As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Breathtaking [jobs]

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Did she supply her own skulls?

She supplied one, but it was covered in face.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So much more prep work that way, but at least you can be sure they're fresh.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So the promotion I got, every time I talk to the higher ups as we arrange everything my salary gets bumped up just a little. Like I don't know if they honestly don't know what it is, they are actively changing it to see if I notice, or are just super impressed with me.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Been home a few hours but still a little bothered. I didn't bring my lunch today because the boss said she going to foot the bill and buy for everyone. At around 11 am, she went around asking everyone what they wanted. Everyone gave their suggestions with mine being "I'm cool with whatever". We never got lunch.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Today, after school, the high school's art club, gaming club, and the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America club all gathered to make holiday cards for seniors up at our local senior-retirement home.

I was very happy to see that the gaming club had the most students at the event.

We were asked to make 85 cards.

I think we ended around 125.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    So apparently the sales team and the account management team both want to snatch me up out of the customer care team.

The sales team is smaller and has the larger potential for growth, the account management teams seems better organized and therefore more steady for better and for worse.

Both are equivalent pay bumps and both want me ASAP. Man this is a tough call to make considering i’ve been at the company for a month and basically finished my training for my current position like a week ago.

but are they? I mean both teams want you. Certainly one of those two wants you, shall we say, just a little bit more?

I am sorry I am not learned enough to get the reference :(

John D Rockefeller was once the richest man on the planet. When asked "how much money is enough?" he is said to have replied "just a little bit more"

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD hahahaha one of the pieces in my portfolio that I made SPECIFICALLY to attract MtG attention as part of a larger portfolio...(you can see that here:)
    jennifer-mills-mist-conjurer-final-web.jpg

...looks SO SIMILAR to MtG card art that was JUST RELEASED by one of their artists, here!
    48406265_10218336933432727_3415712478904975360_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=13097d98ef12d854001a3905b1fda695&oe=5C9CB61F

I mean, it's entirely possible this artist had never even seen my piece, but...goddamn it! At least I was... perfectly on track? hahaha
    Well the later one could be an artistic interpretation of an Ogalf comic

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    This coughing is making it extremely hard to work. I am very frustrated but in general today has been pretty good stat wise.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Been home a few hours but still a little bothered. I didn't bring my lunch today because the boss said she going to foot the bill and buy for everyone. At around 11 am, she went around asking everyone what they wanted. Everyone gave their suggestions with mine being "I'm cool with whatever". We never got lunch.

That's weird. Anyone else have any ideas why that happened?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Yours is cooler.

Because I helped.

(aka stood there holding my arms weird)

But how did you make your eyes do that cool blue glowy thing?

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

That's weird. Anyone else have any ideas why that happened?

Very wishy washy about what they say they'll do and what they actually do.

Continued work complaints. Possible trigger warning.
    Different security guard than normal today. One I'd never seen before. Seemed like it was his first day. His holster didn't have a bottom part to cover the barrel of his gun. Noticed that when he went to let us out, leaned over to unlock the door, and the barrel and I made eye contact.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Every department has the department head do a walk with the GM or next down the line if he's unavailable, starting around 10am and ending at noon. There are checklist sheets for varying areas in each department, specific to that department. I have the largest department in terms of pure employee numbers, and mine is the last to walk.

Highest score in the store! I've tied for highest a few times but yeah, eat it bakery/floral/produce/meat/deli departments! Front End in your face!

Weaver on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yours is cooler.

Because I helped.

thinking super hard about burgers

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Yours is cooler.

Because I helped.

thinking super hard about burgers

Sure, yeah.

It was a silly question, really.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Had two interviews this week already. One of the companies wants me in for the second round on Thursday, the other one hasn't gotten back to me yet but the interviewer seemed pretty keen.

broken image link
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Got some great instructions on these crimping sleeves

1. Press the crimp sleeve into oval shape with plier (so far, so good)
    2. wear a sinle wire line firstly (I ... think I'm with you?)
    3. bend line and anti-insert sleevly (I usually try to avoid being sleevly, but LET'S DO IT)
    4. clamp the crimp sleeve ( disappointingly coherent)

I think I'm going to adopt "Bend line and anti-insert sleevly" as my new personal motto.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Heading back from @Janson ‘s work party

Man that was a lot of weed in one place.

