As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Guys, guys I have a shotgun- no no hear me out. I have a shotgun, right. In my secondary slot.

For real this is amazing.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    If the meatball is really common now then I'm pretty sure for the next week or two if I invade and see the other team fighting one when my team isn't I'm just gonna dance. Fuck screwing people out of it for some Infamy points.

can you help the other team kill the meatball i wonder? heh

Nope. You can't damage any of the enemies when you're invading. I reflexively tried to shotgun a phalanx once and it did nothing.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    If the meatball is really common now then I'm pretty sure for the next week or two if I invade and see the other team fighting one when my team isn't I'm just gonna dance. Fuck screwing people out of it for some Infamy points.

can you help the other team kill the meatball i wonder? heh

Nope. You can't damage any of the enemies when you're invading. I reflexively tried to shotgun a phalanx once and it did nothing.

aww there go my good samaritan dreams

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I had a special moment recently where I went to Invade, killed three dudes, then I think I used blink and my brain was so tired that I thought I had been returned from my invasion and just starting trying to fight the opposing Primeval.

When I then was actually returned home, man oh man was I confused.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Related to that... unfortunately, you cannot steal the heavy ammo box from the opposing team... :T

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    If anyone else wants to run some Corrupted Nightfalls to get that Pulse Rifle - Horrors Least, just send me a message if you see me online.

Has anyone experienced any notable increases in droprate with running repeated Nightfalls since the patch?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    The fun thing you do is when you see the other team gets the testicle, your entire team drops the game. Which gives the other team the win but since they don't kill the testicle they don't get the quest.
    Yes, people are actually doing this.

Yeah that should be a bannable offense.

One of the first major reports on reddit a few weeks ago got a response from bungie that, to me anyway, indicated that they were going to treat this sort of thing seriously.

I mean, take that for what you will. Bungie doesn't have the best track record in dealing with griefing or exploiting so...?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    The fun thing you do is when you see the other team gets the testicle, your entire team drops the game. Which gives the other team the win but since they don't kill the testicle they don't get the quest.

One of the first major reports on reddit a few weeks ago got a response from bungie that, to me anyway, indicated that they were going to treat this sort of thing seriously.

I mean, take that for what you will. Bungie doesn't have the best track record in dealing with griefing or exploiting so...?

I'm sure they will frown very hard at these reports and give those players' accounts the starin' of a lifetime.

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I still don't understand blade barrage. I was underneath and behind a guy, on my screen anyway, when he cast his super and I still got killed. My assumption has been that if you hear the noise (or see the guy obviously jumping to cast it) you do have that split second to get behind cover or get away from the guy but it's like the game figures out who got hit when the hunter hits the button and all of the noise and animation and visible knives are just for show.

There actually are projectiles that travel a like a zillion miles an hour and have tons of tracking on them. The blades themselves ALSO explode, and because explosions are spherical AoEs that can curve around cover to some extent, you can get nicked by it while "in cover" and still die. Unlike Dawnblade, Blade Barrage has no small dead angle right beneath them.

It is possible to dodge it, but the time from animation start to projectile fire is like 0.3 seconds so you really need to be already heading for cover to have any reasonable expectation of actually living.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I'm sure they will frown very hard at these reports and give those players' accounts the starin' of a lifetime.

there will be a ban on PC and then a tweet celebrating their tough stance

• Options
    Xagar wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    I still don't understand blade barrage. I was underneath and behind a guy, on my screen anyway, when he cast his super and I still got killed. My assumption has been that if you hear the noise (or see the guy obviously jumping to cast it) you do have that split second to get behind cover or get away from the guy but it's like the game figures out who got hit when the hunter hits the button and all of the noise and animation and visible knives are just for show.

There actually are projectiles that travel a like a zillion miles an hour and have tons of tracking on them. The blades themselves ALSO explode, and because explosions are spherical AoEs that can curve around cover to some extent, you can get nicked by it while "in cover" and still die. Unlike Dawnblade, Blade Barrage has no small dead angle right beneath them.

It is possible to dodge it, but the time from animation start to projectile fire is like 0.3 seconds so you really need to be already heading for cover to have any reasonable expectation of actually living.

