As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomics: Are They Good or Bad?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    in peritale, everyone continues to be terrible

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Ah, she's a kid who just lost her family, give her some slack.

Ozzie the Vampire

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    In the most recent grrl power, the protector, the orville, and the andromeda ascendent wait in line for takeoff and are disrupted by a manic pixie girl with god tier tech that could start a war

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    I'm upset that Isabelle and Villager are considered bourgie by Marth

they are clearly part of the proletariat

Isabelle works in the mayor's office and villager is literally the mayor tho, those seem like pretty bourgie positions

except there really isn't a hierarchal structure to the village

nobody pays you taxes, you don't get paid for being mayor, it's just a job that you do for the community

you literally use your own money, earned through extra labor (and eventually the turnip market) to build public buildings

no workers are exploited except maybe Isabelle, and I don't think anyone is telling her to bust her ass

I see Animal Crossing towns as communal societies, personally

Aside from having absolute power over what is done to the town, the residents constantly giving you their possessions to curry your favor, and the ability to force out anyone you don't want to live there...

you mean the same animals who give gifts to each other all the time

also how the fuck do you actually get animals to move out

was that a thing they added later on in New Leaf

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Isabelle works in the mayor's office and villager is literally the mayor tho, those seem like pretty bourgie positions

nobody pays you taxes, you don't get paid for being mayor, it's just a job that you do for the community

you literally use your own money, earned through extra labor (and eventually the turnip market) to build public buildings

no workers are exploited except maybe Isabelle, and I don't think anyone is telling her to bust her ass

Aside from having absolute power over what is done to the town, the residents constantly giving you their possessions to curry your favor, and the ability to force out anyone you don't want to live there...

It was the update to new leaf before you had the random tent and the whim of when the animals had enough
    jyidk2aqmrgx.png

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    In today's Love Me Nice, Claire makes a realization

HR6qeu2.png

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    zk1l2roduvy2.jpg
    Widdershins with new characters in a new story

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Animal Crossing has democratic ostracism in the vein of ancient athens

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Durkon loses a level from that extra resurrection, so it's still not so great

Only if Rich writes it that way.

I could see him, say, writing in that clerics of Loki are able to cheat just a little by having specific spells work a little better for them, e.g. you don't need true rez to avoid level loss, just a normal rez.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Durkon loses a level from that extra resurrection, so it's still not so great

Only if Rich writes it that way.

I could see him, say, writing in that clerics of Loki are able to cheat just a little by having specific spells work a little better for them, e.g. you don't need true rez to avoid level loss, just a normal rez.

Or she casts Revivify, which fixes death without level loss if it happens in one round.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I have read Love Me Nicein its entirety.

It went quick.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

One (1) cow was harmed in the making of this strip

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    OK, I'm going to be real

I hate saddest turtle comics, not because they're poorly made but because I always feel bad for saddest turtle and want them to be happy instead

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

It was the update to new leaf before you had the random tent and the whim of when the animals had enough
    jyidk2aqmrgx.png

chasing someone around with a net until they decide they want to move out isn't dictatorial powers, though

it's just being a fucking dick

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Yeah I keep waiting for the payoff to saddest turtle but I don't think it's gonna come

• Options
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    zk1l2roduvy2.jpg
    Widdershins with new characters in a new story

Anyone want to bet that at the end, junior still has to hang someone?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Is that comic still on going? The one with the main character that was an author insert who battled an army of illegal immigrants while engaging in long political discussions with scantily clad women?

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Is that comic still on going? The one with the main character that was an author insert who battled an army of illegal immigrants while engaging in long political discussions with scantily clad women?

are you talking about...

day by day?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    Yes! I couldn't remember the name.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    If that dude isn't dead or in prison yet, then yeah it's probably still going

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT DAY BY DAY

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT DAY BY DAY

Let me stop you right there

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The "no ironic comic posts" rule continues to be the best thing that ever happened to this thread

• Options
  • Options
    nhjb2ql3svcs.jpg
    Daughter of the Lilies with the last comic of the year

• Options
    The "no ironic comic posts" rule continues to be the best thing that ever happened to this thread
    I think the thumbnail rule is the best. It made it so much easier for a person to scroll past a comic they hate and it cut down on arguments as a result.

Irony is fake anyway.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Apparently Day by Day got picked as a "Yahoo Picks" for comics back in 2003 and was described as
    Office politics with an edge are served up daily in Chris Muir's comic strip lampooning a fairly typical tech company. Starring world-weary engineer Sam, easygoing product designer Zed, intense marketing executive Jan, and conservative software coder Damon, the comic is a study in how the characters -- many of whom might be all too familiar -- rub each other the wrong way. The women (Sam and Jan) battle the sometimes-warped perceptions of the men (Zed and Damon). Conservative Damon takes potshots at the concerned liberals around him. And the youngsters (Jan and Damon) make the 40-year-olds (Sam and Zed) feel even older. There's a little something to annoy or amuse everyone, every day.

Which is, uh, kinda different from what it is now.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Yahoo is a search engine, why would you let a cold emotionless computer influence your webcomic decisions.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
This discussion has been closed.