ice crystals

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    And yet I feel that will still somehow not be enoug healing for sone fights.

Hell, many is the time that I found instant to not be fast enough.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Look forward to more blink piercing attacks is my read on it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So after sleeping on Syldra, I had a few more thoughts about the fight, but chief among them was: finish farming Typhon, so you don't have two difficult, complicated sequences in your head at the same time.

E: Alternatively, farm 8 copies, enough to fight Hecatoncheir, then try Syldra again, since Dampen Earth would actually help against Typhon.

E2: Also, who designed Syldra, I mean really? What fight did everyone hate? Tiamat! So let's do that, except the boss periodically attacks twice as fast over that, and takes half damage! And then in phase three the boss takes a third less damage again on top of it!

silence1186 on
    My guess? Either whoever designed the new Ice Machinist skill, or whoever designed Laguna’s soul breaks. Because they clearly want you to try for both.

Okay, Sunken Walse Tower in the record dungeons is pretty great.

The setup is the party exploring the tower again WAY later in the game. As such, the whole team is decked out with great stuff. Everyone but Biggs and Wedge have at least a Burst soul break. Bartz has his Overstrike. The team has a coherent fire-element strategy. Even Elarra is carrying her great Burst. It’s so tempting to want to use all of these toys on the boss.
    and because the boss is Gogo, this is all a trap. The way to win is to mimic him sitting there and doing nothing.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Re
    Enlong wrote: »
    Okay, Sunken Walse Tower in the record dungeons is pretty great.

The setup is the party exploring the tower again WAY later in the game. As such, the whole team is decked out with great stuff. Everyone but Biggs and Wedge have at least a Burst soul break. Bartz has his Overstrike. The team has a coherent fire-element strategy. Even Elarra is carrying her great Burst. It’s so tempting to want to use all of these toys on the boss.
    and because the boss is Gogo, this is all a trap. The way to win is to mimic him sitting there and doing nothing.

BTW, this fight still gives oodles of XP, so is great for capping out your Core roster

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Anyone want to give me some advice with a dark phys team? I definitely have options, but I'm not sure what abilities to use to maximize their potential.
    • Golbez w/ Chain
    • Decil w/ USB
    • Orlandeau w/ USB
    • Raines w/ BSB
    • Garland with OSB, USB
    • Seph w/ Heartless Angel, ASB
    • Jecht w/ USB

My Onion Knight has everything but his newest ultra, so he'll be support. I don't have a particular healer picked out, but I usually default to Y'shtola due to her being my favorite. I don't have Aerith's good USB.

Hmm, trying to repeat my Typhon kill, but I keep pushing him into phase 2 too quickly. On my kill attempt, I lasted until phase 1 turn 9, when he does his cHP attack, which was critical for extra meter for Elarra to Medica and top everyone off for phase 2's turn 1 heavensfall. Going to have to run a bunch of test attempts to figure out what's happening, which, great, tons of time investment to figure out if I'm doing something wrong or just unlucky. Blargh. Going to have to mull this over.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thread title is great but I don't see any KH speculation.
    III event ends today.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I would have a DPS team of Golbez, Orlandeau, and either Sephiroth, Decil, or Jecht.

Orlandeau or Jecht, since they dualcast, would be best using Dread Weapon. Sephiroth can use Sangine Cross and Crimson Cross to trigger his Trance.

Someone should carry Mark of Darkness. I’d say either Jecht, Orlandeau, or Golbez.

I feel like if we were going to have a KH3 event, we would have heard about it by now

Last time they had a whole ten-day lead up gummi ship minigame thing.

Artereis wrote: »
    Anyone want to give me some advice with a dark phys team? I definitely have options, but I'm not sure what abilities to use to maximize their potential.
    • Golbez w/ Chain
    • Decil w/ USB
    • Orlandeau w/ USB
    • Raines w/ BSB
    • Garland with OSB, USB
    • Jecht w/ USB

My Onion Knight has everything but his newest ultra, so he'll be support. I don't have a particular healer picked out, but I usually default to Y'shtola due to her being my favorite. I don't have Aerith's good USB.

