Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

DELTARUNE

13

Posts

  • LucedesLucedes i'm not real, and i deny Registered User regular
    susie's theme is so good.

    Dr. ChaosTalithXerinkNeoToma
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    It's great but I can just leave this playing all day

    https://tobyfox.bandcamp.com/track/field-of-hopes-and-dreams

    9e0txHT.gif
    BeastehPooch
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    R U D E B U S T E R
    or to give a less basic answer, Lantern.

    cB557 on
    ikzpt6vtahzi.png
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Don't think I really realized how creepy "Kris" is until the end. The game was telegraphing it hard too.
    His side of the room is kind of depressing. His covered eyes, his movements when he's being pushed around or sits are so puppetlike and lifeless.

    Without you hijacking the body as the heart, sounds like everybody else might have thought he was strange aswell. From how Rudy mentions you used to hide under Noelle's bed to scare her and how Asgore says you don't like being hugged.

    Dr. Chaos on
    Ab3HW.png
    FF14: Buckle Landrunner
    Steam Profile
    3DS FC: 1246-9730-5556
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    So I finished it again a second time to go over a few things I know I missed, and for fun stuffs. I kind of got a lot of ideas about the ending and such
    At first I was super confused by the ending because seriously, where does that come from? But after reading a lot of ideas, and really paying attention to what a lot of the towns monsters say it started to give me an idea.

    Dr Chaos kind of pointed it out too. Someone had mentioned how it was odd that you save over Kris's name in the save files when you first save the game. Between that, how so many people acting like you are being different, and the whole emptiness of everything Kris related, it kind of makes the ending make a little more sense. Basically you take over Kris in the game. Your choices are different than his would be. I am guessing he is not too happy about that, so at the end (which is when you stop getting to play the game oddly enough) he is ripping you out of his body. I guess the whole Knife thing is just supposed to tell you who Kris REALLY was the whole time before.

    Also, while I am not as sure about this, I kind of wonder if the "Knight" they all talk about in the Dark World could be Chara / Real Kris. Some of the vague comments from Jevil and The King seem to hint towards him being different, which would be odd for someone NOT the townspeople to say.

    Also with regards to the secret boss
    I did him the first time the pacifist way because I heard it was harder. This second playthrough, I did the fighting way and that is definitely a lot harder. I mean not only did it feel longer, but you dont get all those rounds of reduced difficulty bullet mode. Some of those configurations are way easier that way. Also, it sure as hell seems like he does a LOT more damage at the end. I died about 8-10 times and almost all of them were when he was a few attacks from dying. Sometimes I would go all in on attacking because I was sure he was done, and he would not be and just getting hit a few times would wipe out my party from fairly healthy. I kept trying to make it a goal to make it past the special attack part (which is around where his damage goes up) with the Top Cake but I never did, even when I won. The whole experience though made me REALLY love Toby's combat when there is a challenge enough to make you use all its parts. I felt so much pressure just to not take too many hits from each bullet config and try to finally master them so I wouldn't take damage just so I could get through the fight faster to not run out of good items. I also noticed the "random" healing amount items seem to work better on certain characters. The hearts donut does little healing to Kris but the chocolate does a lot, for instance.

    Also, I could be off on this one, but with regards to some flavor text at the end
    When you search Alphys' computer and it says it is off, so it finally feel peaceful. I can't help but think that is how Toby feels with all the work making the game after his post about it :(

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Also, I could be off on this one, but with regards to some flavor text at the end
    When you search Alphys' computer and it says it is off, so it finally feel peaceful. I can't help but think that is how Toby feels with all the work making the game after his post about it :(

    Doubt it.
    Dog's in the Libabrary making games...

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    Road BlockTDawgXerinkLucedesNeoTomaBeastehJohnny Chopsocky
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Don't think I really realized how creepy "Kris" is until the end. The game was telegraphing it hard too.
    His side of the room is kind of depressing. His covered eyes, his movements when he's being pushed around or sits are so puppetlike and lifeless.

