As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Breathtaking [jobs]

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    If I even have read emails sitting in my inbox and not properly filed it makes me twitchy, unread emails are like nails in my brain.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I open a lot of tabs when researching something so that I can go back and forth. The tabs stay open a few days, then I whittle them down as I get what I need. I usually try to turn my computer off for the weekend, so I try to get all my tabs closed by then. Sometimes it happens.
    If I bookmark, I just lose track of everything.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I keep tabs until the icons become invisible, then I open a new window. At the moment I have 3, one for each screen and a third with leftover things.

Things only get closed when Chrome crashes in a way that ruins restore, and I can't recall everything that was open.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Email filters are the light. I honestly don't know how people function without them... ESPECIALLY at work! Should be required to set that up, IMO. So tired of people saying they can't find an important email because their inbox is completely unsorted and unread. LET ME HELP YOU

google has spoiled me, i just need a vague idea of what the email was about and i can find it in my personal emails

outlook's search is unfortunately still shit, but i refuse to adjust to inferior technology, so i just spend minutes finding the exact wording i need to pull up an email

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Smof's trick for keeping unread emails to a minimum: be completely unimportant so nobody ever emails you

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So my work does this thing every year I guess where they hide an elf on the shelf around the building a give "clues" as to where its hidden and if you find it you win a prize.

You notice how I put clues in quotes up there?

Because we've done it since Monday this week and every day the clues have been awful:

Day 1: I like the view up here! Not on the 5th floor balcony, or one of the lunch rooms with windows that look out over town, but in the 5th floor computer lab that has no windows.

Day 2: I'm chilling out after a rough day! Inside a piano on the first floor. See its by the door so its cold.

Day 3: I'm relaxing! Not in the room literally called the relaxation room, or any of the break rooms, no it was in an 'isolation' room in the satellite building across the street that none of the people who've been here for 10+ year even knew existed

Day 4: I see you! Sitting next to a plushie owl in the cafe.

Day 5: I can see you, can you see me?! In an elevator ontop of a Christmas decoration.

Seriously these are awful clues!

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Those are just...statements about where he is. I'm so disappointed in all of that.

• Options
    Its not even good statements!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    How the Riddler would actually be if he existed in real life.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    You'll never find ME in the 2nd floor breakroom next to the coffee maker batman! NEVER.
    notice me senpaiiiiii

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    How the Riddler would actually be if he existed in real life.

Batman I've hidden 4 switches which can turn off my bombs and save Gotham. But you must solve my riddles!

Riddle #1: A place is dark and wet and full of dunk people!

Robin: It must be a dive bar!

Batman: Yeah but theres like 300 of those in Gotham

• Options
    I really need a Batman arc with this terrible Riddler now.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WHATS BLACK AND WHITE AND ALSO A BOMB!

Is it...a black and white bo.

ITS A BLACK AND WHITE BOMB BATMAN!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    it's actually an oreo

because it's a FLAVORBOMB SUCKAS

• Options
    that joke doesn't actually work because oreos are extremely bland, i'm sorry everyone

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    agh, hammered by my own browsing hubris

I should have gone through my 4-months worth of open tabs and bookmarked the important ones weeks ago, because my computer just crashed randomly
    and due to an unfortunate collision between the system default of "open all the shit that was open before the crash" and an automated database authentication script that pops open your browser without asking, I didn't hit the 'restore tabs' button.

I have no idea what was there. Important things, no doubt. Research papers. Hardware shopping carts. A funny video.
    All those tabs, lost, like tears in the rain.

I have 99 tabs open on my phone and I really need to get this shit under control before the exact same thing happens to me.

how do y'all function? If I get 8 tabs I start sweating

Dogshit memory and not giving a fuck, mostly.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So my work does this thing every year I guess where they hide an elf on the shelf around the building a give "clues" as to where its hidden and if you find it you win a prize.

Because we've done it since Monday this week and every day the clues have been awful:

Day 1: I like the view up here! Not on the 5th floor balcony, or one of the lunch rooms with windows that look out over town, but in the 5th floor computer lab that has no windows.

Day 2: I'm chilling out after a rough day! Inside a piano on the first floor. See its by the door so its cold.

Day 3: I'm relaxing! Not in the room literally called the relaxation room, or any of the break rooms, no it was in an 'isolation' room in the satellite building across the street that none of the people who've been here for 10+ year even knew existed

Day 5: I can see you, can you see me?! In an elevator ontop of a Christmas decoration.