Easiest tell is if you see a hunter making a beeline towards you like they are Destiny 1 Warlock nova bomber. Especially if they jump long before shotgun fringe range. But that's a tell for most projectile supers.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    So the bow is amazing and I love it. <3

I'm pretty sure this means that bows are trash and I shouldn't be using one but wheeeeeee

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »

I'm pretty sure this means that bows are trash and I shouldn't be using one but wheeeeeee

i got wish ender last weekend and used it a bit and was like man this seems pretty good

and then read in the patch notes this week they had to buff it because it sucked

hello, brother

• Options
    edited November 2018

i got wish ender last weekend and used it a bit and was like man this seems pretty good

and then read in the patch notes this week they had to buff it because it sucked

hello, brother

Brother!

Ah, well. Can't have everything.

What we do have, though, are some satisfying headshots.

And each other. <3

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Before everyone gets all gung-ho on helping an enemy team get their meatball kill, you should know that if it spawns for one team it also spawns for the other. So in your effort to "help a brother out" you're actually screwing over your own team. So maybe don't do that.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Before everyone gets all gung-ho on helping an enemy team get their meatball kill, you should know that if it spawns for one team it also spawns for the other. So in your effort to "help a brother out" you're actually screwing over your own team. So maybe don't do that.

i don’t know how any of this works

i’ve still never even seen it

• Options

i don’t know how any of this works

i’ve still never even seen it

https://youtu.be/no0qB8CVspY

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular

I'll consider that as believable as a Donald Trump statement.

• Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    Raiding last night on PC dropped a total of 2,000 Voices for the crew. Half for me, half for @Hacksaw

If you're about to open an end-raid chest, having JayFoe play his trombone near it is highly recommended!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Toasticus wrote: »
    Raiding last night on PC dropped a total of 2,000 Voices for the crew. Half for me, half for @Hacksaw

If you're about to open an end-raid chest, having JayFoe play his trombone near it is highly recommended!

I've seen a total of 2 drop across 48+ chests being opened. You guys got lucky!

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I would argue that if your team doesn't have it up and has demonstrably shown that they lack the DPS (or common sense to shoot the goddamn orbs/goblins that are immuning the primeval), then you're just wasting everyone's time prolonging the burn. Especially if you extend the match long enough to somehow get the meatball going and lose anyway.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I hear there's a shotgun that is maybe good in Escalation Protocol this week? Anyone on Xbox want to jam EP tonight and show me the ropes? I tried a couple times solo over the weekend and it didn't go very well...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options

I would argue that if your team doesn't have it up and has demonstrably shown that they lack the DPS (or common sense to shoot the goddamn orbs/goblins that are immuning the primeval), then you're just wasting everyone's time prolonging the burn. Especially if you extend the match long enough to somehow get the meatball going and lose anyway.

I don't feel like that's a determination you should get to make for the rest of your team.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    If I see a meatball on my side I'm gonna try to burn it down because I want other people to get the quest.
    If I don't see a meatball on my side and I invade because the other team is winning but then I see a meatball over there, I'm going to let them try to burn their meatball because I want other people to get the quest.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    No 1K voices but I think I have all the curated raid rolls. Arteen has gotten like 3 of the goddamn things.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    If I see a meatball on my side I'm gonna try to burn it down because I want other people to get the quest.
    If I don't see a meatball on my side and I invade because the other team is winning but then I see a meatball over there, I'm going to let them try to burn their meatball because I want other people to get the quest.

imagine you're standing above a set of train tracks at a lever and on one side your team doesn't have a meatball and on the other side the other team does have a meatball

• Options

You want the other team to get the quest more than your team to get the quest?

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I don't feel like that's a determination you should get to make for the rest of your team.

That's fine. We don't have to agree on everything.

I'm not one to idle out the remainder of a round or dance an invasion, but again, if my team has shown that it cannot win then the invader is in effect wasting our time. How a person feels does not necessarily dictate how they act.

I have positively wasted my own time forcing a third round through the clutch knowing full well it (winning) just isn't going to happen.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

That's fine. We don't have to agree on everything.

I'm not one to idle out the remainder of a round or dance an invasion, but again, if my team has shown that it cannot win then the invader is in effect wasting our time. How a person feels does not necessarily dictate how they act.

I have positively wasted my own time forcing a third round through the clutch knowing full well it (winning) just isn't going to happen.

