As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    If I see a meatball on my side I'm gonna try to burn it down because I want other people to get the quest.
    If I don't see a meatball on my side and I invade because the other team is winning but then I see a meatball over there, I'm going to let them try to burn their meatball because I want other people to get the quest.

You want the other team to get the quest more than your team to get the quest?

In this hypothetical are the other Guardians in the trolley from PA?

I already have the quest. It doesn't matter to me one whit which set of blueberries gets the quest. If the other team kills their meatball and gets the quest before we even summon our meatball, good on them. In fact, if that happens then the blueberries on my team will never know that they failed to kill their meatball in time.

In the unlikely event that I invade just as the other team summons their meatball or I get punched through the portal after we've already summoned our meatball I will suicide and go back to try to help my team get their meatball on.

Killing the Meatball post-quest also drops the Gambit cosmetics so there's pretty much always a reason to want to kill it. I guess I'm just appalled at the idea that someone would tank their own team - even if it's just blueberries - to let the enemy win while both teams have the same motivations to kill the meatball. Screwing over the other three people on your team to help the four people on the other team because you've "already got yours" doesn't seem like a nice thing to do.

You see a meatball spawning for four malfeasance-less (or otherwise nooblike) guardians on their side of Gambit. You are standing next to the invasion portal. If you invade and then do nothing, the meatball will be likely killed by those four guardians first, allowing them to get the quest. However, there are also potentially three malfeasance-less guardians on your team who have been really annoying you all match because they keep picking up your motes. You have two options:

- Don't invade poorly, making it less likely those four guardians will get the malfeasance quest.
    - Invade poorly, where it will deny your three teammates their malfeasance quest.

Which is the more ethical option?

I feel you have a moral imperative to help your own team over the enemy team.

I mean obviously

I just thought it was too perfect to make a trolley problem joke

I feel like people don't trust me with the Trolley Problem after how I chose to end Life is Strange

bs7ef56keadn.jpg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    That is one hell of a TOTP

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I’m suddenly hungry for meatballs.

I wonder why.

Edit: Jesus christ, didnt see that train shredding people on the next page, yeah that definitely wasnt the reason.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    siri that edit delights me so much

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    If I see a meatball on my side I'm gonna try to burn it down because I want other people to get the quest.
    If I don't see a meatball on my side and I invade because the other team is winning but then I see a meatball over there, I'm going to let them try to burn their meatball because I want other people to get the quest.

I already have the quest. It doesn't matter to me one whit which set of blueberries gets the quest. If the other team kills their meatball and gets the quest before we even summon our meatball, good on them. In fact, if that happens then the blueberries on my team will never know that they failed to kill their meatball in time.

In the unlikely event that I invade just as the other team summons their meatball or I get punched through the portal after we've already summoned our meatball I will suicide and go back to try to help my team get their meatball on.

Killing the Meatball post-quest also drops the Gambit cosmetics so there's pretty much always a reason to want to kill it. I guess I'm just appalled at the idea that someone would tank their own team - even if it's just blueberries - to let the enemy win while both teams have the same motivations to kill the meatball. Screwing over the other three people on your team to help the four people on the other team because you've "already got yours" doesn't seem like a nice thing to do.

You see a meatball spawning for four malfeasance-less (or otherwise nooblike) guardians on their side of Gambit. You are standing next to the invasion portal. If you invade and then do nothing, the meatball will be likely killed by those four guardians first, allowing them to get the quest. However, there are also potentially three malfeasance-less guardians on your team who have been really annoying you all match because they keep picking up your motes. You have two options:

- Don't invade poorly, making it less likely those four guardians will get the malfeasance quest.
    - Invade poorly, where it will deny your three teammates their malfeasance quest.

I mean obviously

I feel like people don't trust me with the Trolley Problem after how I chose to end Life is Strange

There is only one valid ending for Life is Strange.

