As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That TV Thread Ain't Right

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's a weird place where a serial predator not getting a $120 million dollar payout feels like a victory.

The ultra-rich live in a world with totally different rules.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    "I'm a fucking viking! We like boats! We're supposed to make boats out of things!"

#TeamGodbrand

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh no! How will he ever live without that $120 million payout?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    The Americans s03e05
    I hate everything about this creepy-ass lolita relationship

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have started watching

Happy Endings

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have started watching

Happy Endings

It's a good show, Grant

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I would legit marry Max from Happy Endings

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I would legit marry Max from Happy Endings

He's the perfect man

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Y'all can marry Max Blum.

No opposition from me on this.

I have sights on another.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

How did I fucking know that you were a Dave man?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    honestly I'd gladly shack up with any of the main cast of Happy Endings.

mostly though I want to be the meat in a Brad and Jane sandwich.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2018
    Veldrin wrote: »
    The Americans s03e05
    at least the show is very well aware that it's horrific, and you can see it totally killing Phillip

tynic on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i started happy endings not too long ago as well!

i love the whole cast a bunch but, i.... i think i do gotta give it up for dave? his flaws feel more resonant in this moment of half-remembrance

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I remember Happy Endings. I really liked that show.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

How did I fucking know that you were a Dave man?

I am a man who loves Sangria...

• Options
    As of episode 2 Dave seems very much like the Ted Mosby of this show
    Does he get better

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    As of episode 2 Dave seems very much like the Ted Mosby of this show
    Does he get better
    Less he gets better and more the show becomes more aware of how much he sucks

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also Graham do you agree that Dave looks weirdly like AJ Styles

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Basically they take him on the progression from "gosh, isn't he the relatable center of this ensemble" to "this guy is like if a Dave Matthews song were a person, let's point and laugh at him"

They also more or less give up on taking the characters seriously as human beings and allow it to be a cartoon, which works greatly to its benefit

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    nothing before or after happy endings has truly taken advantage of just how great elisha cuthbert is

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I finally started watching Happy Endings maybe last year on Hulu

but, since also maybe last year, I still have a few episodes left to watch and I think I've been putting it off because I'll be very sad when there are no more episodes to watch

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    also the show aired wildly out of production order, which makes dave sucking stand out even more in season one

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the lady made me watch the first episode of happy endings and I hated it nearly as much as the first episode of Coupling

I believe it gets better but uh

I dunno when I'm gonna have time to sit through that again

• Options
    Adam Pally had me hooked immediately

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    The Americans s03e05
    at least the show is very well aware that it's horrific, and you can see it totally killing Phillip

Yeah
    There’s some irony in the horribleness of it all, since one of the first emotional acts we see Phillip do in the show is beat the crap out of a pedophile.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh no! How will he ever live without that $120 million payout?

Imagine only having three yachts and two private jets, like some kind of filthy commoner. The ignominy!

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Happy Endings was such a great show killed by the absolute stupidity of the network that owned it.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Watching the Tudors with my wife

Cromwell showed up, and she said, "Oh shit, it's Cromwell."

I said, "Most folks crom poorly, but not this guy."

Anyway I guess I need to start shopping around for a divorce attorney

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Sorry to tell you but your wife’s pregnant due to the overwhelming Dadness of that joke.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Pooro this is the TV thread, you're looking for this one
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/204867/the-even-worse-joke-thread

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Happy Endings was such a great show killed by the absolute stupidity of the network that owned it.

It was the first show where the gay character didn't make me roll my eyes within seconds of their being on screen. I really appreciated the way they handled Max. He was such a great character.

Viskod on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yeah, I know people constantly praise the show but even then, it doesn't get enough credit for how it handles Max.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    max is great but I had been entertained enough by adam pally by the time I got to happy endings that it was just a forgone conclusion that max was great

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I don't really know Adam Pally from anything else

• Options

You've never seen Iron Man 3?

• Options

You've never seen Iron Man 3?

I mean, yes, but that was a small part and I don't feel it justifies me claiming I know and love his work

• Options
    His other prominent television work is The Mindy Project.

Which is a perfectly fine sitcom.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLHiogzWX4
    Most importantly, the time he and Demi Adejuyigbe fought to the death

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Yeah, I know people constantly praise the show but even then, it doesn't get enough credit for how it handles Max.

He's one of very few gay characters who is written as if he's just a regular person who is sometimes an idiot, instead of either being the butt of the jokes or a magical unicorn with the solutions to all of life's problems.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

He's one of very few gay characters who is written as if he's just a regular person who is sometimes an idiot, instead of either being the butt of the jokes or a magical unicorn with the solutions to all of life's problems.

His sexual orientation doesn't define him.

His trash lifestyle does.

This discussion has been closed.