As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That TV Thread Ain't Right

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    dang Netflix, leave some for everybody else

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marti-noxon-inks-rich-4-year-deal-netflix-1160448
    Add Marti Noxon to the rapidly growing list of showrunners who have signed with Netflix.

The Sharp Objects and Dietland alum has signed a multiyear overall deal with the streaming giant. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the pact is for four years and will see the Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Glee alum take home eight figures per year.

The deal is exclusive for television, with Netflix also having a first-look option on feature projects from Noxon. The agreement extends Noxon's relationship with Netflix, for whom she wrote and made her feature directorial debut with the film To the Bone, which bowed at Sundance in 2017.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Why does the partridge family logo remind me of the NBC peacock logo of the same era?

They look like they were done on the same computer, maybe the same artist?

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i somehow randomly selected the episode of married...with children where steve becomes an eco-terrorists to save a sea turtle named bosco

6vjsgrerts6r.png

edited November 2018
    i somehow randomly selected the episode of married...with children where steve becomes an eco-terrorists to save a sea turtle named bosco

Is he trying to impress a woman?

I seem to remember him often getting into wacky things like that with that as his ultimate motivation.

That show was nothing of not consistent with its characterization.

Tallahasseeriel on
    no he just doesn't want to get a job

6vjsgrerts6r.png

edited November 2018
    Ah yeah. No that tracks. And I just realized I was thinking of bud.

Holy shit my brain is busted.

Wait no that makes sense. He was Marcy's husband in the beginning of the show. I never remember him! I always remember Jefferson instead

Tallahasseeriel on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2018
    Bodyguard
    turns out to be a morality tale about the terrible consequences of ducking counselling

that first sixty minutes of E6 was insane. I have never wanted more to skip ahead through something, but also been completely unable to look away.

tynic on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Jefferson is the better of the two.

sig.gif
    jefferson darcy rules, this is a known fact

6vjsgrerts6r.png

He's clearly more memorable

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm just going to leave this here.

sig.gif
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Are people not watching The Good Place this season? I see a lot less talk about it compared to previous years. I've still only seen the first two episodes of the new season and am yet to catch up.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Are people not watching The Good Place this season? I see a lot less talk about it compared to previous years. I've still only seen the first two episodes of the new season and am yet to catch up.

There's a whole thread for it!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    tynic wrote: »
    Bodyguard
    turns out to be a morality tale about the terrible consequences of ducking counselling

that first sixty minutes of E6 was insane. I have never wanted more to skip ahead through something, but also been completely unable to look away.

It's especially harrowing because the show has already gone to great lengths to show you that it doesn't give a fuck about maintaining a status quo and pretty much any possible scenario is in play.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here.

I watched this episode tonight just to catch more constantine and i think i need to watch more of this show.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    But my favorite part about the ending to Bodyguard s01:
    It doesn't end with him being saved by regaining the love of his wife or by getting a commendation for service to his country or whatever. It ends with him pulling his broken shit together and finally getting therapy, which he has clearly needed for a very long time. It was actually a really disarming ending that was handled super well.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    jefferson darcy rules, this is a known fact

Also he was Aquaman for like 10 minutes

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

There's a whole thread for it!

D'oh!

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I was not a fan of last season's legend of tomorrow. I just do not like Damien Dark as a bad guy at all.

I've been getting into this season though.

In other TV news I've discovered Man in the High Castle, and I've been getting into it considering the political climate at the moment.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Bodyguard

Yup! Bodyguard is a wild, amazing show. Everyone watch bodyguard.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I just finished off Hill House

What a great show

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Watching King Of The Hill

I forgot how many of my favorite episodes are in the first three seasons, and how fully formed that show is almost out of the gate

The volunteer firefighter episode, which I assumed was season 5-6 at the earliest based on the extended Roshomon riff, is in season three

What season did Nancy leave Redcorn in?

That's still one of my favorite episodes since it actually changed the status quo, something i wasn't expecting.

I just looked it up because I was curious

I figured, that's probably like, season 7 or 8

That's season four

Of thirteen

Started American Vandal last night. It's actually both stupid funny, and oddly compelling!

And I almost died at the "Yeah, I always take time to do the the ball hairs" bit.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I didn't get Married With Children when I was a kid

imagine "it doesn't make any sense that Al isn't attracted to Peg, she's a babe" but for every single joke

I was a dull boy

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Started American Vandal last night. It's actually both stupid funny, and oddly compelling!

And I almost died at the "Yeah, I always take time to do the the ball hairs" bit.

just wait till you get to the extended summer camp handjob tangent

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Has anyone watched She-ra? Im thinking of starting it today.

Quire.jpg
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular

I'm about 4 episodes in now and pretty happy with it.

I dunno the source material, but there's a sci-fi bent that's pretty cool.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

I'm about 4 episodes in now and pretty happy with it.

I dunno the source material, but there's a sci-fi bent that's pretty cool.

There really isnt any. Old He-man just kinda played it by ear with that stuff.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I didn't get Married With Children when I was a kid

imagine "it doesn't make any sense that Al isn't attracted to Peg, she's a babe" but for every single joke

I was a dull boy

Peg Bundy was one of my childhood crushes. Right after Janeane Garofalo and before Daria. Its part of why I immediately like Lela the first time I saw Futurama.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The final season of A Series of Unfortunate Events is available New Year's Day 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQQZzYCNnZg

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Pedro Pascal is the lead for The Mandalorian

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Yes!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    didn't we already know that

or was it just a rumor before

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    didn't we already know that

or was it just a rumor before

Movie/Tv news sites basically report early talks as confirmed done deals at this point

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pedro Pascal is dreamy

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Yowch. Ep4 of hill house is brutal

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Watching the latest GBBO season on Netflix and got to the episode where everyone is wearing Hawaiian shirts and sure enough I 100% own the one Rahul is wearing

CYpGAPn.png
    Yowch. Ep4 of hill house is brutal

Oh, it can get a lot worse.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm two episodes into She-Ra and it's very charming. I'm very interested to see where it goes.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Brooklyn 99 comes back on my birthday.

Best gift I could have asked for.

This discussion has been closed.