    Without you hijacking the body as the heart, sounds like everybody else might have thought he was strange aswell. From how Rudy mentions you used to hide under Noelle's bed to scare her and how Asgore says you don't like being hugged.
    I think that's just who Kris is.
    A lonely kid who gets bullied and doesn't win anything.
    YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE WHO YOU ARE

    End:
    Good vector for Chara though.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I have seen some interesting speculation elsewhere.
    Ralsei may be up to something. Nothing particularly concrete, just questions like why is he sitting around in an empty kingdom, why does a darkener look exactly like a boss monster, what was he talking to Kris about after telling you to go focus on Susie.

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    BahamutZERO
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Also, I could be off on this one, but with regards to some flavor text at the end
    When you search Alphys' computer and it says it is off, so it finally feel peaceful. I can't help but think that is how Toby feels with all the work making the game after his post about it :(

    Doubt it.
    Dog's in the Libabrary making games...

    Yeah I know. I don't think it was intentional, but it is what I thought of for an otherwise kind of out of place line

  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    I automatically assumed Ralsei was a deceptive Flowey type throughout the game. Now that I've finished it, I don't think that's the case anymore, buuut I agree that he knows stuff (probably about the player and the player's role in the game) and is trying to do, well, things. I don't know what kind of things, but things indeed.

    what a happy day it is
    21stCentury
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    So I finished it again a second time to go over a few things I know I missed, and for fun stuffs. I kind of got a lot of ideas about the ending and such
    At first I was super confused by the ending because seriously, where does that come from? But after reading a lot of ideas, and really paying attention to what a lot of the towns monsters say it started to give me an idea.

    Dr Chaos kind of pointed it out too. Someone had mentioned how it was odd that you save over Kris's name in the save files when you first save the game. Between that, how so many people acting like you are being different, and the whole emptiness of everything Kris related, it kind of makes the ending make a little more sense. Basically you take over Kris in the game. Your choices are different than his would be. I am guessing he is not too happy about that, so at the end (which is when you stop getting to play the game oddly enough) he is ripping you out of his body. I guess the whole Knife thing is just supposed to tell you who Kris REALLY was the whole time before.

    Also, while I am not as sure about this, I kind of wonder if the "Knight" they all talk about in the Dark World could be Chara / Real Kris. Some of the vague comments from Jevil and The King seem to hint towards him being different, which would be odd for someone NOT the townspeople to say.
    I didn't notice this at all until someone pointed it out, but..... after Kris rips out their SOUL and slams it in the birdcage, you can.... move it around still. You still have control over the SOUL, but not Kris themself.

    Hmmmmmmm~~~

    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
    Road BlockBahamutZEROLucedesAbsalonNeoTomaGennenalyse RuebenJaysonFourPLABeasteh
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Don't think I really realized how creepy "Kris" is until the end. The game was telegraphing it hard too.
    His side of the room is kind of depressing. His covered eyes, his movements when he's being pushed around or sits are so puppetlike and lifeless.

    Without you hijacking the body as the heart, sounds like everybody else might have thought he was strange aswell. From how Rudy mentions you used to hide under Noelle's bed to scare her and how Asgore says you don't like being hugged.
    Honestly, I'm not sure Kris was creepy or evil as such.

    He just seems to be kind of the Less Favorite Child, a loner, and a bit of a social pariah. Pretty much everything the characters mention Kris doing is basically the kind of mean pranks a child trying to get attention from under the shadow of an overachieving older sibling would do. He has almost nothing of his own, while Asriel seems to have gotten everything. Hell, he even gets the shitty knockoff controller while Asriel has an official one. People constantly mention Asriel when talking to Kris, saying they miss him, and they hope he'll be back soon.

    Another option is that Kris did not actually exist per so, and he was clumsily inserted by us playing. That is why he has nothing, why the memories people have of him seem so bare and general - he's just a reverse-Gaster, sort of inserted into people's memories the way Gaster was erased from them, but things just kinda creak around the edges.

    Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    BahamutZERO
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Dibby wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    So I finished it again a second time to go over a few things I know I missed, and for fun stuffs. I kind of got a lot of ideas about the ending and such
    At first I was super confused by the ending because seriously, where does that come from? But after reading a lot of ideas, and really paying attention to what a lot of the towns monsters say it started to give me an idea.

