As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This is like The Trilogy of Terror but far better.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I can't be the only person that scrolled up and down to try and figure out if the snake was going to attack, because it wasn't in the first picture.

Right?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Lysander is a gentle boy

He only wants to envelope me in his coils

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    @Straightzi where did you get that shirt? I want it.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    A Giant Dog is a real cool band

They are from Austin

Perhaps you should go to Austin, Veldrin

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I’ve heard Austin is the happeningest place

I can't be the only person that scrolled up and down to try and figure out if the snake was going to attack, because it wasn't in the first picture.

Right?

I don't trust a single thing in that place. I side-eye everything, just waiting..

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    After a wild weekend, I finally have time to sit down.
    zgzlKZP.jpg
    A wild package appeared! As always, Engel is here to inspect the contents.

9I4py5C.jpg
    Corgi prints! Engel can verify that this is exactly what he does in his spare time.

gTRk6uS.jpg

hXN39hg.jpg
    The following day I brought home a second package. Engel immediately went to verify that the contents were safe.

TbnU0rH.jpg
    I've never heard of this but it sounds delightfully terrible! I can't wait to sit down and watch it.

XGSrJid.jpg
    YES! I haven't had an SNES in a long time and after getting the Hyperkin NES, I've been eyeing this for awhile. Time to get more serious about rebuilding my SNES collection.

vUUVRFj.jpg
    Thank you Mystery Satan! I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Frankenhooker is great

Can you retake the pictures? The presents got in the way of Engel.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I have received an "order out for delivery" email, which I expected to mean that it would be a couple of days before my final gift for my target recipient would arrive. Nope! The package is blocks away and should arrive by the end of today.

Now the pressure is really on.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    frankenhooker is a perfect movie

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Package gotten!

Post later!
    Joooooooooooooooy

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Chainz

? -> Ceres
    ? -> Lalabox
    ? -> JayKaos -> Tonkka
    Noggin -> Xaquin -> Bucketman -> N1tSt4lker 1 2
    Blackhawk1313 -> Marathon
    ? -> Naphtali
    ? -> Veldrin
    Kadith -> Brolo
    Ladybug2332 -> Grobian 1 2 3
    ? -> Quicksnap
    ? -> Raijin Quickfoot
    Fearghaill -> Madican 1 2
    ? -> Straightzi †
    ? -> Okami

Platy on
    Wait why is my chain fragment so much more ominous than the rest?

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Wait why is my chain fragment so much more ominous than the rest?

have you seen

your posts

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    . wrote: »

Oh I'm sorry, is this better?
    qpwaaOg.jpg
    AkgbWLj.jpg
    VvUXDqk.jpg

Okami wrote: »

Oh I'm sorry, is this better?
    qpwaaOg.jpg
    AkgbWLj.jpg
    VvUXDqk.jpg

YES! Rides dinosaurs and does his civic duty? Engel is perfect.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I got my Satanee stuff a WHOLE WEEK AGO and I keep WAITING FOR SHIPPING NOTIFICATION and it hasn't happened yet

*hyperventillates*

I guess I just gotta buy more stuff

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I got home from work today, being stuck in horrendous traffic for well over an hour, to find a suspicious package (heh - package) on my porch.

I lugged it inside, and in the light it appeared to be a big box... a box full of things.
    VxelCgF.jpg

kGGOXGW.jpg

U7n9Z2S.jpg

Holy shit, got it in one!

I scooped out the entrails, mainly consisting of shopping bags and bundled newsprint, to find these gifts six awaiting inside. What a pile of loot!

n3uoYKv.jpg

Let's start with this jolly fellow.

9ERPgYL.jpg

1NsROGD.jpg

YAAASSSSSSS! Hella cookies! For fuckin real, these smelled amazing.

But that other tin... proclaiming LOY TO THE WONID! These strange incantations must protect something precious within...