Someone made 100mg edibles and a guy ate four of them.

I took one look at ‘em and said no, I’m good.

• Options
    Oh shit, just remembered I'm training a newly promoted supervisor today. To bed with me! (I was playing red dead)

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I've been told that if I applied for this 2IC position it would be mine.

I've been told this by a few people.

Sucks for them that I don't want the job, the responsibility, or the loss of my part time hours.

But it feels nice to have people beg you to try and climb the ladder.

• Options
    Now I've been lying in bed for half an hour trying to sleep but instead creating a training plan.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    We are home! Hooray!

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Yours is cooler.

Because I helped.

You bend one of the skulls and anti-insert it sleevly.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Moriveth wrote: »

Either he has an insanely high tolerance or he has completely fused with his couch.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

Either he has an insanely high tolerance or he has completely fused with his couch.

Yeah 400mg of edibles? I'd bet real money he can't move at all.

• Options
    This coughing is affecting my sleeping now. Woke up at 6am and I can't get back to sleep. Everytime I breath in deep I have a coughing fit. I might have to go to urgent care and drop $120 to get this checked out.

I hate my insurance.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I had a cough like that this time last year. It lasted 2 months and has permanently changed the sound of my cough which is weird.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    So apparently the sales team and the account management team both want to snatch me up out of the customer care team.

The sales team is smaller and has the larger potential for growth, the account management teams seems better organized and therefore more steady for better and for worse.

Both are equivalent pay bumps and both want me ASAP. Man this is a tough call to make considering i’ve been at the company for a month and basically finished my training for my current position like a week ago.

Nobody likes sales people*

(* I'm sure there are a lot of nice sales people, and whoever is reading this and in sales, you are super great)

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

but are they? I mean both teams want you. Certainly one of those two wants you, shall we say, just a little bit more?

John D Rockefeller was once the richest man on the planet. When asked "how much money is enough?" he is said to have replied "just a little bit more"

At least once a year I spend a little bit of time educating students on the barons of the 20th century.

And almost every year they are taken back by how much money Rockefeller accumulated in his life.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

At least once a year I spend a little bit of time educating students on the barons of the 20th century.

And almost every year they are taken back by how much money Rockefeller accumulated in his life.

If you're ever in the New York area, take the tour of the Rockefeller estate. It's mind-blowing how insanely rich they were. Like, obviously I know, but seeing it in person is wild.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Current mood:

4ohxwtda00vh.jpg

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Doctor prescribed steroids, cough syrup, allergy meds, and antibiotics for what is currently destroying me. I haven't gone to the pharmacy yet but I'm worried it will be expensive. I already dropped $110 on urgent care.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I wish I could get summer vacation from my job tho

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Top 10 Ways to Get the Shit Kicked out of You by a Teacher.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Heading back from Janson ‘s work party

It's probably that first one. Which kinda sucks actually. My friends can hit like 10mg edibles and feel it all day. I hit 50 and I'm like baseline can kinda feel it high for about 4 hours.

• Options

If I did that I'd suddenly feel like Dr. Strange being sent through all the universe's dimensions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu9ae-LhcLs

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Again I find myself making small mistakes and not being able to let them go, I like the job I have, love it in fact. I'm concerned that if I do not learn to deal with my anxiety I won't be able to handle the job even though I can do the work. Confidence is killing me right now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

No for real, not in that "teachers don't work in the summer" because I know they do.

But like

I want a summer vacation like kids get.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

No for real, not in that "teachers don't work in the summer" because I know they do.

But like

I want a summer vacation like kids get.

oh yeah me too

• Options
    getting snow days from work is pretty neat when it happens and the stars align in CNY tho so I guess I've got that going for me

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Whoops I let my Tb test lapse and now I get to go home early. In my defense they send you one reminder by email and I get about 50 emails a day and I don't get paid to read them.

https://youtu.be/_lAEO07SISU

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.