    Dr Chaos kind of pointed it out too. Someone had mentioned how it was odd that you save over Kris's name in the save files when you first save the game. Between that, how so many people acting like you are being different, and the whole emptiness of everything Kris related, it kind of makes the ending make a little more sense. Basically you take over Kris in the game. Your choices are different than his would be. I am guessing he is not too happy about that, so at the end (which is when you stop getting to play the game oddly enough) he is ripping you out of his body. I guess the whole Knife thing is just supposed to tell you who Kris REALLY was the whole time before.

    Also, while I am not as sure about this, I kind of wonder if the "Knight" they all talk about in the Dark World could be Chara / Real Kris. Some of the vague comments from Jevil and The King seem to hint towards him being different, which would be odd for someone NOT the townspeople to say.
    I didn't notice this at all until someone pointed it out, but..... after Kris rips out their SOUL and slams it in the birdcage, you can.... move it around still. You still have control over the SOUL, but not Kris themself.

    Hmmmmmmm~~~
    I feel like there are perhaps three characters in play in the ending. Kris, You, and [YOURNAME] (the same personification of your control in games that Chara is replaced by at the end of a Genocide ending in Undertale (they're always with you)). Kris is a troubled kid who perhaps wouldn't be acting the way you do when you play the game. But [YOURNAME], who you bring into the world by playing the game and saving over Kris's file, is bad news for both you and Kris. I think what's happening in the end is they are taking both you and Kris out of the picture.

    There are holes in this idea, though. Namely the existance of the cage to begin with, and the stain by Kris's bed. Those could be significant outside of this suggested scenario

    Enlong on
    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Enlong wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    So I finished it again a second time to go over a few things I know I missed, and for fun stuffs. I kind of got a lot of ideas about the ending and such
    At first I was super confused by the ending because seriously, where does that come from? But after reading a lot of ideas, and really paying attention to what a lot of the towns monsters say it started to give me an idea.

    Dr Chaos kind of pointed it out too. Someone had mentioned how it was odd that you save over Kris's name in the save files when you first save the game. Between that, how so many people acting like you are being different, and the whole emptiness of everything Kris related, it kind of makes the ending make a little more sense. Basically you take over Kris in the game. Your choices are different than his would be. I am guessing he is not too happy about that, so at the end (which is when you stop getting to play the game oddly enough) he is ripping you out of his body. I guess the whole Knife thing is just supposed to tell you who Kris REALLY was the whole time before.

    Also, while I am not as sure about this, I kind of wonder if the "Knight" they all talk about in the Dark World could be Chara / Real Kris. Some of the vague comments from Jevil and The King seem to hint towards him being different, which would be odd for someone NOT the townspeople to say.
    I didn't notice this at all until someone pointed it out, but..... after Kris rips out their SOUL and slams it in the birdcage, you can.... move it around still. You still have control over the SOUL, but not Kris themself.

    Hmmmmmmm~~~
    I feel like there are perhaps three characters in play in the ending. Kris, You, and [YOURNAME] (the same personification of your control in games that Chara is replaced by at the end of a Genocide ending in Undertale (they're always with you)). Kris is a troubled kid who perhaps wouldn't be acting the way you do when you play the game. But [YOURNAME], who you bring into the world by playing the game and saving over Kris's file, is bad news for both you and Kris. I think what's happening in the end is they are taking both you and Kris out of the picture.

    There are holes in this idea, though. Namely the existance of the cage to begin with, and the stain by Kris's bed. Those could be significant outside of this suggested scenario
    Hmm. In Undertale, Chara was the soul of first human child who the Dreemurs adopted and was friends with Asriel, right? And Frisk picked that soul up when he possibly died or near-died falling on Chara's grave under the flower bed at the start of the game? I never really understood the metaphysics of what was going on with genocide ending.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    If the fountain in Ralsei's kingdom is giving it form as Ralsei claims, does that mean that the Card Kingdom is also being given form by its fountain? Assuming that the fountain only recently appeared, did the Card Kingdom even exist at all before then? If the Card Kingdom's fountain is now closed, does that mean that it no longer exists?