YINgBO9.jpg

QUyZSD0.jpg

HELL YAAAAASSSSSSSS! So many cookies! It's a regular snackaroofest up in this piece! Fuck I love homemade cookies -- and I've got all of December to mow down on these bad boys before Candlenights proper, when I'll get to refill my stash. So stoked -- and so stocked!

Next up, this tesseract...

DY830oq.jpg

Sc9V4cA.jpg

Relic of the Dark Lord, eh? Special Power Moves, eh?!?

ZB5Z2Ev.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

m2perPp.jpg

Oh joyous Shaq. Oh how I pitty my opponents.

But wait! There's more!

u4GUPma.jpg

reAmYrU.jpg

YeMq0Od.jpg

Black salt straight from Hawaii! This stuff is crazy good. Very smoky. It'll make a great addition to my BBQ dry rub for sure. I wanna try it with eggs this weekend, even. Really really excited about this.

And the hits just keep coming!

pIYKDaO.jpg

zgcG1VT.jpg

Lookit this mug! WIth that long slender-necked lovely! And it has a travel lid, which I neglected to photograph, because I am a terrible person.

But whatever shall I put in thiice, you ask?

BEHOLD!

UFqe5C6.jpg

H9eDfbf.jpg

DIRT! SWEET BROWN DIRT!

iDQpeXR.jpg

Lenny inspected it carefully and deemed it safe to proceed. Which is good, because it is fuckin delightful.

XFHTXj9.jpg

hiIGSxZ.jpg

For real, @DashD, thank you so much. This was a wonderful surprise on a Monday night, and I am sincerely grateful.

8406wWN.png
    I can't even eat sweets right now, but I need the recipe for the Ginger Molasses Cookies, @DashD. Pretty please.

• DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    @Rankenphile It arrived, huzzah! I'm glad you like the things. There should be moar stuff coming your way.

I will post the recipe for the ginger molasses cookies when I do not have a lap full of sleeping cat.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hehe, package.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Okay, cat is off getting high and chasing invisible bugs. Or something.

Ginger Molasses Cookies
    Ingredients
    2.5 c all purpose flour
    1 t baking soda
    2 t ground cinnamon
    1.5 t ground cloves
    1/2 t nutmeg
    1/4 t salt
    1 c dark brown sugar, firmly packed
    1/4 c vegetable oil or browned butter
    1 egg
    1/3 c molasses
    1.25 c crystallized ginger, roughly chopped
    1/4 c granulated sugar

Method
    1) Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C)
    2) Whisk dry ingredients together
    3) mix brown sugar, molasses, & oil together on medium for 3 minutes
    4) Add egg, mix 1 minute, scrape bowl, mix for 1 more minute
    5) Add dry ingredients to wet, mix for 2 minutes
    6) Mix in ginger
    7) Scoop balls, roll in granulated sugar, flatten slightly, & place on ungreased cookie sheet
    8) Bake 11-13 minutes
    9) rest on pan 2 minutes, remove to wire racks & cool completely
    10) EAT ALL THE COOKIES!!!

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Hail, Satan!

Your fiendish demons have done some of their dark works. Packages three have arrived upon my doorstep but there are sigils that indicate that the number four should be that which I count to (going against all rules, both holy and thrown ordinance based). I shall await the alpha package (as they are numbered) before opening all the way to omega.

For now, you have my devotion - soon you will have my soul.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I got a package last night. I opened it really quick this morning because it was the first time I knew it was there.

More awesome socks! I didn't get a chance to take a pic because I was out the door on my way to work but I will!

Still no name or anything

Well, I got a delivery confirmation email about my package, but no package was to be found on my doorstep. Address is correct, so I sent an email.

Crap.

Also: Hehe, package.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Oho, I just received a package that brings some matters into clarity that were unclear prior.

