Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Nintendo] NSMBU Deluxe, Tales of Vesperia, and Momodora out now.

1246793

Posts

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It's perhaps another simplification but I think Smash actually delivers on the idea of moveset-depth-without-difficulty-in-execution that some fighting games have tried for in the past, at least until you hit tournament play levels

    dN0T6ur.png
    ShortyGreasyKidsStuffSirEtchwartsCare Free BombOlivaw
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I can never do tilt moves on purpose because my twitchy fingers make everything a smash.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I feel that. You can make the second stick into a tilt stick instead of a smash stick to compensate, though I haven't done that yet

    dN0T6ur.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    C stick for tilts is the truth and the light

    2x39jD4.jpg
    GundiMadicankime
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Wait tilt moves are different from smashes?

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Wait tilt moves are different from smashes?
    Yup! On the ground doing a tilt attack (tilting the stuck slightly + normal attack button) is a completely unique move from smash attacks

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Wait tilt moves are different from smashes?
    Yup! On the ground doing a tilt attack (tilting the stuck slightly + normal attack button) is a completely unique move from smash attacks

    And in the air in Robin's case, iirc.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    huh

    i always thought it was a matter of fudging the timing slightly, not moving the stick less

    wild

  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Wait tilt moves are different from smashes?
    Yup! On the ground doing a tilt attack (tilting the stuck slightly + normal attack button) is a completely unique move from smash attacks

    And in the air in Robin's case, iirc.

    Oh really? I did not know that

    2x39jD4.jpg
    Crippl3
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Wait tilt moves are different from smashes?
    Yup! On the ground doing a tilt attack (tilting the stuck slightly + normal attack button) is a completely unique move from smash attacks

    And in the air in Robin's case, iirc.

    Oh really? I did not know that

    Yeah, she can use either levin sword or normal sword iirc.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    huh

    i always thought it was a matter of fudging the timing slightly, not moving the stick less

    wild

    It can be done either way!

    dN0T6ur.png
    DaypigeonOlivaw
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    I dont even know what fudging the timing would mean there I always just moved the stick less (which was hard to do in a scramble so I started using the tilt stick)

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    same motion as a smash attack but you press the attack button earlier

  • agoajagoaj Now is the time of my revengeRegistered User regular
    Some characters even have multiple forward tilts! Based on the angle.

    qnu0EMk.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Whose WFT was it that gave me so much trouble back in 4

    I know Wyvern's ROB, Speed's Yoshi or Mario, Gundi's Duck Hunt, chiasaur's Robin, Chopper Dave's Mega Man, somebody's Samus, Sterica's Dedede.... God, WFT might have been Wyvern's too, she used to kick the shit out of me up and down the street every time we had a tourney

    I played Samus a bunch but I dunno how often you and I played together.

  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Up tilts I find finicky, I mostly end up doing up airs. I know you can turn off jump taps on the stick but I like leaving it on because it lets you do up specials while shielding.

  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    same motion as a smash attack but you press the attack button earlier

    Or way later

    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    They shouldn't cut anybody from Smash.

    paBaVtZ.jpg
    KwoaruSirEtchwartsAndy JoeturtleantNiryaVann DirasMidniteYukiraJavenSageinaRageDJ EebsStilts
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Brie Larson dressed as Samus for Halloween. Does Instagram imbed? Let’s find out:




    I continue to be a major fan of Brie Larson

    9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    Grey GhostJoolanderMcFodderkimeFencingsax
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    They shouldn't cut anybody from Smash.

    Ah, my nemesis has arrived.

    9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    Grey Ghost
  • TayaTaya Hit refresh Registered User regular
    I hope this is the last Smash Bros game and they'll just update it forever. I also hope the Switch is the last console I ever buy and they keep making games for it for all of eternity.

    Andy JoeAthenorSageinaRagekime
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    @Wyborn

    am I gonna have to worry about you playing the desert sorceror, the leader of the space pirates, and the king?

  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    Damn I guess I didn't leave a strong enough impression on wyborn for him to remember my captain falcon or cloud.

    Guess I'm gonna have to vanquish the shit outta your horrible night, my dude

  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Fuck I'm excited for the new online!

    I can actually play fun smash online without being stuck with the miserable For Fun mode settings!

    X22wmuF.jpg
    OmnipotentBagel
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    One thing I noticed is that Wii Fit Trainer survived in the beam the longest. Yoga strong, but not strong enough.

    They have a heal, it kinda makes sense.

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Whose WFT was it that gave me so much trouble back in 4

    I know Wyvern's ROB, Speed's Yoshi or Mario, Gundi's Duck Hunt, chiasaur's Robin, Chopper Dave's Mega Man, somebody's Samus, Sterica's Dedede.... God, WFT might have been Wyvern's too, she used to kick the shit out of me up and down the street every time we had a tourney

    I played Samus a bunch but I dunno how often you and I played together.

    Rarely, I think, which I regret! We can definitely mend that this time though
    Gundi wrote: »
    am I gonna have to worry about you playing the desert sorceror, the leader of the space pirates, and the king?

    I mean, maybe! I do love big evil bad guys. I think Rools the least likely of those but you never know!
    Damn I guess I didn't leave a strong enough impression on wyborn for him to remember my captain falcon or cloud.

    Guess I'm gonna have to vanquish the shit outta your horrible night, my dude

    We only fought like three times! That's not enough time to build up a rivalry!