    My theory is that Ralsei is just making the prophecy up. He opened the second fountain himself in order to create what he could claim was a crisis, then pulled in people to go on an adventure with him and be his friends.

    It would be really fucked up if Lancer no longer exists not because his fountain needed to be closed in order to save the world, but because his fountain needed to be closed in order for Ralsei's fake prophecy to not fall apart.

    edit: Doing all of this in untagged spoilers is kind of a pain.
    Enlong wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    So I finished it again a second time to go over a few things I know I missed, and for fun stuffs. I kind of got a lot of ideas about the ending and such
    At first I was super confused by the ending because seriously, where does that come from? But after reading a lot of ideas, and really paying attention to what a lot of the towns monsters say it started to give me an idea.

    Dr Chaos kind of pointed it out too. Someone had mentioned how it was odd that you save over Kris's name in the save files when you first save the game. Between that, how so many people acting like you are being different, and the whole emptiness of everything Kris related, it kind of makes the ending make a little more sense. Basically you take over Kris in the game. Your choices are different than his would be. I am guessing he is not too happy about that, so at the end (which is when you stop getting to play the game oddly enough) he is ripping you out of his body. I guess the whole Knife thing is just supposed to tell you who Kris REALLY was the whole time before.

    Also, while I am not as sure about this, I kind of wonder if the "Knight" they all talk about in the Dark World could be Chara / Real Kris. Some of the vague comments from Jevil and The King seem to hint towards him being different, which would be odd for someone NOT the townspeople to say.
    I didn't notice this at all until someone pointed it out, but..... after Kris rips out their SOUL and slams it in the birdcage, you can.... move it around still. You still have control over the SOUL, but not Kris themself.

    Hmmmmmmm~~~
    I feel like there are perhaps three characters in play in the ending. Kris, You, and [YOURNAME] (the same personification of your control in games that Chara is replaced by at the end of a Genocide ending in Undertale (they're always with you)). Kris is a troubled kid who perhaps wouldn't be acting the way you do when you play the game. But [YOURNAME], who you bring into the world by playing the game and saving over Kris's file, is bad news for both you and Kris. I think what's happening in the end is they are taking both you and Kris out of the picture.

    There are holes in this idea, though. Namely the existance of the cage to begin with, and the stain by Kris's bed. Those could be significant outside of this suggested scenario
    Hmm. In Undertale, Chara was the soul of first human child who the Dreemurs adopted and was friends with Asriel, right? And Frisk picked that soul up when he possibly died or near-died falling on Chara's grave under the flower bed at the start of the game? I never really understood the metaphysics of what was going on with genocide ending.
    My theory is that whatever you named the fallen child is expected to be the usual name you give to the soulless abominations that you inject into worlds and puppet around for your amusement. However, the game tricks you, having that actually be the name of a long-gone NPC while the character you control maintains their own identity. They have their own name, and their own past, but as long as you're in control you'll never get to see any of it.

    In the genocide run, you completely reject Frisk's identity, twisting his behavior into something that only a player would be willing or capable of doing. In doing so, you brute-force him into being just another manifestation of your usual avatar, turning him from Frisk into the identity that you originally tried to give him. In doing so, you sort of conflate your avatar with the fallen child's identity. Ultimately, you create a being with no purpose other than to carry out one final run of a game that you've ceased to see as anything other than a game, before you move on to playing other things.

    jothki on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    If the fountain in Ralsei's kingdom is giving it form as Ralsei claims, does that mean that the Card Kingdom is also being given form by its fountain? Assuming that the fountain only recently appeared, did the Card Kingdom even exist at all before then? If the Card Kingdom's fountain is now closed, does that mean that it no longer exists?

    My theory is that Ralsei is just making the prophecy up. He opened the second fountain himself in order to create what he could claim was a crisis, then pulled in people to go on an adventure with him and be his friends.

