As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Downwell, Dragon Marked for Death, and Wargroove out now.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Half the reason fighting games do seasons for DLC now is that it gives them a chance to better balance the game

Its much easier to work the bugs out of a smaller and then incrementally larger roster than an enormous one from the jump

Plus it provides a good break to make the large sweeping changes the roster might need between seasons

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Well I did my good deed for the day.

Was on the train home from class with a friend, who has an xbox but doesn't play a ton of games. He mentions that he got his partner a switch for christmas cause his partner really like Mario. So I say "Cool, I take it you got him the game too?". To which my friend replys "Oh ya. They had that new mario party game so I picked that up". Cue me getting this distressed look on my face and proceed to tell him about Odyssey. Long story short he sounds like he's about to trade the game he purchased for Odyssey and I think I just single handedly saved his relationship.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The new mario party is fun

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Well that was a pretty mean trick to play

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    When all you know about somebody's game preferences is that they like "Mario" I'm never recommending a bad minigame collection over the actual good Mario game on that system. I've seen what mario party does to relationships.

I am his savior.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    On the other hand I've seen drunken Mario Party and its pretty hilarious to watch.

• Options
    Super Mario Party is a better Mario Party game than Super Mario Odyssey is a Mario platformer.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Super Mario Party is a better Mario Party game than Super Mario Odyssey is a Mario platformer.

Listen

I agree with you but I don't think we're winning this fight here

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    lexi go to bed

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    lexi go to bed

its 10 am

• Options
    lexi go to bed

its 10 am

It is 9

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    lexi go to bed

its 10 am

It is 9

No sorry, time is absolute and its based on wherever I am

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Six AM

day after Christmas

• Options
    BIG APPLE

3 AM

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    A long, long time ago

In a galaxy far, far away

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    A long, long time ago

naboo was under, an attack

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    How did Katamari Rerolled turn out? I’m not buying any games until the new year, so I need to live vicariously through you folks.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    dang do the Wolf and Ridley amiibos look super cool

they got really good at making these after they stopped making them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    A long, long time ago

and I thought me and qui-gon jin
    could talk the federation in-
    to maybe, cutting them, a, little slack

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    A long, long time ago

but their response, it didn't thrill us
    they locked the doors, and tried to kill us

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    not the first time today I've had this song in my head

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    How did Katamari Rerolled turn out? I’m not buying any games until the new year, so I need to live vicariously through you folks.

There's a demo!

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    A long, long time ago

but their response, it didn't thrill us
    they locked the doors, and tried to kill us

My wife and I legit cannot sing the regular lyrics to American Pie anymore, we immediately bust out Weird Al's superior lyric set.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    But we escaped from that gas.
    And met Jar Jar
    And Boss Nass.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    We took a bongo from the scene,
    And we went to Theed to see the Queen.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    WE ALL WOUND UP ON TA

TOO

INE

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    That's where

We found

This boy

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well my, my this here Anakin guy

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    Well my, my this here Anakin guy

sandstorms are very, VERY dangerous!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular

That sure is the most unique take I've seen about both Super Mario Party and Odyssey.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Maybe Vader, someday later
    Now he's just a small fry

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Gundi wrote: »

That sure is the most unique take I've seen about both Super Mario Party and Odyssey.

To be clear since my attempt to make it pithy may have muddled the meaning,

Super Mario Party is among the best games in the Mario Party franchise, taking what worked from the previous ones and changing things to make what didn't work better.

Super Mario Odyssey on the other hand is really underwhelming compared to the full breadth of Mario platformers. It's got a high quantity of content but at the expense of a tightly-crafted experience, preferring novelty over compelling design.

Within their respective roles in the Mario franchise, Super Mario Party stands out against its peers while Super Mario Odyssey is frequently overshadowed by its.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Odyssey is brilliant, no matter what you compare it to. Being the best Mario Party only required the game to not be an utter trash fire.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I haven't played Mario Odyssey, but Super Mario Party is a very good game.

I wouldn't rank it as the best Mario Party, but in terms of group/party games that came out this year? It is spectacular.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I appreciate that there are people who've had great experiences with the Mario Party series but I never once have

I also understand longtime Mario fans' criticisms of Mario Odyssey but for a general non-fan such as myself I found it a fairly delightful experience

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I don't like Mario party or actual Mario games (except Sunshine)

it's me, the hater

• Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Odyssey is brilliant, no matter what you compare it to. Being the best Mario Party only required the game to not be an utter trash fire.

Couldn't disagree harder on this. There's very little about Odyssey that's brilliant. It is at times, at most, briefly clever, but even then it undermines that very cleverness by making absolutely everything an isolated little experience that never really builds on itself or anything else in the game to lead to something greater or more complex.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    yeah, everythings subjective but for me personally its my least favorite 3d mario

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mario Odyssey's a pretty good mario game buried under a lot of mediocre mario content

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Mario Odyssey is a good game and Super Mario Party is a good game.

This discussion has been closed.