Life is Strange spoilers in the Destiny thread for some reason.
    I will derail all of the trolleys necessary for me to ride off into the sunset with my punk girlfriend.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Before everyone gets all gung-ho on helping an enemy team get their meatball kill, you should know that if it spawns for one team it also spawns for the other. So in your effort to "help a brother out" you're actually screwing over your own team. So maybe don't do that.

I would argue that if your team doesn't have it up and has demonstrably shown that they lack the DPS (or common sense to shoot the goddamn orbs/goblins that are immuning the primeval), then you're just wasting everyone's time prolonging the burn. Especially if you extend the match long enough to somehow get the meatball going and lose anyway.

I don't feel like that's a determination you should get to make for the rest of your team.

That's fine. We don't have to agree on everything.

I'm not one to idle out the remainder of a round or dance an invasion, but again, if my team has shown that it cannot win then the invader is in effect wasting our time. How a person feels does not necessarily dictate how they act.

I have positively wasted my own time forcing a third round through the clutch knowing full well it (winning) just isn't going to happen.

If you clutch Round 2, why is it impossible to clutch Round 3?

Because barely winning one round—be it through a heavy brick that just randomly spawns just in time, just enough orbs on the ground for another super, or a successful invasion—doesn't automatically mean you're going to win the third through the power of teamwork/sheer happenstance like in underdog movies?

The same things that give the opposing team an advantage don't magically go away.

Further: "You're wasting our time" <> "Don't do it."

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    obligatory
    DenshaDeD_ch01p16-17.png

• Options
    wow Chanus I'm trying not to laugh out loud on this conference call... but jeez... way to TOTP

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

I mean obviously

There is only one valid ending for Life is Strange.

Life is Strange spoilers in the Destiny thread for some reason.
    I will derail all of the trolleys necessary for me to ride off into the sunset with my punk girlfriend.

So much :heartbeat: right now

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Toasticus wrote: »
    Imagine if you didn't already have the quest, and despite your best efforts your team was behind but not hopelessly so (a tough call to make given the wild levels of comeback mechanics and burn potential in Gambit), and a teammate of yours with the quest invaded and then you saw them dance while getting no kills.

Wouldn't feel great!

Imagine one or more of your teammates are trying to cap out legendary and are on a 3 game win streak and then you decide to basically afk and throw the game, fucking them over.

Seriously though, Gambit is awful this week. About half my games where we lose the first round, someone goes AFK.

Lost a game this morning by literally like 5% of the primeval's hp and someone AFKs. Like, we easily could have won that, what are you doing?

shryke on
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

I mean obviously

bs7ef56keadn.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

• Options
    that kid is going to grow up to be somebody

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    that kid is going to grow up to be somebody

gmia1z6lsp79.jpg

• Options
    The real top of the page is the trolley Chanus was driving all along.

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I need crucible hand cannon advice. I'm grinding for Cayde's Will and (while a small sample size) my goto Crimson seems to do trash damage in PvP. I have a Trust but the roll is meh-to-garbage. What other guns should I be hoping to dig out of my vault?

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I need crucible hand cannon advice. I'm grinding for Cayde's Will and (while a small sample size) my goto Crimson seems to do trash damage in PvP. I have a Trust but the roll is meh-to-garbage. What other guns should I be hoping to dig out of my vault?

Crimson is The Business in PvP. If yours is not catalyst masterworked then you'll need to get in fairly close.
    Other than Trust I've heard good things about Duke and, uh, the Crucible-branded one I can't remember the name of.

• Options

Crimson is The Business in PvP. If yours is not catalyst masterworked then you'll need to get in fairly close.
    Other than Trust I've heard good things about Duke and, uh, the Crucible-branded one I can't remember the name of.

It is masterworked. I'll give it another go but my first impression was that it just wasn't doing any kind of damage. Maybe bad luck with the netcode.

• Options
    duke hits pretty hard but that reload is a nightmare

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular

Better Devils.

Now that I think about it I can't remember which HC I used to grind mine out. I think it was the Ikelos-HC actually.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    Better Devils is good, yeah. Crimson is good too! The reason you don't see it in Crucible much is probably because Ace of Spades is super good. Back before most people had gotten their Aces, I saw quite a few folks running Crimson.

