Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

That TV Thread Ain't Right

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    i just learned malcolm's last name today

They only ever said it on the final episode

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    Straightzi
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The powers that they gave TV Lucifer directly contradict what I loved about the comic book character.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I like the comics and the TV thing and they are essentially completely different products and I don't think it really does either to compare them

"based on" is very very loose here

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    PeenPhillishereOlivaw
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah that's fair, but he's also one of my all time favorite comics characters, so it's hard for me not to compare any version of Lucifer to him

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I tried watching the Lucifer show and he just really came off as some sort of weird pickup artist to me, turned me right off it

Anzekay wrote: »
    I tried watching the Lucifer show and he just really came off as some sort of weird pickup artist to me, turned me right off it

You're not wrong

It is very funny to me though that a recurring theme in the show is women using him for sex because he's hot, but yes, he is constantly trying to pick people up and if that's a turnoff you're not gonna like it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Zonugal
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    I think Lucifer as an extreme Barney Stinson figure will/has aged poorly.

I think "this is wildly different from the source material" is kind of fair though, and I honestly don't know why they didn't just abandon all pretense and use Lucifer, the public domain character.

From what I recall though, the Lucifer comics themselves weren't that great after Gaiman left the character with Sandman.

Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    Tube wrote: »

I think "this is wildly different from the source material" is kind of fair though, and I honestly don't know why they didn't just abandon all pretense and use Lucifer, the public domain character.

From what I recall though, the Lucifer comics themselves weren't that great after Gaiman left the character with Sandman.

I'm fond of Carey's solo series, but it is definitely very different from Sandman. Still exploring a lot of questions about fate vs free will, but from a different perspective, I guess?

ShortyknitdanGvzbgul
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Lucifer TV seemed like knock off season 1 Sleepy Hollow. And Sleepy Hollow was only decent for about a season and a half.

Andy Joe
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

I'm fond of Carey's solo series, but it is definitely very different from Sandman. Still exploring a lot of questions about fate vs free will, but from a different perspective, I guess?
    Yeah Mike Carey's Lucifer is one of the better Vertigo runs

All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    ShortyNarbusshoeboxjeddyBear_thescond
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

Yeah Mike Carey's Lucifer is one of the better Vertigo runs

if I were ranking Vertigo books I would definitely have Lucifer on the same tier as Sandman and Hellblazer

I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    StraightziGvzbgul
    Lucifer TV seemed like knock off season 1 Sleepy Hollow. And Sleepy Hollow was only decent for about a season and a half.

lucifer is a lot better than sleepy hollow, and i like both

I also dont really see how theyre the same other than British Man

• MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    God what a bummer Sleepy Hollow was

that show was so cool the first season, and then...

3ds friend code: 2036 9837 9754 Switch: 3661 4488 2896
    PSN/XBL id: Moriveth Steam: L4Mori
    Raijin QuickfoothonovereZonugal3clipserhylithKing RiptormxmarksBlankzillaRorshach KringleCentipede DamascusDoodmannBloodsheedHermanoDouglasDangerAndy JoeshoeboxjeddyReynoldsVeldrinTransporterJohnny ChopsockyOlivawDevlin_DragonusCantidecursedking
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    God what a bummer Sleepy Hollow was

that show was so cool the first season, and then...

I would even say the first 2 seasons were good.

But anything after was godawful

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    3clipseOlivaw
    I think we stopped watching midway through the second season. And then I found out that they (spoilers for anyone who cares, I guess)
    Killed off Nicole Beharie's character, who I liked a lot!

ZonugalRaijin QuickfootAndy Joeshoeboxjeddy
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think we stopped watching midway through the second season. And then I found out that they (spoilers for anyone who cares, I guess)
    Killed off Nicole Beharie's character, who I liked a lot!

Yeah, this was the effective death knell for the show.

2mw6ukw.jpg
    Andy JoeOlivawDE?AD
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Second season couldn’t maintain the first’s incredible pace. It went from fun and unpredictable to a slog extremely quickly.

Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    ZonugalRaijin QuickfootRorshach KringlehonovereHermanoshoeboxjeddyReynoldsOlivawCantide
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I wonder if 99 got a larger budget?
    It sure seems like they'll have way more extras in the bullpen scenes

A lot of it seemes shot in unfamiliar ways . The whole episode felt different visually

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    TofystedethMuddy Water
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Season 1 of Sleepy Hollow is one of my favorite seasons of television period.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    ZonugalrhylithReynolds
    The first season cliffhanger was fucking rad. It's up there with the end of season 3 of Person Of Interest

Now, Person Of Interest, that was a show that started out alright and then slowly rocketed up to one of my favorite damn shows ever.

Centipede DamascushonovereJansonJohnny ChopsockyDevlin_Dragonus
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Someday I'll get around to watching Person of Interest.

• timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    I wonder if 99 got a larger budget?
    It sure seems like they'll have way more extras in the bullpen scenes

A lot of it seemes shot in unfamiliar ways . The whole episode felt different visually

The lighting seemed more "realistic" in the 99 set. Bluer and more cheap florescent.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

King RiptorTofystedeth
    It looks like it's on ABC instead of Fox now.

Man, it's so good. Like from the start it's a pretty good standard procedural show, but fuck, it gets so fucking buckwild.

Raijin QuickfootElderlycrawfish

Man, it's so good. Like from the start it's a pretty good standard procedural show, but fuck, it gets so fucking buckwild.

Bring over your VHS copy and we'll watch it.

Sleepy Hollow reminds me of Riverdale in a way.

Season 1 was short and tight and amazing.

Season 2 has more episodes and felt like they didn't know what to do with all of that extra time so it feels like a slog.

Difference is Season 3 of Riverdale has gone full on insane in an amazing way.

Zonugal
  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    Al Pacino has joined the Jordan Peele produced Nazi hunting Amazon show, The Hunt, in his first television role.

I had trouble parsing this sentence and at first thought it was a new Wonder Woman series.

steam_sig.png
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Al Pacino has joined the Jordan Peele produced Nazi hunting Amazon show, The Hunt, in his first television role.

I had trouble parsing this sentence and at first thought it was a new Wonder Woman series.

Al Pacino is Hades in Wonder Woman, coming next fall.

2mw6ukw.jpg
    JedocJoolander
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 11
    Zonugal wrote: »

That would have been better than the Hades we got
    Edit -
    Oh wait that was Ares .

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Zonugal

what Hades

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Nothing much what hades with you?

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    Joolander
    I'd put good money down that they will revise that particular element of the Wonder Woman movie.

They'll walk it back so they can give her more supporting characters.

2mw6ukw.jpg
    King RiptorOlivaw
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular

what Hades

Hell if I know

Tofystedeth3clipseGrey GhostSlacker71Theodore FlooseveltmxmarksshoeboxjeddyVeldrinShortyOlivawJayrichoJoolander
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    Zonugal3clipseBobbleSnicketysnickCentipede DamascusRaijin QuickfootTofystedethNarbusnever dieStiltsBloodsheedMidniteAndy JoeshoeboxjeddyPaperLuigi44tynicVeldrinSirEtchwartsTransporterShortyMagellOlivawchrishallett83Devlin_DragonusCantide
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

SnicketysnickLaOsRaijin QuickfootPeenTofystedethNarbusBloodsheedAndy JoeshoeboxjeddyPaperLuigi44SirEtchwartsShortyOlivawchrishallett83CantideDrCongo

Tofystedethtimspork's ghostShortyOlivaw
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Then the subject of C.K. entered the discussion. “Leave Louis C.K. alone. Enough with that. And again, there are so many issues we gotta be motivated on. He’s been my friend — and I stand by that — he’s been my friend since 1985, and I think he has suffered,” she said. “And when he performs at the Comedy Cellar and people get all irate, if nothing else, care about his daughters. If nothing else — if you can find no compassion for him, which I think you should — think about how his daughters, who hear all of this stuff, feel. Why don’t you leave him alone for them if you’re so women-empowering?”
    Cause you don’t understand what it is like to be a public pariah, cause it’s not happened to you. You don’t understand what it’s like to have people in the street yell things"
    [another host says "But he chose to be a public person, and then he chose to take advantage of that."]

"Also, I don’t think you know the full story … and nobody talks onstage in their stand-up more than him [about] everything he’s ever done throughout that whole time. I don’t want to get caught up in this, because clearly you take a strong position on this, and it doesn’t win me any friends. This is like talking about Israel. But I do believe when you’re a friend with someone, and if you think that they have suffered — I don’t believe in kicking a person when they’re down."
    Garofalo goes on to note that “there’ll be nothing but vitriol coming at me about this, and it’s so easy to get mad at these things and then lose sight of other things that impact our lives.” When the hosts again note that they can juggle multiple issues at once, Garofalo tells them that C.K. has “paid heavily, heavily, and his family has paid heavily.” When the hosts take issue with C.K. performing at comedy clubs like the Cellar, Garofalo says, “Oh my God. Do you know how much offensive material goes on at the Comedy Cellar? You know what? If you don’t want to listen to him, get up and leave the room. You are acting like Mussolini has walked into the room, and it is not. This is a human being.”

more in the article but it uh doesn't get better

Does she think mussolini was a robot and or alien

*deep, exhausted sigh*

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    A Dabble Of TheloniusMorivethtimspork's ghostStiltsSweeney TomPeenGrey GhostZonugalRaijin Quickfoot3clipseKevin CristJragghenAndy JoeRorshach KringleshoeboxjeddyAngelHedgietynicVeldrinSirEtchwartsAistanShortySorceOlivawchrishallett83Bear_thescondDevlin_DragonusCantideSporkAndrewLadai
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Won't someone think of the children C. K.'s ability to perform at The Cellar?!

This post was sponsored by LG.

'Get your fucking finger on the wookie'
    never die
This discussion has been closed.