Just to clarify, only the first sentence is the clue?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular

Day 6: Here I am, right behind you. Don't turn around.

Day 7: Be a shame if a certain elf were to follow you home, wouldn't it?

Day 15: I want to play a game. If you find me I will leave your life forever. Where am I hidden in your house?

Day 173: Your nightmares fuel me, and there is no escape any longer. You are mine.

Day 728: This is your reality from now on.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Smof's trick for keeping unread emails to a minimum: be completely unimportant so nobody ever emails you

My strategy is to work deep down in the backend caves.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Second interview completed. This was a weird one, because they asked questions about my answers to questions, like a normal interview. I haven't had one of those in years! State's very rigid normally, six questions no deviation.

I think I did pretty well though. If anything i might have rambled too much because every question I had an ocean of examples to pull from, such as what computer programs I have experience with.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    One person has agreed with my strategy of opening tabs, reading their contents, then closing them.

You people are monsters.

• Options

Yes sorry, the first part is the clue and after the ! I put where he wound up being that day when he was found

• Options

Day 6: Here I am, right behind you. Don't turn around.

Day 7: Be a shame if a certain elf were to follow you home, wouldn't it?

Day 15: I want to play a game. If you find me I will leave your life forever. Where am I hidden in your house?

Day 173: Your nightmares fuel me, and there is no escape any longer. You are mine.

Day 728: This is your reality from now on.

Yeah uh this is my first year here and the email introducing the elf and the concept thereof was just

"Tee he he, I'm hiding and you can't find me!

-M "

(the elf's name is Mikey) It was not a comfortable thing

• Options

Yes sorry, the first part is the clue and after the ! I put where he wound up being that day when he was found

I'm not sure if that makes it worse or better. I can't decide.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Yesterday I had to cover another substitute teacher.

At one point during 3rd period they suddenly puked in the classroom's garbage can and then just stayed in the class.

At one point the vice principal arrived and the substitute refused to leave (saying she could make it through the rest of the day). So the administrator went, got another teacher on their planning period, brought them to the class and forced the substitute to go home.

Somehow, somehow, I don't think this emergency substitute issue is going to continue for much longer because the actual substitutes keep shitting the bed.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Want a clean office? Want your bathroom scrubbed and your lunch boxes washed? Hire stoners, apparently; the staff has been killing it here lately. The second the budtenders have any downtime they’re instantly scrubbing/sweeping/vacuuming.

Janson on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Want a clean office? Want your bathroom scrubbed and your lunch boxes washed? Hire stoners, apparently; the staff has been killing it here lately. The second the budtenders have any downtime they’re instantly scrubbing/sweeping/vacuuming.

Can you spare one or two to come take care of our office kitchen?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Somebody has sent me, via interdepartmental mail and with no note or return department, a single can of jalapeno Spam.

Is this a threat, do you think?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    We once sent some pizza through interdepartmental mail in one of those interoffice envelopes. It was still warm when they got it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Somebody has sent me, via interdepartmental mail and with no note or return department, a single can of jalapeno Spam.

Is this a threat, do you think?

Well, they had to get it past your filter somehow.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    We once sent some pizza through interdepartmental mail in one of those interoffice envelopes. It was still warm when they got it.

I assume whoever picked up the envelope and noticed it was warm decided they wanted to get rid of it as quickly as possible..

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Found poetry in the incident log: "She informed security staff that she had won a lawsuit against the library staff and we were fired and not allowed on her property and we were no longer allowed in the city, state or country and we needed to go back to Germany."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    "She informed security
    She won a lawsuit
    Against the library staff

We were fired
    Not allowed
    ON HER PROPERTY

We were no longer
    ALLOWED
    in the city
    the state
    or the country

We needed to go
    back to
    Germany"

• Options
    Litigation win
    Go back to Germany, y'all
    Off my property.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    w

what

• Options
    She won the lawsuit for her land,
    What about this don't you understand?
    You're obviously fired,
    Of your shit she's tired,
    Now go and fuck off to Deutschland.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    w

what

It's been a slow hour at work.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hmm

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Snip!

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yes, but I would not use the comparison to justify it. Even if that's fair, I just don't think it would work.

This discussion has been closed.