That being said, a Trust with bad rolls is still a Trust. It's a good gun.

• Options
    I wanna say Crimson is a three-burst kill but I don't tend to track that so don't take my word for it.
    The really good part of Crimson for that quest step is that the pulse tracks straight up so if you aim for the body you tend to get headshot kills.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    A trolley is headed for a section of track with four people tied to it. If you pull this switch, it'll change to a track that has Kabr's fireteam tied to it. If you change its tracks, will it kill more people or less than if you hadn't?

cB557 on
  • Options
    I wanna say Crimson is a three-burst kill but I don't tend to track that so don't take my word for it.
    The really good part of Crimson for that quest step is that the pulse tracks straight up so if you aim for the body you tend to get headshot kills.

yeah i got my s3 ornament with crimson, which i never thought i'd be able to complete

it's pretty good for headshots if you are bad at video games

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I ran the raid last night on my Titan and Malfeasance actually tears it up if you don't need your power slot for boss DPS since so many things are taken.

Not sure if it's even worth spoilering or even if we are spoilering anymore, but to be on the safe side:
    Specifically the vault was stunning knights left and right, which was great because for some unknown reason I'm so terrible at killing those knights.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Still haven't seen a Duke drop...

Obv doing something wrong.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    SuperRuper wrote: »
    I ran the raid last night on my Titan and Malfeasance actually tears it up if you don't need your power slot for boss DPS since so many things are taken.

Not sure if it's even worth spoilering or even if we are spoilering anymore, but to be on the safe side:
    Specifically the vault was stunning knights left and right, which was great because for some unknown reason I'm so terrible at killing those knights.
    Those knights have a shit ton of health and nothing short of a heavy sword attack, a super, or, I guess, Malfeasance seems to stun them so that's good to know.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    A trolley is headed for a section of track with four people tied to it. If you pull this switch, it'll change to a track that has Kabr's fireteam tied to it. If you change its tracks, will it kill more people or less than if you hadn't?

Before or after they went in?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options

Before or after they went in?

Doesn't matter

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular

It really depends how you define "kill," since regardless of ontological status, Kabr's fireteam were all Guardians who can easily be resurrected.

• Options
    Despite really liking Crimson for PvE I can't easily find a rhythm that I'm happy with. I seem to have a better feel with the Trust. Not one that's getting me precision kills but one that isn't seeing me play below my normal (mediocre) KDR at least

• Options
    SuperRuper wrote: »

I gave it a try and was underwhelmed. Against taken it still just doesn't do enough imo.

So 4th encounter I always have enough enough around or a super that there's no need to use the primary.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Everything on this page is Pax Arcadia canon

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Khraul wrote: »

I got like 20 of them in my vault.

I get them from patrol drops or BW mainly.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »

srry i meme'd too mny times for u bby

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »

I got like 20 of them in my vault.

I get them from patrol drops or BW mainly.

I've gotten like a dozen or so now but for the first like 3 weeks of Forsaken I never got a single one.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018

I’ve only unlocked the first few pages of the Trolley Problem lore book but I can only assume it ends with chanus constructing a throne room from the deaths of those tied to the tracks

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Alright now I've done everything at least once (that I want to anyways), here's my opinion on everything new and changed. Amd I forgetting something? Probably! This got deleted half way thought so I lost a bit, oh well.

Crucible
    In general, I like the changes made here. 6v6 is better, and the heavy ammo changes are a god send I had been praying for. Given most people have full scavenger sets now it might be better to drop the ammo you get in pvp by about half though, since people are essentially still have infinite special unless they are sniping. The biggest problem, as most of you know, is map size. Most maps cannot handle 6v6 will often break trying to handle that many people. Bungie desperately needs to add more maps and/or change the current ones to be larger. And ya know, turn on some sort of match making.

