As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    While I understand the logic, I still think that people who don't have the decency to drop special ammo when I kill them are just rude.

*Stares into the back of your head as you scoop my freshly harvested special seconds before I can*

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    There's nothing quite losing gambit solely because an invader has a 1KV

It just sucks the fun out of the mode. There's literally nothing you can do to stop it effectively.

Edit: I've gotten 8 Bad Omen's in a row as rewards now, and even though I haven't been keep track I'd be willing to bet I've gotten more of them than literally every other weapon put together. By comparison, I've gotten 1 parcel of stardust, and all 4 dreaded ventures I've gotten have rolled hip fire. All 4.

ronzo on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    There's nothing quite losing gambit solely because an invader has a 1KV

It just sucks the fun out of the mode. There's literally nothing you can do to stop it effectively.

I came 2 points from losing a Contol game we were up by 40+ points in right until the end. Entirely because 1 guy got ammo for his 1K Voices and basically we couldn't move near an entire section of the map for the rest of the game cause equipping the weapon is basically just turning on easy-mode in non-sweaty PvP game modes.

Edit: I've gotten 8 Bad Omen's in a row as rewards now, and even though I haven't been keep track I'd be willing to bet I've gotten more of them than literally every other weapon put together. By comparison, I've gotten 1 parcel of stardust, and all 4 dreaded ventures I've gotten have rolled hip fire. All 4.

Yeah, this is me. Literally like 50% of my weapon drops are Bad Omens. At least I got some good boss DPS rocket launchers though.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I was able to solo the Thunderlord quest (that last fight is ridiculous) and boy do I love that gun. It has that wonderful look and sound from the original game, and the new perk is just perfect.

Killing a dude and watching his four friends get vaporized? (Chef’s kiss). They should have sent a poet, etc.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Yo, what in the hell is going on in the Lore when you read the Great Hunt stuff?

Like - check out this entry from the Raid Warlock Robes:
    I am myself. All my memories. Everything I was. All the [bargains] I have made. That was all me.

And yet.

I have taken a new shape.

I am [Riven].

I have new directive. I am [the King of the Taken].

I watch as a hundred thousand thousands of fragments of my will contest with [children of Light].

In my new shape, I hate them. He. Was. His. [Son.]

But there are those among them with whom I have made [bargains]. I need them. I love them.

I am a [King]. My will breaks entire systems. And I lead a world full of [darkness].

But I am terrified. I know the power that these [children] wield.

This is a war a [King] cannot win.

I have a face today. It expels mirthful bursts of air. I still find this scenario amusing.

But I am the only one.

Most of those who [bargain] with me do not win.

Discussion:
    So Riven made a bargain with Oryx after Mara imprisoned her. Then when Oryx died, Riven took on some aspect of him? So Riven has actually been leading the Taken post TTK?

I'm still reading through all the Great Hunt gear on Ishtar now that i beat the raid, but this is just bananas amazing stuff and man Riven is neato burrito.
    If you read some of the Lore pieces about Mara and her plan you find out that when she made it back to her Throne World she was surprised that Oryx had corrupted it. She posits that when Oryx sent out the blast that destroyed the Awoken fleet his consciousness and will were part of the attack and that he basically piggybacked on the Techeuns when they teleported out in the last second and made it back to Eleusinia that way. At which point his will/consciousness met Riven and they made a sort of deal. Not a traditional form of being Taken, but Riven was complicit in it in an effort to get back at the Awoken for keeping her locked up and using her as a tool for every how long.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Have I talked about how much I love bows?

GrouchyFrighteningDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Yo, what in the hell is going on in the Lore when you read the Great Hunt stuff?

Like - check out this entry from the Raid Warlock Robes:
    I am myself. All my memories. Everything I was. All the [bargains] I have made. That was all me.

And yet.

I have taken a new shape.

I am [Riven].

I have new directive. I am [the King of the Taken].

I watch as a hundred thousand thousands of fragments of my will contest with [children of Light].

In my new shape, I hate them. He. Was. His. [Son.]

But there are those among them with whom I have made [bargains]. I need them. I love them.

I am a [King]. My will breaks entire systems. And I lead a world full of [darkness].

But I am terrified. I know the power that these [children] wield.

This is a war a [King] cannot win.

I have a face today. It expels mirthful bursts of air. I still find this scenario amusing.

But I am the only one.

Most of those who [bargain] with me do not win.

