Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Breathtaking [jobs]

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    SeaVees are my go to chuck replacement since their quality tanked. Such a good shoe.

"zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail, Satan!
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    I just liked the hi-tops chucks though

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The lab is so overheated I have to go outside without a coat once per half hour to not die

chrishallett83DisruptedCapitalist
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard Registered User regular
    My go-tos were K-Swiss, because I had a pair that died last year that lasted 6 years!

• BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    The lab is so overheated I have to go outside without a coat once per half hour to not die

The other day it was in the low 30's F and they were running the air conditioner at work :rotate:

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Duluth makes an excellent work boot. I've been wearing the same pair for the better part of 4 years, just change out the Superfeet insoles every year.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    My non-work shoes are Adidas Americana.

hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Everyday in December is a different "holiday theme". the 19th is "Dress like an elf day". Due to an accident on the part of Hot Topic my wife and I each have about $200 extra cash right now.

Should I blow like $45-$50 buying elf ears, a cloak, a blond wig and a fake bow to dress like a Tolkein Elf? I kind of really want to be a smart ass....

You have my axe!

mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

wrath God fear traitor evil
    Elvenshae
    If i had the time i would finish the aeldari farseer i am building the helm has been a world of choices for me and do dress as an "elf" day

• KaplarKaplar Registered User regular
    I prevented $4k in fraud, got to finally use my office, and I opened a business account for the first time! It's for a law firm so that's cool. Feels pretty good!

Commander ZoomJedocLiiyachrishallett83Drake ChambersTofystedethJansonL Ron HowardMrGrimoireLoisLaneN1tSt4lkerchromdomsarukunBucketmanI ZimbraSkeithJaysonFourSorceWeaverKayne Red RobeElvenshaeMoridin889webguy20ToxkimelonelyahavagodmodeSporkAndrewRoyceSraphimbowenani_game_bumBobblestopgapNaphtaliIloveslimesSlacker71CalicaTonkkaThat Dave FellaFishman
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    Oh nooo the post lunch slump has me in its grips

3ds friend code: 2036 9837 9754 Switch: 3661 4488 2896
    PSN/XBL id: Moriveth Steam: L4Mori
  • KaplarKaplar Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh nooo the post lunch slump has me in its grips

Spray ink at it and scuttle away.

sarukunBucketmanBrainleechElvenshaeMoridin889Toxchrishallett83RoyceSraphimBobblePinfeldorfSlacker71CimmeriiTonkkaJoolander
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    It's hitting me now too. Someone bought me lunch today so I'm way better fed than I'd normally be.

Fortunately I'm leaving... now!

steam_sig.png
    Moriveth
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    The Red Cross sent me a card for donating and they say I’m O- not O+ like I thought all this time? I assume they know.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

BucketmanElvenshaeSlacker71Joolander
    agh, hammered by my own browsing hubris

I should have gone through my 4-months worth of open tabs and bookmarked the important ones weeks ago, because my computer just crashed randomly
    and due to an unfortunate collision between the system default of "open all the shit that was open before the crash" and an automated database authentication script that pops open your browser without asking, I didn't hit the 'restore tabs' button.

I have no idea what was there. Important things, no doubt. Research papers. Hardware shopping carts. A funny video.
    All those tabs, lost, like tears in the rain.

sarukunJansonKetBraElvenshaethatassemblyguyTofystedethLoisLanegodmodechrishallett83SleepstopgapSlacker71
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    It's hitting me now too. Someone bought me lunch today so I'm way better fed than I'd normally be.

Fortunately I'm leaving... now!

Yeah, I had a fairly large lunch of noodles, pork, mushrooms, and leeks, and while good, it's basically trying to put me to sleep.

3ds friend code: 2036 9837 9754 Switch: 3661 4488 2896
    PSN/XBL id: Moriveth Steam: L4Mori
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm in hour five of Christmas parties. Send help.

ElvenshaeLoisLane
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular

I should have gone through my 4-months worth of open tabs and bookmarked the important ones weeks ago, because my computer just crashed randomly
    and due to an unfortunate collision between the system default of "open all the shit that was open before the crash" and an automated database authentication script that pops open your browser without asking, I didn't hit the 'restore tabs' button.