If you clutch Round 2, why is it impossible to clutch Round 3?

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options

In this hypothetical are the other Guardians in the trolley from PA?

I already have the quest. It doesn't matter to me one whit which set of blueberries gets the quest. If the other team kills their meatball and gets the quest before we even summon our meatball, good on them. In fact, if that happens then the blueberries on my team will never know that they failed to kill their meatball in time.

In the unlikely event that I invade just as the other team summons their meatball or I get punched through the portal after we've already summoned our meatball I will suicide and go back to try to help my team get their meatball on.

• Options

I already have the quest. It doesn't matter to me one whit which set of blueberries gets the quest. If the other team kills their meatball and gets the quest before we even summon our meatball, good on them. In fact, if that happens then the blueberries on my team will never know that they failed to kill their meatball in time.

In the unlikely event that I invade just as the other team summons their meatball or I get punched through the portal after we've already summoned our meatball I will suicide and go back to try to help my team get their meatball on.

Killing the Meatball post-quest also drops the Gambit cosmetics so there's pretty much always a reason to want to kill it. I guess I'm just appalled at the idea that someone would tank their own team - even if it's just blueberries - to let the enemy win while both teams have the same motivations to kill the meatball. Screwing over the other three people on your team to help the four people on the other team because you've "already got yours" doesn't seem like a nice thing to do.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    Imagine if you didn't already have the quest, and despite your best efforts your team was behind but not hopelessly so (a tough call to make given the wild levels of comeback mechanics and burn potential in Gambit), and a teammate of yours with the quest invaded and then you saw them dance while getting no kills.

Wouldn't feel great!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I dunno about Wish Ender specifically but bows are perfectly good, particularly if you have a Draw Time MW on the bow and reload perk on gloves. They tend to 1 shot most mooks and Explosive Head has a big enough AoE that it handles crowds well. They've become my preferred primary weapon.

• Options
    Well, going into this moral debate I wasn't aware that if one team got the meatball then both got the meatball.
    My position was, and remains, "If you see the meatball then it really sucks if you don't get to kill the meatball."
    If you don't see the meatball, or you get it after the other team's is already almost dead, I feel like there's a lot less sting in the loss.

• Options
    i kinda feel morally obligated to not fuck up anyone's chance at the meatball because i very much feel that making it so that it can be fucked up by other people is really poor game design

but i don't think i would do anything that intentionally sabotages my own team

• Options

Killing the Meatball post-quest also drops the Gambit cosmetics so there's pretty much always a reason to want to kill it. I guess I'm just appalled at the idea that someone would tank their own team - even if it's just blueberries - to let the enemy win while both teams have the same motivations to kill the meatball. Screwing over the other three people on your team to help the four people on the other team because you've "already got yours" doesn't seem like a nice thing to do.

You see a meatball spawning for four malfeasance-less (or otherwise nooblike) guardians on their side of Gambit. You are standing next to the invasion portal. If you invade and then do nothing, the meatball will be likely killed by those four guardians first, allowing them to get the quest. However, there are also potentially three malfeasance-less guardians on your team who have been really annoying you all match because they keep picking up your motes. You have two options:

- Don't invade poorly, making it less likely those four guardians will get the malfeasance quest.
    - Invade poorly, where it will deny your three teammates their malfeasance quest.

Which is the more ethical option?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

You see a meatball spawning for four malfeasance-less (or otherwise nooblike) guardians on their side of Gambit. You are standing next to the invasion portal. If you invade and then do nothing, the meatball will be likely killed by those four guardians first, allowing them to get the quest. However, there are also potentially three malfeasance-less guardians on your team who have been really annoying you all match because they keep picking up your motes. You have two options:

- Don't invade poorly, making it less likely those four guardians will get the malfeasance quest.
    - Invade poorly, where it will deny your three teammates their malfeasance quest.

I feel you have a moral imperative to help your own team over the enemy team.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    the only winning move is not to invade

• Options

I mean obviously

I just thought it was too perfect to make a trolley problem joke

• Options

I mean obviously

I just thought it was too perfect to make a trolley problem joke

I feel like people don't trust me with the Trolley Problem after how I chose to end Life is Strange

vq2TEKC.png