Blind Well
    I'm a big sucker for these type of things, and have always loved them. So in general, I love it. The different bosses/enemies during different weeks to to stop things from getting stale, the easy to use mechanics to killing the servants and bosses that aren't too hard even for pubbies to figure out. But I think they just need to bite the bullet and put in match making for them. It's really annoying spending a few minutes crawling up stairs just to find no one, fast traveling several times to reset, and having to repeat several times till you find a group in there. Also with the lack of either special loot or more then 1 powerful makes me very worried for it's life span, even with it tied to the city bounty. Also they should cut like, 1 round out of it.

Gambit
    I really like the idea of and core game play of Gambit, but there's several issues with it I don't see them able/willing to fix unfortunately. I remember one match that was really good, back and worth every round and I had a ton of fun. If every match could be half that I'd be over the moon. But it only happened because we just happened to get a 8 guys not in a team and no one running the meta gear. But that for me is the exception, not the rule. I don't blame players, things like the ikelos shotgun, sleeper, queenbreaker's, and 1k thousand are extremely powerful so it makes sense to use them. Nor do I blame people for going in in groups, it's a mp game and you want to play with friends. But due to the more predictable pve side of gambit, a group will have an even bigger advantage then normal when matched against a group of randoms. I've had games with a group of pa guys where despite us playing like shit and using off meta stuff, we would still sweep team since we could burn our primevil extremely quick with only a little bit of coordination. I've seen/been with teams that burn it down in under 4 seconds, like what can you do vs that unless you are also set up to burn yours that quickly? As a result, it feels very much like trying to solo queue competitive or trials. It's possible to win using whatever as whatever class, but you're basically rolling the dice to see if you get stomped vs a full stack using ikelos+sleeper/1k voices. And that can become extremely frustrating.

Also who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have a part of the match dedicated to being a douche to the other team? Because they should be shot into the sun.

The Last Wish
    In general, I like the bulk of the Last Wish raid. The change to respawn token times was unexpected but is much welcome. Shuro Chi and Kali are a breath of fresh air. Fast paced, but have enough wiggle room to recover from wrong plates/knights/whatnot. And bosses you can use sword, shotguns and all close range weapon on! They even lack the AoE ground pound attack! See you can actually do it Bungie, so proud of you right now. Shuro Chi might be my favorite encounter of any destiny raid 1 or 2, it's such a great breath of fresh air. Morgeth is a good encounter too. The one thing I would change on cancer baby is either making one of strength or eyes not be random, can get annoying when it only spams one side and you get up fucked because of it. You can even shotgun tumor Quasimodo too. Options!

Vault is pretty easy once you know how to do it, but is such a massive fuck you to blind raiders. I honestly don't know if I'd ever figure that shit out before just giving up. I rather they make some less opaque design elements instead while upping the difficulty, because at this point the only real threat to fail is cleansing the wrong plate or not noticing a knight in time. Riven is.....annoying to say the least. The fight goes on too long, and there's too many instant wipes with no margin of error. I fon't blame people using the cheese. I pray that the pc pop doesn't fall off a cliff again, trying to do this fight with pubs once they remove the cheese is going to be such a pain.

The post Riven bit I really really like, but devoutly wish was at any other part of the raid, literally any other part. Just beat the boss, riding that adrenaline high and feeling great. But nope gonna run and jump through a bunch of hopes with a small margin of error again to actually get your loot. I don't want to do this shit now. Give me the cool jump puzzle earlier. Put that shit between the tech witches. I want my dam rewards now. At least the keys keep between weeks....I hope?

Also in general I'm very glad I'm doing this on PC instead of console. Being able to put the vault plate buffs and Rivens eyes into chat instead of trying to remember or trying to find something to write it down on is huge. They even can stay up forever now in the newest patch so no need to refresh it.

General
    Gonna throw a lot of shit in here.