Discussion:
    So Riven made a bargain with Oryx after Mara imprisoned her. Then when Oryx died, Riven took on some aspect of him? So Riven has actually been leading the Taken post TTK?

I'm still reading through all the Great Hunt gear on Ishtar now that i beat the raid, but this is just bananas amazing stuff and man Riven is neato burrito.
    If you read some of the Lore pieces about Mara and her plan you find out that when she made it back to her Throne World she was surprised that Oryx had corrupted it. She posits that when Oryx sent out the blast that destroyed the Awoken fleet his consciousness and will were part of the attack and that he basically piggybacked on the Techeuns when they teleported out in the last second and made it back to Eleusinia that way. At which point his will/consciousness met Riven and they made a sort of deal. Not a traditional form of being Taken, but Riven was complicit in it in an effort to get back at the Awoken for keeping her locked up and using her as a tool for every how long.
    Yeah, How Oryx and Riven met makes sense. It was more the interesting aspect of Riven taking on parts of the personality of those she interacts with/makes deals with. I just also liked the idea that she was the force behind the Taken (but that seems like it's just personality acquisition of Savathun)

Riven's opening dialog during the Raid also makes more sense now as well, after getting that context and the understanding that she made a deal with Savathun (Brother Slayer, Spawn Killer).

I wonder how different Riven will be post-Raid. It seems like pre-imprisonment, Riven's general form was more like the other Ahamkara and more traditionally dragon-like instead of the weird raid bulbous, somewhat bipedal, weird looking thing. Mostly comparing Riven's form in the Raid to the description in the actual Riven card.
    I also wonder if post-Raid after her heart is "cleansed" will she be separated from Savathun, and now her primary connectin is with the PC guardian.

Also, final thought before holiday travel - it reads to me that Riven was complicit or a mastermind behind the exterminati of all the other Ahamkara. Certainly Mara and the Guardians were invested in it as well, but the Titan Chest Piece had some ambiguity that read like the Awoken were handing out Ahamkara killing weapons that may have come from working with Riven herself?

Anyway, Destiny Lore remains neat, I'm glad they put this in the game.

• Options
    Everyone thinks it's gonna be
    Savathun

But I think it's gonna be
    Xivu Arath

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    While I understand the logic, I still think that people who don't have the decency to drop special ammo when I kill them are just rude.

*Stares into the back of your head as you scoop my freshly harvested special seconds before I can*

Look, I'm bad. I need that special more than you.

Also they can say it's random now all they want but there's no way matchmaking in Quickplay is random now. If I load into my first game and it's a bunch of people who don't play much PvP or aren't that good (this according to Destinytracker) and I tear ass all of my next matches will be in much higher level lobbies. That might be a coincidence but it sure doesn't feel like it.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    when i started playing again i didn't know you didn't have to manually pick up the special ammo like you do with power ammo so i kept "running past it", helpfully leaving it for my teammates, only to later realize i kept stealing special ammo from people who were actually intending to use it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Had my first ever competitive match against a Not Forgotten stack, and they thousands of kills on their trackers. It did not go well.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    oryx and riven
    I don’t think Riven makes a deal with Oryx, she is taken by oryx. I’m pretty sure there’s a lore card somewhere that explains that ahamkaras are not effected by being taken in the same way as other creatures because they are paracausal or some shit.

Later, she makes a deal with someone else

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    So Raid encounter discussion (at least excluding Riven) for a latecomer.
    Morgeth seems like the low point now that you can one phase that fight. It just seems less involves than the rest. I guess it makes it easy to carrt, but was the most boring for a latecomer like me.

Kalli is still enjoyable, even as a one or two phase. Just a lot going on, but not in a chaotic way.

Shuro Chi is just a deligbtful race. I love the propulsive forward momentum of it and the feeling of just plowing through and burning so many supers. It is training for Queenswalk.

Vault was confusing at first, but after having to pinch hit as a plate holder, it wasn't too crazy. I think once you understand the designation of sides, it is 't so bad. Tense and exciting with a bitching soundtrack, it is a fun encounter that can have clutch rescues.

Riven - haven't done non-Cheese due to LFG and time constraints, but it seems really fun the way Oryx could feel lile a marathon of precise action.

Queeswalk is the best. I love it. It reminds me of Lanterns only with randomness so everyone needs to be on point, rather than being soloable. I frankly wish there was some way to make it longer and in phases/checkpoints because I just love Destiny relay races.