Golbez, Decil, and Orlandeau would be my picks, with Sephiroth taking Decil's slot if you can't consistently get Decil healed up in time. With a chain and ability double, you don't really need the higher multiplier of Sanguine Cross, so a bunch of Dread Weapons will still let you cap but is much safer and lowers the healing requirement (12 hones each is the bare minimum for Decil and Orlandeau).

Golbez will want DZ, since he's a mage (don't use Memento Mori, because it overwrites the CSB' s 50% faithga), and you'll need to bring a boostga or Wall and RW the other. Golbez could also use the dark imperil ability, though you may not need it since you'll easily hit the damage and chain caps with two ability doublers.

OK should use his BSB and not his pUSB, since Golbez needs the stacking faithga. The exception is if you need backup healing - the pUSB EX mode applies to WHM spells.

I run a mixed team with OK pUSB and Seymour CSB, and I start capping on Siren after 20-30 hits with Dread Weapon.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I would have a DPS team of Golbez, Orlandeau, and either Sephiroth, Decil, or Jecht.

Orlandeau or Jecht, since they dualcast, would be best using Dread Weapon. Sephiroth can use Sangine Cross and Crimson Cross to trigger his Trance.

Someone should carry Mark of Darkness. I’d say either Jecht, Orlandeau, or Golbez.
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Artereis wrote: »
    • Golbez w/ Chain
    • Decil w/ USB
    • Orlandeau w/ USB
    • Raines w/ BSB
    • Garland with OSB, USB
    • Jecht w/ USB

Golbez, Decil, and Orlandeau would be my picks, with Sephiroth taking Decil's slot if you can't consistently get Decil healed up in time. With a chain and ability double, you don't really need the higher multiplier of Sanguine Cross, so a bunch of Dread Weapons will still let you cap but is much safer and lowers the healing requirement (12 hones each is the bare minimum for Decil and Orlandeau).

Golbez will want DZ, since he's a mage (don't use Memento Mori, because it overwrites the CSB' s 50% faithga), and you'll need to bring a boostga or Wall and RW the other. Golbez could also use the dark imperil ability, though you may not need it since you'll easily hit the damage and chain caps with two ability doublers.

OK should use his BSB and not his pUSB, since Golbez needs the stacking faithga. The exception is if you need backup healing - the pUSB EX mode applies to WHM spells.

I run a mixed team with OK pUSB and Seymour CSB, and I start capping on Siren after 20-30 hits with Dread Weapon.

Thanks,

I think I may run Relm with this team since I have her USB, but I don't have her doublecast lmr yet.

Relm’s Ultra is top-notch.

Mark of Darkness is butz unless you're fighting an enemy who's neutral to dark, in which case it's handy to turn on extra SB gain.

My sub-30 Siren team is Seifer chain, Edge SSB, Riku Arcane, Orlandu USB, and Yshtola BSB. I'd think you could get similar performance out of putting Golbez in for Seifer, Sephiroth in for Riku and Decil (or Garland or Jecht, I guess) in for Edge.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Holy shit Belias hits hard. For funsies I fielded my Marilith team and I did not expect that kind of damage. I lasted 14 secs. I'm surprised I went from capping with just a chain on Belias with Sapphire Bullet to only doing like 3k damage.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Holy shit Belias hits hard. For funsies I fielded my Marilith team and I did not expect that kind of damage. I lasted 14 secs. I'm surprised I went from capping with just a chain on Belias with Sapphire Bullet to only doing like 3k damage.

Yeah, physical is generally not a good idea for Belias as it takes significantly less damage from physical attacks vs magic ones. Welcome to 5* Magicites, one is for physical teams and one is for magical teams.

Wait I thought Belias was the physical one. LOL so I gotta kill Phoenix with this team? Gimme a sec.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited January 2019
    I’m now certain that it’s not possible for me to beat Syldra. I would need Laguna’s chain or Snow’s Ice Shield Ultra. Without the ability compression or extra damage those provide, I’m basically trying to fight the boss with 5 of the 6 characters I need.

