As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL HAIL [THANKSGIVING]!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Too soon, Xaquin. Too soon.

yeah, I maybe should have waited, but some subforums already have secret satan stuff going and I really like thanksgiving

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »
    IT'S STILL OCTOBER. HALLOWEEN STILL RULES THIS LAND.

YOUR DAY IS WANING. SOON ALL WILL BELONG TO THANKSGIVING. ALREADY EUROPE NEARS TWILIGHT.

Bonfire Night is soon though.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    honestly with christmas decorations and music constantly creeping into november, it was only a matter of time before thanksgiving made its move against the house of halloween.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Ladai wrote: »
    honestly with christmas decorations and music constantly creeping into november, it was only a matter of time before thanksgiving made its move against the house of halloween.

We just have to wait for the inevitable candy corn crash

• Options
    also I don't think halloween gets the respect it deserves for being the single solitary thing keeping us from seeing christmas decorations in October.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    also I don't think halloween gets the respect it deserves for being the single solitary thing keeping us from seeing christmas decorations in October.

that should be Thanksgiving!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my parents are gonna be in town so we're probably heading up to my uncle's house for thanksgiving proper

which is fine

but the real fun will be a week later when we do a thanksgiving-style thing with all our friends

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    how in the shit did this turn into the bad food thread so fast

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    how in the shit did this turn into the bad food thread so fast

We let Lost Salient in

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    hot take the best part of the entire Thanksgiving meal is stuffing, fight me

Mashed potatoes with the proper amount of gravy are right up there fighting for that throne though. I will grant that a proper stuffing is definitely delicious.

Also, these guys are not to be overlooked:
    707w30l9mubw.png

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I guess basically give me all the carbs.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    b9e2c1679aec1ab73dc94663c829b9e4.jpg

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    b9e2c1679aec1ab73dc94663c829b9e4.jpg

But that's English Xmas! They have crackers!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    also I'm not sure what that meat is but it sure as shit isn't a turkey

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    It's an unstable turkey, made custom so Ben can slice it without killing everyone in the room.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That's not a British Christmas, no one is pissed by midday.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    also I'm not sure what that meat is but it sure as shit isn't a turkey

it's made out of the same materials as their smiles

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

It's an important step to protect against the succession of mild burns after putting way too much stuff in the oven and having to turn all the trays around, tetris style

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Liiya wrote: »

you take one look at Ben Grimm's expression and tell me he's not sudsed to the bejesus.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    DOOM'S THANKSGIVING WILL DESTROY THE THANKSGIVING OF THE CURSED RICHARDS FAMILY

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    you've gone too far, Doom

crash!

boom!

bang!

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    yesterday I cracked open a can of this for my cat, and it smelled fucking amazing:
    RCZJVJ6.jpg
    definitely ready for thanksgiving now

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I enjoy the irony of serving Thanksgiving food to the animal on Earth least capable of gratitude.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The secret to juicy turkey is brining it beforehand. Also deep-frying the bird makes for the most delicious turkey you can have.

My personal favorite dish of the holiday though? Homemade cranberry sauce and all the deviled eggs I can eat. Yes, the end result is absolutely vile.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Alton Brown's Good Eats Turkey, brined, stuffed with aromatics, and then roasted is the king of birds.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Best part of turkey day is mst3k

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

Walmart put out Christmas stuff two weeks ago here

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    The secret to juicy turkey is brining it beforehand. Also deep-frying the bird makes for the most delicious turkey you can have.

My personal favorite dish of the holiday though? Homemade cranberry sauce and all the deviled eggs I can eat. Yes, the end result is absolutely vile.

Gotta be careful not to over-brine though. Too long in the brine and you'll get a juicy but bland turkey.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    FUCKING TIME FOR PIE MOTHERFUCKERS AWWWW YEEEEAAAAAAAH

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Walmart can suck shit out of my juicy butthole.

Fuck Walmart.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Tonkka wrote: »

Fuck Walmart.

Are you saying you soaked your butthole in brine?

webguy20 on
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Fuck Walmart.

You don't?

Hey everybody, get a load of the guy with the dry, tasteless butthole over here.

• Options
    I'd like to give thanks for

Well

Never mind

• Options
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Fuck Walmart.

You don't?

Hey everybody, get a load of the guy with the dry, tasteless butthole over here.

Fuck I've been missing out this entire time!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Best thing about a brined butthole is soaking that tender vittle for all 8 hours.

Re-lax-in’.

• Options

Fuck Walmart.

No, my butthole is naturally juicy.

Also fuck Walmart.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Alton Brown's Good Eats Turkey, brined, stuffed with aromatics, and then roasted is the king of birds.

No joke, my mom has no idea how to cook a turkey and she just roasts it within an inch of its poor bird life every year of my childhood.

Three years ago I decided to high jack Thanksgiving and did that recipe and she was not happy at how much more the family liked my bird.

Done Altons Thanksgiving menu to great success. Except the year I also did his cranberry cosmopolitan cocktails and I got black out drunk and woke up at like nine pm after passing out with my shoes on.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    If y'all don't have canned Cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, you're fuckin' up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i have no real love for actually eating canned cranberry sauce, and usually don't. but the shape! the shape. it simply must be present at the feast

f2ojmwh3geue.png