The increased source of rewards is really nice, gives people who don't raid a much better chance at leveling up. But it feels at time there's too much. Was busy making sure I got each of the rewards as they came around I didn't have a lot of time to do the stuff I like doing. Granted I still could have done them instead and was just stopped by my crazy brain, but this seems to be a common crazy brain trait among gamers. But it also goes to other aspects of the game as well. Dreaming City is great, but there's sooo much shit going on there. A good example of this was the first week of this event. Throne was back, new event people wanted to grind for a sweet max gun, and it was the week for IB so people need to grind that too. Ib being a week later would have give me at least a lot more time to put into it.

Speaking of the city, the 2 new planets. Love them, great feel to them that feels different in each zone in each planet. I wish the shore got more love though. You spend a lot of time at the start, but once you hit end game it feels like a waste of all the time put into making it. Before making spider bounties grant cores how many people went back here? There's sooo much cool amazing things in the city, even all those small little touches that give it live. Maybe give some of those to the shore instead.

Consumables:
    Sigh, why is it always a step back for every step forward. They got rid of/folded a bunch of old things that we didn't need, but then they add a bunch of stuff with limited use or 1 small specific thing. Etheric spirals are only used for infusion (are rarely spider trades), baronyic boughs do have at least dragon trade in for queenfoil. Fragments are for petra trade ins only while the blind well eats up 4 spots. Add in Tinfoil and that's 7+cosair badges just for the dreaming city alone. Dunno how good rainmaker is, finest matterweave is pretty good, but pure matterglass lens is just terrible. Not only does it reward the still useless telemetries, it does so at an embarrassing pace. I got 3 I think last time I used one.

Bounties:
    In general, this area is good. Can get crowded during double events but otherwise you generally have enough room.

Masterwork Cores:
    These really needed a boost to drop rates or a reduction in cost to use. Luckily, looks like we are getting it now?

Mods:
    Actually have the same problem as cores but haven't been getting the same attention. Unless you had a huge stockpile from before it's very hard to get them now. Mods come only rarely with gear, and while you do keep when you dismantle you lose when infusing so a lot of early drops players could lose. I still haven't modded up my gear yet.

Shaders:
    132 and counting personally with only 50 spots.

Strikes:
    Not much changed here. The ability to chose your NF is really nice for grinding their loot. Still wish that drop rate wasn't insultingly bad.

New Classes:
    All the new options are really nice even the weakest, *probably arcstrider,* are still nice. Like to the point of 'what would I use this' when comparing some of the old sub classes to the new ones. But I don't need to be negative everywhere. They look and feel, the raw mechanics of the new stuff is all outstanding. They feel fun to use. Hunter probably got the weakest set of new subs, but considering they had the best set of supers already, plus they at least got their own melting point melee too now. Warlocks new ones are the best in each of their main classes, other then bottom dawnblade for pvp. Doing the last wish raid without a well warlock must be such a pain in the ass for every encounter. The Titan's are a bit weak, but since even the weak ones are super fun to use they get a pass. Don't like the new banner shield during raids, I seem to get more of the "shooting at enemies but no damage/no dam pop up" bug with that on. Plus when people don't drop it for eye duty they get hard to see. Nice if you're whispering the cancer though.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

I’ve only unlocked the first few pages of the Trolley Problem lore book but I can only assume it ends with chanus constructing a throne room from the deaths of those tied to the tracks

i mean i don’t wanna post spoilers but

• Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

i mean i don’t wanna post spoilers but

Chanus is the Drifter.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I agree the the majority of what @Fondor_Yards had to say but for:
    * You can get shaders out of the collection pretty cheap so overall number of shaders isn't such a big deal
    (raid spoilers)
    * The eye spawn locations in Morgeth aren't a huge problem if you've got one or two people dedicated to the duty since you know about when people are going to get trapped and they can hang out wherever the downed eye happens to be just prior. But if the intent isn't for you to burn the ogre down in one phase (which it doesn't seem like it was, all things considered) there should really be an eye that spawns with the 10th Taken Strength orb, or even spawns right when the DPS phase starts. There are just too many intersecting timers in the encounter.

CptHamilton on