Last week, a package came, but the contents and tenor of the note suggested that they were from Critical Failures, not Satan! Here is that post in its entirety:
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Hark! A bludgeoning device!
    IMG_20181128_223332.jpg?width=473&height=630

And a note?
    IMG_20181128_223347.jpg?width=473&height=630

Why yes, I DO enjoy complex eurogames! Scythe, Ora et Labora, Low Lands, and Terra Mystica/Gaia Project are among some of my favorite games ever. But this is far too small to be something like that...what could be inside?
    IMG_20181129_131005.jpg?width=473&height=630
    IMG_20181129_131013.jpg?width=473&height=630

Fascinating! It strikes me as something between Low Lands and Deep Sea Adventure. Keen to try it out! Thanks mystery Santa!

(I have my suspicion as to who this is, but generally have a policy of not airing that knowledge, so as to respect the gifter's privacy)

(I'm also not 100% certain this is CF santa as I'm also signed up for Secret Satans, but the inquiry about complex eurogames and lack of Satan driven thematics suggests this to be more likely)

Then, a few days ago, I receive this.
    IMG_20181204_114012.jpg?width=473&height=630

Most excellent socks - while this may not have been the intent, I play a Warrior in FFXIV, which is typically represented symbolically by crossed axes, so this was more ideal than you might think!

Today, I received another package - which first required testing by the local authority.
    IMG_20181204_111451.jpg?width=473&height=630

Once cleared, there was another note!
    IMG_20181204_111550.jpg?width=473&height=630

But nobody named Old Scratch is in the CF exchange. Puzzlingly, nobody here is either.

And that's when I learned (with some judicious help from Google) that Old Scratch is another name for Satan.

A thousand apologies if you thought I was ignoring your missives, Satan - I'm just a dense goose, is all. The goods, though, are excellent:
    IMG_20181204_111540.jpg?width=473&height=630

Tonight is board game night and I think I have some homework to do!

My thanks to Satan for this bountiful crop!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Are socks the new Shaq Fu?

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I hope so.

steam_sig.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod

damn right they are

and I love it

8406wWN.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hmm, someone somewhere has to have made Shaq-Fu socks right

Lasbrook wrote: »

I'm almost 100% sure you can have custom socks made.

edited December 2018

Socks are actually a Christmas tradition when we all get together in my family. Way back when, we'd all get an entire pack of white socks. Dudes got white athletic socks, ladies got white ankle socks. Now that the family has expanded tremendously, we get a pair of socks. Generally keeping with the white athletic/ankle socks, but last year we all got a pair of really fuzzy, colorful socks.
    Tradition also states that whoever is Santa and is handing out the gifts has to try to catch the sock receiver unawares when throwing it at them, hopefully hitting them in the head.

Slightly related: I have a tattoo that says "socks." Yes, with a period.

I rarely wear socks. I do at the gym.

. on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

I'm almost 100% sure you can have custom socks made.

There's a few options per google

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2018
    I was going to bring in a bunch of stuff to send out to my Satanee, but this morning was total chaos and i forgot.

tomorrow

tynic on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

Socks are actually a Christmas tradition when we all get together in my family. Way back when, we'd all get an entire pack of white socks. Dudes got white athletic socks, ladies got white ankle socks. Now that the family has expanded tremendously, we get a pair of socks. Generally keeping with the white athletic/ankle socks, but last year we all got a pair of really fuzzy, colorful socks.
    Tradition also states that whoever is Santa and is handing out the gifts has to try to catch the sock receiver unawares when throwing it at them, hopefully hitting them in the head.

This entire post is a delight.

DrZiplock wrote: »

This entire post is a delight.

I like to go away for a while then come back and overshare. What are your hobbies?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I wear socks all the time but always just the plain white ones with extra fabric around the toes and heels. I don't care for colorful socks or shoes, Size 14-15 feet mean I get what's comfortable.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Our new place has hardwood and tile floors so its very drafty, I have a new appreciation for warm socks and the slipper I got from Secret Satan like 3 or 4 years ago which I wear pretty much daily