This is a good raid, ya'll. I will be sad when the Lair cannot compete, but I really enjoy these encounters. Just keep throwing all the money and resources to this team, Bungie.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Had my first ever competitive match against a Not Forgotten stack, and they thousands of kills on their trackers. It did not go well.... FOR THEM!

FTFY.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Morgeth seems like the low point now that you can one phase that fight. It just seems less involves than the rest. I guess it makes it easy to carrt, but was the most boring for a latecomer like me.

Kalli is still enjoyable, even as a one or two phase. Just a lot going on, but not in a chaotic way.

Shuro Chi is just a deligbtful race. I love the propulsive forward momentum of it and the feeling of just plowing through and burning so many supers. It is training for Queenswalk.

Vault was confusing at first, but after having to pinch hit as a plate holder, it wasn't too crazy. I think once you understand the designation of sides, it is 't so bad. Tense and exciting with a bitching soundtrack, it is a fun encounter that can have clutch rescues.

Riven - haven't done non-Cheese due to LFG and time constraints, but it seems really fun the way Oryx could feel lile a marathon of precise action.

Queeswalk is the best. I love it. It reminds me of Lanterns only with randomness so everyone needs to be on point, rather than being soloable. I frankly wish there was some way to make it longer and in phases/checkpoints because I just love Destiny relay races.

This is a good raid, ya'll. I will be sad when the Lair cannot compete, but I really enjoy these encounters. Just keep throwing all the money and resources to this team, Bungie.
    It's a good raid, loads better than Leviathan (for me). My biggest criticism, which I didn't come up with as a complete thought so props to @Erevar for it, is that the spaces between encounters are pretty sterile. They used to put some low level goobers in those spaces, just to give you something to do while you went from place to place, and not having them does drag down the pace of the whole thing.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Having done the whole thing a few times now...
    Queenswalk is my least favorite section. It's almost great but the behavior of the heart and the tendency for taken strength orbs to not spawn on time makes it feel really fiddly.

I like Vault but I find it significantly less exciting than any other encounter, including Morgeth. If everybody is staying on top of their role there is no real challenge in Vault. One person can solo a knight with a sword or a super or IK_SG and they're really the only 'difficult' part of the encounter. Morgeth isn't super challenging either but it at least has the clearing trapped Guardians mechanic and the fact that death potentially resets some of your progress toward the DPS phase.

It is a good raid, though.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Had my first ever competitive match against a Not Forgotten stack, and they thousands of kills on their trackers. It did not go well.... FOR THEM!

FTFY.

I wish. It’s really interesting to run into legitimate (no hint of hacks or networking BS) top 1% team. It’s more of a novelty now that it was in S3, so I don’t feel as bad about the beatdown.

I read something a while back about how Telesto isn’t all that hot in top level competitive play, and I’m starting to understand why.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Wait, were you supposed to get Harbinger’s Echo for getting all the eggs?

Because I didnt get anything.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Only if you got all the eggs on the same character. If you didn't, you have to wait for Bungie to fix it. In other news:

kTC8C82h.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

It is a known bug. Basically if you got any of the 40 eggs on another character you cant get the sparrow atm. So if you got 39 on a Titan and 1 on a warlock it is bugged.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    So Bungie fucked that one up? Big surprise.

Is next week Black Armory or is it “only” a Season change?

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Next week starts Season of the Forge. Black Armory drops on 12/4.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Season Change. BA is out Dec 4

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Next week is the season change, week after is Black Armory.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Hahaha.... oh man QP during the day is hilarious... especially when you're working at the same time (I am actually off but today but got called anyway... yay)

I got dropped into the middle of a match that as soon as I spawned and turned hte right got gunned down. I got 0 kills...

On the other team is a guy with over 2600 glory with only 53 Comp matches (a deleter, obv) and another with 5,400+ Glory and freaking 63 seventh column medals.

I'm glad my day job isn't Destiny 2... lmao.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I’m curious to see how prevalent the use of WoR+Synthoceps bug will be in gambit this week. I want to get my third reset done, but it’ll be lame if it turns out everyone in Gambit will be doing that thing by tomorrow.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I think it'd depend on the person's answer to the question: do you want to increase your odds of winning with ease, or do you not want to use low effort or other cheesy methods and maybe win?

With the infamy boost this week (if I read thing yesterday correctly, there is one this week?) the answer is probably the former for a lot of folk. You'll prolly need to team up. Esp. with this being a holiday week and all on top of being the last week of the season.