    It would be really fucked up if Lancer no longer exists not because his fountain needed to be closed in order to save the world, but because his fountain needed to be closed in order for Ralsei's fake prophecy to not fall apart.

    edit: Doing all of this in untagged spoilers is kind of a pain.
    Enlong wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    So I finished it again a second time to go over a few things I know I missed, and for fun stuffs. I kind of got a lot of ideas about the ending and such
    At first I was super confused by the ending because seriously, where does that come from? But after reading a lot of ideas, and really paying attention to what a lot of the towns monsters say it started to give me an idea.

    Dr Chaos kind of pointed it out too. Someone had mentioned how it was odd that you save over Kris's name in the save files when you first save the game. Between that, how so many people acting like you are being different, and the whole emptiness of everything Kris related, it kind of makes the ending make a little more sense. Basically you take over Kris in the game. Your choices are different than his would be. I am guessing he is not too happy about that, so at the end (which is when you stop getting to play the game oddly enough) he is ripping you out of his body. I guess the whole Knife thing is just supposed to tell you who Kris REALLY was the whole time before.

    Also, while I am not as sure about this, I kind of wonder if the "Knight" they all talk about in the Dark World could be Chara / Real Kris. Some of the vague comments from Jevil and The King seem to hint towards him being different, which would be odd for someone NOT the townspeople to say.
    I didn't notice this at all until someone pointed it out, but..... after Kris rips out their SOUL and slams it in the birdcage, you can.... move it around still. You still have control over the SOUL, but not Kris themself.

    Hmmmmmmm~~~
    I feel like there are perhaps three characters in play in the ending. Kris, You, and [YOURNAME] (the same personification of your control in games that Chara is replaced by at the end of a Genocide ending in Undertale (they're always with you)). Kris is a troubled kid who perhaps wouldn't be acting the way you do when you play the game. But [YOURNAME], who you bring into the world by playing the game and saving over Kris's file, is bad news for both you and Kris. I think what's happening in the end is they are taking both you and Kris out of the picture.

    There are holes in this idea, though. Namely the existance of the cage to begin with, and the stain by Kris's bed. Those could be significant outside of this suggested scenario
    Hmm. In Undertale, Chara was the soul of first human child who the Dreemurs adopted and was friends with Asriel, right? And Frisk picked that soul up when he possibly died or near-died falling on Chara's grave under the flower bed at the start of the game? I never really understood the metaphysics of what was going on with genocide ending.
    My theory is that whatever you named the fallen child is expected to be the usual name you give to the soulless abominations that you inject into worlds and puppet around for your amusement. However, the game tricks you, having that actually be the name of a long-gone NPC while the character you control maintains their own identity. They have their own name, and their own past, but as long as you're in control you'll never get to see any of it.

    In the genocide run, you completely reject Frisk's identity, twisting his behavior into something that only a player would be willing or capable of doing. In doing so, you brute-force him into being just another manifestation of your usual avatar, turning him from Frisk into the identity that you originally tried to give him. In doing so, you sort of conflate your avatar with the fallen child's identity. Ultimately, you create a being with no purpose other than to carry out one final run of a game that you've ceased to see as anything other than a game, before you move on to playing other things.

    Frisk is canonically a them

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's just unstated?

    ikzpt6vtahzi.png
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's just unstated?

    correct

    frisk's gender is never explicitly stated and thus the game uses a gender neutral pronoun because of that

    it is however correct to refer to frisk as they/them for that reason. probably kris as well? kris's gender is never explicitly stated either, right? i decided to go with they/them for kris either way.

    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
    RMS OceanicGennenalyse RuebenAndy Joe
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I am pretty sure I saw Kris referred to as him multiple times, including on twitter? I think Toby went with a definitive character this time. Seems to be the overall theme of the game.

  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I am pretty sure I saw Kris referred to as him multiple times, including on twitter? I think Toby went with a definitive character this time. Seems to be the overall theme of the game.

    i can't recall the game referring to kris's gender but i could also just be forgetting, yeah?

    i also can't seem to find any mention from toby either on his twitter or that twitlonger that he did regarding kris's gender

    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Dibby wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's just unstated?

    correct

    frisk's gender is never explicitly stated and thus the game uses a gender neutral pronoun because of that

    it is however correct to refer to frisk as they/them for that reason. probably kris as well? kris's gender is never explicitly stated either, right? i decided to go with they/them for kris either way.