The fight appears to require Dispel, extremely rapid healing, Ice Imperil, an Ice Chain, the standard defenses, someone to actually do damage, and a way to deal with High Stakes, which seems to only include Radiant Shield as a viable option. I just can’t pull it off, and haven’t found any examples of people doing it any other way, aside from hour-long four-healer sessions with Alphinaud or Snow. Which tend to include Elarra anyway.

Which means I’m down to chasing singular relics. It’s the kind of thing that makes me question playing at all.

Enlong on
    edited January 2019
    There we go, I basically ran it with Elarra as buffer (no real heals) and no way to really deal with Savage Mode and was able to get Phoenix to 50% on my first try in 20 secs. I could probably try it swapping Aphmau for Rosa or Vanille for more regenga or Last Stand. Or I could just do as you guys say and try my hand at Quetz and see how I do.

edit: I wonder if I'm better off swapping Wakka and his Imperils for Bartz and his USB+Spellblades. Tidus is capping quite fast.

lionheart_m on
    If you're running a chain and capping without an Imperil, I don't really see a reason why you would need imperil over a second DPSer.

I’m now certain that it’s not possible for me to beat Syldra. I would need Laguna’s chain or Snow’s Ice Shield Ultra. Without the ability compression or extra damage those provide, I’m basically trying to fight the boss with 5 of the 6 characters I need.

The fight appears to require Dispel, extremely rapid healing, Ice Imperil, an Ice Chain, the standard defenses, someone to actually do damage, and a way to deal with High Stakes, which seems to only include Radiant Shield as a viable option. I just can’t pull it off, and haven’t found any examples of people doing it any other way, aside from hour-long four-healer sessions with Alphinaud or Snow. Which tend to include Elarra anyway.

Which means I’m down to chasing singular relics. It’s the kind of thing that makes me question playing at all.

Personally I don't feel much pressure to get syldra done. I can either figure out an hour long reflect clear and do that once per week for a month, or I can try to get tools at anniversary. Among new items that are debuting there are several tools that will help: Tidus and Bartz Awakening should both be huge assets, also celes chain, celes new ultra, Laguna new ultra

this echidna fight is fun but I wish she could slow me a bit more often.

Since then she’s be doing it every turn and not actually attack.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I got Reks’ USB on the 100 gem. How much success have people had with radiant shield on Torments?

Javen is your RW supposed to fantasy unbound?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Is it kind of weird that I'm tempted to pull for Penelo's new USB?

Also this is only a single banner. There should be an earth lucky banner (half-price, 1 pull only) in place of banner 2.

Ingus Chain
    Maria AOSB
    Ingus USB
    Cinque USB
    Rinoa Earth Bubsy
    Maria Glint
    Ingus BSB
    Bartz BSB2
    Cinque BSB
    Maria LMR
    Rinoa LMR
    Cinque LMR

And supposedly added to this will be Dorgann USB and LMR.

38thDoe wrote: »
    Javen is your RW supposed to fantasy unbound?

Probably. It is by far my favorite soul break

Javen wrote: »
    I got Reks’ USB on the 100 gem. How much success have people had with radiant shield on Torments?

If you don't have Basch USB, it's a damn good replacement and works for some lightning teams as well.

Is it kind of weird that I'm tempted to pull for Penelo's new USB?

Also this is only a single banner. There should be an earth lucky banner (half-price, 1 pull only) in place of banner 2.

Ingus Chain
    Maria AOSB
    Ingus USB
    Cinque USB
    Rinoa Earth Bubsy
    Maria Glint
    Ingus BSB
    Bartz BSB2
    Cinque BSB
    Maria LMR
    Rinoa LMR
    Cinque LMR

And supposedly added to this will be Dorgann USB and LMR.

chaaaains I need chains. And a mage to pair up with Maria.

edited January 2019
    I find myself wondering if Sora with just his Ice Glint would be of any use against Syldra.

I think that Aura stacking would be a good answer to High Stakes, but I also think that it probably won't be enough without Squall's ability to dualcast, Overstrike, or get Chase attacks.

Probably is better to try for Squall's Glint and various other Ice tools with the FFVIII event in a few weeks.

Enlong on
This discussion has been closed.