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    or bungie will matchmake you with a group of 200s who insist on invading. I loathe Gambit.

• Options
    I’m curious to see how prevalent the use of WoR+Synthoceps bug will be in gambit this week. I want to get my third reset done, but it’ll be lame if it turns out everyone in Gambit will be doing that thing by tomorrow.

My bet is that every team of 3 or 4 will be doing it, no question. It's a race to the Primeval.

Also this video is great and also sickening, I am truly the worst at PvP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk2Cn2UAfzs

• Options

My bet is that every team of 3 or 4 will be doing it, no question. It's a race to the Primeval.

Why is it sickening. It stands to reason that mouse aiming with a gun that's heavily tilted toward easy kills would do that?

I feel sorry for the people trying to get that gun now as it becomes even harder and harder to get it versus all of the copies of the weapon in the field.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I was going to say "today I got a medal I never got before" but evidently I did get it once before. "From the Jaws of Defeat". We came back from an over 50 point deficit to win (IDK if that's the trigger but I pretty much figured we were in for a loss or a mercy). Shaxx's reaction was neat:

"THIS IS WHAT THEY CALL A RIGHTEOUS INFLICTION OF RETRIBUTION."

A Snatch reference.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I was going to say "today I got a medal I never got before" but evidently I did get it once before. "From the Jaws of Defeat". We came back from an over 50 point deficit to win (IDK if that's the trigger but I pretty much figured we were in for a loss or a mercy). Shaxx's reaction was neat:

"THIS IS WHAT THEY CALL A RIGHTEOUS INFLICTION OF RETRIBUTION."

A Snatch reference.

Well Bricktop did tell him what nemesis means...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Think of it like this. When one of us potatoes manages to crack off a series of snapshot, nothing but net crits we feel pretty good. For them it's the norm. They will never experience our joy! :P

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options

Why is it sickening. It stands to reason that mouse aiming with a gun that's heavily tilted toward easy kills would do that?

I feel sorry for the people trying to get that gun now as it becomes even harder and harder to get it versus all of the copies of the weapon in the field.

The premise of the video is that CammyCakes and Drewsky were going to make a PvP guide video series for new PC players who didn't have any of the expansions, so they made fresh accounts. When they figured out that the Sturm quest is bugged on PC and can't be finished they got mad, because Sturm was going to be a main recommendation, so they decided to turn it into a joke series and try to get Luna's Howl. When they did, and figured out that they could actually equip Luna's Howl, they decided to try to go the whole way and get the Not Forgotten. As level 20 characters, without the bulk of the legendary gear and weapons that everyone else has. That's so, so stupidly impressive.

• Options
    edited November 2018

The premise of the video is that CammyCakes and Drewsky were going to make a PvP guide video series for new PC players who didn't have any of the expansions, so they made fresh accounts. When they figured out that the Sturm quest is bugged on PC and can't be finished they got mad, because Sturm was going to be a main recommendation, so they decided to turn it into a joke series and try to get Luna's Howl. When they did, and figured out that they could actually equip Luna's Howl, they decided to try to go the whole way and get the Not Forgotten. As level 20 characters, without the bulk of the legendary gear and weapons that everyone else has. That's so, so stupidly impressive.

Does the video mention any of that at all... I only made it half way through. Though, even if it did... it still stands to reason that mouse aiming with a gun that's heavily tilted toward easy kills would essentially work as intended.

I don't find it impressive at all. You do, there's nothing wrong with that.

edit: turns out it was just the first two minutes. first impressions and all that. /shrug

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    ARH-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm in the club, boys! Thanks to everyone who helped me this season, and those who encouraged me to go into competitive last season and stick with it. I didn't get anything in S3, but it made me want to come back to this grind with more determination in S4.

8LEPzto.png

@Local H Jay ^^^^^^^^^^

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Went straight into competitive for my first try at using Luna, and it got me an annihilation medal and a deathless medal. It's a pretty decent gun.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Platforming in this is the hardest encounter yet (stupid vanishing platforms).

Is there a key for 3rd person? Platforming in an FPS is shit.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

using a sword will put you in third person

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Xeddicus wrote: »

If you have a sword, you can switch to third person when you equip* it. It... will only slightly help. Platforming is a love/hate thing for this game.

edit: you have to wield it. you can do this even w/o ammo.

tastydonuts on