I have no idea what was there. Important things, no doubt. Research papers. Hardware shopping carts. A funny video.

I have 99 tabs open on my phone and I really need to get this shit under control before the exact same thing happens to me.

tynickimeRoyceSraphimSleepStragint
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist Registered User regular
    Wth is wrong with you people. Close your tabs (occasionally)!

BucketmanDrake ChambersSorceWeaverBrainleechKaplarKayne Red RobeNightDragonElvenshaeMoridin889Commander ZoomOghulkMulysaSemproniuswebguy20TofystedethAl_watToxLoisLanefurlionSharpyVIISolarchrishallett83RoyceSraphimbowenLaOsSleepBobbleBrovid HasselsmofstopgapDaimarjgeisSlacker71TonkkaThat Dave FellaShortyadejaanJoolander
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    But i’ll Forget and I need all of these.

tynickimegodmodeLuianeStragintThro
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Usually after a case like that I can go into chrome’s history and can restore it from there, like it should have it as a big group.

Sleep
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    The Red Cross sent me a card for donating and they say I’m O- not O+ like I thought all this time? I assume they know.

Welcome to the rare blood club!

For real though we should exchange contact information in case either one of us needs blood. Or in case they decide to finally harvest our precious red gold.

timspork's ghost
  • minor incidentminor incident Helen Keller to the bullshit Registered User regular
    edited December 7
    Maybe your work day sucked, but at least the robots you work with didn't rebel and assault you and several dozen of your co-workers via chemical warfare (interestingly, something the robots themselves are fairly immune to).

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/06/674201649/robot-punctures-can-of-bear-repellent-at-amazon-warehouse-sickening-workers

minor incident on
    Steam: minor incident || PSN: inter-punct
    You may not find all that you're after. In the end I hope it doesn't matter.
    JedocBucketmanElvenshaeMulysaSemproniusL Ron HowardLoisLaneRoyceSraphimIloveslimesTonkka
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Maybe your work day sucked, but at least the robots you work with didn't rebel and assault you and several dozen of your co-workers via chemical warfare (interestingly, something the robots themselves are fairly immune to).

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/06/674201649/robot-punctures-can-of-bear-repellent-at-amazon-warehouse-sickening-workers

Appropriate thread name for this

camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    ElvenshaeTofystedethL Ron HowardLoisLanechrishallett83RoyceSraphimBobble
    The bookmark function is right there! Close your tabs!

hCpR4ri.jpg
    BucketmanKayne Red RobeDisruptedCapitalistLoisLaneN1tSt4lkerSorcechrishallett83RoyceSraphimLaOsBobble
    Wth is wrong with you people. Close your tabs (occasionally)!

This forum is the only tab on my phone :rotate:

DisruptedCapitalistCommander ZoomTofystedethLoisLaneRoyceSraphimBrovid Hasselsmof
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Now I’m on to my second and far more important job, chasing a four-year-old up and down a bouncy slide.

steam_sig.png
    ElvenshaeLoisLaneN1tSt4lkerani_game_bumBobbleschussIloveslimesSlacker71Joolander
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular

As much as it pains me, @visiblehowl has a fix for this problem in the future

Sucky news and a cautionary tale to those in the US opting not to enroll in health insurance - an old buddy of mine was in an accident this weekend that has left him paralyzed from the waist down. He had just started a new job and was to be without coverage until January 1. Now, between EMS response, ICU care and a very long recovery while unemployed ahead, it’s estimated he’ll be on the hook for at least $300k.