    For what ti's worth I absolutely god damn despised your Cloud and I think my win record against him was worse than any other matchup on the forum except for Wyvern's ROB and ChopperDave's Mega Man

    dN0T6ur.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    The ending cinematic of Smash's single player mode is gonna be Kirby inhaling a Master Hand and then it'll switch to a live action video that shows Sakurai has been both all along

    Crippl3LegacyEmerlmaster999OlivawWeedLordVegetaZonugalStilts
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I don't know if I want them to cut Smash characters, because I know my boy Roy will be the first to go. It already happened once! I thought I had come to terms with it, but I don't know if I can ever go back.

    But in the spirit of cutting things down, here's an idea for you. No more Smash Bros as a singular entity. Instead we have games like Super Smash Bros: Mario, or Super Smash Bros: The Legend of Zelda. And if you're afraid that your favorite game isn't big enough to get a character, we could have entries like Super Smash Bros: NES or Super Smash Bros: RPGs. And then you could set it up so there's crossplay between the games and WHOOPS! I just created a dystopian future where Smash is an installment-based service costing hundreds of dollars, didn't I? ABORT ABORT!

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I will give $10 million for a Metroid movie starring Brie Larson

    The only problem is that she is very short to be playing Samus.

    Use CGI to make her 8 inches taller.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Whose WFT was it that gave me so much trouble back in 4

    I know Wyvern's ROB, Speed's Yoshi or Mario, Gundi's Duck Hunt, chiasaur's Robin, Chopper Dave's Mega Man, somebody's Samus, Sterica's Dedede.... God, WFT might have been Wyvern's too, she used to kick the shit out of me up and down the street every time we had a tourney
    TelMarine was the absurdly good Samus player, I think. Him and ChopperDave are the only two I remember consistently trouncing me.

    I never played Wii Fit Trainer, so you're definitely thinking of someone else. Almost all of my tournament matches were either ROB or Link.

    EDIT: Wait, shit, who was the Robin? Those were always close matches for me.

    Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I will give $10 million for a Metroid movie starring Brie Larson

    The only problem is that she is very short to be playing Samus.

    Use CGI to make her 8 inches taller.

    just have her magically grow a foot when she's in the armor using lord of the rings camera magic if there's a practical suit or CGI if it's all CGI anyway, just like they did in other M :rotate:

    BahamutZERO.gif
    Legacy
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Just make sure every other actor hired for the movie is incredibly short.

    Plus it's Metroid there should be like two other humans in the movie and they get killed by space pirates in the first minute.

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    BahamutZEROPolaritieSyphonBlueOlivawZonugalShorty
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Whose WFT was it that gave me so much trouble back in 4

    I know Wyvern's ROB, Speed's Yoshi or Mario, Gundi's Duck Hunt, chiasaur's Robin, Chopper Dave's Mega Man, somebody's Samus, Sterica's Dedede.... God, WFT might have been Wyvern's too, she used to kick the shit out of me up and down the street every time we had a tourney
    TelMarine was the absurdly good Samus player, I think. Him and ChopperDave are the only two I remember consistently trouncing me.

    I never played Wii Fit Trainer, so you're definitely thinking of someone else. Almost all of my tournament matches were either ROB or Link.

    Yeah, TelMarine! I had an easier time with his Samus than with your ROB or Dave's Mega, but he was one of those players who took a Z-tier and went all in on learning them and using them as effectively as possible. I respect that. And lost to it.

    Hm, who even played WFT, then....

    Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    ROB's DThrow into UAir may be the single combo most perfectly tuned to obliterate Ganondorf in the history of Smash Bros

    Edit: Chiasaur was the Robin. Went from picking up Robin to being the Zone Master in like 4 months; by the end I couldn't touch him as Ganondorf

    I notice the matchups you describe as being bothersome are all with characters who can out-zone ROB; maybe that's why I had an easier time as Ness than Ganondorf

    Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Wait... My brother main's Gannondorf...

    *Takes notes*

    MYtio8V.jpg
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    i remember someone playing wii fit trainer. it was always super sad when they'd do some sick combo on me then drop it because wft's hitboxes are ridiculous and just don't hit some characters

    Rainfall
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    ROB's DThrow into UAir may be the single combo most perfectly tuned to obliterate Ganondorf in the history of Smash Bros

    Edit: Chiasaur was the Robin. Went from picking up Robin to being the Zone Master in like 4 months; by the end I couldn't touch him as Ganondorf

    I notice the matchups you describe as being bothersome are all with characters who can out-zone ROB; maybe that's why I had an easier time as Ness than Ganondorf
    Robin was a Link matchup for me for sure. With Samus and Mega Man I tended to lose no matter who I played.

    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Y'all talking about combos and matchups and the best I've ever been able to do is knock people off the stage then whiff the attempt to down air them before falling into the void.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    KwoaruBahamutZEROSyphonBlueNiryaMcFodderkime
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I love the inclusion of Piranha Plant so much.

    Previous fighters I'm definitely playing ASAP will be: Villager, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt Duo, Lucas and Mewtwo. Isabelle and PP are the newbies I care about the most.

    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Madican wrote: »
    Y'all talking about combos and matchups and the best I've ever been able to do is knock people off the stage then whiff the attempt to down air them before falling into the void.

    There was a moment of transition where Speed got really proficient with Yoshi and Mario's Forward-Airs and it changed the landscape of the forum for me
    Gundi wrote: »
    i remember someone playing wii fit trainer. it was always super sad when they'd do some sick combo on me then drop it because wft's hitboxes are ridiculous and just don't hit some characters

    , she said, snickering like her accursed main

    Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
Sign In or Register to comment.