    If you launch the game after a pacifist ending, Flowey specifically uses "they" pronouns for Frisk.

    21stCentury on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Dibby wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's just unstated?

    correct

    frisk's gender is never explicitly stated and thus the game uses a gender neutral pronoun because of that

    it is however correct to refer to frisk as they/them for that reason. probably kris as well? kris's gender is never explicitly stated either, right? i decided to go with they/them for kris either way.

    If you launch the game after a pacifist ending, Flowey specifically uses "they" pronouns for Frisk.
    Isn't Flowey talking to the player/Chara then?

    cB557 on
    ikzpt6vtahzi.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's just unstated?

    correct

    frisk's gender is never explicitly stated and thus the game uses a gender neutral pronoun because of that

    it is however correct to refer to frisk as they/them for that reason. probably kris as well? kris's gender is never explicitly stated either, right? i decided to go with they/them for kris either way.

    If you launch the game after a pacifist ending, Flowey specifically uses "they" pronouns for Frisk.
    Isn't Flowey talking to the player/Chara then?
    there's a line "Let Frisk live their life", which isn't conclusive to me re: gender either way but oh my god

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    21stCenturyGennenalyse Rueben
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's just unstated?

    correct

    frisk's gender is never explicitly stated and thus the game uses a gender neutral pronoun because of that

    it is however correct to refer to frisk as they/them for that reason. probably kris as well? kris's gender is never explicitly stated either, right? i decided to go with they/them for kris either way.

    If you launch the game after a pacifist ending, Flowey specifically uses "they" pronouns for Frisk.
    Isn't Flowey talking to the player/Chara then?
    there's a line "Let Frisk live their life", which isn't conclusive to me re: gender either way but oh my god

    it's conclusive to me!

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Frisk, Chara and Kris are all "they" to me.

  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    it's a commander shepherd situation

    SYhhzZG.jpg?2?8605
    cB557PLA
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    "Kris."
    "Suz."

  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular


    *furiously unleashes air guitar*

    Ab3HW.png
    FF14: Buckle Landrunner
    Steam Profile
    3DS FC: 1246-9730-5556
    Talith
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Deltarune covers finally starting to come in. Still waiting to hear one from RichaadEb or FamilyJules though.

    9e0txHT.gif
    NeoToma
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Waiting patiently on that LittleVmills cover of VS Susie.
    F9Gns3R.gif

    His Undertale ones were somethin.

    Dr. Chaos on
    Ab3HW.png
    FF14: Buckle Landrunner
    Steam Profile
    3DS FC: 1246-9730-5556
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    His cover of Hopes and Dreams was great.

    9e0txHT.gif
    Dr. Chaos
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    s07724tfhiw11.png

    ikzpt6vtahzi.png
    PLA
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular

    9e0txHT.gif
    darunia106discridercB557
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    21stCenturycB557LucedesPLAAndy Joe
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Went to find the secret boss I hadn't found in my playthrough.
    That was fun! Took three tries, though, because that scythe attack is a dick and a half and Ralsei is fragile and dies easily.

    The fact that he's the only character that has a voice is a nice little touch. Adds to his otherworldliness.

    Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    cB557
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    humor but spoiling because its optional superboss related

    cB557
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I figured if not simply a name it was:
    Just Evil

  • milskimilski UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ Registered User regular
    Do people call Joker cards Jesters elsewhere?

    You can't write me off like that! You're just a voice, pal! You don't know a DAMN THING ABOUT RACING!!
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Aren't there 2 jokers in a deck? Does that mean there's a Jgood somewhere?

    doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Do people call Joker cards Jesters elsewhere?
    No, but they usually depict jesters, and Jevil used to be the court jester. Could be J for joker, could be J for jester, could be both.

    ikzpt6vtahzi.png
Sign In or Register to comment.