This crazy shit happens, and it happens to people you know. Until we fix the system, consider the risks.

steam_sig.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Well, that reminder does somewhat ease my pain of paying $1,300 a month... but sheesh, what a rotten, broken system it is. :(

sig.jpg
    BucketmanJedocNightDragonDrake Chamberssarukunwebguy20TofystedethGoose!L Ron HowardToxLoisLaneN1tSt4lkerSorceJaysonFourbalerbowerlonelyahavagodmodeLiiyaSolarSkeithSporkAndrewchrishallett83SleepstopgapKaplarIloveslimesStragintSlacker71CalicaCimmeriiEl Skid
  • KetBraKetBra FISTS OF JUSTICE! Registered User regular
    Making posters: Always more of a pain in the ass than I remembered

ohKiGmg.png
    Steam Bnet:KetBra#1692 Yo Satan
  • JedocJedoc That citation you've neededRegistered User regular
    Sucky news and a cautionary tale to those in the US opting not to enroll in health insurance - an old buddy of mine was in an accident this weekend that has left him paralyzed from the waist down. He had just started a new job and was to be without coverage until January 1. Now, between EMS response, ICU care and a very long recovery while unemployed ahead, it’s estimated he’ll be on the hook for at least $300k.

This crazy shit happens, and it happens to people you know. Until we fix the system, consider the risks.

Yeah, my parents live in one of the worst healthcare markets in the country, but stubbornly kept paying two grand a month for a high-deductible catastrophic plan.

Turns out this was a good strategy, as my mom ended up with a rare, aggressive form of breast cancer that would have cost them over a million dollars over the past three years between all the chemo and the surgeries. Without that insurance, they would have lost everything and then she would have died, because there's no way the combined properties of me and my sister and my parents come anywhere near that much money.

Which really sucks, because I've definitely had years where me with a master's degree and a spouse with a bachelor's degree pulled down a combined annual income lower than my parents' insurance premiums, and our jobs definitely didn't include insurance benefits. So we lived uninsured, and I guess if one of us had gotten sick we'd have died in the gutter?

Anyway, I'm beginning to think that American healthcare is bad, and I'm just shocked that there's not a giant acrimonious political debate about it that's been going on for the last quarter century.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    tynicNightDragonElvenshaeDrake ChambersTynnanL Ron HowardLoisLaneBrainleechBucketmanSkeithchrishallett83SleepstopgapStragintSlacker71CalicaEl Skid
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Making posters: Always more of a pain in the ass than I remembered

Once you find a layout you like, save it as a template and just swap out text and figures for the rest of your career.

tynicchrishallett83Slacker71
    Weaver wrote: »

You do NOT want to see the state of my bookmarks

For one thing, everything I really really really need is stuffed into one subfolder called "gunk".

MysstJedocElvenshaeTynnanOghulkthatassemblyguysarukunTofystedethL Ron HowardToxLoisLaneI ZimbrakimeSorceBucketmangodmodeSkeithchrishallett83RoyceSraphimSnicketysnickSleepBobbleIloveslimesSlacker71Calica
  • KetBraKetBra FISTS OF JUSTICE! Registered User regular
    One of my supervisors will as a matter of routine have so many tabs open that you cannot even tell any of them apart anymore. No icon, no nothing. It's fucking insane.

ohKiGmg.png
    Steam Bnet:KetBra#1692 Yo Satan
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    tynic don't listen to these naysayers

get the Simple Window Saver extension and rock 150 tabs forever

vxsHp3F.gif
    I am apparently an MTGA draft god on Twitch
    L Ron HowardLoisLanekimeSleep

For one thing, everything I really really really need is stuffed into one subfolder called "gunk".

I'm just saying, the tools are there. I can't make people use them.

hCpR4ri.jpg
  • minor incidentminor incident Helen Keller to the bullshit Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    One of my supervisors will as a matter of routine have so many tabs open that you cannot even tell any of them apart anymore. No icon, no nothing. It's fucking insane.

Oh hi, I didn't realize any of my reports posted here.

Steam: minor incident || PSN: inter-punct
    You may not find all that you're after. In the end I hope it doesn't matter.
    Bucketman
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy RESIST. Registered User regular
    edited December 7

I envy your organizational skills have evolved to the point where you have relabeled, "unsorted" to "gunk". I'm still stuck with everything being in the former.

thatassemblyguy on
    Slacker71
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Today was a good day. For various reasons I did not get much accomplished the past three days.

Today I was alone in my office in silence and I got caught up to date on AP and reconciled accounts and, while I didn’t get any filing done, I did get my paperwork piles sorted into more organized piles.

sig.jpg
    Commander ZoomSorceFlarneBucketmanRoyceSraphimIloveslimesSlacker71Tonkka